Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! He agrees that ACE inhibitors are not good. That is why it took me 2 times to understand, and now I am going through again to take notes to drill into my mind as It is EXTREMELY confusing. Once you asked me, I'm rewinding and rewinding to try to get out of my head to you as I'm not good at ALL in communicating.

Try this.

View this chart from the video at about 7:30 into explaining. The RIGHT side of the cascade is shut down due to the virus landing on and filling the normal cascade of the ACE2 enzyme..they can no longer help which is the normal path for balance with an option for pulmonary arteries to vasodialate and have anti-fibrotic tendencies. These ACE2 are only on the "type 2 aveolar cells". Ok.. with me so far?

View attachment 243880

OK... so EVERYTHING as an option shifts left as to the only option for vasodilation on the LEFT SIDE of his picture, as the top option for vasodilation on the right is gone due to the virus filling ACE2 receptors.

At 8:03 As this shows, if someone has Ace inhibitors, that SHUTS DOWN ON THE LEFT SIDE ALAO even that option to go further with the Angiotensin I to Angiotension II. STOP. No more option to go further to even get to the options in the next step with Angiotensin II to go in the alternate paths of vasoconstriction/inflammation/fibrosis vs. vasodilator/anti-inflammatory/antifibrosis. The normal cascade options are all fouled up with NO options with an ACE inhibitor.

Having more angiotension II in the lungs vs. angiotension 1-7 causes a crazy reaction in the lungs.

I would go on.... but perhaps review and get to that point, and repost if you want me to go on? I know few here are interested in such, and don't want to bore... but to me, this is fascinating.. and so VERY SAD as that I think this disease is moving so fast, so many folks know this but there is not time to address and share to help others.

Me, I'm STAYING AT HOME as I have a health care directive which states SPECIFICALLY I will not be put on a ventilator.

Lemme know if you want to banter, or if others want me to continue, like this post.

NOTE: I haven't ventured into the bottom left options yet, and how angiotension blockers are good as wanted to ensure on board with what I said here.

MOO MOO MOO @gitana1 who had questions on such earlier

I'm loving your summaries very much, is really helping to cement this stuff in my head.

With this model of the disease, it becomes clear that ventilators are not the best answer (although surely indicated for some people, especially when there's respiratory failure in younger people). Early use of anticoagulants seems to be an emergent treatment. It also explains the "lava in the veins" feeling some people experience, as well as the relationship to obesity (way more veins to circulate to a larger body).

I’m perplexed by this too. Is there a link showing it was indeed Canada’s choice and not at all the US’s mutual decision?
Here's the link stating it was a mutual decision.

Trump announces US-Canada border closed to 'non-essential traffic'

In a string of tweets about the coronavirus outbreak on Wednesday, Trump wrote: “We will be, by mutual consent, temporarily closing our Northern Border with Canada to non-essential traffic. Trade will not be affected. Details to follow!”

Amen, Trident. Our culture was so busy running to and fro! Despite the horror of this pandemic, there are some positive things happening in my family. Home cooked meals with everyone around the table talking. Board games played with children. Homes tidied and fresh. Gardens planted and lawns mowed.

That is wonderful news.

We should give up shaking hands forever. Those of us who prefer more personal space around us, in conversation or in casual encounters, should lead the way to a new norm.

What I see, though, is that as they open up in the county where I was raised, is that a lot of people do think it's business as usual. They're pacing around, coming up near people standing in spaced lines or at drive-through testing sites. They get out of their cars and try to socialize with random other people, but many do not engage or want to talk through their car windows. Sometimes tempers flare.

I think we'll need our security guards to come back to grocery store lots and I think we'll have issues and some pandemonium when L.A. tries to open up. It can take 15 minutes of waiting just to get a parking spot at the store nearest my work, and that's at almost any time of day (up until about midnight or 1 am). People here work all kinds of shift work, shop at all hours, and stores were very crowded.

Now, if they limit the number of people in stores, as they must surely do, I think it's going to be a big shift, with just that one thing.

Meanwhile, grocery store workers, bus drivers, other transit workers have high rates of infection and are over-represented in the death numbers.

Two weeks ago, when I picked up my curbside grocery order, about half of the customers were wearing masks. Last week our Texas governor announced opening up state parks, loosening restrictions for elective surgeries..... Today I went the grocery store for curbside pickup order. No customers were wearing masks. I saw only two employees with masks. Yes, people will become complacent, and there will be more deaths that could have been prevented.

In Ohio from the time they first began reporting the number of cases and percentage of male and female, the percentage of positive females was always higher than males until last week. Now it is 40% female and 59% male. I'm guessing more males are getting exposed now than females and wondering if it's partly due to school closings and the moms have needed to stop working in order to stay home with the kids.

I went to Aldi this morning during senior hour. Maybe 20 cars in the lot including one deputy sheriff on watch. One masked and gloved clerk was sanitizing and distributing carts at the door. One masked and gloved clerk was stocking shelves. One masked clerk was running a register behind plexiglass, all lines had plexiglass but only one was open at the time. I only saw 6 customers throughout the store, all wearing masks, none wearing gloves. Six foot markers were in the aisles and register lanes. One way markers for each aisle. All females maintained social distancing but both males went the wrong way in aisles and passed me within three feet. Since they were wearing masks, I'm not gonna freak out too much. (Yea I know their clothing, hair, shoes etc. could be carrying the virus) All shelves were fully stocked with limits on a few articles. One shelf was packed with 18 roll TP packages, limit one so I'm good for TP for awhile. I sanitized everything and put it away.

I got everything on my list, enough for at least 4 weeks. Prices and selection were great. I felt safe and relieved. All in all a very good morning for my first trip out after about 6 weeks.
Aldi has the plexiglass up in my UK store but not Lidl. No masks for staff though.

Hydroxchloriquine study shows drug not effective.

"Researchers did not track side effects, but noted a hint that hydroxychloroquine might have damaged other organs. The drug has long been known to have potentially serious side effects, including altering the heartbeat in a way that could lead to sudden death."
More Deaths, No Benefit From Malaria Drug in VA Virus Study

"Researchers did not track side effects, but noted a hint that hydroxychloroquine might have damaged other organs. The drug has long been known to have potentially serious side effects, including altering the heartbeat in a way that could lead to sudden death."

Was this the drug that the president kept talking about?

has this been posted?

Man dies of COVID-19 after blasting ‘bulls**t’ lockdown
A dad who reportedly said the coronavirus was a political ploy, and called his state’s lockdown “bulls***” has died of COVID-19.

John W. McDaniel, from Marion County in Ohio, was diagnosed with the virus in late March, and died in hospital on April 15, The Sun reports.

The 60-year-old man had allegedly posted several times on Facebook regarding the coronavirus, and the posts have been circulated widely on social media.

On March 15, he seemingly commented on Ohio governor Mike DeWine’s stay-at home order, which required shops, bars and restaurants to close...

....In another post, also believed to have been written by McDaniel, he asks: “Does anybody have the guts to say this Covid19 is a political ploy? Asking for a friend. Prove me wrong.”

US records lowest coronavirus-related deaths in 2 weeks

Monday marked the lowest number of coronavirus-related fatalities in the U.S. in two weeks, just days after the number of deaths had spiked to 4,591 in a single day. According to Johns Hopkins University, the U.S. lost 1,433 people to coronavirus on April 20, adding to the overall death toll of 42,364.

According to the data, nearly 93 percent of all U.S. deaths from the pandemic have occurred in the past three weeks, 44 percent of which have occurred over the last seven days. But after several sharp spikes last week, the number seems to be slowing, with the data reflecting an average of 600 less deaths than previous days.
Glad to see the downward trend and hope US and UK can turn down the curve together. Stay safe, wash hands, stay home (if told to).

has this been posted?

Man dies of COVID-19 after blasting ‘bulls**t’ lockdown
A dad who reportedly said the coronavirus was a political ploy, and called his state’s lockdown “bulls***” has died of COVID-19.

John W. McDaniel, from Marion County in Ohio, was diagnosed with the virus in late March, and died in hospital on April 15, The Sun reports.

The 60-year-old man had allegedly posted several times on Facebook regarding the coronavirus, and the posts have been circulated widely on social media.

On March 15, he seemingly commented on Ohio governor Mike DeWine’s stay-at home order, which required shops, bars and restaurants to close...

....In another post, also believed to have been written by McDaniel, he asks: “Does anybody have the guts to say this Covid19 is a political ploy? Asking for a friend. Prove me wrong.”

And the Darwin Award goes to...

Coronavirus: 823 more people die with COVID-19 in UK hospitals

There have been a further 823 coronavirus-related deaths in UK hospitals, the Department of Health has said.

It takes the total number of COVID-19 patients to have died in UK hospitals to 17,337.

Some 778 new deaths were reported by NHS England - the biggest rise in just under two weeks - as the total reached 15,607.

All thos
The new test allows for patients to collect their own samples using Pixel by LabCorp COVID-19 Test home collection kits that they would then mail to a lab for testing, according to an FDA announcement Tuesday.
With a doctor's order, the home collection kits will become available to consumers in most states in the coming weeks, the FDA said.

"Throughout this pandemic we have been facilitating test development to ensure patients access to accurate diagnostics, which includes supporting the development of reliable and accurate at-home sample collection options," FDA Commissioner Dr. Stephen Hahn said in the agency's announcement.

As of Tuesday, more than 788,900 cases of coronavirus have been reported with at least 42,450 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University.

"The FDA's around-the-clock work since this outbreak began has resulted in the authorization of more than 50 diagnostic tests and engagement with over 350 test developers," Hahn said. "Specifically, for tests that include home sample collection, we worked with LabCorp to ensure the data demonstrated from at-home patient sample collection is as safe and accurate as sample collection at a doctor's office, hospital or other testing site. With this action, there is now a convenient and reliable option for patient sample collection from the comfort and safety of their home."

The LabCorp kit includes a specific Q-tip-style cotton nasal swab for patients to use to collect their sample. The upfront pricing of the test is $119, according to the company's website.

New Covid-19 test allows patients to collect samples at home, send to lab for results - CNN

All those samples IN THE MAIL?

Possibly full of active SARS-Cov-2? It is inevitable that some people will fail to properly seal or close the containers.

It is inevitable that there will be accidental exposures to USPS workers.

This makes me very uneasy.

As it the fact that the FDA is only granting access under Emergency Use Authorization. The FDA is not validating this test as accurate or sensitive.

Here's a small study that appears to have been helpful so it will be good when all the studies are reviewed.

Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin as a Treatment of COVID-19: Results of an Open-Label Non-Randomized Clinical Trial - PubMed

Here's a link that shows a lot of studies still seem to be ongoing or awaiting review.

A Systematic Review on the Efficacy and Safety of Chloroquine for the Treatment of COVID-19 - PubMed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member