Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #50

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t trust a pill that in studies have shown to be dangerous.

spreading misleading information along with the obvious contempt for media shows an agenda.

the fact is NO research shows it helps, the opposite is actually being shown. Certain con men were the ones parroting this as a cure.

it’s the same as ppl trying to get others to drink bleach to try to cure this. It’s dangerous
Have you got a link to the studies showing it is dangerous?

I would like to also see all studies completed and peer reviewed before judging, anyway, which may take a while.

Good picture in this article of Covid Toes.

Yep, I still have my one big Covid Toe with one rectangle red patch on the skin below the toenail. It doesn't hurt or itch. I feel fine and I have no symptoms, so I don't know what to make of my toe. Sure, it could be some other condition causing it, but it showed up coincidently right when the virus did. I don't know if calling my doctor at this time might be useless.

Doctors say 'COVID toes' may be symptom of coronavirus, especially in youth
I really think you should call the doctor as you seem to have had this a while from when you mentioned it a couple of times before. I see you said no other symptoms but just to get it ruled out maybe.

Stupid man. How are medics meant to track this illness if people are lying about where they got it?

From that article:

Carn asked his followers to not be honest about where they attend church if they got sick and felt like the needed to go to the doctor.

"But don't tell ‘em you go to KCC.,” Carn said in the audio recording. “Please tell them you go to First Baptist, Elevation or St. Matthews Methodist. Let’s fight the good fight of faith."

YouTube CEO: We’ll ban any coronavirus content against WHO guidelines

YouTube will ban any content containing medical advice that contradicts World Health Organisation (WHO) coronavirus recommendations, according to CEO Susan Wojcicki.

Speaking on CNN’s Reliable Sources, Wojcicki said that the Google-owned video streaming platform would be “removing information that is problematic”.

She told host Brian Stelter that this would include “anything that is medically unsubstantiated”.
Well they haven't banned this BBC interview of David Icke yet so I don't think they are doing what they say.

Mind you it does have 960k views.

This is BBC reporting that YouTube are going to ban it.

YouTube tightens Covid-19 rules after Icke interview

"YouTube has banned all conspiracy theory videos falsely linking coronavirus symptoms to 5G networks.

The Google-owned service will now delete videos violating the policy. It had previously limited itself to reducing the frequency it recommended them in its Up Next section.

The move follows a live-streamed interview with conspiracy theorist David Icke on Monday, in which he had linked the technology to the pandemic.

YouTube said the video would be wiped.

During the interview, Mr Icke falsely claimed there "is a link between 5G and this health crisis".

And when asked for his reaction to reports of 5G masts being set on fire in England and Northern Ireland, he responded: "If 5G continues and reaches where they want to take it, human life as we know it is over... so people have to make a decision." "

Crazy, cray cray.

Last edited:
From the article,

"What’s more, there’s little evidence that surgical masks do much good in protecting humans for spreading or acquiring illnesses, an infectious disease doctor previously told Fox News. Surgical masks, which cover the nose and mouth, are often made from a flimsy material and aren’t fitted to the face. Spaces and gaps can form around the cheeks and edges of the mouth, making it easy for air to move in and out."

A couple of things. It can still enter via the eyes right? Also I posted an article yesterday about Hong Kong only having 4 deaths from CV19 and that 97% of people wear masks so there is evidence masks work. Not sure what type HK people wear but pictures sure looked like surgical masks. HK has a population of 7.5 million and a high population density so only 4 deaths is pretty incredible. ( All sources Worldometer)

• The current population of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China is 7,485,448as of Thursday, April 23, 2020, based on Worldometer elaboration of the latest United Nations data.
  • China, Hong Kong SAR 2020 population is estimated at 7,496,981 people at mid year according to UN data.
  • China, Hong Kong SAR population is equivalent to 0.1% of the total world population.
  • Hong Kong ranks number 104 in the list of countries (and dependencies) by population.
  • The population density in China, Hong Kong SAR is 7140 per Km2 (18,492 people per mi2).

I'll see if if can post a pic of that cat.

Cats are wearing coronavirus masks in China
By Madeline Farber | Fox News
Published February 16
Coronavirus
FOX News
Animals-Face-Mask-ASIAWIRE-4.jpg
article

Chinese pet owners putting face masks on cats and dogs amid the coronavirus outbreak. ( AsiaWire )

:)

Last edited:
Earlier I had wondered and asked about recycling, are plants still recycling even though Covid lives on surfaces, etc.

Upon a google there are a lot of articles but what really pops out at me is that prisoners do some the recycling which really made me think about again how important it is to black your name and address information out/tear if off and peel off the shipping labels, moo. I’ve always done this due to the risk of “identity theft”.

Municipalities suspend recycling due to coronavirus impact on prison labor, broader safety concerns

Last edited:
Health minister caught swearing about colleague

Have to be careful on Zoom.

"In her questions, Ms Rathbone referred to concerns from Nobel-prize winning scientist Sir Martin Evans, saying "we shouldn't be shooting the messenger".

During her comments she called for more domestic production of PPE, and gave examples of care home workers struggling to be tested because they do not have a car.

Mr Gething said Welsh manufacturers have responded to calls to manufacture PPE, that some PPE could be reused by based on the evidence of what is safe and that there are not just "drive-in" testing facilities.

The exchange led to strong statements from Plaid Cymru and the Welsh Conservatives."

Health minister caught swearing about colleague

Have to be careful on Zoom.

"In her questions, Ms Rathbone referred to concerns from Nobel-prize winning scientist Sir Martin Evans, saying "we shouldn't be shooting the messenger".

During her comments she called for more domestic production of PPE, and gave examples of care home workers struggling to be tested because they do not have a car.

Mr Gething said Welsh manufacturers have responded to calls to manufacture PPE, that some PPE could be reused by based on the evidence of what is safe and that there are not just "drive-in" testing facilities.

The exchange led to strong statements from Plaid Cymru and the Welsh Conservatives."

Yikes:

“The health minister has been caught swearing about a Labour colleague in a virtual Welsh Assembly session after he left his microphone on by mistake.”

Last edited:
Boris Johnson was 'just another patient' - nurse

"Boris Johnson was just "another patient we were trying to do our best for," the New Zealand nurse credited with helping to save his life has said.

Jenny McGee was praised by the PM for standing by his bedside "when things could have gone either way" while he was in intensive care with coronavirus.

She said she hadn't expected him to mention her, saying it was a "shock".

She insisted Mr Johnson received no special treatment and "absolutely needed" to be in intensive care.

Speaking to Television New Zealand (TVNZ), Ms McGee said: "We take it very seriously who comes into intensive care, these patients who come into us, it's a very scary thing for them so we don't take it lightly," she said.

She was not "fazed" by treating the prime minister, she said, adding it was "just another day at the office".

"As a unit he was just another patient we were trying to do our best for," she said.

Ms McGee, who has worked in intensive care for 10 years, said it is "heartbreaking" to watch some patients pass away without their families, calling it the "saddest part" of her job."

More at link including video.

Food Trucks: Beacons of hope for the hungry during COVID-19
Eriksen thinks that not only practicing safety guidelines, but also notifying clients on how they are being practiced and keeping them updated on the business, is essential to maintaining a following during the COVID-19 outbreak.

Just last week, Erikseon posted reasons why it’s still safe to order from mobile food vendors, such as how food trucks only use single-serving containers and silverware (limiting risk of cross contamination), food trucks are open-air establishments so guests aren’t breathing recirculated are, nor are they boxed into one common area, and the fact that trucks have significantly fewer staff members handling food.

“With food trucks, we’re blessed that we’re mobile and do take away,” he said. “You can also see who’s serving you. If you go to a bigger business, you don’t normally see who’s in the back putting your order together, or in the package. When you're shopping at a small business, you see everyone and all the health precautions being taken.”

Thomas Ulwelling, co owner of pan-Asian cuisine truck, Lolly’s Food Trolly, has done the same and said that his guests showed appreciation when things get cleaned, are fast and safe.

“We are doing our best to make sure our customers know their safety is the first priority,” he said. “Employees are asked to wear masks as much as possible, change gloves as much as possible and sanitize every station and utensil used, no matter how often it was used. Most trucks have three to four employees on, which minimizes the spread of infection. Also, most trucks usually employ family members or close individuals that they trust and normally, you know who they've been in contact with.”

A strict practice of social distancing has also been the biggest precaution taken at Lolly’s, Pie94 Butt Hutt Smokehouse and other mobile vendors.

“We suggest that one person per family comes out per order to limit the number of people around,” Eriksen said. “We also do marking on the ground, 6 to 8 feet away. Our register systems are wiped after each use. We prefer that people use card over cash. We’re working on an online-ordering system now. Overall, we have a very clean system.”

He also added frozen pies to the menu for “take and bake” options for families, and although his strategies have been effective so far, he gives credit to fellow food truck owner and friend Jacob Bander, owner of Butt Hutt Smokehouse.

“Honestly, I messaged him and asked if I could re-post the same message he posted,” Eriksen said about Bander’s COVID-19 updates.

“It’s essentially a guideline for what we did to make customers not just feel safe, but actually be safe,” Bander said. “We implemented online ordering. Just pay online, set a pick-up time and everything is ready to go with no physical transaction. The only person touching the order is the person preparing the food and the person ordering the food.”

He also said the register window is sanitized between each customer who does pay at the truck, mentioning using only pre-packaged utensils and again, a strong implementation of social distancing for customers and staff.

“We also switched from lunch to dinner just because in my mind, that’s when the people who are quarantining come out and they’re only focused on picking up their orders,” Bander said. “They are less interactive with the public.”

Bander also started selling meat in bulk to help families staying at home. A family can order up to 5 pounds of pork, which comes refrigerated and vacuum-sealed at 35% discount.

Bander, Eriksen and other mobile vendors are thankful and fortunate to still be in business, but as much as the community supports the trucks, Eriksen is still concerned for small business owners that own brick-and-mortar locations.

“We spoke to a food distributor who originally had about 34 accounts, but are now down to 13,” he said. “I’m not trying to be rude, but corporate America has their buy-outs and loans. Here, we have ma-and-pop restaurants that are hurting. People need to go out and go to local, family-owned restaurants. Everything right now is relying on the community supporting the community.”

@Seattle1
Thanks so much for your comforting words. My Japanese knives are ordered from the Seattle knife shop on the dock whose name I cannot remember. I only think of DrTony saying ‘oh she’s in heaven.. just tell me how much do have to pay for her Spanish knife-mania?’ Well ya a lot. Loved NW coast. Son was stationed in Whidbey Island then. Penn Cove mussels Gods gift & many people don’t realize Dungeness crabs are from there.
i always say--- i learn something here every day! Never knew where those crabs came from. We have the Dungeness mansion off Cumberland Island in S Georgia... always thought those crabs were from East Coast!!!

The Latest: Guterres: Pandemic nearing "human rights crisis”
And he warned that with “rising ethno-nationalism, populism, authoritarianism and a pushback against human rights in some countries, the crisis can provide a pretext to adopt repressive measures for purposes unrelated to the pandemic.”

The secretary-general did not name any countries or parties but stressed that governments must be “transparent, responsive and accountable,” and that press freedom, civil society organizations, the private sector and “civic space” are essential.

He stressed that any emergency measures — including states of emergency — must be “legal, proportionate, necessary and non-discriminatory, have a specific focus and duration, and take the least intrusive approach possible to protect public health.”

He said: “The message is clear: People — and their rights — must be front and center.”___

The U.N. chief sent “warm wishes” to Muslims in a statement Wednesday night that noted that this would be a very different Ramadan because many traditional community activities will not be possible as a result of COVID-19.

Ramadan begins with the new moon this week and Muslims now find themselves cut off from much of what makes the month special as authorities fight the pandemic. Muslims will fast from sunrise-to-sunset fast, but traditional communal meals for the poor, large dinners with family and friends, and cultural events in some countries after sunset have been canceled.

He repeated his March 23 appeal for a global cease-fire “to focus on our common enemy — the virus — recalling the words of the Holy Quran `and if they incline to peace, then incline to it.’”

Last edited:
California Small Businesses Struggle While Waiting for Stimulus Aid - Los Angeles
The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
This is a forgivable loan of up to $10 million with a 1% interest rate. “The max amount a business can apply for is 2.5x the business’s average monthly payroll costs, not exceeding $10 million. Under specific circumstances, PPP Loans can be forgiven. The amount a business spent on payroll, rent, utilities and other eligible costs within the 8-week period upon receiving the loan is forgiven. The remaining amount turns into a fixed-rate loan with the SBA,” adds Lieberman.

Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)
Businesses can receive as much as $2 million in assistance from the federal government. This is a fixed-rate loan with a 3.75% interest rate for small businesses and a 2.75% interest rate for private non-profits. “However, applicants are also eligible for a $10,000 forgivable advance on the loan immediately after applying, even if the business does not ultimately receive the loan,” said Rebecca Lieberman, Policy Advisor and Research Manager with the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce. The SBA has also stopped processing new EIDL loans, citing a lack of funding.

California COVID-19 Small Business IBank Loan Program
Earlier this month, Gov. Gavin Newsom announced $50 million in loan guarantees for small businesses that may not be eligible for federal relief. The State is also allowing small businesses to defer payment of sales and use taxes of up to $50,000, for up to 12 months. In a move said to help workers and small businesses, people receiving unemployment benefits are temporarily being paid an extra $600 on top of their weekly amount.

California City level COVID-19 Small Business Aid
Small business owners in San Francisco are being encouraged to apply for the San Francisco Hardship Emergency Loan Program (SF HELP). The loans have a 0 percent interest rate and are administered by Main Street Launch in partnership with the city of San Francisco. Small businesses can make loans of up to $50,000 for terms of up to six years.

Additionally, through the City of Los Angeles Small Business Emergency Microloan Program, businesses and microenterprises in Los Angeles that are responsible for providing low-income jobs can apply for emergency microloans in an amount between $5,000 and $20,000. Reese hopes Congress reaches an agreement to fund the loan programs soon and that more applications in the queue are approved. In the meantime, three days a week she and her scaled-down team cook M’dears signature soul food for about 50 seniors who are shut-in during this pandemic.

The emergency meal delivery program was launched by LA City Councilmember Marqueece Harris-Dawson. Reese says compensation for the heartwarming cause has been slow. In fact, on the Friday leading into the Easter holiday weekend, Reese couldn’t afford to pay some of her staff. “Up to today, we have provided 300 meals and haven’t gotten a penny for it,” she said, “You wanted me to keep them on staff to do this, but you’re not giving me the money to pay them, so I can’t pay them.”

The National Restaurant Association has launched RestaurantsAct.com to share the latest COVID-19 relief information.

Only one-fifth of loan applicants have received any money under the federal Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), according to the advocacy group —and unless relief arrives by the end of next month, half expect to go under.

The Senate approved a third economic stimuluspackage on April 21 that includes an additional $310 billion for the PPP to help small businesses. The legislation, which would provide loans of up to $10 million for businesses with 500 or fewer employees, is expected to go to a House vote this week.

“We don’t believe $300 [billion] and some change is enough,” NFIB California Director John Kabateck told The Epoch Times.

“We believe $400 billion would be a more sufficient amount, just to cover the needs that exist right now. And we believe $200 billion ought to be dedicated specifically to businesses with 20 or fewer employees.”

Over 1.6 million applications for aid were approved before the initial funds ran out, according to the Treasury Department.

But even though the program was established to help small businesses, 25 percent of the funds were given to 2 percent of the companies that applied, including big businesses with thousands of employees that took advantage of the program, Kabateck said.

A recent analysis by Morgan Stanley shows that over $243 million of the total went to publicly traded companies.

“We don’t disparage a job creator of any size that is struggling to keep people on the books and their doors open, but it’s ridiculous that policymakers and financial institutions have placed those larger businesses and corporations in the front seat while small businesses are starving in the back row,” Kabateck said.

Last edited:
@KALI have you looked into any of these programs that might apply to you?

California Small Businesses Struggle While Waiting for Stimulus Aid - Los Angeles
The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
This is a forgivable loan of up to $10 million with a 1% interest rate. “The max amount a business can apply for is 2.5x the business’s average monthly payroll costs, not exceeding $10 million. Under specific circumstances, PPP Loans can be forgiven. The amount a business spent on payroll, rent, utilities and other eligible costs within the 8-week period upon receiving the loan is forgiven. The remaining amount turns into a fixed-rate loan with the SBA,” adds Lieberman.

Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)
Businesses can receive as much as $2 million in assistance from the federal government. This is a fixed-rate loan with a 3.75% interest rate for small businesses and a 2.75% interest rate for private non-profits. “However, applicants are also eligible for a $10,000 forgivable advance on the loan immediately after applying, even if the business does not ultimately receive the loan,” said Rebecca Lieberman, Policy Advisor and Research Manager with the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce. The SBA has also stopped processing new EIDL loans, citing a lack of funding.

California COVID-19 Small Business IBank Loan Program
Earlier this month, Gov. Gavin Newsom announced $50 million in loan guarantees for small businesses that may not be eligible for federal relief. The State is also allowing small businesses to defer payment of sales and use taxes of up to $50,000, for up to 12 months. In a move said to help workers and small businesses, people receiving unemployment benefits are temporarily being paid an extra $600 on top of their weekly amount.

California City level COVID-19 Small Business Aid
Small business owners in San Francisco are being encouraged to apply for the San Francisco Hardship Emergency Loan Program (SF HELP). The loans have a 0 percent interest rate and are administered by Main Street Launch in partnership with the city of San Francisco. Small businesses can make loans of up to $50,000 for terms of up to six years.

Additionally, through the City of Los Angeles Small Business Emergency Microloan Program, businesses and microenterprises in Los Angeles that are responsible for providing low-income jobs can apply for emergency microloans in an amount between $5,000 and $20,000. Reese hopes Congress reaches an agreement to fund the loan programs soon and that more applications in the queue are approved. In the meantime, three days a week she and her scaled-down team cook M’dears signature soul food for about 50 seniors who are shut-in during this pandemic.

The emergency meal delivery program was launched by LA City Councilmember Marqueece Harris-Dawson. Reese says compensation for the heartwarming cause has been slow. In fact, on the Friday leading into the Easter holiday weekend, Reese couldn’t afford to pay some of her staff. “Up to today, we have provided 300 meals and haven’t gotten a penny for it,” she said, “You wanted me to keep them on staff to do this, but you’re not giving me the money to pay them, so I can’t pay them.”

The National Restaurant Association has launched RestaurantsAct.com to share the latest COVID-19 relief information.

Only one-fifth of loan applicants have received any money under the federal Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), according to the advocacy group —and unless relief arrives by the end of next month, half expect to go under.

The Senate approved a third economic stimuluspackage on April 21 that includes an additional $310 billion for the PPP to help small businesses. The legislation, which would provide loans of up to $10 million for businesses with 500 or fewer employees, is expected to go to a House vote this week.

“We don’t believe $300 [billion] and some change is enough,” NFIB California Director John Kabateck told The Epoch Times.

“We believe $400 billion would be a more sufficient amount, just to cover the needs that exist right now. And we believe $200 billion ought to be dedicated specifically to businesses with 20 or fewer employees.”

Over 1.6 million applications for aid were approved before the initial funds ran out, according to the Treasury Department.

But even though the program was established to help small businesses, 25 percent of the funds were given to 2 percent of the companies that applied, including big businesses with thousands of employees that took advantage of the program, Kabateck said.

A recent analysis by Morgan Stanley shows that over $243 million of the total went to publicly traded companies.

“We don’t disparage a job creator of any size that is struggling to keep people on the books and their doors open, but it’s ridiculous that policymakers and financial institutions have placed those larger businesses and corporations in the front seat while small businesses are starving in the back row,” Kabateck said.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member