Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should call them Vaccine Gardens!

so not lady garden's then ok

also apparently 1 million people lost their jobs yesterday in Australia, and our social security system has crashed again for the second day in a row so if you have a medicare claim to lodge or something else to do you can't right now

also our family was supposed to come down for easter my wife's little sister lives in Sydney now with her partner and they will be trapped there for the foreseeable future and we can't have our cousin over as he has MS and is immune compromised with his treatments and our grandparents can't come either because you know they are old

so our special easter gathering is cancelled and i know its a fact of life right now it just sucks as we don't get to see each other often and easter is one of our big ones it'll just have to wait to make sure we're all safe

Coronavirus Australia live updates

A Husband and Wife sent their Daughter to spring break in Florida last week, even though the president was on tv warning the public to self quarantine but the man and woman apparently like to spoil their child so she came home to Martin County Kentucky this past weekend and brought her parents home a gift, the Coronavirus and probably the rest of the community will catch it also.

I have been checking in throughout the day when I can; thank you all so much for all you do to keep us informed.

I’m an essential worker so I’m still going into work everyday.

I just got home and am enjoying more quarantini.

please stay safe, my friends. #stayhomesavelives

Why? Because you could be a carrier and not show symptoms.

We know that people can be contagious with no, or minor, symptoms. The R-not is roughly 2.5 people, so every sick person infects 2-3 others, and they infect 2-3 others and so on until 20% of those who are infected require hospitalization for 20 days and a percentage of those require ICU care. Then the health care system is overloaded and medical professionals have to make decisions about triage based on best possible outcomes.

The numbers are here, scroll down
Coronavirus Update (Live): 378,829 Cases and 16,509 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

Still, if the choice is between two healthy people with no secondary conditions, one is a Spring break partier and the other is a 60 year old in self-isolation to prevent/reduce transmission, whose life should be saved? It shouldn't always be about age.
If someone becomes infected with COVID-19 to the point they need a ventilator, they aren't healthy. The decision will be based on many factors such as whether the patient can improve so that they can survive when taken OFF the ventilator. Ventilators are a treatment, not a cure.

JMO

BLACK HAWK COUNTY: No community spread yet, two new COVID-19 cases self-isolating
3 central Iowa school districts confirm staff COVID-19 cases
Some info. about some of the cases in Iowa. IMO-the staff person from Norwalk is interesting to me because their boy's
basketball team played 3 games at the state tourament the week of March 9-13, with restrictions of 100 or less fans per team on the last day only. ETA- I deleted a link with more info. because the players names were in it. However, I did watch the games on tv.

New York City will likely implement some tougher controls on population movement soon. In my opinion, Washington State governor is a wee bit late in doing so.

There is a balance between Federal intervention, and States Rights in America. Each state Governor has a tremendous amount of autonomy in terms of dealing with this crisis. Depending on the data, some states will call for citizens to self quarantine, some will not. Some will shut down business and some will not. There will be differing levels of intervention based on each states outbreak numbers.

I fully agree, when the intervention methodologies surpass the medical crisis itself in terms of strain on infrastructure, and more importantly, number of deaths, then one must take a serious look at that situation.

Panic and reactionary responses in situations such as these is likely not a good thing.

Making informed decisions, based on data, is of paramount importance.

MOO

Last edited:
I want to come to the party!!!

I am going to self isolate next week. The schools here are supposed to start back up next week. The cases are increasing like crazy. I think we need at least 2 more weeks of self isolating at a minimum.
Ours are now closed for the remainder of the school year:

“I have faith in the commitment, innovation and creativity of Oklahoma educators and administrators,” Hofmeister said in a news release. “Many districts across our state have utilized online instruction already and likely will be able to hit the ground running. Other districts have significant technology limitations, while some might opt for instructional materials delivered to students. There will be a wide range of approaches and it will be far from ideal, but necessary as we embrace these changes and even sacrifice to protect the public health of our communities.”
Superintendent Proposes Okla. Schools To Remain Closed Through End Of School Year Due To Coronavirus

New Jersey:

Coronavirus in NJ: 80 new cases in Monmouth County, 42 in Ocean County

“The number of newly-reported positive COVID-19 cases rose by 80 in Monmouth County and 42 in Ocean County, officials said Monday.

There were no additional deaths reported in either county.

Statewide, 935 new positive COVID-19 tests sent the state's overall count to 2,844. There were seven more deaths, bringing the total number of fatalities in New Jersey to 27, New Jersey Health Commissioner Judith Persichilli said at the state's daily briefing.”

[...]

““As we see these numbers climb, while anticipated, it reminds us why social distancing is so important,” Freeholder Director Thomas A. Arnone said in a statement. “It is critical for everyone to practice social distancing so that we can slow the spread.””

More at link re: specific counties

If someone becomes infected with COVID-19 to the point they need a ventilator, they aren't healthy. The decision will be based on many factors such as whether the patient can improve so that they can survive when taken OFF the ventilator. Ventilators are a treatment, not a cure.

JMO

Okay, maybe more information will be available in the coming week related to healthy people of all ages ending up in ICU or on respirators.

Ours are now closed for the remainder of the school year:

“I have faith in the commitment, innovation and creativity of Oklahoma educators and administrators,” Hofmeister said in a news release. “Many districts across our state have utilized online instruction already and likely will be able to hit the ground running. Other districts have significant technology limitations, while some might opt for instructional materials delivered to students. There will be a wide range of approaches and it will be far from ideal, but necessary as we embrace these changes and even sacrifice to protect the public health of our communities.”
Superintendent Proposes Okla. Schools To Remain Closed Through End Of School Year Due To Coronavirus
If the Oklahoma teachers and the Oklahoma kids I've met are any indication, that faith is justified. Smart, dedicated teachers, and super-nice kids :)

That's what angers me. I want to be here for many reasons but soooo look forward to our 1st Grandchild this summer. I have a lot of living left to do. I turned 36 today. OK I lied it is my Birthday but I reversed the numbers :D

Happiest of birthdays to you! I say that because TODAY you are alive AND have a grandchild on the way. Having grandchildren is . . . I can't explain. You will find out. :)

Numbers from an hour ago

View attachment 240034
So in 2 more days, the US will rack up as many as total Italy and and in 4 more days as many as the full total of China.....when both went into full lockdown and one still is and other is cautiously watching

<modsnip >

Last edited by a moderator:
There are more stories like this:

"A 28-year-old survivor of coronavirus has revealed how the disease felt like a 'car crash' that left him unable to move.

Mark Stubbs, from London, was left with liver damage and says that he 'nearly died' after contracting the virus.
Speaking to Piers Morgan and Lorraine Kelly on Good Morning Britain, he said: "I think the misconception is that young people can't get it, but it is a bad virus and I think a lot of young people will get it."

"A couple of days before I was running, mobile and absolutely fine. Within three days I was unable to breathe unaided, my lungs were completely taken over, I was unable to sit up in bed, coughing up blood."​

28-year-old coronavirus survivor says virus felt like "car crash"

so not lady garden's then ok

also apparently 1 million people lost their jobs yesterday in Australia, and our social security system has crashed again for the second day in a row so if you have a medicare claim to lodge or something else to do you can't right now

also our family was supposed to come down for easter my wife's little sister lives in Sydney now with her partner and they will be trapped there for the foreseeable future and we can't have our cousin over as he has MS and is immune compromised with his treatments and our grandparents can't come either because you know they are old

so our special easter gathering is cancelled and i know its a fact of life right now it just sucks as we don't get to see each other often and easter is one of our big ones it'll just have to wait to make sure we're all safe

Coronavirus Australia live updates
I am sorry... I know what it means to see family at special times.
Easter will probably be cancelled for us also. It was to be in my youngest daughter's new home, which probably now, will not close due to mtg/.banks being closed for the most part.
My oldest daughter's wedding will probably be cancelled.
I hope the caterer, photographer, rental hall and wedding planner will allow us to use our deposits towards a future date.
It stinks not being surrounded by family right now, but I pray and have hope that by doing our due diligence NOW, we will have a future to be able to celebrate with family and friends.
We will get through this !!!

I'm pretty confident the CDC is telling the truth.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

An array of drugs approved for other indications as well as several investigational drugs are being studied in several hundred clinical trials that are underway across the globe.
They are being studied. Doesn't mean they work. Doesn't mean they will ever be approved to treat covid. Doesn't mean if they are approved, it will happen any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader