Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people still don't get it.
A couple of weeks ago I saw someone I knew when I was in Aldi.
She kept inching forward, I kept stepping back to a good distance. It was sort of like a dance.
At one point she got uncomfortably close so I took a huge step back. She gave me a funny look.
The sort of look when someone thinks you're a bit strange lol.
I would rather someone think I'm strange, than be fighting for my life, or even worse passing it on to someone I love or anyone else at all.
I keep my trolley between me and anyone else. That works.

Trump concedes coronavirus pandemic to 'get worse'

President Donald Trump has warned the US pandemic may "get worse before it gets better", as he revived his virus briefings with a more scripted tone.

Mr Trump also asked all Americans to wear face coverings, saying "they'll have an effect" and show "patriotism".

The president, who was not wearing a mask at the briefing, has previously disparaged them as unsanitary.

His aides have reportedly pressed him to adopt a more measured approach as virus caseloads spike across the US.

The daily White House news conferences ended soon after Mr Trump suggested in April during freewheeling remarks from the podium that the virus might be treated by injecting disinfectant into people.

In his first White House coronavirus briefing for months on Tuesday, a less off-the-cuff president echoed what public health officials on his pandemic task force have been saying as he warned: "It will probably unfortunately get worse before it gets better.

"Something I don't like saying about things, but that's the way it is."

He added: "We're asking everybody that when you are not able to socially distance, wear a mask, get a mask.

"Whether you like the mask or not, they have an impact, they'll have an effect and we need everything we can get."

Mr Trump - who more than once referred to Covid-19 as the "China virus" - took a mask from his pocket in the briefing room, but did not put it on.

Continued at link.

More than 200 people missing from COVID-19 quarantine in Queensland

Since mid-April more than 2,000 compliance checks have been conducted by the COVID-19 taskforce, with officers uncovering almost 400 people who were not where they were supposed to be.

Of those flouting the rules, 185 had given health officials false contact details, including addresses where they were alleged to have been isolating at.

Another 25 people had given authorities the correct information but when police visited they were nowhere to be found.

Police said 210 people remained unaccounted for and were wanted for questioning.

Last edited:
I have heard of people dying within a week of it and some last months. I find that really frightening.
This has pushed me to making a living will. I do not want to be ventilated, but would appreciate palliative care.
Edited to add. I am a not a young person. I would fight if I were young.

You must fight for your life, whether young or old.
You may be one of the lucky ones, as kept trying.
Good luck, you deserve it, and stay safe.

That is typically what I hear also. Doing better then BAM...things go down hill very quickly to death. It looks like from the link I read within the article that she was placed on a vent some time ago (maybe in May IIRC) and just was never able to shake it off.

I just don’t want to be vented...and my children know it.

Sorry, I don't have the details, but in the news here recently, it was stated that Australia is more successful, than most countries, with their Covid 19 ventilator clients.

Coronavirus latest: Australia sees worst day yet for new infections - BBC News

Summary
  1. Australia sees its worst day yet in the pandemic, with more than 500 new cases
  2. The overwhelming majority of them are in the city of Melbourne
  3. The head of the Pan American Health Organization says the virus shows "no signs of slowing down" in the Americas
  4. President Donald Trump says the pandemic is going to get worse, and urges Americans to wear face masks
  5. Leading Democrat Nancy Pelosi dubs Covid-19 "Trump virus"
  6. Health experts in the UK have told politicians Sars-Cov-2 virus will be with us for "decades"
  7. There have been nearly 15m cases of the new virus worldwide and more than 600,000 deaths
Details at link

Not on Zoom or YouTube.
Yes there is with Zoom. Limited to 100 with up to 500 with an add on. Don't know about YouTube limits.

Contact Tracing. Does it work?

The great coronavirus-tracing apps mystery

Summary from the article

Problems abound
There have also been problems with contact-tracing apps in other countries:

• Downloads of Japan's Contact-Confirming Application (Cocoa) have slowed, totalling 7.7 million on Monday - the country's population is over 126 million. A bug in the software had prevented users from being able to register testing positive for the virus, but this was fixed in an update released on 13 July. But the Japan Times reports that since then only 27 positive cases have been registered via the app.
  • Italy's Immuni has been downloaded by about 4.2 million Italians, falling far short of the government's target - the country's population is about 60 million. Local authorities suggest there has been limited interest because the spread of the virus is perceived to be under control, but expect this to change if a second wave begins.
  • Australia's CovidSafe has yet to identify anyone that had not already been flagged by other contact-tracing efforts. Zdnet reports that it also continues to be bedevilled by a series of flaws that have caused matches to be missed and iPhones to try to connect to unrelated devices. One ex-medical official told local news the cost involved in developing and promoting the app had been 70 million Australian dollars ($49m; £38m).
  • On Monday, France's data watchdog wrote to the country's government requesting changes be made to its StopCovid app, to make it compliant with privacy laws. The last official update says it has been downloaded 2.3 million times.

Last edited:
I am starting to believe denial is more contagious than COVID.
If I had to guess 45% of my friends, who I've known for decades, are still saying every death is called covid. Even from years ago, when a story comes out about a cold case, wait until November, it'll be gone, they have all been to Florida, most of them to the panhandle. Not gonna live in fear, not gonna wear a mask.
I'm shocked at the level of stupidity!!!
Just goes to show, you never really know anyone.
Somehow, every one of them has avoided the virus as have their immediate family.
I know one who got it, but she won't admit to having it and still acts like a fool.
Moo
I see that all the time, like this virus only affects Americans and only to affect an election.

Zoom Webinar or large group add ons are available for 10,000 participants. The point is, though, that there is ordinary technology available now, that meeting in person isn't necessary, especially during this pandemic.

Getting Started With Webinar

Well let's hope they can come to a solution. I know our parliament does this and they have some physical attendees but the majority are on Zoom or similar technology.

Covid-19 erupted in Detroit jails. It killed two doctors caring for inmates

Covid-19 erupted in Detroit jails. It killed two doctors caring for inmates

Natalia Megas

1 hour ago
When Diana Trueblood visited the Detroit county jail’s medical unit in early March, she encountered a gentle and kind doctor named Angelo Patsalis.

Halfway through her incarceration for a probation violation, Trueblood remembered sitting “knee to knee” with Patsalis, who pulled down his face mask to speak to her about a tuberculosis skin test. She and other inmates were not provided with face masks, she said, and they pulled up their T-shirts to shield their mouths.
Related: Health workers filed more than 4,000 complaints about protective gear. Some still died

“He was blunt but he was concerned about my health,” Trueblood said. In jail usually, “they just don’t care”.

Trueblood and other inmates knew something serious was going on. Cramped in their cluttered cells, they tried to watch the news about the pandemic on “a little TV way up high”, she said. “But you could barely hear it… and we could just see their lips move. Most of what we found out was through our families.”

The jail system, they would learn, was at the center of a coronavirus outbreak.
Within four weeks of Trueblood’s first appointment with Patsalis, the doctor died of Covid-19. The virus soon claimed another doctor, as well as the commander and a sheriff’s deputy at the Wayne county sheriff’s office (WCSO), a three-facility maximum-security jail system in the Detroit area for inmates charged with violent crimes and non-violent crimes.

Amid overcrowding and a shortage of PPE, at least 208 employees and at least 83 inmates have tested positive for Covid-19 at WCSO to date.
Public health experts have for months warned that US jails and prisons face catastrophe. At least 100,000 people in US jails and prisons have been infected, and almost 800 inmates and staff have died, according to the New York Times.

More about Street Vibrations, the Harley show in Reno Sept 24-27.
Two weeks later, let's see the virus stats.

Roadshows, Inc. Event Production, Reno, NV
"Don’t miss the Silver Legacy American Heat® Custom Bike Show managed by Mondo Porras of Denver's Choppers, this year including Chicano Yank. This event will be held in the Reno Ballroom along with the Bike Corral, where registered VIPs can sell their motorcycles.

Grand Marshal Erik Estrada will head up the Police on Parade. Wet your whistle at the bikini bar with bartenders from the International Bikini Team inside the Reno Ballroom and at the Hog Town Bar in the Eldorado Plaza.

Check out the Tattoo Expo for body art extraordinaire with live tattooing available. Swell with pride in your country at the ceremonial flag raising and national anthem. See if you've got what it takes to win the Good Vibrations® Slow Bike Races or cheer on your favorites, at the Reno Arch.

Enjoy plenty of local and regional bands on 7 outdoor stages throughout the rally. Visit and shop the 250 vendors and many factory rigs selling everything for your motorcycle and more.

New to the rally is the Burning Ninja fire show. Returning once again is world famous Monte Perlin and his Globe of Death.

The Blue Knights Law Enforcement Motorcycle Club will lead a parade from Reno Harley-Davidson® to the Eldorado Outdoom Main Event Stage in downtown Reno."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member