Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is really weird. I think that will not last as most customers are not going to give a medical history to get a haircut.

I can see having to agree to wear a mask before being allowed in the salon, but not list recent medical procedures, etc!

Crazy times.

jmo

Yeah, they will lose customers. No one I know would hand out this information to a hair salon. It isn't verifiable anyway.

Minnesota (just thought it was an interesting article and I haven’t read much about Minnesota)
Minnesota hospitals readying for 'the beast' of COVID-19

Laura Triplett figured it would be safe as a nurse to transfer to the COVID-19 hospital because her daughters had moved out and she couldn’t infect them — until they moved back from Duluth and Mankato because of job losses amid the pandemic.

Now Triplett is sleeping in a camper outside their house in Inver Grove Heights.

“I’m more concerned about being at Walmart than my job,” she said. “It was so busy, the line was so long and people were just on top of each other. It’s amazing, you say, ‘I work at the COVID hospital,’ and everybody steps really far away from you.”

Dr. Ben Trappey figured the risks would be lower at Bethesda than at his other hospital, because there is no confusion over who has COVID-19.

“You know that you have to take precautions for everyone,” said Trappey, who is living in a hotel to avoid infecting his pregnant wife.

Last edited:
(Video in link)

Over a thousand gather in Huntington Beach to renew call for California's reopening

HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Large crowds descended near the pier in Huntington Beach on Saturday to reiterate their calls for the reopening of California's economy during the coronavirus pandemic.

Around 1,500 people gathered in the area around 2 p.m., according to the Huntington Beach Police Department, but the protest carried on without incidents and no arrests were made.

Many of the protesters were seen without facial coverings and were also seemingly defying physical distancing guidelines.

So this Wave 2 is likely to happen because we have not yet got herd immunity is that correct? I just don't understand why wave 2 is higher than wave 1 when some will be immune from before.
Very small number are immune....all we are doing is kicking the can down the street so that we don't overrun the healthcare system. Very likely that the virus becomes even more highly transmissible than it already is and more are infected in the second wave.....there could be several waves...

I'm not sure if this is COVID19 related, maybe someone can chime in. Hair salons are allowed to open on 5/18 in my area. I booked an appointment online with the same hair salon I've been going to for over a year. I then got an email with a Release Form asking for some medical history.

Here is what they asked for:

Current medications
Surgery in last 6 months?
List all allergies
Medications taken in last 6 months

They also asked on their form what products you currently use and other questions related to hair, waxing, etc. I have never had to provide medical information to a hair salon. I'm a little taken aback by this. Has anyone had a salon ask for this type of information? TIA

No, but any business can ask for any information they want. <modsnip>

That sign that says "Business can reserve right to refuse service to anyone" is an essential cornerstone of American freedom.

Expect more of this - everywhere. No business wants a lawsuit and they have the right to protect themselves. If you complain on Google or similar, another salon will start advertising that they have no such rules.

Do you want to go to that salon? It's your choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drawing upon lessons learned from eight major pandemics that have occurred since the early 1700s, the epidemiological report lays out a grim scenario for the ongoing COVID-19 era as the world barely begins to grapple with the already devastating effects the novel coronavirus has had on the social and economic fabric of the U.S.

According to the CIDRAP report, out of nearly every pandemic that has occurred since the the 18th century, “no clear seasonal pattern emerged for most.”

“Two started in winter in the Northern Hemisphere, three in the spring, one in the summer, and two in the fall,” according to the report.

Some of the key points from observations made about previous pandemics suggest that the COVID-19 pandemic will likely persist over 18 to 24 months before any level of “herd immunity gradually develops in the human population.”
Three possible “wave” scenarios are discussed in this article and this CIDRAP report (three possible scenarios)
Scenario 1: Peaks and Valleys
Scenario 2: Fall Peak
Scenario 3: Slow Burn

https://fox6now.com/2020/05/09/epidemiologists-lay-out-3-future-scenarios-for-pandemic-warning-covid-19-crisis-not-over/

Clearly, he wasn't " free to move about" if he had to jump a fence to get out!!
I am really confused as to what is this concern over the homeless covid infected guy is about. There have been people with covid asked to quarantine in their homes. People from cruise ships were asked to quarantine on military bases.
Since this guy is homeless, he has to quarantine somewhere. Otherwise he is just going to spread it around.

I'm not sure if this is COVID19 related, maybe someone can chime in. Hair salons are allowed to open on 5/18 in my area. I booked an appointment online with the same hair salon I've been going to for over a year. I then got an email with a Release Form asking for some medical history.

Here is what they asked for:

Current medications
Surgery in last 6 months?
List all allergies
Medications taken in last 6 months

They also asked on their form what products you currently use and other questions related to hair, waxing, etc. I have never had to provide medical information to a hair salon. I'm a little taken aback by this. Has anyone had a salon ask for this type of information? TIA
Cannot help but wonder if they are looking for information that could be sold to other parties (ads ect), imo, speculation.
Other than that, maybe you should send them a similar questionnaire about the staff who will be working there on the day of your appointment?!
speculation.

They want to know about medications, allergies and recent surgery's.

I don't get it. I was thinking they are screening higher risk people but that doesn't add up with these. JMO

It would probably get them into legal trouble if they decided to try and only exclude people with medical issues related to CoVid.

If they're going to start trying to notate their services according to medical conditions, surely allergies should be disclosed. I've been to many salons that asked just that information (allergies) for rather obvious reasons. In fact, I found a salon that asked for and used that information for my mother when she was about 70 - and I trusted that salon. So did she and she never had any allergic reactions.

There's a big difference between "kids died from Covid" and the headline right below it. The headline doesn't say they died from Covid or that the syndrome they died from is definitely, or even probably, linked to covid. jmo
Andrew Cuomo did confirm this story to be true today at his daily press conference! Also, there were reports out of China last month about kids seemingly becoming ill with pneumonia like symptoms. Definitely connected to this current CV-19. It was shared on social media in the UK for days and to be honest, I have been on pins waiting for it to start happening elsewhere. I really do hope that people who feel able to go about life as normal, regardless of becoming ill or not, SERIOUSLY take note of this now and just stay put at home until this virus itself dies a death..
Honestly, just you watch.. I will take China on myself if my kids come down with anything!! God Forbid! As ever peeps, Take Real Care Xx

There's a big difference between "kids died from Covid" and the headline right below it. The headline doesn't say they died from Covid or that the syndrome they died from is definitely, or even probably, linked to covid. jmo

sorry I'm not thinking straight as my own Dad just died overnight
too late to edit the post

I bet Dr. Seheult will be covering this when published. From link..

The main finding of this study is that after adjusting for the timing of zinc therapy, we found that the addition of zinc sulfate to hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin was found to associate with a decrease in mortality or transition to hospice among patients who did not require ICU level of care, but this association was not significant in patients who were treated in the ICU.

This result may be reflective of the proposed mechanism of action of zinc sulfate in COVID-19. Zinc has been shown to reduce SARS-CoV RNA dependent RNA polymerase activity in vitro [13]. As such, zinc may have a role in preventing the virus from progressing to severe disease, but once the aberrant production of systemic immune mediators is initiated, known as the cytokine storm, the addition of zinc may no longer be effective [17].

Our findings suggest a potential therapeutic synergistic mechanism of zinc sulfate with hydroxychloroquine, if used early on in presentation with COVID-19. However, our findings do not suggest a prophylactic benefit of zinc sulfate in the absence of a zinc ionophore, despite interest in this therapy for prevention. A prophylactic strategy of zinc sulfate should be evaluated to help answer this question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper