Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.

They also can have substance abuse problems. I hope that is being addressed. People being cut off from their sources of drugs can die.

I wonder if the person who escaped the camp was suffering from withdrawals or had a mental health breakdown that caused him to flee. JMO.

I want to see that "quarantine camp". I'm going to hopefully report back with some photos. Dang there aren't usually accommodations at fairgrounds. Jmo

New York now has 73 cases of children presenting with a new pediatric multi-system inflammatory syndrome likely linked to COVID-19 -- and a third child has died of the condition, Gov. Cuomo said Saturday, one day after he announced the first death.

"As it turns out, these children happened to have the COVID antibodies, or be positive for COVID, but those were not the symptoms they showed when they came into the hospital system," Gov. Cuomo said Saturday.

The New York State Dept. of Health is working in partnership with the CDC to develop national criteria for other states and hospital systems to help them identify, track and respond to help children exhibiting symptoms, Gov. Cuomo said. Doctors in the state say children are not presenting with symptoms until 4 to 6 weeks after exposure to the virus.

"This is every parent's nightmare, right?" Cuomo said, adding that the state is investigating additional child deaths and will conduct more studies to better understand the illness.

After Gov. Cuomo announced the first death Friday, doctors in Westchester County said a 7-year-old boy died there this week of the new condition. Later the same day, Westchester officials clarified reporting may be too preliminary to determine whether the 7-year-old boy died from COVID-19 complications or other underlying medical issues.

3 NY Child Deaths Linked to Rare COVID-Related Inflammatory Illness, At Least 73 Sick

A 7-year-old boy from Westchester County died late last week, the county confirmed on Friday. A 5-year-old boy died earlier in the week from the same syndrome at Mount Sinai Kravis Children’s Hospital in New York City. Cuomo did not give any details about the third New York child on Saturday.

‘Truly Disturbing’: Third NY Child Dies From Rare Syndrome Linked to COVID-19

So strange. I thought toxic shock syndrome was bacterial? Will have to research a bit.

That is really weird. I think that will not last as most customers are not going to give a medical history to get a haircut.

I can see having to agree to wear a mask before being allowed in the salon, but not list recent medical procedures, etc!

Crazy times.

jmo
It would help if the salon can give an explanation why those peculiar items of personnel medical history is needed to get a haircut.

That should have been included with the initial message. JMO

Working on info on this Nashville TN fairground homeless quarantine.

First story:

There are three separate homeless shelters at the fairgrounds. The first is for healthy individuals who need food and a place to shower, to do laundry and to self-isolate. A second is for those who show symptoms of illness including a fever, cough or shortness of breath. A third is for those who test positive for COVID-19 but do not need to be hospitalized.

115 Nashville homeless test positive for COVID-19, moved to fairgrounds shelter

From the link:

"Dr. Robert Redfield, the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, will self-quarantine for two weeks after he was exposed to a person at the White House who tested positive for Covid-19...

Dr. Stephen Hahn, the commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, also began to self-quarantine Friday after being exposed to a person at the White House who tested positive."

Hello Bravo, and everyone!!

Tell your daughter Happy Birthday. I'm sure it will be a very special day for your family including celebrating Mother's Day.

Our eldest grandson's birthday is tomorrow also.

I haven't posted in a couple of weeks. I decided rather than discussing this most difficult time for all of us the best thing for me to do is live it instead by staying busy, and being productive as possible. At my age every day matters. Lol!

Out of our five children two of them/families live only a few miles from us while the other three live 100s of miles away. I have to admit they all spoil me rotten even during average days, but now I have been receiving numerous cards from those out of town, and gifts all this week.

The happiest part of my MD will be when they all call me, and the other two will be here tomorrow.

We give our daughters a gift for MD since they are wonderful moms to our grandchildren.

The two here have told us they have gotten together, and prepared a big lunch, and will bring everything when they come tomorrow

The weather is beautiful here so we all plan to enjoy being outside. We have three patio tables so when eating we plan to socially distance as we have done when anyone comes over.

Even inside we try very hard to stay 6 feet apart. The grandchildren will play on our four acres. So at least they can have fun while here. We have setup games to play. It's been hard for the younger ones when understanding they can't hug us right now, and it's been very hard on my hubby, and me too especially since southerners tend to be touchy feely who enjoy giving hugs, and kisses to those we love. Ha!

So we are trying to make the best of this dire situation like I know those all over the world are trying to do.

I think one of the hardest adjustments for most everyone is not being able to socialize with our families, friends, and simply not being able to be among other people in general. Humans are very social animals. That's what we do as human beings. LOL!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY Bravo, and to all of our other amazing great moms on WS!

Now I'm off to work in my flower gardens. :)

Take care everyone, and please be safe.

Ocean

Jmho
So kind of you OBE you say Happy Birthday to your Grand as well and have a wonderful Mothers Day. Despite us not celebrating in the usual way in some ways it's just that much more special. It's the little things now we so treasure. Have a great one and yes Happy Mothers Day to all of here.

From the link:

"Dr. Robert Redfield, the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, will self-quarantine for two weeks after he was exposed to a person at the White House who tested positive for Covid-19...

Dr. Stephen Hahn, the commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, also began to self-quarantine Friday after being exposed to a person at the White House who tested positive."
FDA, CDC, OH MY!
You would think they would have been wearing masks -
I guess they didn't since they are self quarantining, which is what the POTUS and the VP (should) have done as well.
Nice...
Moo

First story:

There are three separate homeless shelters at the fairgrounds. The first is for healthy individuals who need food and a place to shower, to do laundry and to self-isolate. A second is for those who show symptoms of illness including a fever, cough or shortness of breath. A third is for those who test positive for COVID-19 but do not need to be hospitalized.

Some pictures here:

Nashville Fairgrounds used as temporary shelter for homeless during COVID-19 outbreak

Attachments

• 20200509_185709.jpg
    20200509_185709.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 20200509_185654.jpg
    20200509_185654.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 29
Russian hospital staff 'working without masks'
As coronavirus spreads more widely in Russia’s provinces, hospitals - often old and ill-equipped - have become infection "hot spots". The number of medical workers getting sick, and dying, is growing.

It has been posted - but I haven't seen the other news from Russia posted, in which some other non-doctors also mysteriously fell of windows. The first doctor who fell (5 stories) was on the phone at the time, calling some high ranking bureaucratic, to complain about lack of PPE. Articles in Russian say the phone was still in her hand.

Meanwhile, other nations and states are struggling to tally the number of doctor deaths from CoVid. Italy tallied over 100 just among doctors. The Guardian has tried to compile its own stats for UK (it says 165 NHS staff). The Guardian is also compiling stats for the United States in a similar fashion. They aren't breaking out doctors as a group, AFAIK, which seems the right approach to me, all these healthcare workers are irreplaceable and wonderful human beings.

UK data on deaths among healthcare workers:

Doctors, nurses, porters, volunteers: the UK health workers who have died from Covid-19

USA data on deaths among healthcare workers:

A beloved small-town nurse, a ‘karaoke master’: the US health workers who died from Covid-19

All of the data is incomplete but I do believe the reporters are trying to collect it.

wonder if we’ll ever find out how much this is spreading inside our (US) hospitals. From infected staff to non cv patients. Or from cv patients to non cv patients. (Via staff / poor infection control etc ) Probably no way to ever be sure of those numbers :mad:

I believe covid induced disease resembles the Kawasaki disease, but it's not one and the same.
Yeah, it sounds like they are having the same symptoms as adults, but due to age and no co-morbid conditions maybe it isn't acting the same.
Can't help but wonder if these kids were up to date on vaccines, because they have REALLY been focused on kids and vaccination rates dropping since they placed us on house arrest.
(I did it willingly before they decided)
How are kids supposed to get vaccines if the Dr's office and Health Department are closed?
* this is not a vaccinate/anti vaccinate post.
I'm only pointing out that there has been much discussion in the news today.
Moo
Children's immunization rates dropping, putting them and community at risk, doctors warn

I want to see that "quarantine camp". I'm going to hopefully report back with some photos. Dang there aren't usually accommodations at fairgrounds. Jmo
It doesn't matter to me if it's just like the Ritz Carlton. He was charged with escaping penal institution. I guess there are no official charges for escaping quarantine.

ETA - it appears to me he doesn't have a previous record. MOO. I guess they need to rid the prisons of hardened criminals to make room for the hair stylists and homeless population .

FDA, CDC, OH MY!
You would think they would have been wearing masks -
I guess they didn't since they are self quarantining, which is what the POTUS and the VP (should) have done as well.
Nice...
Moo

I didn't see one way or the other if they were wearing masks. Is it in the story and I missed it?

Blame China for coronavirus, Tangipahoa sheriff -- John Bel Edwards' brother -- says in lawsuit

Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff Daniel Edwards filed a federal lawsuit Friday against the People's Republic of China claiming that the new coronavirus originated in a lab in Hubei province and not in a local market, as most scientists have said.

Edwards, brother of Gov. John Bel Edwards, filed the suit in New Orleans on Friday, and asked the court to certify it as a class action on behalf of all 3,000 sheriffs in the country.
<...>
When Gov. Edwards was asked about the suit during his Friday coronavirus briefing, he said he was unaware of it.

"My brother doesn’t ask my permission for anything," he said. However, the governor said he briefly talked with Republican Attorney General Jeff Landry recently and that Landry said he was researching the possibility of filing a similar suit on behalf of the state.
Jeff Landry is from my parish. He’s ultra conservative, Catholic (I am too), wants so badly to be governor and believes the “faithful” should be allowed to congregate.

First story:

Do they have accommodations for the homeless peoples pets? A lot of the homeless have companion dogs for mental heath issues and or protection.

If dogs are not allowed maybe the guy who escaped was trying to reunite with his dog. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper