Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If people have to sacrifice their lives for the good of the country, I am fine with starting with those who still go on cruises. Yea, Australia doesn't want to let this ship dock, because of the disaster they had with another ship, which they let dock and let people go as they please (without even checking for covid or flu like symptoms). A lot of those people were infected and spread it around.

I absolutely cannot comprehend why there are cruise lines that have continued to sail during this crisis. Thankfully, DH and I returned from our late January sailing the day that the President suspended all travel to and from China. The Sky Princess continued to sail for several weeks after our cruise until Princess finally shut down their entire operation. If they had acted earlier, the Ruby Princess would not be in this predicament. After this fiasco, our cruising days might be over.

Last edited:
IN CASE YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME....BECAUSE FRANKLY, IT IS UNBELIEVABLE....

MORE: Pres. Trump said he wanted the country "re-opened by Easter." Coronavirus government response updates: Trump wants country 'opened up' by Easter

ABC News on Twitter
He probably wants everyone healthy by then too but that doesn't mean it will happen IMO. There's a big difference in him saying he wants it and saying he will do it. Personally, I'm not going to overreact and panic over an optimistic statement.

IN CASE YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME....BECAUSE FRANKLY, IT IS UNBELIEVABLE....

MORE: Pres. Trump said he wanted the country "re-opened by Easter." Coronavirus government response updates: Trump wants country 'opened up' by Easter

ABC News on Twitter

I'm in complete disbelief that this is the message during a pandemic. He wants everything back to normal by April 12 even though most know that the local epidemic should be in full swing in 3 weeks.

Based on progression and projection of the virus, the local university has announced that all Spring/Summer courses will be online. That means the university will be closed until September.

I watched Dr. Fauci on Sunday night at 8 p.m., he was on for half an hour or so, alone, taking questions on Life, Liberty and Levin. He said positive the administration's actions to date have been impressive and that the President has always listened to the science behind the task force's recommendations.

Dr. Fauci calls coordinated response to COVID-19 'impressive'

Dr. Fauci reacts to claims Trump is not following the science on COVID-19

Hope he shows up soon. The media will hunt him down wether he speaks or not.

I'm pretty this will be a hot topic on tomorrows morning shows.

Where's Tony??????

Moo

ITALY

ItaPM: Fines for breaking virus containment measures are now increased to 400-3,000 euros. If everyone respects the rules, we make the entire nation safe and can exit the emergency phase.
Most citizens are complying and police @poliziadistato monitoring and maintaining order.
Dr Elisabetta on Twitter

Is this guy for real? I'm embarrassed for him.
I was embarrassed when he refused to issue a shelter-in-place order because "words matter." The health director of Oak Park, IL issued one before Governor Pritzker got around to it.

JMO

I seem to CLEARLY remember that Trump met with heads of cruise ships and they were to have a plan that would demand changes, including airlifting samples if needed to be done. Whatever happened to that? Bloviation without anything done afterwards?
<modsnip>

(CNN) — A cruise ship with 42 sick people aboard is heading to Florida and is expected to dock next week.
The people --13 guests and 29 crew members -- aboard Holland America's Zaandam are experiencing flu-like symptoms, a statement from the cruise line said.
Initially, the ship was granted permission to disembark in Punta Arenas, Chile, but it was later rescinded. No testing for coronavirus is available on the ship, according to the statement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe we’ll see a shortage of regular generic prescription meds are manufactured oversees.
Nooooo! I can’t afford name brand. I have 13 medications not counting otc. I may be able to go without some but not the ones that keep us from dying. My insurance company sent me a letter telling me they will not apply member cost sharing for testing and hospital/clinical procedures while this pandemic is occurring. I’m lucky I’m a State Retiree but what about those who aren’t?

Agreed. While reading about what percentage of deaths would be an acceptable (!!) sacrifice for the good of the economy, I wondered if that same sentiment would hold if it included a death in that inner circle. My guess is no.
And a lot of them are in high risk group (old age) starting with Trump himself.

I've really been thinking about the Defense Act and why the POWER has not been used.

Could it be most of the product we need is made overseas? Most of 3M and all of Honeywells N95 are made overseas.

Not sure the DA carriers a lot of weight when the product is not made or warehoused in the US, even if a US company.

Moo

He probably wants everyone healthy by then too but that doesn't mean it will happen IMO. There's a big difference in him saying he wants it and saying he will do it. Personally, I'm not going to overreact and panic over an optimistic statement.

I really wish he would say something like "I really hope everyone is well enough by Easter so that we can all be up and running and back to normal". That would be optimistic and calming. Some people take his words quite literally and plan to be out that door by then. I know some people think that if a leader is that blasé about it then it might not be so serious.

I just saw Bon Jovi keyboardist, David Bryan on the news and he's been taking the hydroxychloroquine and zpac combination. Is now on his 8th day of illness and said it's a really nasty flu, stayed in bed most of the time and is just now starting to feeling better.

Sorry if this was already posted here.

I really wish he would say something like "I really hope everyone is well enough by Easter so that we can all be up and running and back to normal". That would be optimistic and calming. Some people take his words quite literally and plan to be out that door by then. I know some people think that if a leader is that blasé about it then it might not be so serious.
Watch what they do, not what they say....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13