Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, some folks may not understand the nuances of November being the earliest that the vaccines being available through an EUA and how starkly different an EAU type distribution is from being "widely distributed by the time we get into the third quarter of 2021".

Some may think that what he was referring to as EAU type allowances is the same as the beginning of a widespread planned (optimistic) third quarter roll out to the general public.

MOO

BTW - With the pauses by Regeneron and Eli Lilly, this date has at least moved once to a later date which would be the soonest they could apply for EAU IIRC.
Its clear that he believes that a vaccine, or possibly more than one will be available from Nov or Dec with distribution complete by 3rd quarter 2021. I don't see how that can be misunderstood. He's talking about the US and he must be in a position to know. IMO it means they may be approaching the end of some P3 trials.

Vaccine news UK

When will a Covid-19 vaccine be ready in the UK? Latest updates from around the world

Vaccines undergoing trials at Oxford University and in Germany are the most likely candidates to be ready this year, experts have said, but there are also candidates being tested in the US, Russia and China.

However, the head of the UK's vaccine taskforce has warned that a jab is likely to be only 50 per cent effective. Kate Bingham said any vaccine capable of immunising against the coronavirus will likely only be as effective as the flu vaccine.

Vaccine news EU

Pfizer, BioNTech Race to Meet Global Covid-19 Vaccine Needs

MAINZ, Germany—The chief executive of the German company partnering with Pfizer Inc. in its coronavirus vaccine effort said the two are racing to increase production to meet the world’s needs, assuming the shot wins a regulatory green light.

The two companies are now scrambling to scale up their manufacturing capacities, said Ugur Sahin, CEO of BioNTech SE. Both companies said they are confident they will be able to deliver all the doses they have already agreed to provide to governments, including the U.S. and the European Union.

BioNTech and Pfizer are among a handful of companies in advanced stages of testing their vaccine. They committed to supplying over 450 million doses this year and next year, contingent on late-stage trials showing the vaccine to be safe and effective, and governments give the go-ahead for its use.

The U.S. government placed an initial order of 100 million doses, with the option to purchase 500 million additional doses. The EU ordered 200 million doses with an option for another 100 million. The government of Japan ordered 120 million and Britain ordered 30 million.

More at links

Last edited:
I think what the WHO is trying to say is that lockdowns are not a solution to the problem; they are a symptom of the problem. The problem is the failure to control spread through the population using known, well established mechanisms until things become dire enough to require drastic measures.

Lockdowns are a consequence of inaction/insufficient action, not an answer.
exactly. Lockdowns can never be out of the toolbox, but major steps and actions are the solution.
Possibly Christie is on the "Friend or family of President Trump" health plan? After all, he was infected at WH events...

i know, right? It is expected.......... but when they say don't be afraid of it, and suggest masks don't work......... but they can through millions of dollars for treatment personally. At some point, this is extraordinarily unfair.

exactly. Lockdowns can never be out of the toolbox, but major steps and actions are the solution.

i know, right? It is expected.......... but when they say don't be afraid of it, and suggest masks don't work......... but they can through millions of dollars for treatment personally. At some point, this is extraordinarily unfair.
In prior link, Regeneron stated only 10 people have had their monoclonal treatment including Trump. But Christie did not have that one, he had the Eli Lilly one that was withdrawn so your statement about millions for personal treatment is wrong. Unless you have a link.

[URL='https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/521320-great-barrington-mass-comes-out-against-great-barrington-declaration']A small town in the Berkshire Mountains of Massachusetts has come out against a declaration made in its name by economists and scientists who advocate for a so-called “herd immunity” strategy to get through the coronavirus pandemic.[/URL]
The statement was named for Great Barrington, Mass., home to the American Institute for Economic Research, a libertarian think tank that convened its authors.

In an interview Wednesday, Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Prevention at the University of Minnesota, called the Great Barrington Declaration “a dangerous mix of pixie dust and pseudoscience.”

Great Barrington, the city, is siding with the public health experts rather than its hometown think tank.

Anyone who might avoid Great Barrington, due to confusion over the Declaration, is invited to visit and see how Covid-safe works in a small New England town,” the statement says.

Its conclusion: “Please wear a mask.”

Town of Great Barrington, Mass., comes out against Great Barrington Declaration

Here in Latvia we have to start wearing our masks again.... second wave has hit!
Keep safe Niner. We have been listening to our radio, hearing all the things we cannot do between the different tier levels in the UK. Nobody can follow it. Even the BBC expert had trouble explaining whether what callers wanted to do was legal. So many anomalies.

Last edited:
This is a direct MSM link to the Spectator interview with the WHO's Dr. David Nabarro, for those who like to hear it from the horse's mouth.

Twitter

Keep safe Niner. We have been listening to our radio, hearing all the things we cannot do between the different tier levels in the UK. Nobody can follow it. Even the BBC expert had trouble explaining whether what callers wanted to do was legal. So many anomalies.

Well - I just go to the grocery store & back - don't plan on throwing any big parties!! LOL! :D
Went to get my notes for WS hearings/trials at a internet shop (my printer broke! :( ) - and they required masks. Also on the way back home stopped at the grocery store & everyone was wearing masks - so glad I had mine in my purse!

So far so good on staying safe & healthy!!

Well - I just go to the grocery store & back - don't plan on throwing any big parties!! LOL! :D
Went to get my notes for WS hearings/trials at a internet shop (my printer broke! :( ) - and they required masks. Also on the way back home stopped at the grocery store & everyone was wearing masks - so glad I had mine in my purse!

So far so good on staying safe & healthy!!

Here in New Jersey, we've been under mandatory mask wearing since mid-March. :(

Chris Christie: "There was no contact tracing done with me" by White House

"Well, I know that there was no contact tracing done with me. My contact tracing was done by my local county board of health (New Jersey). They called me while I was in the hospital to contact trace and make sure they have all that information, and I hope so,” he said when asked whether there was extensive White House contact tracing.

He blamed political polarization for the mixed wearing of masks in the US.

Christie expressed regret, reiterating his statement that it was a “big mistake” not to wear a mask while he was at the White House for debate prep and the Amy Coney Barrett nomination event and made a push for leaders to “be even more affirmative” about mask usage.

“It was a mistake. You know, I was led to believe that, you know, all the people that I was interacting with at the White House had been tested and it gave you a false sense of security, and it was a mistake. You know I've been so careful for seven months because of my asthma, wearing masks, washing my hands, social distancing and for seven months, I was able to avoid the virus and one of the worst hit states in the country in New Jersey. But I let my guard down. And it was wrong, it was just a big mistake,” he said.

“I let my guard down for a couple of days inside the White House grounds, and it costs me in a significant way,” he added.

Ex-N.J. Gov. Chris Christie says White House didn’t contact trace him after COVID-19 infection

Very interesting. From the article.

"In the instance of Emergency Use Authorization in the U.S. for a potential COVID-19 vaccine, FDA is requiring that companies provide two months of safety data on half of the trial participants following the final dose of the vaccine. Based on our current trial enrollment and dosing pace, we estimate we will reach this milestone in the third week of November."

Ex-N.J. Gov. Chris Christie says White House didn’t contact trace him after COVID-19 infection

“I heard the president say last night that he has no problem with masks,” Christie said Friday morning, referencing an NBC town hall. “I think he should be even more affirmative about it.

”We need to be telling people there is no down side to be wearing masks. In fact, there can be a great deal of upside. We need to be honest with the American people. We should be very affirmative. Put your masks on and be safe."

Christie said he spoke with Trump multiple times while he was in the hospital and since he returned home, and he called on leaders of all parties to strongly endorse wearing masks, while not directly criticizing the president’s repeated mixed messaging on the topic.

“This virus, and the common sense steps to try to protect each other, can help to bring the country together," Christie said. "This is not a partisan issue. This is not something that should divide us.”

“No matter what you’re doing, you should have a mask on and you should stay social distant from folks," Christie said. "I did it for seven months. I stayed healthy. I didn’t do it for four days (at the White House) and I wound up in the ICU.”

"Well, I know that there was no contact tracing done with me. My contact tracing was done by my local county board of health (New Jersey). They called me while I was in the hospital to contact trace and make sure they have all that information, and I hope so,” he said when asked whether there was extensive White House contact tracing.

Christie expressed regret, reiterating his statement that it was a “big mistake” not to wear a mask while he was at the White House for debate prep and the Amy Coney Barrett nomination event and made a push for leaders to “be even more affirmative” about mask usage.

“It was a mistake. You know, I was led to believe that, you know, all the people that I was interacting with at the White House had been tested and it gave you a false sense of security, and it was a mistake. You know I've been so careful for seven months because of my asthma, wearing masks, washing my hands, social distancing and for seven months, I was able to avoid the virus and one of the worst hit states in the country in New Jersey. But I let my guard down. And it was wrong, it was just a big mistake,” he said.

“I let my guard down for a couple of days inside the White House grounds, and it costs me in a significant way,” he added.

I didn't know that the employer had to do the contact tracing. I thought contact tracers were independent.

Last edited:

“I heard the president say last night that he has no problem with masks,” Christie said Friday morning, referencing an NBC town hall. “I think he should be even more affirmative about it.

”We need to be telling people there is no down side to be wearing masks. In fact, there can be a great deal of upside. We need to be honest with the American people. We should be very affirmative. Put your masks on and be safe."

Christie said he spoke with Trump multiple times while he was in the hospital and since he returned home, and he called on leaders of all parties to strongly endorse wearing masks, while not directly criticizing the president’s repeated mixed messaging on the topic.

“This virus, and the common sense steps to try to protect each other, can help to bring the country together," Christie said. "This is not a partisan issue. This is not something that should divide us.”

“No matter what you’re doing, you should have a mask on and you should stay social distant from folks," Christie said. "I did it for seven months. I stayed healthy. I didn’t do it for four days (at the White House) and I wound up in the ICU.”

A great example of "social distancing" due to the Cornavirus?:D:p

Its clear that he believes that a vaccine, or possibly more than one will be available from Nov or Dec with distribution complete by 3rd quarter 2021. I don't see how that can be misunderstood. He's talking about the US and he must be in a position to know. IMO it means they may be approaching the end of some P3 trials.
Then, of course, there is the time frame of getting a vaccine to the "commoners."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
extremevertigo