Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can dead people transmit coronavirus? Is it safe to attend their funeral?

Dubai forensic expert says like all surfaces, body of a deceased can spread the virus

Can dead people transmit coronavirus? Is it safe to attend their funeral?

This link provides information about this. I don’t want to post anymore of the link information here as we are all depressed enough with the situation.

Considering the fact we are limited to no more than 10 people at funerals and viewings right now (Indiana) I hope we're in some safe range. Jmo

Last edited:
It's my husband.

I've preached and told and given stats. etc etc . I'm too tired to go on. You guys get it.

I've never been called that word by him.

He's a good person.

Times are strange.

I think it will be better. We both had a hard day today.

Shoot! I guess you can’t tell him to stay out of your family’s business!

It sounds like he feels out of control and probably scared. It is a hard time for everyone. Hopefully he won’t do that again! Take care of yourself, friend.

If this is a major concern then the damned FL beaches should have been shut down. I’m pretty sure the feds could have at least attempted to cajole the governor into doing that. But nobody cared more about our lives than the tourist income. Nobody. Did. Anything. And now they’ve brought it back all over the country, including my state. So we can hunt down New Yorkers in this country to send them home but we couldn’t send a bunch of drunk kids home from the beach?

I’m just sick of the nonsense.
Is Trump going to stop all those people from NY who just flew to Palm Beach from coming back to NYC in about a month when it starts to warm up down there?

Wait a minute. Haven't a lot of opinions here said that we should be acting more like China and So Korea in order to slow the surge and flatten the curve?

How do we do that if infected patients insist upon moving around the country and spreading the virus?
That is the Million dollar question !!!
We can't keep the infected home based per law, yet these idiots continue to move around and spread the virus.
What is the solution????
I have my own thoughts about that but probably are not within our constitutional rights.
It is all about common sense and the respect of others and our country to not spread it.
Unfortunately, we have idiots out there that think this does NOT pertain to them.
You can't fix stupid.

MEXICO

Cases starting to rise in #Mexico
Again, they have 2050 ventilators for a population of 128 million. (via @nytimes)
Placido Domingo hospitalized in Acapulco Mexico #COVIDー19mx
COVID19 on Twitter

Plácido Domingo has been hospitalized for COVID-19 in Acapulco, Mexico.

The singer’s spokesperson released a message stating, “His condition is stable and he will remain in the hospital as long as the doctors find it necessary until a hoped-for full recovery.
Plácido Domingo Hospitalized for COVID-19 - Opera Wire

One problem with MX is that the ventilators will go to the rich (males) who require them.

I bet Chiapas never sees a single one.

Back Off? Please clarify....isn't he supposed to be concerned about one of the surging hotspots in the country?
He seemed more concerned about New Yorkers going to FL than the the actual hotspot imo it would be nice for unity at this time, less ego, less drama, I want to see and feel real support and leadership from all of our elected offices. This is a frightening time, none of us have experienced anything like this before. Shameful behavior all around.
We have first responders drs nurses dying trying to save lives that should be our first concern getting their needs met not the freaking economy that should be secondary.

MEXICO

Cases starting to rise in #Mexico
Again, they have 2050 ventilators for a population of 128 million. (via @nytimes)
Placido Domingo hospitalized in Acapulco Mexico #COVIDー19mx
COVID19 on Twitter

Plácido Domingo has been hospitalized for COVID-19 in Acapulco, Mexico.

The singer’s spokesperson released a message stating, “His condition is stable and he will remain in the hospital as long as the doctors find it necessary until a hoped-for full recovery.
Plácido Domingo Hospitalized for COVID-19 - Opera Wire
Oh, no! I love him! If you ever get a chance to hear him and Glenn Close singing Christmas music - it’s hard to find the cd - “Repeat the Sounding Joy”, it’s incredible!

We can't keep the infected home based per law, yet these idiots continue to move around and spread the virus.
What is the solution????
I have my own thoughts about that but probably are not within our constitutional rights.
It is all about common sense and the respect of others and our country to not spread it.
Unfortunately, we have idiots out there that think this does NOT pertain to them.
You can't fix stupid.

I think there are plenty of constitutionally allowed rules and laws to be made. Many states are deeply into that area already.

We could keep the infected home if we had testing, IMO.

States, counties and cities are already posing barriers - just based on weak things like geography. Testing is what works. It works everywhere. It is expensive to quarantine/force self-quarantine, but it can be done.

Freedom of the press has been so weakened, though...the checks and balances are not currently up to what is required of them.

What is the solution????
You can't fix stupid.

I think the solution is to not panic, and to exercise caution over your own life, and to demand increased access to PPE for everyone - front lines first, then civilians. You may not be able to fix stupid, but I have learned that you can anticipate it. Even see it coming, for the most part.

Do you really believe that the infection rate in other states is directly related to NYC?
Well, for what's it worth, I live in a rural county of South Carolina and it's been reported locally that our first confirmed case of the virus was found in someone who recently returned from a trip to New York City. That's just our county though. Seems like it all started in SC with people returning from European travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB