Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Info from Virologist Peter Piot, director of the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, fell ill with COVID-19 in mid-March. An excellent read. Below is one takeaway that's frightening. Maybe those who forego masks should read this.

"Many people think COVID-19 kills 1% of patients, and the rest get away with some flulike symptoms. But the story gets more complicated. Many people will be left with chronic kidney and heart problems. Even their neural system is disrupted. There will be hundreds of thousands of people worldwide, possibly more, who will need treatments such as renal dialysis for the rest of their lives."

‘Finally, a virus got me.’ Scientist who fought Ebola and HIV reflects on facing death from COVID-19 | Science | AAAS

Definitely remember New Orleans, the French Quarter, the food, and the shows.
I love Nola...but we’re 2 hrs away and much safer.

Yeah, it sounds like they are having the same symptoms as adults, but due to age and no co-morbid conditions maybe it isn't acting the same.
Can't help but wonder if these kids were up to date on vaccines, because they have REALLY been focused on kids and vaccination rates dropping since they placed us on house arrest.
(I did it willingly before they decided)
How are kids supposed to get vaccines if the Dr's office and Health Department are closed?
* this is not a vaccinate/anti vaccinate post.
I'm only pointing out that there has been much discussion in the news today.
Moo
Children's immunization rates dropping, putting them and community at risk, doctors warn

My grandkids pediatrician stayed open, amazingly. The 2 month old is up to date on his shots. 2 year old goes next week. They wait in the car and then dash them back to a freshly decontaminated room. Parents are masked up as well.

Do they have accommodations for the homeless peoples pets? A lot of the homeless have companion dogs for mental heath issues and or protection.

If dogs are not allowed maybe the guy who escaped was trying to reunite with his dog. JMO.

I dunno, good question! Let me look more.

It doesn't matter to me if it's just like the Ritz Carlton. He was charged with escaping penal institution. I guess there are no official charges for escaping quarantine.

ETA - it appears to me he doesn't have a previous record. MOO. I guess they need to rid the prisons of hardened criminals to make room for the hair stylists and homeless population .
It looks like there is a legal basis to arrest someone for breaking a quarantine in this case. It looks like LE charge the escaped prisoner with the wrong crime.
Metro Parks has charged the man with a single count of escape from a penal institution, a class A misdemeanor.

He should have been charged with this.
When asked about the legal authority to make this arrest, the Metro Health Department cited a different section of law that classifies violating quarantine as a class B misdemeanor, which is a less serious offense.

COVID-19 patient arrested after leaving fairgrounds quarantine, court records show

:confused:Yahhhh.
Not for a haircut.

That is really weird. I think that will not last as most customers are not going to give a medical history to get a haircut.

I can see having to agree to wear a mask before being allowed in the salon, but not list recent medical procedures, etc!

Crazy times.

jmo

Last edited:
My grandkids pediatrician stayed open, amazingly. The 2 month old is up to date on his shots. 2 year old goes next week. They wait in the car and then dash them back to a freshly decontaminated room. Parents are masked up as well.
That is awesome!
Most of the kids on my area go to the health department for shots through VFC (vaccines for children) program.
Moo

I didn't see one way or the other if they were wearing masks. Is it in the story and I missed it?
Who was wearing masks? I don't think I've seen one photo of Trump wearing a mask. Pence recently went places (nursing home, Mayo clinic) without a mask on. Trump went to a mask factory with googles on but no mask.

Last edited:
This is the problem with the Nashville Fairgrounds.
“Everyone is entitled to come and go as they want, typically, but in the fairgrounds situation we wanted to make sure that people who are positive stayed in the ill parts of the shelter — period,” Jahangir said.
This statement is clearly saying that citizens are free to move about where ever they chose, even if they test positive, but the homeless people at the Fairgrounds are not allowed the same freedom of movement.

COVID-19 patient arrested after leaving fairgrounds quarantine, court records show

Had CDC, Dr. Redfeild or FDA, Stephen Hahn been seen wearing a mask at anytime lately?
That was the question.
I know Nancy Pelosi wore one on a flight she had last week. She was interviewed after getting off plane and still had mask around her neck.
Moo
A mask around your neck doesn't do anything. It needs to be cover your mouth and nose. JMO

Had CDC, Dr. Redfeild or FDA, Stephen Hahn been seen wearing a mask at anytime lately?
That was the question.
I know Nancy Pelosi wore one on a flight she had last week. She was interviewed after getting off plane and still had mask around her neck.
Moo

Ah. I didn't read your comment as a question. I thought I missed something.

I'm not sure if this is COVID19 related, maybe someone can chime in. Hair salons are allowed to open on 5/18 in my area. I booked an appointment online with the same hair salon I've been going to for over a year. I then got an email with a Release Form asking for some medical history.

Here is what they asked for:

Current medications
Surgery in last 6 months?
List all allergies
Medications taken in last 6 months

They also asked on their form what products you currently use and other questions related to hair, waxing, etc. I have never had to provide medical information to a hair salon. I'm a little taken aback by this. Has anyone had a salon ask for this type of information? TIA

That sounds like some kind of phishing scam to me. I would call the salon and ask if they are really requiring that info for your appointment. There's no way I would ever provide that type of personal medical info to a hair salon. If that is really what they are asking for, I would take my business elsewhere. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRANNYINVESTIGATES