Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a loved one in an assisted living center and sent up a schedule for different relatives to call or FaceTime with her.
My brother sent her a crossword puzzle book and a jigsaw puzzle.
She told us she would open her window and talk to the lady in the apartment next to her!

LOL< yes, my mom goes to her balcony and talks to the lady next door on her balcony. They feed the birds together in the mornings now. I think that has been a life saver for them both.

We gave Mom an iPhone last year for face timing and to send pictures. But she lost it somewhere in her apartment and it has no charge, so we can't find it. I was just there and spent 10 days looking. :(

The puzzles are a good idea. I am going to send her a package this week and maybe I will send her the art supplies I was going to send to my grand daughter. lol

Is it possible that you can receive higher "doses" of the virus? for example lets say a few spores land on you, it may be that your immune system can deal with a small of exposure and give you no or very little symptoms where as if you receive a large amount of exposure to the virus, for example a nurse working around infected people all day long, could this be harder to fight off? i have no idea how this works but its just a thought that i had.
I read something like that about the doctors/nurses/emts, having very serious cases of the virus.

It has been said that some of them were exposed so many times and with various strains of the virus, that it makes it much harder for their immune systems to fight.

I agree completely.

It's just a hype to combine the "hope" of defeating this infectious disease with the story of the resurrection.

In fact, it's just exactly what a game show host or a television evangelist would come up with - using a religious event and symbology to "sell" an unreasonable and fatuous premise to the masses.

Instead of using science, and expertise, and moderation
Really? I think it has been pretty transparent that he has been dilligently working with a great panel of experts on this epidemic.

LOL< yes, my mom goes to her balcony and talks to the lady next door on her balcony. They feed the birds together in the mornings now. I think that has been a life saver for them both.

We gave Mom an iPhone last year for face timing and to send pictures. But she lost it somewhere in her apartment and it has no charge, so we can't find it. I was just there and spent 10 days looking. :(

The puzzles are a good idea. I am going to send her a package this week and maybe I will send her the art supplies I was going to send to my grand daughter. lol
I found mine way down in a spot between my couch cushions - like way down in between an opening that shouldn’t have been there

"We are not willing to sacrifice 1-2% of New Yorkers.
That’s not who we are.

We will fight to save every life we can.
I am not giving up."

"My mother is not expendable. Your mother is not expendable.

We will not put a dollar figure on human life.
We can have a public health strategy that is consistent with an economic one.
No one should be talking about social darwinism for the sake of the stock market."

Andrew Cuomo on Twitter
Oh NOOOOO....:eek:......now this makes my blood pressure spike.....I am going to cut back on the use of mine right now, saving it in case I really need it....:confused:

But we're all Americans, right? If now is not the time for the federal government to do its job and protect its citizenry, then when? You can rub our noses in it later, or even now. And I'm pretty sure your states will have their own issues as we move forward. But let's not allow paramedics to die. Not in any state. Certainly not in poorer states.

I remember Hurricane Katrina. Just looking through Time magazine was enough, even though I was never there myself. It's seared in my brain and makes me tear up to this day. Louisiana will always hold a place in my heart. Planning was a problem then, too. It will be a problem in other states as climate change continues. But I will never begrudge the assistance that was given.

I think part of my problem (I'm replying to your shared thoughts with others) is I get the feeling people expect the federal government to snap their fingers and produce billions of PPEs, hundreds of thousands of ventilators, etc. It takes time to produce these things. Jmo

I read something like that about the doctors/nurses/emts, having very serious cases of the virus.

It has been said that some of them were exposed so many times and with various strains of the virus, that it makes it much harder for their immune systems to fight.

Yes this is referred to as “high viral load”, and what may have happened with Dr. LW.

“China has exonerated a doctor who was officially reprimanded for warning about the coronavirus outbreak and later died of the disease, a startling admission of error by the ruling Communist Party that generally bodes no challenges to its authority.”

China exonerates doctor reprimanded for warning of virus

Last edited:
Is it possible that you can receive higher "doses" of the virus? for example lets say a few spores land on you, it may be that your immune system can deal with a small of exposure and give you no or very little symptoms where as if you receive a large amount of exposure to the virus, for example a nurse working around infected people all day long with poor protection could this be harder to fight off? i have no idea how this works but its just a thought that i had.
JMO.
Yes, I believe so.

I think part of my problem (I'm replying to your shared thoughts with others) is I get the feeling people expect the federal government to snap their fingers and produce billions of PPEs, hundreds of thousands of ventilators, etc. It takes time to produce these things. Jmo
It does. But as always, an earlier start and consistent information (in this case, about the DPA and whether it has or has not been invoked) helps to get those billions going.

But we're all Americans, right? If now is not the time for the federal government to do its job and protect its citizenry, then when? You can rub our noses in it later, or even now. And I'm pretty sure your states will have their own issues as we move forward. But let's not allow paramedics to die. Not in any state. Certainly not in poorer states.

I remember Hurricane Katrina. Just looking through Time magazine was enough, even though I was never there myself. It's seared in my brain and makes me tear up to this day. Louisiana will always hold a place in my heart. Planning was a problem then, too. It will be a problem in other states as climate change continues. But I will never begrudge the assistance that was given.
But the federal government is not sitting upon 3 million ventilators in a secret storage room. They do not have enough for everyone.

They are sending some out to each state that needs them. But NYC wants all of them right now. It would be irresponsible to send them all to NYC when other states are going to need them soon as well. JMO

But the federal government is not sitting upon 3 million ventilators in a secret storage room. They do not have enough for everyone.

They are sending some out to each state that needs them. But NYC wants all of them right now. It would be irresponsible to send them all to NYC when other states are going to need them soon as well. JMO
No, I agree. We need to be producing them. For everyone. The time to start was a few yesterdays ago. It is true that companies are doing it, but they cannot match scale needed without some help. By using the DPA, we can make it less risky for them and reduce price competition. Single purchaser. It also helps to distribute the things fairly, so NY does not get more to the detriment of others.

Hmm... is it a certain brand? We have Emergen C in all the stores around here. My husband got some yesterday.
I'm not sure about tablets, I got the fizzy powder that you pour in water.
Moo
I tried to get Emergencee on my last shopping trip 2 weeks ago. All out in both stores.

But I have ordered it from CVS and from Target, is I'll see if it ends up in my delivery this Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader