DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nepal Registers First Coronavirus Death as Tally Rises to 281

Nepal Registers First Coronavirus Death as Tally Rises to 281

News18
2 hrs ago
Nepal registered its first COVID-19 death after a 29-year-old woman died following breathing difficulty, the health ministry said on Saturday.
The coronavirus cases in Nepal have reached 281. Earlier today, 11 people were confirmed corona positive. So far, 26,691 tests have been conducted and there are 244 active cases while 36 have recovered in the country.

Texas cases of COVID-19 increasing by thousands since reopening

There are now 45,198 confirmed cases of COVID-19, the illness caused by the virus, according to the Texas Department of State Health Services. That is an increase of 1,347 cases from Thursday to Friday. The new numbers have not yet been recorded for Saturday.

Last Friday, the daily case increase was 1,219.

While the cases are still well below New York, the state with the most confirmed cases at more than 345,000, the steady increase shows that the curve has not yet flattened in Texas.

The state also experienced its highest and second-highest daily death toll just a day apart. On Thursday, 58 deaths were recorded in 24 hours and Friday that number dropped only slightly to 56, according to the health department. The total number of fatalities is at 1,272.

Last Friday, the daily death toll was 31.

Texas cases of COVID-19 increasing by thousands since reopening

Nothing To See Here, Move Along.

Coronavirus has changed Australia's public service for the better, commissioner says

Coronavirus has changed Australia's public service for the better, commissioner says

By Elizabeth Byrne
1 hour ago
For the past few months, Australia has largely been run from bedrooms and living rooms across the country as the nation's bureaucrats worked from home.

When the country went into lockdown over the COVID-19 crisis, more than half of the Australian Public Service — like many other workers across the country — began working from home.

It has been public servants who have had to turn Federal Government policies like JobKeeper and JobSeeker, as well changes allowing people to withdraw from their superannuation early, into reality.

Annie's Campground, near Gresham, Wisconsin, posted the new rule on the establishment's Facebook page: "Masks are NOT allowed in the buildings for safety sake. They are viewed as a robbery in progress and will be handled that way." The post goes on to list planned events and food items available to patrons for the May 15-17 weekend, before thanking patrons in its conclusion.

"Thank you for your continued support as we all get through this thing called life! We have many new people on staff, please have patience as we are training and learning the next few weeks," the post stated, before adding "back to the real normal here."

Wisconsin Business Bans Wearing Masks After Stay-At-Home Order Overturned

Protests against coronavirus lockdown measures spread in the UK and across Europe
AABusdG.img

Protests against coronavirus lockdown measures spread in the UK and across Europe

1 hour ago
Police in London have arrested 19 people for deliberately breaking social distancing guidelines to protest against the rules, as demonstrations against coronavirus lockdown measures swept across Europe.

The Metropolitan Police said a group in central London's Hyde Park had been protesting about the Government's response to the COVID-19 pandemic and had failed to comply with repeated requests to disperse.
The protests occurred on the first weekend since Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced a slight loosening of England's lockdown.

Concerns over public transport's ability to handle a return to work

Concerns over public transport's ability to handle a return to work

Sky News Australia
2 hrs ago
New polling shows the two things people are most worried about in terms of spreading COVID-19 is being in office towers and on public transport.

Mr Clennell said individuals can expect trains and busses to have crossed out seats so social distancing can continue.

“We can expect buses and trains in our major cities to have crosses on various seats where people cannot sit,” he said.

“What is likely to happen is retail and hospitality workers will be encouraged into work but office workers still encouraged to stay at home.

“State governments will work with councils to encourage satellite parking near the CBD where people can walk to work from there.”

I keep seeing articles about the "high rate of suicide", and it is mentioned frequently in the news.

What I have NOT seen, is any actual data that is aggregate, comparing suicide rates for last ten years in April, to the suicide rate in April, 2020. Not one article or news story has actually shown any figures.

I am not doubting the mental health issues, just why do people keep talking about all of these suicides, without providing any hard data?
Nobody is showing data for any of it. We’re told of all this devastation but it’s only anecdotal. I mean, it’s just possible that the government’s actions to mitigate some of this personal disaster has worked in some ways. I am not aware of any business in my area, except one seasonal one that wasn’t going to make it anyway, that has folded or has said they may fold. Yes, I've seen layoffs, but again, unemployment benefits have actually increased. I guess it’s not worth mentioning some of these possible wins in terms of mitigation when it doesn’t fit the narrative that people are killing themselves left and right and all the small businesses are dying. The goal is to claim that somehow more lives will be lost if we don’t just go ahead and sacrifice the old and ill right now in service of the almighty dollar. It gives some respectability, I suppose, to the idea of sacrificing some because they can claim that it’s actually saving lives (which I believe is complete BS).

This is my opinion and I have no desire to argue about it. But I did want to state it because frankly, I find much of that discussion utterly nauseating.

I haven't posted in a little while now because I was just so consumed with this virus. Everything about it just overtook me so I had to break for a little bit although I've tried to keep up with the postings on this thread.

I still only go to the store, if I must, once every two weeks. Even then, it feels as if I am becoming claustrophobic or something. It bothers me so bad to go inside and know these germs are just floating everywhere even though I do wear my mask and gloves but there are so many who dont! Over a month ago I was talking to someone about how these stores should have the attic fans in the ceilings to keep the air flowing and pulling out all the virus in the air of the stores. I actually do have an attic fan in my home, and it really keeps the air moving when I have it on. I guess that is what made me think of it.

Our parish has had a low number this whole time, four was the max for us until now. Now as Louisiana has moved into phase one (Friday), we are now at twelve. I know that is still low, but I just feel it will get worse now that more things are opening. Maybe they are testing more and that could be why the numbers are increasing, but the number of tests previously have been pretty high. So it isn't like there were no tests being performed.

Anywho, y'all continue to stay safe! I will continue to be a homebody!

European Union instructed members to verify pandemic situation before opening borders

With no clear policy for controlling coronavirus within the country, Brazilians may find themselves banned from European countries when international travel resumes.

Criteria adopted by the European Union in the guidelines released this Wednesday (13) for the reopening of internal borders will allow entry residents of states with “an epidemiological situation in a positive and similar evolution” concerning Covid-19 (a disease caused by coronavirus), with the consolidation of “a sufficiently low transmission rate.”

The most important indicator is the contagion rate (Rt), which shows how many people, on average, each infected person transmits the coronavirus. When it is above 1, the disease is out of control, and the infection is accelerating.

The estimated contagion rate for Brazil is not only twice that which is considered minimally acceptable but is also among the highest among 54 countries monitored by Imperial College (reference center in epidemic control), according to a study published this Wednesday (13).

Out-of-control Coronavirus May Render Brazilians Banned from Entering other Countries

As a vulnerable people, my husband and I will continue to do what we have been doing, no matter what opens up: we do grocery shop (masked)- that is about it; nobody comes to our home and that will not change. we get curb-side takeout --no dining in restaurants- that is out - no going anywhere where there are gatherings of people. I will have go to a beauty salon: i think that can work if both the stylist and myself wear masks and if the salon takes proper precautions.
Can't bring myself to do beauty salon yet. My neighbors and I all have Covid-Hair, and we don't care. Just not worth an unnecessary risk. I cook in bulk and freeze. Only did restaurant curb-side pick up once and that was for my birthday.

Can't bring myself to do beauty salon yet. My neighbors and I all have Covid-Hair, and we don't care. Just not worth an unnecessary risk. I cook in bulk and freeze. Only did restaurant curb-side pick up once and that was for my birthday.

First, I'm a guy, so I can't speak to a woman's troubles with not being able to get her hair cut.

I got my Bichon Frise a groom yesterday, he really needed it. Ordinarily he would have been cut a month ago. He seems happier.

I do have clippers designed to cut hair, and my electric shaver has attachments, but I'm just going to let it continue growing. I look upon this as a once in a lifetime opportunity to just let me hair grow, and not have to explain a thing. I'm 53, and while there have been times I've gone awhile between cuts, I've always been aware, and eventually made an appointment. For now, I have no timetable whatsoever. I'll see what happens with the situation, and if it gets to the point where it's in my face, I'll carefully use my clippers.

Annie's Campground, near Gresham, Wisconsin, posted the new rule on the establishment's Facebook page: "Masks are NOT allowed in the buildings for safety sake. They are viewed as a robbery in progress and will be handled that way." The post goes on to list planned events and food items available to patrons for the May 15-17 weekend, before thanking patrons in its conclusion.

"Thank you for your continued support as we all get through this thing called life! We have many new people on staff, please have patience as we are training and learning the next few weeks," the post stated, before adding "back to the real normal here."

Wisconsin Business Bans Wearing Masks After Stay-At-Home Order Overturned
Words fail!!

First, I'm a guy, so I can't speak to a woman's troubles with not being able to get her hair cut.

I got my Bichon Frise a groom yesterday, he really needed it. Ordinarily he would have been cut a month ago. He seems happier.

I do have clippers designed to cut hair, and my electric shaver has attachments, but I'm just going to let it continue growing. I look upon this as a once in a lifetime opportunity to just let me hair grow, and not have to explain a thing. I'm 53, and while there have been times I've gone awhile between cuts, I've always been aware, and eventually made an appointment. For now, I have no timetable whatsoever. I'll see what happens with the situation, and if it gets to the point where it's in my face, I'll carefully use my clippers.
You go guy!!!!!!!!!

Hubby and I watched the B movie "Carriers" today. This film was released in 2009.
Wow.
I don't know who wrote the script, but we were pretty blown away between what's happening today, and what the writer envisioned a decade ago.
It's free on Netflix.
Not going to do spoilers, however it's about a virus.

Hubby and I watched the B movie "Carriers" today. This film was released in 2009.
Wow.
I don't know who wrote the script, but we were pretty blown away between what's happening today, and what the writer envisioned a decade ago.
It's free on Netflix.
Not going to do spoilers, however it's about a virus.
Thanks for the tip @KALI . Will check it out.

I haven't posted in a little while now because I was just so consumed with this virus. Everything about it just overtook me so I had to break for a little bit although I've tried to keep up with the postings on this thread.

I still only go to the store, if I must, once every two weeks. Even then, it feels as if I am becoming claustrophobic or something. It bothers me so bad to go inside and know these germs are just floating everywhere even though I do wear my mask and gloves but there are so many who dont! Over a month ago I was talking to someone about how these stores should have the attic fans in the ceilings to keep the air flowing and pulling out all the virus in the air of the stores. I actually do have an attic fan in my home, and it really keeps the air moving when I have it on. I guess that is what made me think of it.

Our parish has had a low number this whole time, four was the max for us until now. Now as Louisiana has moved into phase one (Friday), we are now at twelve. I know that is still low, but I just feel it will get worse now that more things are opening. Maybe they are testing more and that could be why the numbers are increasing, but the number of tests previously have been pretty high. So it isn't like there were no tests being performed.

You be safe too. Glad u checked in and all is well.

I love an old fashion attic fan...the noise and the breeze are awesome. The death increase in your parish reflects individuals who were infected 5-14 days ago and not from just opening up yesterday. My husband and I are retired and live in south LA. We take precautions such as social distancing, masks, and will continue. Church services for us will remain virtual. Social distancing is important but it doesn’t mean isolation. Call, text, and or FaceTime family and friends. For me, it makes all the difference. It helped me get out of a funk. Self-care is important. Reach out to others or your healthcare provider.

My hair is growing so long. It's below my shoulders now but not so bad. Easy to tie up. I'm blonde and do have some darker roots growing in so I resorted to good old fashioned Sun-In, that I used when I was a teenager. It's less harsh now and did work wonders. That said and done, I'm good because summer is almost here bringing lots of warm sunshine with it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TawnyTRC