Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #97

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know y'all here are paying attention. These #'s are only going to go Higher & Higher for at least the rest of August. Especially the Deaths/Day. I had predicted 1,000/Day by end of August, which seemed pessimistic. But at this pace, we'll probably hit that in the next couple of weeks.

Wednesday August 4, 2021 - New Cases: 112,253 - Deaths - 656

United States COVID: 36,176,445 Cases and 631,299 Deaths - Worldometer

I think by Friday we'll be at 750 Deaths.

Has there been anything in your news...that comments on AMERICANS coming over to get boosters???

Americans need to be vaccinated before entering Canada. I'm not sure that there is any reason to come to Canada for a vaccination since the US had an earlier start to their vaccine program and there is no shortage of vaccines in the US.

But, if there was a need, yes, an unvaccinated American in Canada could get a vaccine at a mass clinic.

and they don't keep a record of those people??

Yes, they keep a record of all people who have been vaccinated. Most are recorded under their Health Card number, unless they have no card. If no card, they are recorded by name with identification such as a driver's license, refugee and immigration card, etc. If no ID, then by name and address ... if homeless, nameless and no ID or health card, then I don't know how they are recorded, but I could find out.

Americans need to be vaccinated before entering Canada. I'm not sure that there is any reason to come to Canada for a vaccination since the US had an earlier start to their vaccine program and there is no shortage of vaccines in the US.

But, if there was a need, yes, an unvaccinated American in Canada could get a vaccine at a mass clinic.
Boosters are not allowed in the US as of yet. So the reason would be to get the third dose.

16 and 17 year olds will NOT need parental consent to get Covid vaccines, health chiefs reveal | Daily Mail Online

16 and 17 year olds will NOT need parental consent to get Covid vaccines: 1.4million teenagers to get Pfizer jab 'as soon as possible' as health chiefs open door to inoculating all over-12s
  • JCVI today recommended that 16 and 17-year-olds should receive the Covid vaccine after reviewing the data
  • Officials close to the programme said children would be able to give consent without parental approval
  • Boris Johnson today called on families to listen to the advice from No10's top scientists

Thank goodness that's the UK. Allowing my teenager to consent to a non-FDA approved vaccine from which everyone is immune from liability is definitely the hill I would die on.

Canada is working on letting in US fully vaccinated citizens on Monday (9th Aug), and other vaccinated foreign nationals on 1st September.

COVID-19: Entering Canada requirements checklist – Travel restrictions in Canada – Travel.gc.ca

There is a little hiccup though ... Canadian Border Forces intend to strike.

A PSAC news release says travelers "should expect long lineups and lengthy delays at border crossings and airports."
“Our members at CBSA have been on the front lines throughout the pandemic, and many have contracted COVID-19 while working”
“Now it’s time for the government to step up for them the way they’ve stepped up for Canadians.”
Canada border travel could see delays due to employee strike

I've been to Canada once, skiing, and it was so freaking cold I've never had any desire to go back. Not really sure who goes there from the US. Maybe it impacts commercial trucking for the most part...idk

I've been to Canada once, skiing, and it was so freaking cold I've never had any desire to go back. Not really sure who goes there from the US. Maybe it impacts commercial trucking for the most part...idk

Yes, it's freaking cold. Nobody comes to Canada. That's why we don't need to spend billions on defence and why we can afford a publicly funded health care system.

Yes, it's freaking cold. Nobody comes to Canada. That's why we don't need to spend billions on defence and why we can afford a publicly funded health care system.

Exactly! I've never been so miserably freezing in my life lol

Loads of US border residents cross into Canada (pre-covid). Some for work, many for play, some to get duty free alcohol for their homes, some to buy fuel for their car when it is advantageously priced, some to stay for weeks in summer cottages they may own or rent.

When I lived on the US border I crossed into Canada a lot ... for concerts, great food, sightseeing, shopping ... sometimes for a day trip, sometimes for a long weekend, sometimes to visit friends. Such a beautiful place.

Boosters are not allowed in the US as of yet. So the reason would be to get the third dose.
I work in healthcare and we were just talking about how easy it would be to get a third shot in the US. The only way it might be caught at all would be if someone showed up at the same place (say, CVS or Walgreens) for all 3 shots. Even then, I’m not sure they would catch it. There are plenty of places you just show up and say you have no insurance. It really wouldn’t be difficult if you wanted a third one.

I work in healthcare and we were just talking about how easy it would be to get a third shot in the US. The only way it might be caught at all would be if someone showed up at the same place (say, CVS or Walgreens) for all 3 shots. Even then, I’m not sure they would catch it. There are plenty of places you just show up and say you have no insurance. It really wouldn’t be difficult if you wanted a third one.
There is a database of vaccinated people the pharmacist can look you up at.

I really don't understand the thinking behind schools opening unless every student is vaccinated.

I realize children do not experience severe symptoms at the same rate adults and the elderly do, but they can still catch and transmit the virus. Those children will be in contact with other kids throughout the day and then go home to parents and grandparents.

It seems nonsensical for all of us to get vaccinated and wear our masks when we're intentionally NOT vaccinating kids and then we're grouping them in classrooms/playgrounds, etc.

I don't know what percentage of the population kids under 12 are, but we very likely can't reach 70% vaccination rates unless we include them.

In my county, we have only a 46% vaccination rate. Yet, our over-65 vaccination rate is 86%.

Our over-18 rate is 58%.

So, it's the kids and young adults bringing our rates down.

JMOO--but by throwing all those unvaccinated kids together in schools, we're going to see them bringing Delta (and other variants) home and then breakthrough cases of the vaccinated will rise.

JMOO and all that.

Yes, this would work. There is no comprehensive database so far. Individual clinics do keep records of those they immunize, however.

No, he wasn't vaccinated. (He lived in Warwick Farm, in the Liverpool council area of Sydney, NSW).
He was just married 3 months ago, didn't drink, didn't smoke, played soccer, had no underlying conditions. He came to Australia 10 years ago as a refugee from Iraq.

Covid death of Sydney man Aude Alaskar, 27, prompts calls for young people to get vaccinated
Sydney's youngest COVID-19 victim 'just got married a few months ago'

But he wasn't eligible for vaccination until very recently thou due to our appalling vaccine roll out :rolleyes:

He was day 13 into his quarantine. ATAGI( Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation ) said on the 24/7/21 the following

All individuals aged 18 years and above in greater Sydney, including adults under 60 years of age, should strongly consider getting vaccinated with any available vaccine including COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca. This is on the basis of the increasing risk of COVID-19 and ongoing constraints of Comirnaty (Pfizer) supplies. In addition, people in areas where outbreaks are occurring can receive the second dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine 4 to 8 weeks after the first dose, rather than the usual 12 weeks, to bring forward optimal protection.

He wasn't eligible for Pfizer either

Our teen's & 20's are getting infected ( and a lot ending up in ICU ) but for them it is so hard to get a vaccine.

Even if he managed to get the 1st shot of AZ , he still wouldn't have been covered...............just so sad & to die at home so suddenly is just horrific :(

His wife was disability worker ( unvaccinated ) even thou she would have been in the a1 priority frontline worker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayellekay