Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #78

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All of which night clubs and banquet halls could comply with. The gentleman from the trade organization said that night clubs have all basically converted to lounges, anyway. And, from the links, "banquet halls associated with golf courses and yacht clubs have been excluded from the new order."

After experiencing it here, it's interesting to see it somewhere else. Bar owners in AZ have been protesting, and suing (to no avail), wondering why it's OK for all of their customers get blasted at the bar inside a Chilie's.

[bbm]

and what's the difference between a night club and a lounge??

[bbm]

and what's the difference between a night club and a lounge??
I think of a night club as an energetic place with music, dancing & lots of socializing, whereas a lounge is a dimly lit bar with quiet music, a tv playing & the local alcoholics quietly sipping- fixtures on their regular stools. But I didn’t consult Webster’s so perhaps there’s a better description...

I think of a night club as an energetic place with music, dancing & lots of socializing, whereas a lounge is a dimly lit bar with quiet music, a tv playing & the local alcoholics quietly sipping- fixtures on their regular stools. But I didn’t consult Webster’s so perhaps there’s a better description...

I think of it as you dress up a bit for a night club and the floor is fairly clean lol.

A lounge (bar) well everybody knows your name and how well you shoot pool. :)

ok I get that and a bar is neither?
confusing
to me they're all bars

the difference is important right now

Last edited:
Good news that the very ill test vaccine recipient is recovering.

AstraZeneca said a woman in the United Kingdom had symptoms consistent with a rare but serious spinal inflammatory disorder, which led to the British drugmaker's decision to stop its clinical study of the new coronavirus vaccine, Stat News has reported.

The participant was recovering and will likely be discharged from the hospital within a day, according to Stat News, which said on Wednesday the new disclosures by Astra Chief Executive Pascal Soriot were shared by three of the investors participating on conference calls.

https://www.smh.com.au/business/com...ad-neurological-symptoms-20200910-p55u3r.html

It is good they are being transparent regarding this patient's complication from the vaccine ( i am assuming it is from the vaccine v. placebo)

ok I get that and a bar is neither?
confusing
to me they're all bars

There must be a distinction in Canada - perhaps capacity, or music licensing? There has to be some difference for the closure order to make any sense. Here the only difference is whether or not a certain percentage of revenue has to come from food, so our "night clubs" are all "bars."

What we discovered is that closing some places where liquor can be purchased and consumed, while leaving others open, just caused the customers of the former to congregate at the latter.

Regarding the Chili's link - that is interesting. I will swing by my buddy's place and see if they have the big tape on the bar, etc.

Ok...
Night Club: dress nice, dance & admire clean floor

Bar: play pool & darts & listen to Bruce Springsteen. Floor might be clean or covered in peanut shells

Lounge: Smooth jazz, sparsely populated, slurred speech & too dark to know what the floors look like

in terms of Covid though, I don't see a difference - they all serve alcohol correct? do they all serve nachos etc?

found this (don't read this link it just introduces more terms for essentially the same thing):

Drinking establishment - Wikipedia

Last edited:
in terms of Covid though, I don't see a difference - they all serve alcohol correct? do they all serve nachos etc?
Yes to alcohol, idk about the nachos. But your point is important- if gov is going to create legislation/ ordinances, they need to first define the terms. Otherwise it’s in the eye of the beholder- or owner. Which won’t accomplish the intended goal.

I can't find anything on the distinction in B.C. or Canada.

Where I live, a nightclub has live music and a dance floor, not food. We don't really have bars, we have pubs which always have food and some have live music on one weekend night.

These are trying times. Enforcement may become more difficult as more is revealed about what’s been known from the beginning.

I would be thrilled to be pleasantly surprised.

MOO

Last edited:
[bbm]

what is the difference between a nightclub and a bar?
those two terms are interchangeable around here

This is a bar:

images

This is a nightclub:

upload_2020-9-9_23-21-27.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online