Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this is COVID19 related, maybe someone can chime in. Hair salons are allowed to open on 5/18 in my area. I booked an appointment online with the same hair salon I've been going to for over a year. I then got an email with a Release Form asking for some medical history.

Here is what they asked for:

Current medications
Surgery in last 6 months?
List all allergies
Medications taken in last 6 months

They also asked on their form what products you currently use and other questions related to hair, waxing, etc. I have never had to provide medical information to a hair salon. I'm a little taken aback by this. Has anyone had a salon ask for this type of information? TIA

Nope. Ours opened yesterday and the only thing was we had to be met at the door and wear a mask until we got to the privacy of my stylist's room -- so like a total of 20 seconds.

I'm not sure if this is COVID19 related, maybe someone can chime in. Hair salons are allowed to open on 5/18 in my area. I booked an appointment online with the same hair salon I've been going to for over a year. I then got an email with a Release Form asking for some medical history.

Current medications
List all allergies

They also asked on their form what products you currently use and other questions related to hair, waxing, etc. I have never had to provide medical information to a hair salon. I'm a little taken aback by this. Has anyone had a salon ask for this type of information? TIA
Is it hair salon and spa? Spas do ask for this sort of info.

My interpretation of the Stanford methodology (in following link) is peak deaths are dependent on herd immunity achieved as well as conditions in 2nd wave. Most experts believe there is a possibility that virus will become more transmissible. See my recent post by Francois Belloux. Clearly, Stanford is demonstrating a more impactful second wave.

The Stanford believes that very little herd immunity as been achieved because NY is only demonstrating 21% and they were hardest hit.

Click on "original paper" in link to see the paper.
Extended Results COVID-19

UK second wave is much much higher than the first wave also in this model. See attached. At only opening 50%, and dependent on herd immunity levels:

Low immunity- 190 deaths per million per day
High immunity- 40 deaths per million per day
67 million population

Low. 190 x 67 = 12,730 deaths per day at peak
High. 40 x 67 = 2,680 deaths per day at peak

At 25% opening, the deaths are at zero. Not much room for error.

Frankly IMO, this substantiates why UK moved away from their herd immunity idea. They really don't have much room for opening....

So this Wave 2 is likely to happen because we have not yet got herd immunity is that correct? I just don't understand why wave 2 is higher than wave 1 when some will be immune from before.

Blame China for coronavirus, Tangipahoa sheriff -- John Bel Edwards' brother -- says in lawsuit

Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff Daniel Edwards filed a federal lawsuit Friday against the People's Republic of China claiming that the new coronavirus originated in a lab in Hubei province and not in a local market, as most scientists have said.

Edwards, brother of Gov. John Bel Edwards, filed the suit in New Orleans on Friday, and asked the court to certify it as a class action on behalf of all 3,000 sheriffs in the country.
<...>
When Gov. Edwards was asked about the suit during his Friday coronavirus briefing, he said he was unaware of it.

"My brother doesn’t ask my permission for anything," he said. However, the governor said he briefly talked with Republican Attorney General Jeff Landry recently and that Landry said he was researching the possibility of filing a similar suit on behalf of the state.

Current medications
List all allergies

They want to know about medications, allergies and recent surgery's.

I don't get it. I was thinking they are screening higher risk people but that doesn't add up with these. JMO

How many confirmed cases are there in your area?

There are now more than 215,000 confirmed coronavirus cases in the UK and more than 31,000 people have died.

The actual number of cases is estimated to be higher because testing was limited to hospital patients and NHS and care home staff until recently.

The following charts and graphics will help you understand the situation in the UK and how the authorities are responding.

_112216011_coronavirus_stats_0905_640-nc.png

Find out how many people have confirmed cases in your area:

How many cases and deaths in your area?
Enter a UK postcode, English, Welsh or Northern Irish council name, or Scottish health board name to find out

Type in 3 or more characters for results.

If you can't see the look-up click here.

_105894348_short_grey_line_new-nc.png

The death toll of the virus
Another 346 deaths were announced on Saturday, bringing the total number of deaths in the UK to 31,587.

The UK has the highest official death toll in Europe and the second highest in the world, but the government has said it is too soon to make international comparisons.

The majority of the deaths have been in England, with 28,250 so far. The death toll in Wales stands at 1,099, while Northern Ireland has seen 430 deaths.

In Scotland, the official government figure for deaths is 1,847, but data from the National Records of Scotland (NRS) suggests it could be closer to 3,000.

_112216014_uk_daily_deaths_with_ra_9may-nc.png

_105914179_blank_white_space-nc.png

Recent data from the Office for National Statistics, which has provided the best picture so far of the impact on care homes, suggests that more than a fifth of all coronavirus-related deaths are happening there.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said last month that about 80,000 crew members remained on board ships off the U.S. coast after most passengers had disembarked. The Coast Guard said Friday that there were still 70,000 crew members in 102 ships either anchored near or at U.S. ports or underway in U.S. waters.

Surely they can let the crews who are on ships with no confirmed cases to disembark immediately and arrange for them to go home. Then start working on those who are onboard ships with positive cases. 70,000 people is beyond imagining.

@MsArk , we can be isolation buddies! I hope you feel better very soon and get your results quickly. Hot baths help a lot. Drink plenty of fluids. You are in my prayers! Even though my test came back neg, I am almost positive I have some type of virus, if not COVID-19.

How does your mask not get wet when you are being shampooed?
And what about facials. I would like to see a facial done on someone with a mask on. LOL.

LOL. I'm wondering how this will work, too. Plus I'm getting a color. The mask will get in the way of that.
They want to know about medications, allergies and recent surgery's.

I don't get it. I was thinking they are screening higher risk people but that doesn't add up with these. JMO
I don't get it either. I've never heard of such a thing. What does any of this have to do with getting hair done? I sent them an email asking for clarification but have not heard back yet.

Current medications
List all allergies

Woah, way too much information. Even our banks only ask if we've travelled, or have any symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper