Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarcasm on.....Nah, what the heck good would a lockdown do? I mean, why would you want to prevent travel from the most infected spots to those regions that are less affected?......Sarcasm off.

Sorry, I just get tired of the politicization, be it what it is. All political leaders, world wide, are in uncharted waters. None have faced this type of thing before.

peace :)
My opinion:
In a briefing I saw last week, the governor of NY spoke about the futility of a lock down/shelter in place order on a state-by-state basis. The reason is that people would simply go elsewhere, to more "open" states, thereby making the situation worse for the state they are fleeing to.

I guess his attitude could have been "not my problem" if that happens, but instead, I got the impression that he did not want to perpetuate a further (and wide ranging) spread of the virus.

If there's a lot of New Yorkers showing up in states like Florida now, imagine how many would have left New York if a lock down was put into effect. JMO

Ok, let’s see if all states and all citizens will be treated fairly and equally from this point on, then, shall we?

All of our lives matter.
OT - love you and your namesake, @JaneEyre. You inspired me to cut masks (cannot sew on a machine. Just don't get bobbins at all), and I'll be starting a shift next week.

COVID TRACKING PROJECT

"Our daily update is published. We’ve tracked a total of 735,704 tests, up 109,071 from yesterday.
Note that we can only track tests that a state reports (for now). And not all states report all negative tests".
For details, see: The COVID Tracking Project
The COVID Tracking Project on Twitter

"*Growth* in new completed tests has leveled off a bit after big mid-week jumps." The COVID Tracking Project on Twitter

"In absolute terms, the U.S. has done a lot of testing, but on a per-capita basis, we're pretty far behind some other nations. As importantly, it varies wildly between the states, as this chart by one of data users shows." The COVID Tracking Project on Twitter

Attachments

• IMG_20200328_230246.jpg
    IMG_20200328_230246.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20200328_230354.png
    IMG_20200328_230354.png
    75.8 KB · Views: 4
I don't pretend to understand all this, but what would be the point of quarantining NY, NJ, and Conn? It is already in every state. How would it get enforced? Would it mean trucks (food)? Many of these people, even under quarantine, still go to work under exemptions. It's all very confusing. You have homeless too, prisoners let out of prison. It is all one big mess. I don't blame any one. It is just a nasty situation.

BBM. self-quarantine has no exceptions. That is the problem. It's still spreading because asymptomatic people are ignoring requests for self-isolation, social separation and sheltering in place and they are still getting on planes and trains. Essential travel and the supply chain haven't been affected by the closure of the Canadian border.

JMO

OT - love you and your namesake, @JaneEyre. You inspired me to cut masks (cannot sew on a machine. Just don't get bobbins at all), and I'll be starting a shift next week.
Lovely! I got 18 cut today and maybe 5 sewn. A friend of mine with two sewing machines and a bunch of kids gets an assembly line going and cranks out 27 a day. I cannot go at that speed. But whatever I get done is better than nothing! Thank you for doing what you can!

Anybody else here experiencing wacked out daily routines?
I'm not waking up until 10ish. I'm not eating breakfast until noon. Lunch at 4ish.
Awake until 1 or 2 am.
I'm trying to just let my body dictate. But, I feel like a hibernating bear.
This is SO not my normal day.
Anyone else?

Gov Cuomo needs to up his meds. He’s loud begging for vents, supplies, beds, healthcare workers, etc. I get that his state is an epicenter. He was all the federal assistance but doesn’t want the feds to shut his state down. I say shut it down.
I don't see the legal basis for the federal government to "shut a state down"

Gov Cuomo needs to up his meds. He’s loud begging for vents, supplies, beds, healthcare workers, etc. I get that his state is an epicenter. He was all the federal assistance but doesn’t want the feds to shut his state down. I say shut it down.

You can’t shut us down. This is the busiest travel area in the entire country. You would cripple travel between Boston and DC. It would be a nightmare.

Looking forward to a continued lockdown for the next 3 weeks. Does that mean I won’t be able to cram into my church on Easter?

Anybody else here experiencing wacked out daily routines?
I'm not waking up until 10ish. I'm not eating breakfast until noon. Lunch at 4ish.
Awake until 1 or 2 am.
I'm trying to just let my body dictate. But, I feel like a hibernating bear.
This is SO not my normal day.
Anyone else?
The chickens keep me on the regular schedule. You do not want to piss them off by not opening the coop at sunrise!

Is anyone dealing with child visitation issues?
My grandchildren's father gets them every other Sunday afternoon. He is still working in the restaurant business.
The kids have been staying with my other daughter (not their mother-she is their aunt) and her husband and 2 children in isolation at the home.
So, now the father wants to see them again tomorrow but we are all worried about all the cross contamination. He is working every day, in the public. The kids mother asked if he would wait until all this blows over and he can have them a week but he says no.
We're just trying to look out for the kids and safety of all-plus follow the law! help jeez

Well, all states are getting some assistance, I think. So let's let them shut every state down...to protect every state, plus Mexico and Canada and any other country who's just getting started with this. We'll love that, I'm sure (not). JMO.

Why China ? Why not Canada or the UK ?..... Why not our own states ?..........:confused:......moo

Canada sent tons of supplies to China too. China desperately needed help when we weren't in need, so I don't begrudge the donation.

In turn, with their own needs under control, China sent tons of supplies plus medical teams to Italy this week.

Hoarding supplies, or resorting to bidding wars to acquire needed equipmemt seem morally wrong to me, but helping when it's possible to do so makes the world a better place. I wouldn't be surprised that China has already returned the favour to Canada and the US.

Shoot! I guess you can’t tell him to stay out of your family’s business!

It sounds like he feels out of control and probably scared. It is a hard time for everyone. Hopefully he won’t do that again! Take care of yourself, friend.

Yes - cut some slack. Many people who are so good at responsibility and dedication are now completely set adrift. Not a good feeling for them.

It's really hard, also, to have to tell your family that income has dropped by 20 or 50% Or more. Yet, to stay safe, that may have to be the option. I feel like we need support for this - and 20 years ago, when the economy went south, there were free seminars and local advisors (including psychotherapists) who came out to help.

Now everyone is afraid, because it's a virus. We were warned. Yet, most of us felt we could survive the narrow margins on which we live. My DH (late 50's) gave a terrible yet heartfelt speech about how he's ready to sacrifice if need be, has lived a good life, etc. And several doctor friends came out of retirement (aged 70 or over) to sacrifice.

It's really hard. People really do feel out of control and need ample time to adjust. And control means such different things to different people. I'm losing sleep because I didn't arrange a codicil to our family trust sooner (lots of time, just never thought THIS would happen). I was predicted to live longer!

You can’t shut us down. This is the busiest travel area in the entire country. You would cripple travel between Boston and DC. It would be a nightmare.

Looking forward to a continued lockdown for the next 3 weeks. Does that mean I won’t be able to cram into my church on Easter?
Are yall under the Mandatory Car Pool Laws yet( yall gotta have at least 4 in a car and sit 4 feet apart with your masks on) ?......moo

We need a Corona Virus Political forum here on Websleuths.
It's nearly impossible to discuss what's going on without that huge elephant in the room.
JerseyGirl. Please contact Tricia, or Sillybilly, to see if they'll create a thread.
Really. Pretty please.

I'm fed up with it myself.

I thought politics wasn't allowed on these threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB