Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"~1% of Italians infected; but in all likelihood, a far lower proportion of the world's population has ben infected to date by #COVID19 . The outbreak in Italy started fairly soon after the initial outbreak in Wuhan."

Francois Balloux on Twitter

My interpretation....this is far from over....
And this is why we can't stop self isolating until there's a vaccine or good treatments. This could get indescribably worse.

Last edited:
The headline in that article is highly misleading. The man took chemicals used for cleaning aquariums, not prescription drugs.

The president never 'touted' the use of chemicals used for cleaning aquariums as medicine.

People need to use some common sense, FGS.

"chloroquine phosphate, an additive used to clean fish tanks"

Thank you. That is EXACTLY my point. The same chemical he named is found in and is the same active ingredient as aquarium cleaner. These people saw his words and they listened. They were scared and listened to someone they implicitly trusted. If they had gone to an actual doctor and received a prescription this wouldn't have happened.

Thank you. That is EXACTLY my point. The same chemical he named is found in and is the same active ingredient as aquarium cleaner. These people saw his words and they listened. They were scared and listened to someone they implicitly trusted. If they had gone to an actual doctor and received a prescription this wouldn't have happened.

Yes: They directly linked the Chloroquine phosphate poisoning to listening to Trump endorse it

"NBC News spoke to the wife, who said they learned of chloroquine's connection to coronavirus during a President Donald Trump news conference, which "was on a lot actually." They took it because they "were afraid of getting sick," she said.
"I had (the substance) in the house because I used to have koi fish," she told the network. "I saw it sitting on the back shelf and thought, 'Hey, isn't that the stuff they're talking about on TV?'"

I wonder what the percentage of Websleuthers fall within the category of expendable when it comes to triage. With the exception of an underactive thyroid, I'm pretty healthy but I'm over 65.

Based upon available information to date, those at high-risk for severe illness from COVID-19 include:
  • People aged 65 years and older
  • People who live in a nursing home or long-term care facility
  • Other high-risk conditions could include:
    • People with chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
    • People who have serious heart conditions
    • People who are immunocompromised including cancer treatment
    • People of any age with severe obesity (body mass index [BMI] >40) or certain underlying medical conditions, particularly if not well controlled, such as those with diabetes, renal failure, or liver disease might also be at risk
  • People who are pregnant should be monitored since they are known to be at risk with severe viral illness, however, to date data on COVID-19 has not shown increased risk
Many conditions can cause a person to be immunocompromised, including cancer treatment, bone marrow or organ transplantation, immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, and prolonged use of corticosteroids and other immune weakening medications.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members