Ohio
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
City of Atlanta

Let me know of others so I can add when I publish next.

I'm in Maryland and we're not under stay at home orders. We were expecting them with the governor's press conference at this time yesterday, but they didn't come. All he did was shut down non-essential businesses as of 5 pm yesterday, which he'd pretty much already done the week before.

Yes, Wal-Mart from 6am to 7am.

I ventured out this morning at 6. Five minutes into my trip to Wal-Mart I encounter a mom with 3 kids.
Just as I pass the canned tomatoes, the two year old throws up. Yeap, mom keeps shopping and I hear an employee offer to get her immediately checked out. The mom said, no thanks and kept shopping. This mom is one row behind me, as I rush to grab stuff and leave. The kid or maybe another kid throws up AGAIN. As I'm heading to the checkout, I see what appears to be a manager arguing with the mom.

I wasn't happy. I realize stores can ask customers to allow over 65 to shop special hours but can not refuse others entry.

Am I wrong to be upset with this mother who choose to put others at risk?

Oh my goodness! No, you are not wrong. Poor kids! when my DD vomited, she was very upset. She needed the comfort of her mommy and her home.

NY

Gov Cuomo:

I have no prob using the dormitories across our campuses - CUNY, SUNY

Speaking to Hotel Owners, too

I will turn this state upside down to get the number of beds I need

Calling all retired and professionals in the HC field - even if work in Insurance Co now, etc

^^ This is for Back-Up Staff

NY

Gov Cuomo:

The New Apex is as high as 141,000 hospital beds needed
and new # = 40,000 ICU beds needed

New Apex is approx 14 - 21 Days away

Spike in the increase > accelerates the apex ^^ > 14-21 days away now

Also heard him say they are looking at running two patients off one ventilator. Great if that works.

These are the states that have implemented stay-at-home orders:
California
Connecticut
Delaware
Hawaii
Illinois
Indiana
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maryland
Massachusetts
Michigan
Nevada
New Mexico
New Jersey
New York
Ohio
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
City of Atlanta

Let me know of others so I can add when I publish next.

Question if anyone knows how states are handling this.

Its my understanding that a resident can go to the store to get groceries for example. So if LE pulls someone over and they claim they are going to the grocery store but they really are just going to a friends or something, how is LE managing this to know otherwise?

NY

Gov Cuomo:

Army Corp of Engineers setting up emergency hospital

New Facts today, not encouraging:

Increase in # of cases continues unabated, matter of fact is

Rate of new infections is Doubling Every 3 Days

We are Not slowing it, And

It is accelerating on its own

Not freight train, it is Bullet Train

The curve is actually increasing - we have Not flattened the curve

Just my opinion. I know NY has a crazy high population. I'm to the point I think they need to stop all private passenger traffic in and out of the state. I know it's not workable or feasible but they account for roughly half the cases in the entire country. I'm not saying withhold help. I'm saying draw the line.

Another huge issue with my idea is Sloan Kettering. I know people are driving in for life saving treatment.

Help me with a better idea here. Jmo

Question if anyone knows how states are handling this.

Its my understanding that a resident can go to the store to get groceries for example. So if LE pulls someone over and they claim they are going to the grocery store but they really are just going to a friends or something, how is LE managing this to know otherwise?
That's a good question. I hadn't heard much on the enforcement end (and the police have so much more on their plates now, what with normal drama cranked up to 1000).

I wonder if others have stories from their towns?

Let's be realistic a couple of million......

Just my opinion here, but the more I look at the data, I really do believe we’re dealing with at least two different strains - which is leading to a lot of uncertainty about what to expect. Italy is currently running at over 8% mortality rate. If true and accurate, it would be several million deaths in US if that’s the strain we’re dealing with.

Two strains would confuse all the data - they may have separate R0’s, different ways of transmission, present differently, different incubation periods, etc....

It would be an absolute nightmare for tracking and projection models.

I think they’re trying to untangle a big mess to see just where we do stand.

