Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I was prescribed prednisone for bronchitis earlier this year and I did not notice anything like an energy spurt!
Maybe I got a bad batch or felt so bad it was hard to tell!
It's the dose of the Prednisone and the duration your on it that leads to the energy and also an increase of appetite. My Brother has taken it for long stints for years.

@margarita25 .. and others who used to follow WHO daily briefings with us in the threads back in January and may still follow? @Amonet?

I was just watching the daily WHO Executive Board Special Session from today and have a question that you might know. When did Tedros and Dr. Mike etc. start wearing masks?

BTW... interesting session and remarks in this long video from today, 10/5/2020. You may want to view the transcript?

WOW!!!!

This just blew my mind. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE ARTICLES ^^^, every one of them,

is built around the same exact quite, by the same doctor, saying how outrageously irresponsible he was, but also giving out erroneous misleading information about the drive.

Does any one else feel bothered that the entire globe was sent out the same exact severely critical quote, falsely describing the actions of our President?

That concerns me tremendously. India, the UK, Israel, China, Australia, they ALL got this quote:

“Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary Presidential “drive-by” just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die. For political theater. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theater. This is insanity.”

“That Presidential SUV is not only bulletproof, but hermetically sealed against chemical attack. The risk of COVID19 transmission inside is as high as it gets outside of medical procedures. The irresponsibility is astounding. My thoughts are with the Secret Service forced to play.”

But NONE of the articles had the following info:

@SharylAttkisson

Did you know: 1. President's limo doesn't always drive around "hermetically sealed"? It has capability to cut off outside air. 2. There's glass partition between masked Trump & front seat masked agents? 3. Fresh air enters thru series of high efficiency filters? #TheMoreYouKnow
Quote Tweet

GU1Gda7O_normal.jpg

Dr. James P. Phillips, MD

@DrPhillipsMD
· 16h
That Presidential SUV is not only bulletproof, but hermetically sealed against chemical attack. The risk of COVID19 transmission inside is as high as it gets outside of medical procedures. The irresponsibility is astounding. My thoughts are with the Secret Service forced to play.

Along with a rambling video released on Sunday, the second one he has made from Walter Reed medical center, some have argued that Trump's strange actions and behavior may be due to his steroid treatment.

Various medical experts have pointed out that steroids can cause mania or psychosis.

“The thing about steroids is they can have psychiatric side effects at almost any dose,” said Dr. J. Michael Bostwick, a psychiatrist with the Mayo Clinic, told the New York Times.

Coronavirus Updates: Trump, On Steroids, Starts Day Four In Hospital With All-Caps Tweetstorm

Walter Reed doctor said they would.
Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary Presidential ‘drive-by’ just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die. For political theater,” Dr. James Phillips, an attending physician at Walter Reed and doctor of emergency medicine at George Washington University, said via Twitter on Sunday.
I am not sure he is the one in charge .

Besides, the SS are with the president 24/7. So do they all have to quarantine for 14 days, at the end of every shift?

Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary Presidential ‘drive-by’ just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die. For political theater,” Dr. James Phillips, an attending physician at Walter Reed and doctor of emergency medicine at George Washington University, said via Twitter on Sunday.
James Phillips is a non-military doctor. He's not one of the doctors involved in the care of President Trump. I'd like to hear what one of the physicians who ARE involved with his care, know his condition, know the specifics of the vehicle used in the ride, and know what precautions were taken, have to say. Have any of them said everyone in the vehicle has to be quarantined for 14 days or are we just hearing the opinion of this physician from from George Washington University.

From a medical stand this was not a good decision. The leader of the world has a communicable disease, possibly fatal. He is hospitalized, being monitore 24/7 heart/oxygen. How is monitoring happening inside a vehicle?

I've not seen information stating he is hooked up to monitoring 24/7. I'm sure WR is following standard of care protocols for vital signs/assessments appropriate for his medical condition.

He's not in an ICU state of care. Per the PC, the doctors want him up and moving around.

Moo....

Was this information on his personal Twitter account or was he speaking officially on behalf of Walter Reed Hospital? That's important to know. If the former, it is just his personal opinion. If the latter, then that would be good to know and there should be a link from the hospital stating such, but I have not seen any such statement by the hospital or anyone else.

WOW!!!!

This just blew my mind. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE ARTICLES ^^^, every one of them,

is built around the same exact quite, by the same doctor, saying how outrageously irresponsible he was, but also giving out erroneous misleading information about the drive.

Does any one else feel bothered that the entire globe was sent out the same exact severely critical quote, falsely describing the actions of our President?

That concerns me tremendously. India, the UK, Israel, China, Australia, they ALL got this quote:

“Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary Presidential “drive-by” just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die. For political theater. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theater. This is insanity.”

“That Presidential SUV is not only bulletproof, but hermetically sealed against chemical attack. The risk of COVID19 transmission inside is as high as it gets outside of medical procedures. The irresponsibility is astounding. My thoughts are with the Secret Service forced to play.”

But NONE of the articles had the following info:

@SharylAttkisson

Did you know: 1. President's limo doesn't always drive around "hermetically sealed"? It has capability to cut off outside air. 2. There's glass partition between masked Trump & front seat masked agents? 3. Fresh air enters thru series of high efficiency filters? #TheMoreYouKnow
Quote Tweet

GU1Gda7O_normal.jpg

Dr. James P. Phillips, MD

@DrPhillipsMD
· 16h
That Presidential SUV is not only bulletproof, but hermetically sealed against chemical attack. The risk of COVID19 transmission inside is as high as it gets outside of medical procedures. The irresponsibility is astounding. My thoughts are with the Secret Service forced to play.

This happens all the time, the media in other countries pick up MSM in the U.S. and just repeats the narrative. Since we don't live in those countries, we don't see the media that challenges those stories, but they exist (except for China, of course, which has only government media).

Last edited:
Dr. James Phillips, an attending physician at Walter Reed, tweeted "Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary Presidential 'drive-by' just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die. For political theater. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theater. This is insanity," he added.

Phillips has been an attending physician for almost three years at Walter Reed medical center and is also a board certified emergency medicine physician and assistant professor at George Washington University Hospital in Washington, D.C.

“That Presidential SUV is not only bulletproof, but hermetically sealed against chemical attack. The risk of COVID19 transmission inside is as high as it gets outside of medical procedures. The irresponsibility is astounding. My thoughts are with the Secret Service forced to play,” Phillips tweeted.

Walter Reed attending physician slams Trump motorcade photo op: "The irresponsibility is astounding"
This doctors description of the limo is ridiculous. It is actually misleading.

@SharylAttkisson
Investigative reporter

I don't think this physician is a decision maker, or consultant/medical director for the Secret Service. I feel confident the SS has protocols in place.

Moo....

I agree that Trump would be given whatever medications he needs in order to treat the symptoms, and attempt to prevent worsening health.

Would they give him dextamethazone without seeing concerning symptoms? I don't think so. It has some serious risks and side effects and would only be given if necessary. It's not something that a responsible doctor would give to prevent symptoms, because it can't prevent sysmptoms. It can actually suppress the immune system, so it wouldn't be given unless absolutely needed. We heard that Trumps O2 levels dropped twice. Dex was probably given in response to that symptom.

Dex can also give a person (or, from my career experience, an animal) a real buzz of energy and make them feel a lot better.

From the article :

CBS News medical contributor Dr. David Agus said Sunday that Mr. Trump is on the "strongest medicines shown to have benefit, which are monoclonal antibodies, remdesivir and dexamethasone." But, Agus cautioned, dexamethasone is a "very potent steroid that can have brain effects."

"There can be a manic behavior associated with dexamethasone, so certainly important that we understand that," Agus said Sunday. "Dexamethasone is a very strong medicine. When used early in this infection, it can actually make it worse by blocking immune function. When used late, it can treat significant pulmonary inflammation, which I assume he has."

What we know about President Trump's treatment for COVID-19 so far

It’s a not uncommon asthma medication that millions take. Everything has the potential for side effects. COVID is worse than the risk of most side effects.

If his condition was that serious, he would not be riding around in a car.

This doctors description of the limo is ridiculous. It is actually misleading.

@SharylAttkisson
Investigative reporter

Yes. It just makes sense. The president has a lot of private conversations that aren’t for those in the front seat.

I happen to disagree.

There is no reason for any of those families to feel disrespected. His quick trip to wave at his supporters so they could see that he was feeling stronger and to thank them for their support. And to assure the country that he was on the mend.

It was not a slap in anyone's face. In my opinion.
I agree. I see it as a gesture of reassurance... i.e., he's not deathly ill, and as the President who has a job to do, he's not quitting. Stay strong.

I am sorry, but this doctor sounds unhinged when he says:

“Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary Presidential 'drive-by' just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die. For political theater. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theater. This is insanity..."

HYPERBOLE?

First of all, it was the attending doctors that allowed the POTUS to make that trip. I assume the doctor at Walter Reed that is treating the President, knows what he is doing. *

Second, the agents are behind a glass partition, and separated from the President in the back seat, and they were decked out fully in PPE.*

And they had the air on recycle, and not hermetically sealed.

So I doubt these agents are going to drop dead from that car ride.

I think the partisan political divide is responsible for some of the over the top reactions from some of these medical experts. JMO

*The President’s doctors approved his drive-by supporters outside the hospital this afternoon. “The movement was cleared by the medical team as safe to do,” @JuddPDeere45 tells CBS News. “Appropriate precautions were taken” to protect the Pres and all supporting his motorcade.

*Sharyl Attkisson: “Did you know:1. President’s limo doesn’t always drive around “hermetically sealed”? It has capability to cut off outside air. 2. There’s glass partition between masked Trump & front seat masked agents?3. Fresh air enters thru series of high efficiency filters? #TheMoreYouKnow”

Yes. It seems hyperbolic. But I think it’s more than partisan divide. These medical experts have fought a losing battle trying hard to convince people of the seriousness of this disease and how to take basic safety precautions. They’re super frustrated. They know the reality of the disease more than anyone. And they know that the optics of the almost always maskless president driving around looking hale and hearty does damage to their quest to educate the public.

I think if the president had otherwise acted as a responsible role model during this pandemic people like that would tone down the hyperbole. Especially given the importance of showing the world the president is not failing.

It’s like they feel they have to make things as grave as possible to convince people to do the right thing.

I don’t think it helps. Just as kids reject the hyperbole of becoming homeless and having babies with deformities if you smoke a joint, people are going to reject this. It backfires.

As an additional note, I hope that Rep Sierra (iirc, a person outspoken against masks) has a positive outcome. So sad he is intubated....

BNO Newsroom@BNODesk
Arizona state Rep. Lorenzo Sierra (D) has been hospitalized with COVID-19 after a visit to Washington, D.C. after visiting family in Washington Sept 27th. He's intubated in the ICU at Johns Hopkins University
(His wife is also positive)

Instead of responding, do want to say a MOO without such.

I do hope, and is my primary wish, that our President of the United States is taking care of his health. As we have seen with so many through the science, things are *iffy* and usually go south (if they do) within the period of 7-10 days post infection.

I do hope for his health, our economy, our national safety that he helps himself to those that know best. I do hope that throwing the *kitchen sink* at him is successful.

I do hope that the Regeneron (analagous to convalescent plasma, but replicated in lab) helped to knock down the virus PRIOR to initiation of what a large viral load could do with cytokines

I do hope they are keeping a close eye on his D-dimer levels and ferritin (I'm sure they are)

I do hope that the Remdesivir infusions will mirror a shorter hospitalisation stay (which normally was only for moderate/severe and reduced hospitalization 3-4 days... from average of 12 days.. but that usually was ONLY given to folks who had different circumstances and PRIOR was only for moderate to severe.. yet the day after Trump was dx FDA approved for all in the EUA)

I do hope the steroids are successful (which normally were ONLY given in situations of inflammation)

Last edited:
Anyone who has any experience with Infectious Diseases knows that allowing a Covid Patient to travel thru a Hospital in a cloth mask is absolutely appalling. I don't care who you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia