Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spas ask for allergies because during facials or massages they could be using various products I guess someone could be allergic to. Maybe they are afraid people might be allergic to hair products?

Google eyebrow threading and viruses

"Herpes can get into a person's skin because threading like many skin procedures, causes a breach in the skin that allows bacteria and viruses to gain access. "Anything like pulling out hair is going to allow any viruses in the vicinity to gain access," Adalja says"

Unfortunately it happens. Medical workers/healthcare staff/ first responders/law enforcement etc. there are ******* thieves in every profession
And I'm sure the coverage is painful to see for the many hardworking, honest, and dedicated health-care providers and their families. All their hard work - and this lousy nurse gets attention.

Well, the hardworking nurses are likely working too hard and too tired to read the ugly coverage.

jmo

Google eyebrow threading and viruses

"Herpes can get into a person's skin because threading like many skin procedures, causes a breach in the skin that allows bacteria and viruses to gain access. "Anything like pulling out hair is going to allow any viruses in the vicinity to gain access," Adalja says"
Dang.. so I’ll look like wolf woman for looong time. Not @ 71 I have much eyebrow left. Maybe I should pencil it in like my fav Little Richard, God bless.

I'm not sure if this is COVID19 related, maybe someone can chime in. Hair salons are allowed to open on 5/18 in my area. I booked an appointment online with the same hair salon I've been going to for over a year. I then got an email with a Release Form asking for some medical history.

Here is what they asked for:

Current medications
Surgery in last 6 months?
List all allergies
Medications taken in last 6 months

They also asked on their form what products you currently use and other questions related to hair, waxing, etc. I have never had to provide medical information to a hair salon. I'm a little taken aback by this. Has anyone had a salon ask for this type of information? TIA
That is really weird. I think that will not last as most customers are not going to give a medical history to get a haircut.

I can see having to agree to wear a mask before being allowed in the salon, but not list recent medical procedures, etc!

Crazy times.

jmo

It looks like homeless people are being treated differently from other citizens.

If this happened in Sacramento a swarm of lawyers would descend and file multiple lawsuits. JMO
This is sad because much of the homeless population have mental illnesses. I hope they have advocates. Imagine being held prisoner because you have Covid. I wonder how much they cared about them before.

I'm not sure if this is COVID19 related, maybe someone can chime in. Hair salons are allowed to open on 5/18 in my area. I booked an appointment online with the same hair salon I've been going to for over a year. I then got an email with a Release Form asking for some medical history.

Here is what they asked for:

Current medications
Surgery in last 6 months?
List all allergies
Medications taken in last 6 months

They also asked on their form what products you currently use and other questions related to hair, waxing, etc. I have never had to provide medical information to a hair salon. I'm a little taken aback by this. Has anyone had a salon ask for this type of information? TIA

Have you checked your state's regulations for salons opening? Wondering if that's mandated or not. Jmo

Info from Virologist Peter Piot, director of the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, fell ill with COVID-19 in mid-March. An excellent read. Below is one takeaway that's frightening. Maybe those who forego masks should read this.

"Many people think COVID-19 kills 1% of patients, and the rest get away with some flulike symptoms. But the story gets more complicated. Many people will be left with chronic kidney and heart problems. Even their neural system is disrupted. There will be hundreds of thousands of people worldwide, possibly more, who will need treatments such as renal dialysis for the rest of their lives."

‘Finally, a virus got me.’ Scientist who fought Ebola and HIV reflects on facing death from COVID-19 | Science | AAAS
Louisiana (especially Acadiana region) has the best food, oak trees, and music. There’s always a festival.
Definitely remember New Orleans, the French Quarter, the food, and the shows.

This is sad because much of the homeless population have mental illnesses. I hope they have advocates. Imagine being held prisoner because you have Covid. I wonder how much they cared about them before.
I agree.

They also can have substance abuse problems. I hope that is being addressed. People being cut off from their sources of drugs can die.

I wonder if the person who escaped the camp was suffering from withdrawals or had a mental health breakdown that caused him to flee. JMO.

Importing any live animal brings with it the risk of disease—to native wildlife, to livestock, and to people. The outbreak of the novel coronavirus in China, theorized to have jumped from bats into humans and then spread at a wet market in Wuhan, possibly through an intermediate host, has shined a spotlight on how easily zoonotic diseases can emerge from wildlife. Indeed, an estimated 60 percent of known human diseases originated in animals, according to the World Organization for Animal Health.

To prevent the next pandemic, it’s the legal wildlife trade we should worry about

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member