Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I waited all day for the IHME modellers site that the US government used in their presser earlier this week. It was last updated on April 1, and was supposed to be updated on April 4th (Saturday). It's now changed it's header, and wasn't updated... it's after midnight and now says "As the pandemic progresses, we are working to incorporate new data about the virus in the US."

IHME | COVID-19 Projections

ETA: This is the screenshot from the presser that was livestreamed of the graph on Wednesday this week. Oh, and note it did originally and still does state "COVID-19 projections assuming full social distancing through May 2020"

FullMitigationdeathgraph331.JPG

Last edited:
Coronavirus fears preceded Illinois couple's murder-suicide, sheriff says

Coronavirus fears preceded Illinois couple's murder-suicide, sheriff says

Jesernik was scared that he and Schriefer had both contracted COVID-19, the sheriff’s office said. Schriefer had a test done earlier in the week after reportedly having a hard time breathing -- but the family said they were not aware that she ever got the result.

The autopsies also found that neither of them had COVID-19

So Mr Squinchy went to the store today. Last time for awhile. They controlled the people going in the store. One person came out, one went in. He said it wasn't bad. The store had a bottle of sanitizer for the cart. He used his Clorox wipe to pick up the spray bottle. He wore a scarf around his mouth and nose. Most people had masks or coverings on. Got everything we needed except they were out Toilet Paper! I tried ordering it from Walmart tonight and nothing. We have 6 rolls left so we might just eat a lot of cheese :)

So Mr Squinchy went to the store today. Last time for awhile. They controlled the people going in the store. One person came out, one went in. He said it wasn't bad. The store had a bottle of sanitizer for the cart. He used his Clorox wipe to pick up the spray bottle. He wore a scarf around his mouth and nose. Most people had masks or coverings on. Got everything we needed except they were out Toilet Paper! I tried ordering it from Walmart tonight and nothing. We have 6 rolls left so we might just eat a lot of cheese :)
Made me laugh! Cheese would certainly do that for me....then, you'd need other "supplies."

we're not even allowed to go hold a sign up to his window from the parking lot - we had asked if a nurse would mind wheeling him to the window to see us - but it's not allowed 'for insurance reasons'

we are allowed to phone him but he can't hear very well (his hearing aids are at home) and we can't hear him very well because he has lost most of his voice and his throat hurts and he can hardly breathe - we still call him and talk really loud so that he can at least hear our voices - we take shifts and there's a lot of us so he gets 2/3 phonecalls a day

he told me the other day that he just wants to go home and asked me if I could get a message to someone for him but I couldn't understand what the message was or hear who he wanted me to give it to

it's just devastating to know that I will never see my Dad again and my Mom can't even say goodbye in person to her husband of 60 years
Oh my goodness. This is heartbreaking beyond words, I’m so very sorry. I don’t even know what to say, it’s so breathtakingly sad. From Texas with love.

Yes. I agree with you.
Floridians and their leaders, have been in denial.
I hope that I am wrong.
I do project at this point, horrible numbers of deaths in Florida.
I hope I am wrong.

@dixiegirl1035 I looked at this earlier, and posted the same link on the Florida page. I think that the model for Florida is flawed. The population is going to get much sicker, much faster than the model.

IHME | COVID-19 Projections

INMO.

I think most of had that aha moment about the little arrow trick. :D It really saves a lot of confusion when you need to figure out what in the world people are talking about!
Yes, ha! It’s so helpful. It really comes in handy with a large, fast moving thread such as this one.

Then to get back to where you were originally, just hit the back arrow button on the top left of your screen.

I thought I was reading an episode of Mr. Bean.

I hadn't left my abode for 2 weeks-today I took a little drive around my area and discovered that the Walmart was 75% bizzy and the Target was 88% parking-lot full. The other noticeable thing was that the most people staying home were the homeless. And now 'they' want to put them in hotels. I don't quite get that, because 'they' had mentioned doing that before this crisis and it never happened. The 'they' is the City officials.

Coronavirus: How and when might the COVID-19 lockdown end?

The measures are due to be reviewed for the first time next week. But Cabinet Office minister Michael Gove said on Saturday there is "no fixed point, no specific date in the calendar at which we can say things will change".

Dr Jenny Harries, deputy chief medical officer, said last week that lockdown measures would need "three weeks for review" and "two or three months to see if we've really squashed it. Three to six months, ideally."

However she added that there was "lots of uncertainty".

She said: "This is not to say we would be in complete lockdown for six months, but as a nation we have to be really, really responsible and keep doing what we're all doing until we're sure we can gradually start lifting various interventions which are likely to be spaced - based on the science and our data - until we gradually come back to a normal way of living."

Coronavirus: Marianne Faithfull 'stable in hospital' after COVID-19 diagnosis

Marianne Faithfull is being treated for COVID-19 in hospital, her agent has said.

Francois Ravard said the singer songwriter, 73, is in a stable condition and is "responding to treatment" in a London hospital.

Mr Ravard said: "She is stable and responding to treatment, we all wish her well and a full and speedy recovery."

Coronavirus: Marianne Faithfull 'stable in hospital' after COVID-19 diagnosis

Marianne Faithfull is being treated for COVID-19 in hospital, her agent has said.

Francois Ravard said the singer songwriter, 73, is in a stable condition and is "responding to treatment" in a London hospital.

Mr Ravard said: "She is stable and responding to treatment, we all wish her well and a full and speedy recovery."
I'm glad to hear that her condition appears to be stabilizing. We are losing too many of our gifted elders.

OMG the version of “Imagine” by Mayo Clinique resident surgeon Elvis Francois and his coworker William Robinson on the piano. Find them on FB - it will leave you breathless.

Our school system released a video production, yesterday. It starts with all elementary school, photo of events, daily activities and messages from teachers, singing and dancing. The middle school starts with scenes of social distancing, photos of events, teachers hand made sign messages of hope and inspiration. The high school teachers sing of virtual prom and graduation, again tons of photos, plays, band, sports.

The video ends with teachers singing many rewritten verses to "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands". My tears turned into sobs as these devoted teachers give hope to our students. It ends with one of our most favorite teachers, he's grown a beard, playing his guitar singing the original words of the song.

My heart just breaks for all the kids, parents, medical professionals, teachers, food workers, EVERYONE, all of us !!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member