I’d also love to see any information that specifically states they have identified antibodies. If no antibodies present, then all recovered may still have the virus, but virus goes into remission.
Too many unknowns, and being fought based on too many ASSUMPTIONS!!

I also have to wonder what threshold is being used to determine acceptable collateral damage. Unfortunately, I believe the reality is that a fairly high percentage of deaths would have to be imminent in order for World Governments to willingly tank the world economy.

I truly believe the US would willingly absorb a certain percentage deaths in order to keep our economy going. I have no idea what that percentage would be, but I would think it would have to be pretty high. China would be even more willing to sacrifice human life for the economy.

With these considerations in mind, it’s still my opinion that there’s more to the story than meets the eye.

Thoughts???

NY

Gov Cuomo:

Greatest critical need is for Ventilators

Experimental procedure - 1 Vent for 2x patients - Difficult, but

No other way to get Vents - tried everything else

Use the Fed Defense Production Act - U must produce this product
We need vents in 14 Days
Here is the start-up capital

NY

Gov Cuomo

Feds Stockpiles of Vents > Release the Vents to NY (Voice rising)

NY has 10x the cases of CA
2000 cases is one thing > we have 25,000 cases here

Deploy the resources here first
Then, to the other parts where they are needed

Just my opinion. I know NY has a crazy high population. I'm to the point I think they need to stop all private passenger traffic in and out of the state. I know it's not workable or feasible but they account for roughly half the cases in the entire country. I'm not saying withhold help. I'm saying draw the line.

Another huge issue with my idea is Sloan Kettering. I know people are driving in for life saving treatment.

Help me with a better idea here. Jmo
I have compassion for all New Yorkers but they are getting the majority of all testing, PPE, etc. while the rest of the country is doing without. So while Covid is boiling over there he wants dibs on everything first and then those in other states who aren't dead yet can have their turn.

I have compassion for all New Yorkers but they are getting the majority of all testing, PPE, etc. while the rest of the country is doing without. So while Covid is boiling over there he wants dibs on everything first and then those in other states who aren't dead yet can have their turn.

Respectfully, he just said that there are 25,000 Cases here versus much lower numbers elsewhere

You know, it occurred to me that I only see what we can't do. And we've had posters here indicate that they believe they are required to stay inside nonstop, without human contact. Which is miserable and destructive, too.

I would like to see a nice, friendly face remind each locations' residents of what they can do.

Like, "You can go outside for a nice long walk - you just need to be considerate of space." "You can have margaritas on the sidewalk with a friend, provided you maintain 6ft of space and get out of the way as passersby approach"

We are the epicenter, but yes...once the epicenter passes, will we just forget about everyone else? This has to be a continued, unified, NATIONAL effort.

Just my opinion here, but the more I look at the data, I really do believe we’re dealing with at least two different strains - which is leading to a lot of uncertainty about what to expect. Italy is currently running at over 8% mortality rate. If true and accurate, it would be several million deaths in US if that’s the strain we’re dealing with.

Two strains would confuse all the data - they may have separate R0’s, different ways of transmission, present differently, different incubation periods, etc....

It would be an absolute nightmare for tracking and projection models.

I think they’re trying to untangle a big mess to see just where we do stand.

I’d also love to see any information that specifically states they have identified antibodies. If no antibodies present, then all recovered may still have the virus, but virus goes into remission.
Too many unknowns, and being fought based on too many ASSUMPTIONS!!

I also have to wonder what threshold is being used to determine acceptable collateral damage. Unfortunately, I believe the reality is that a fairly high percentage of deaths would have to be imminent in order for World Governments to willingly tank the world economy.

I truly believe the US would willingly absorb a certain percentage deaths in order to keep our economy going. I have no idea what that percentage would be, but I would think it would have to be pretty high. China would be even more willing to sacrifice human life for the economy.

With these considerations in mind, it’s still my opinion that there’s more to the story than meets the eye.

Thoughts???

Great post and unfortunately, I have the same thoughts as you do.

(Snipped by me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader