Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have ordered seeds from Renee’s Garden, Territorial, Seed Savers Exchange, Natural Gardening, Southern Exposure Seed Exchange for a long time. I’ve been gardening for 45+ years.

What I see is that the best varieties are sold out. Period. It’s not Preppers, they’ve already locked in what they want. So who is hoarding the better varieties? Why are they sold out? Why is seed saving so difficult now? Someone please explain, I’m just an old gardener in the Gulf South who cannot find my trusted varieties. I also understand that what works in the Deep South won’t work North.

These are up-to-date values for Rt, a key measure of how fast the virus is growing. It’s the average number of people who become infected by an infectious person. If Rt is above 1.0, the virus will spread quickly. When Rt is below 1.0, the virus will stop spreading.

SPOILER: 15 states are "green" at or below 1

The link also gives the trend line for each state.
rt.live

Fabulous find that this is now being tracked! Thanks for the link. This is so very key, and interesting in going back on a tab to see what it was a week ago. Another to follow longer term.

I guess it was inevitable.

Last night I had a VIVID dream that I had the disease.

In reality, I don't know what I would do. I need to think about? I live alone. I do know that I really need to get my a$$ in gear and change my state's Health Care Directive person of contact who is outdated to be that person.

One thing that I do have is a Zacurate pulse oximeter which I purchased on February 23rd due to this thread and Dr. Campbell videos which he pushed to have in your normal medicine cabinet as you would have with a thermometer. (It measures your oxygen saturation in addition to pulse rate) I have tested myself many days at different times to learn my "normal" as it does differ at wake up vs. during the day vs. late at night with my condition.

It was $19.95 off Amazon when I purchased. It is now listing as $39.99 on Amazon. This is one of the reasons that I am SO grateful for @Amonet and others here... the prices for so much are so inflated now for so many things. Our new normal is here as to inflation of prices on so many things.

I also downloaded the spreadsheet that Dr. Campbell posted the link for this past week to document symptoms daily ... just in case to make easier for docs and others as to onset of symptoms/severity.

As I believe, prepare for the worst, and expect the best!

Be safe all!
Be sure to change the batts on that device every now and then, when the batts were low I was statistically dead or having a painless heart attack in the dr office one day. I asked them to change to a different one, and that one registered the same as the one I have at home. I normally do have oxi in the 89-90 range due to high altitude, but not 60 which is what their first one showed.
Regarding listing symptoms, I am making of list of which days I leave my house, where I go, and if there were any "close" events with whomever. I know everyone at least by sight that I am likely to encounter. Like my neighbor without a mask who yesterday sneezed juicily as he asked me if anyone around here has puppies for sale. I couldn't believe it. But we were at least 6 feet apart and I had my own mask.

I personally am not ruled by fear and judging by social media in my state most are agreement. It is, IMO, each countries responsibility to act accordingly to their country, not globally responsible for everyone. Most people that are positive for the virus don't die. I'm a high risk individual, but it's not my states responsibility to keep me safe, it's up to me. But our economy, cities, businesses are dying. I am more angered by the fear that situation presents, without economy or money, what's left? We can't rely on government or the world to take care of our needs.

MOO only MOO
Without money and economy, What is left?? .. People, Hope!! ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD CANNOT BUY YOU GOOD HEALTH!! X

I think that this quote by Dr Emanuel is scary.

He thinks that people being off of work for another year or more is acceptable. I disagree.

Ezekiel Emanuel: U.S. Must Stay Locked Down For 12-18 Months Until There's A Vaccine
I don't think there will be a vaccine and that is how we have to think going forward. There will still be a risk of catching it and we still do not know if those who get over it or get it mildly will be immune either. Why isn't this known yet? That's what I don't understand.
Speaking to the protesters etc. who are ignoring guidelines and gathering in clusters. What is your plan if you catch Covid? Call 911 if you become critical? Burden your Local Health Care? Or just stay at home and die for your cause :mad:
Everyone is entitled to medical help, even prisoners, so why are you saying this?

Protesting is fine when it is for a cause. However, if the cause is to put others at unnecessary risk, that is different. Right now, if people wish to protest against a president, for example, they are not allowed anywhere near the target of their protest. Often they are cordoned off in "protest" zones, far from the action. The protesters lately seem to be protesting to "open" states immediately. I don't get the rationale for this. What does it even mean? Do they want to act like Covid-19 does not exist? That is fine, but there is something strange about trying to force others to take dangerous actions contrary to the health and safety of the nation. Can we at least vote on this (if we ar

I'm surprised the dangerous (IMO) face-to-face, no-mask protesting during a declared pandemic, with some >40k individuals already losing their lives in this country, would be allowed by the first amendment, which has all sorts of exceptions like inciting to imminent lawless action, and speech that is dangerous and false. These people are endangering the rest of us, the same as if they were throwing acid into a crowd, or falsely shouting fire in a crowded area. IMO
. I totally agree. It is unacceptable. But it seems that the people who should be concerned the most Are not concerned at all. Sad! X

The current situation IMO is not sustainable because there's such chaos, no coordination between the federal gov't and states. No real national plan. One day you hear something. The next day it's different. Just utter chaos.

It's even chaotic at the most base level. Our mayor said Friday she is waiting on stats as far as gradually loosening things. In an email to my husband, she said hopefully by mid May a weekly community event he does can resume but with probable restrictions. Then someone else in town told a group of people "oh June 1 the town is opening". Fact (email to my husband) combined with social climbing gossip is just more chaos. Ugh.

Going forward, there has got to be a new and safer protocol for nursing homes and seniors' residences.We don't see stats from influenza, but I imagine there would be similar results. People are bringing disease into nursing homes that the residents can't survive.

I'm interesting in hearing about any new protocols that are coming forward. This seems to be such a widespread problem that few countries are ahead of the game. Is there a country anywhere that is doing well in this regard?

Maybe they need individual room heating/air somehow? I think @10ofRods said something about the virus in the duct work. Jmo

I’ve been reading a lot of old reports on SARS, and wow just wow total Dejavu. It is uncanny, it is almost like a complete duplicate in so many ways, but of course more widespread and fatal.

I feel there are many clues wrt to all that moo.
Did they develop a vaccine for SARS, or what happened to it?

Catching up, I’m several WHO briefings behind, picking up where I left off - April 8. Excellent, excellent, excellent & very important briefing highlighting just some of WHO’s actions and approaches to date.

Again, words can not even begin to express my appreciation, admiration and respect for Dr. Tedros, Dr. Mike and Dr. Maria - their education, experience, commitment, compassion and integrity.

Here is the Apr 8 transcript for Doc T’s opening remarks, Q&A included:

COVID-19 -Media, Maps, Videos, Timelines, CDC/WHO Resources, etc. ***NO DISCUSSION***

Full audio briefing for April 8 available here / must listen:
Press briefings

Last edited:
These are up-to-date values for Rt, a key measure of how fast the virus is growing. It’s the average number of people who become infected by an infectious person. If Rt is above 1.0, the virus will spread quickly. When Rt is below 1.0, the virus will stop spreading.

SPOILER: 15 states are "green" at or below 1

The link also gives the trend line for each state.
rt.live

Thank you for this. In California, if you went county by county, you'd see lots of counties below 1 and then...L.A. County. SF and Santa Clara are just a little above 1, doing well at slowing. But L.A. is not and it's got so many people. Also some counties like Tulare and Kern. Riverside went from a 2.something to about 1.3 - they're getting there (poor county, all ethnicities have less than average education for California).

And therein lies the problem. A person sitting on a ranch outside Fresno thinks there's no problem and is mad that they can't go the store. A lettuce producer outside of Bakersfield doesn't see the issue either and is mad.

I try really hard to be understanding of those people and of course, breathe a huge sigh of relief that they are few in number, way more invested in their own personal interest than in the collective.

Naturally, people are upset that "nonviolent" prisoners are coming out of prison (at least none of ours has murdered anyone) but these are all people whose terms were nearly over (within 30 days of getting out and clearing them out and having the jails be less crowded keeps sheriffs and jail workers safe).

I want our essential personnel to be safe, so I stay at home. I'm close enough to L.A. proper to be worried. But I'm not complaining.

But you are in a country where some people are clearly not concerned with the global attempt to stop the spread of a deadly virus. And since the death toll is still rising in your country, does that not anger you?? Like more families losing loved ones does not matter to you so long as nothing is being vandalised? Why can't those protestors get an online petition set up?? Because more than merely understanding, I actually feel their frustrations. My sympathies lay elsewhere however X
Minnesota protestors (most) had no masks. Did not stay in vehicle.
Seems to me youthful protestors do more vandalism.

I have ordered seeds from Renee’s Garden, Territorial, Seed Savers Exchange, Natural Gardening, Southern Exposure Seed Exchange for a long time. I’ve been gardening for 45+ years.

What I see is that the best varieties are sold out. Period. It’s not Preppers, they’ve already locked in what they want. So who is hoarding the better varieties? Why are they sold out? Why is seed saving so difficult now? Someone please explain, I’m just an old gardener in the Gulf South who cannot find my trusted varieties. I also understand that what works in the Deep South won’t work North.

well if it's the best kinds then it has to be regular gardeners because the rest of us don't know the difference

Without money and economy, What is left?? .. People, Hope!! ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD CANNOT BUY YOU GOOD HEALTH!! X
Well, we are relying on the government: Social Security, unemployment insurance, breakfasts/lunches in schools, welfare, maybe health insurance. If not, then why a government at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrypaul