Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I have read, the virus attaches to ACE2 receptors in the lungs. Elderly, males, smokers. Asians, people with hypertension express more of them. So maybe, people outside of these groups could be asymptomatic? Not having enough “heli-pads” in their lungs?

DBM

Nice gesture of unity.

I read that the Pope is calling all Catholics to pray the "Our Father" prayer on Wednesday at noon Rome time. Although I'm not a Catholic, it's a great ecumenical opportunity and will join in. Does anyone know what time it will be here in the U.S. (East Coast) when it is noon on Wednesday in Rome?
6:00 am on the East Coast. Thanks for letting us know.

(Reuters) - All Muslim prayers at Jerusalem's al-Aqsa mosque compound will be suspended from Monday until further notice in an effort to prevent the spread of coronavirus, religious officials said on Sunday.

The doors of the mosque and the adjoining Dome of the Rock had already been shut, but worshippers were still able to gather in the open areas of the hilltop compound, known to Muslims as the Noble Sanctuary and to Jews as the Temple Mount.

Aren't all Americans entitled to the best possible care? Many people are not being tested, even when they display obvious symptoms. Many are waiting many days to receive test results that causes major and undue stress to their loved ones who don't know whether or not they've been infected. I would like there to be equity for all Americans because we are in this together. I pray daily for our leaders and the American people that G-d will see us through this global crisis.
We are all in this together. But we also voted for certain individuals to have the responsibility to steer the ship for us, and make vital decisions and take action to get us through this national crisis.

So we need to protect and monitor those people, who have those responsibilities in order to protect this nation. JMO

GREECE

ATHENS (Reuters) - Greece announced a lockdown on Sunday, restricting movement from Monday morning with only a few exceptions, to combat the spread of coronavirus.

"It is maybe the last step, one that must be taken promptly and not in vain," Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis said in a televised address. "We have to protect the common good, our health.

Greece imposes lockdown after coronavirus infections jump

DH and I want our cleaning service to keep coming. As long as the ladies are well, we will keep our distance and let them do their job. I don't want this local business to suffer due to COVID-19.
My cleaning service is taking a little nap on the couch right now..... The dishwashing service (oh, that's me) is about to clock in for work.Where the heck did this sink full of dirty dishes come from ?.........moo

We are all in this together. But we also voted for certain individuals to have the responsibility to steer the ship for us, and make vital decisions and take action to get us through this national crisis.

So we need to protect and monitor those people, who have those responsibilities in order to protect this nation. JMO
Amen. May they use their power wisely and never abdicate their responsibilities.

ITALY

ROME (Reuters) - Italy banned travel within the country on Sunday in yet another attempt to slow the spread of the coronavirus, as data showed a further 651 people had died from the disease, lifting the number of fatalities to 5,476.

A month after the first death from the highly infectious virus was registered in Italy, the government also issued an order freezing all business activity deemed non-essential in an effort to keep ever more people at home and off the streets.

Amongst the sectors targeted were the car, clothing and furniture industries. They have until Wednesday to wind down operations and will have to remain shuttered until April 3.

Italy bans internal travel as a further 651 die from coronavirus

IMO that goes for every country on this earth.

The prime minister [of Canada, Justin Trudeau] told kids that staying home, handwashing and practicing social distancing — which he defined for any youngsters tuning in — are important measures "not just for ourselves, but for our grandparents, our nurses, our doctors and everyone working in hospitals.

"Thank you for helping your parents work from home, for sacrificing your usual day and doing math class around the kitchen table and trusting in science," he said.

More messaging expected for kids
Trudeau also mentioned that kids across the country could expect to hear more from the federal government shortly about the COVID-19 pandemic.

"We're going to have more to say to you soon, so stay tuned. In the meantime. let's make sure we all do our part. Let's fight this together."

Last week, Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg held a news conference for children, answering written questions from concerned and curious kids across the country.

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has also held a kids-only conference to calm fears and explain the science behind the virus and how to stop its spread.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ju...s-to-follow-social-distancing-rules-1.5506113

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt