Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it refreshing that he admits that he was cocky, and isn't afraid to blame himself. Wish I saw more of that in the world today. IMO
From your link:

"I got close. I got to 60 (hours). And I have to be honest, I got a little cocky," Cuomo said. "I started thinking about: 'Oh great, I can't wait. I want to get retested and then I'm gonna do this, and then I'm gonna do that.'

He knows this virus can kill people. I don't find it refreshing that he risked other's lives.

With extreme angry sarcasm.
Releasing criminals into communities is a Fabulous idea, during a pandemic.
As all of us here on this site, study crimes.
Think about this.
Criminals, being released into our communities.
What a great idea to help us sleep better at night.
Take a hard look at your "leaders". There is not one damn thing good about releasing criminals into our communities.
Not one good thing.
I live in California.
The absolute minute I can move out of this dangerous, screwed up State, I am out of here.
Furious.

Our county sheriff commented there were serious meetings before anyone got released from our jail. Of course, there were some angry, grumbling criminals who get to stay behind bars. As the sheriff explained to them, "it's really your fault you're here, tough.".

Just curious as to why you need the condo checked on.
Do you know any neighbors who can call you if say electric goes out?

We have owned this condo now for 12 years - it is just a good idea to have someone go thru the condo regularly to make sure there is nothing serious in the condo that could be a problem. For example, one year a golf ball came through our bedroom window (we are on a golf course)---- another year there was a roof leak- these are the kind of things that we need to know when we are not there for 8 months. When we are in Florida we have someone check on our home in
Michigan from time to time for the same reason.

It is a common practice in FL. A home watch person typically runs the dishwasher (seals dry out), flushes toilet, puts water in drains so trap doesn't evaporate (stinks to high heaven if it does). Makes sure the HVAC is functioning (FL humidity can lead to significant mold damage). They do other odds and ends, depending on the home.
Yes. Our neighbors winter in Florida and we check their house here in NY. When they are here a FL. neighbor checks their house.

It is a common practice in FL. A home watch person typically runs the dishwasher (seals dry out), flushes toilet, puts water in drains so trap doesn't evaporate (stinks to high heaven if it does). Makes sure the HVAC is functioning (FL humidity can lead to significant mold damage). They do other odds and ends, depending on the home.

exactly!!!

Sometimes, sadly...those that are in the public eye, feel that they belong to a certain club. The " Rules for thee, but not for me" club. Such as Cuomo, and Lori Lightfoot who was able to get to her beautician somehow because " I am in the public eye".

Criminals are being released in the USA because of the virus, like Iran? Wow. Murders and rapists get a free pass? What if they are asymptomatic?

What's the deal?
Jailers might be sick, criminals have the right to healthy jailers?

Thank goodness USA borders are closed to prevent violent offenders from entering other countries.

In CA the release was for non violent offenders with less than 30 days left on their sentences.

California releases more jail inmates amid coronavirus crisis
Sheriff Alex Villanueva said earlier this week that he was speeding up the release of inmates with less than 30 days of jail time left to serve, and citing, instead of arresting, people whose alleged offenses carry a bail of less than $50,000. That doesn’t include people suspected of domestic violence.

The Sheriff’s Department is now also looking at potentially releasing pregnant women and older adults at a higher risk for contracting the virus, Wolak said.

Lacey said Thursday that her office would consider, case by case, reducing the bail of 2,000 pretrial inmates the Sheriff’s Department has identified as nonviolent offenders. She expected to receive a list on Friday, she said.

Lacey said her office would also review cases coming up for trial in the next 30 days to identify defendants who could be released on their own recognizance. A judge would have to approve any bail modifications.

“We’re looking for cases where no one was hurt, there was nobody threatened to be hurt, they don’t have anything in their prior record that indicates they’re capable of violence,” she said.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I was afraid of - I can't produce meat (never hunted and wouldn't know how) - I can make all kinds of stuff - thankfully we don't eat that much but still... scary times ahead IMO.

Darn it, I just got
In case no one has posted..... The site to update banking information for stimulus payment is up!!!

I tried it but if course, it did not work for me but may for others.

Get My Payment | Internal Revenue Service

It didn't work for me either.

Interesting all of the major banks I bank with for work and personal are having computer issues and difficulty logging on and/or down completely - must be people accessing for stimulus checks and the
SBA loans?

Ohio woman with coronavirus, who is sedated on a ventilator, unknowingly gives birth
A 27-year-old Ohio woman who is fighting for her life after testing positive for COVID-19 is a new mom — but she doesn’t know it yet.

Megan Sites, 27, a nurse at a local hospital, first noticed symptoms of the novel coronavirus — which in her experience began with a fever, aches and pains, and “what felt like a sinus infection or cold,” local news station WDTN reported — in late March. But within 24 hours, her symptoms progressed. She has now been in the hospital for more than two weeks.

Last week, Sites gave birth at 29 weeks. She underwent an emergency C-section in a bid to protect both mother and child.

“Her lungs were pretty much failing and at the same time they had to get the baby out in order to save her and the baby,” her sister-in-law, Kacie Jefferies, told WHIO-TV.

The baby, a boy, has tested negative for COVID-19. He is currently in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) at the hospital where the pair are being treated. He has not yet been given a name.

Video at this link. Beautiful young lady. Celina woman battling COVID-19 is sedated, unaware she gave birth last week

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member