Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A greasy young guy (20s) came into the library today without a mask and asked to use the computer, scanner, and printer. I said yes but that he was required to wear a mask. He grumbled about it, saying he had an immune system, as I handed him one out of my personal stash of disposable surgical masks. His response was, “I miss America.”

I do, too, buddy - the America where the proper response to an act of kindness is “Thank you.”

MOO The OP @mickey2942 was not referring to Remdesivir which is mentioned as the drug (common now for folks getting these days MOO), but the OP was talking about the "special cocktail" that included Regeneron.

"Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who has been hospitalized for COVID-19 for nearly a week, told CNN that doctors have prescribed him remdesivir, an anti-viral drug that President Donald Trump took while he was recently hospitalized with the coronavirus."

MOO The OP @mickey2942 was not referring to Remdesivir which is mentioned as the drug (common now for folks getting these days MOO), but the OP was talking about the "special cocktail" that included Regeneron.

"Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who has been hospitalized for COVID-19 for nearly a week, told CNN that doctors have prescribed him remdesivir, an anti-viral drug that President Donald Trump took while he was recently hospitalized with the coronavirus."

By the way, my friend's mother was recently diagnosed with Covid, and has severe pneumonia. She is 75 years old. True story, she was in the ER, they told her to go home, no meds were prescribed. Woman, age 75, on Medicare.

Sorry, no MSM article. This is the reality for so many people who are diagnosed with Covid. Added link, that outlines, basically, there is no treatment...for most people.

Coronavirus Diagnosis: What Should I Expect?

By the way, my friend's mother was recently diagnosed with Covid, and has severe pneumonia. She is 75 years old. True story, she was in the ER, they told her to go home, no meds were prescribed. Woman, age 75, on Medicare.

Sorry, no MSM article. This is the reality for so many people who are diagnosed with Covid.

What reason on earth would they give as to support their decision to send her home? Can they not demand such for her to be admitted? I hope she has gotten a pulse oximeter to force the situation. I'm surprised media isn't following some of those local cases to tout such happenings and inequities.

So sorry to hear this, and best wishes to your friend's mom for her recovery.

What reason on earth would they give as to support their decision to send her home? Can they not demand such for her to be admitted? I hope she has gotten a pulse oximeter to force the situation. I'm surprised media isn't following some of those local cases to tout such happenings and inequities.

So sorry to hear this, and best wishes to your friend's mom for her recovery.

"Viral pneumonia, such as from COVID-19, cannot be treated with antibiotics"

So, basically, I guess that the "memo" is that if you have a Covid diagnosis in Montana, you are not going to get any fancy meds from the East Coast. Go home, take some Tylenol.

Is this link available to everyone?
https://twitter.com/i/events/1314563326869987329?s=21

My anecdotal evidence supports this.

I believe it did. Right after New Year my son got very ill. He is never sick, never ever sick. He went to the doctor who had no idea what he had. They thought it was the flu. She gave him flu medication...that did not work. Then he went to different pharmacies to see if they had a different flu medicine. Sometime pharmacist have better ideas about drugs then doctors. Nothing worked. He had all the symptoms of Covid. His good health saved his butt along with the fact the place he worked with lied to him and said he had no vacation time. Well the PR person found he had almost 3 weeks to use up or lose. The day he started his vacation he got sick. He slept and slept.....was in bed most of the time....never ever goes to bed. He only got up to eat to keep some food in him. Finally 3 weeks later he was able to go back to work. Still with a minor cough. Then when Covid came out....he, his dad and I were listening and we all said almost at the same time....Covid.
Now with that...neither my husband or I got it. Of course my son who lives with us has his own bathroom, bedroom and study.....so he was away from us. He is the best son ever....he did not want to get near me because I have a rare autoimmune issue....only know of 2 medications I can take and am allergic to everything. So he stayed clear of me.

He talked to a different doctor about this a month ago and this doctor thinks my son had Covid too.

Son said at the time he had it a number of people at the place he USED to work were calling in sick. Until he quit 3 months later, people were calling in sick. Some quit because the place was not believing them.
Sometimes the company would make them come in only to send them home again.
This is a terrible virus....is has been here before we knew about it.

The public may not have known about when they did except for we now have internet, technology, get the news quicker, ask more questions....I believe all governments would have hid this virus longer if they could have. Media can be a pain but this time they were a saving Grace in one way. JMOO

"Viral pneumonia, such as from COVID-19, cannot be treated with antibiotics"

So, basically, I guess that the "memo" is that if you have a Covid diagnosis in Montana, you are not going to get any fancy meds from the East Coast. Go home, take some Tylenol.

Yes, nothing worked for my son given by the medical community. I had him take some Vitamin B, C and D and Alleve for headache.

I believe it did. Right after New Year my son got very ill. He is never sick, never ever sick. He went to the doctor who had no idea what he had. They thought it was the flu. She gave him flu medication...that did not work. Then he went to different pharmacies to see if they had a different flu medicine. Sometime pharmacist have better ideas about drugs then doctors. Nothing worked. He had all the symptoms of Covid. His good health saved his butt along with the fact the place he worked with lied to him and said he had no vacation time. Well the PR person found he had almost 3 weeks to use up or lose. The day he started his vacation he got sick. He slept and slept.....was in bed most of the time....never ever goes to bed. He only got up to eat to keep some food in him. Finally 3 weeks later he was able to go back to work. Still with a minor cough. Then when Covid came out....he, his dad and I were listening and we all said almost at the same time....Covid.
Now with that...neither my husband or I got it. Of course my son who lives with us has his own bathroom, bedroom and study.....so he was away from us. He is the best son ever....he did not want to get near me because I have a rare autoimmune issue....only know of 2 medications I can take and am allergic to everything. So he stayed clear of me.

He talked to a different doctor about this a month ago and this doctor thinks my son had Covid too.

Son said at the time he had it a number of people at the place he USED to work were calling in sick. Until he quit 3 months later, people were calling in sick. Some quit because the place was not believing them.

The public may not have known about when they did except for we now have internet, technology, get the news quicker, ask more questions....I believe all governments would have hid this virus longer if they could have. Media can be a pain but this time they were a saving Grace in one way. JMOO

That is pretty much the same experience my friend had in February. She went to Seattle for Valentine's Day. She came back, and was super sick. Deathly ill. She stayed home for a week, and was told she had to come in. She dragged herself to work, and seriously looked like death warmed over. Even now, she gets hot flashes and chills, she says it feels like she is going through menopause again!

My Mom, in Vegas, totally had Covid in January. She thought it was Bronchitis. When I talked to her, I thought she was coughing up a lung.

Neither of them have had an antibody test. But I am pretty sure that they had Covid.

Anecdotally: I can recall last November/December being surprised by the number of members, of various forums I follow, reporting bad "flu" and thinking at the time, that's very early in the winter for all this illness.

I'm so glad your son recovered and you and your husband didn't get it! My daughter was also very sick in Jan with Covid-19 like symptoms. She went to the doctor and they said it was most likely the flu (she'd had her flu shot but we all know they're not 100% effective). They treated her with Tamiflu. She was sick for a full two weeks but recovered thankfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cav4queen