Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA no one is prepared. The states or the feds.
I agree. I kinda feel like I'm in a mushroom, in the dark and being covered with horse manure.
We all know where this is heading! Not exactly where or how it will end, but it wont be anytime soon.
If what Trump says is what people need to hear- ok then!
I can't imagine what they will feel like when they realize things aren't what they thought.
I am guessing it'll be like finding out there is no Santa, then realizing that the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy don't exsist either.
I remember that day well!
My cousin flat out told me, I was destroyed for days!
No internet or special effects back then, I knew he was telling me the truth!
Praying for anyone who thinks there is an expiration date to this virus anytime soon!
My dad (83) and my mother in law
(86) also live at home alone. They have no way to Facetime us or anyone else, but they are in their own home, not exposed to anyone else.
The appointments my mother in law had were all canceled, so all we can do is call them.
We might go and visit through the storm door for a little while this weekend since Georgia isnt on lockdown yet.
Then again I worry! What IF we had an accident? I don't want to be anywhere near a hospital! Not IN one no way!!!
Ooooo-saw everyone!
Moo

Sitting on my hands, bite my tongue. I’m a liberal from the Trémè projects in NOLA. I trust no one but what I see and feel.
And I apologize to you if I have offended you by speaking about your home. If I have done that, then I am truly sorry.
ETA - and I apologize for making it sound as if the response was in any way timely or adequate. It was not.

Last edited:
I tried to get Emergencee on my last shopping trip 2 weeks ago. All out in both stores.

But I have ordered it from CVS and from Target, is I'll see if it ends up in my delivery this Saturday.
If not let me know, I'd be happy to send you some by mail.
I can't eat much of anything that contains Vit C, I have a history of stomach ulcers and I get that "rock gut" feeling from drinking Oj or grapefruit juice < which interferes with many medications.
Can't drink coffee either, but I don't have a problem with Emergen C.

My parents are in their 80s and are isolated on their farm. They haven't had any visitors for 3 weeks now. I've prepared them that they need to be prepared for 12 to 18 months, until a vaccine appears. They both have underlying conditions and I've told them that I have no expectations they can survive if they get it. That was after spending 2 months trying to get them to take it serious....yeah, they believed the hoax comment. I understand completely.

I am glad they have each other and their land to take care of. Thank Goodness.
❤️

If my father was still alive, I think my mother would be taking this so much better. I know she would have been focused on caring for him, and would do what it takes.

I think the people that are quarantined all by themselves have a very difficult time with it. JMO

It's difficult for our elderly folks. My 83 yr. old Mother In Law said last week she thought this would all be over in a couple weeks. I just said I think we are in for a bit of a haul. We are the only ones going over. My husband gets her groceries and she knows to have a list ongoing as we all are stocked up and don't need to go as often as we normally would. We call her when we are out walking and go to her back deck and stand and chat for a bit. We are all doing the best we can.

The following was posted on Facebook, for those of you interested in reading a long account of CV19, complete with the temporary recovery and the eventual hospitalization.

For me, it was a good read due to the fact that the author gives his thinking about when to go to the hospital. I've stuck it up on a (non-monetized!) blog form, because it is long. But it's the best thing I've found about what it's like to get this virus, with plenty of clues about what to watch for.

WordPress.com

Someone posted this on Nextdoor this morning and my husband and I both read it. Very interesting. We really, really don't want to get this virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader