Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #98

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be good to see the information on how volunteers experienced the third booster shots so we know more about the side-effects. I don't have a link, but a few weeks ago I saw someone on MSM who had been involved in these clinical trials and he said that he had really strong side-effects with the third booster shoot in the trials, and that he pulled out just before the trial for a fourth booster shot. This is just one person so is anecdotal, but it would be good to see the literature on the clinical trials of the third booster shots.

I agree- I would like to know about reactions to the third shot--- admittedly I am concerned- I was concerned about the first two shots- but I had them because I am much more worried about conracting Covid.

I agree- I would like to know about reactions to the third shot--- admittedly I am concerned- I was concerned about the first two shots- but I had them because I am much more worried about conracting Covid.

My sentiments, as well. DH and I had Pfizer vaccine in early and late March. This would make us eligible for boosters in late November. By that time, there should be data available indicating the safety and efficacy of a third dose.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toro...ccinated-against-covid-19-by-oct-22-1.6148511

Toronto's University Health Network says staff who are unvaccinated against COVID-19 will be fired if they don't get fully immunized by Oct. 22.

In an emailed statement to CBC News, the network says it is asking its more than 900 staff members who have not indicated their vaccination status or have not been immunized to get their first shot by Sept. 8, allowing them to get their second shot by Oct. 8. It normally takes two weeks for a person getting a COVID-19 shot to be fully immune to the novel coronavirus.

After that, staff members who are not vaccinated will be placed on unpaid leave for two weeks, UHN said. After the end of that period, if staff are still not immunized, "their employment at UHN will end." ...

UHN, which is affiliated with the University of Toronto, includes Toronto General Hospital, the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN.

Mask, vaccine conflicts descend into violence and harassment (clickondetroit.com)

PHOENIX – The Hawaii lieutenant governor watched in horror as protesters showed up outside his condo, yelled at him through bullhorns and beamed strobe lights into the building to harass him over vaccine requirements.

A parent in Northern California barged into his daughter's elementary school and punched a teacher in the face over mask rules. At a school in Texas, a parent ripped a mask off a teacher's face during a “Meet the Teacher” event.

A Missouri hospital leader was approached in a parking garage this week by a man from Alabama who handed him papers accusing him of “crimes against humanity,” and it was not the only in-your-face encounter over vaccines and masks. School board members, county commissioners, doctors and local leaders are regularly confronted at meetings and in public with angry taunts that compare them to the Taliban, Nazis, Marxists and the leaders of Japanese internment camps.

Across the country, anti-vaccine and anti-mask demonstrations are taking scary and violent turns, and educators, medical professionals and public figures have been stunned at the level at which they have been vilified for even stating their opinion. And they have been terrified over how far protesters will go in confronting leaders outside their homes and in their workplaces...

COVID vaccination rates by state: Where most people are hesitant

Here is a map of states and rates of vaccinations in each state. Just scroll down a bit to see a map of the states. It is very interesting to me for example that Florida has 62% of vaccinated people, while Michigan has 55%, and yet Florida is overwhelmed with cases, so why is that? IMO it is not just the rate of vaccinations, but the behavior of the citizens of that state. For example, Florida, because of DeSantis has been open and just doing anything they feel like for months and months, long before Delta showed up. We were kind of wondering why Florida seemed to have a low percentage of cases, and then Delta showed up and their cases skyrocketed-- so it is not just the percentage of vaccinations but the behavior of the populace in that state. No masking, dining in with crowds and going to bars and crowded events-- and a combination of not enough of the populace being vaccinated is a perfect storm for what we are seeing in various states. With schools starting now, this is going to get so much worse.
I wonder if the huge number of older adults who have retired to Florida might play a part in the large number of those hospitalized, along with the behavior of the citizens of course. ?

Most people I know who got the mRNA vaccine were sick for about 36 hours afterwards, including me, and this was anticipated and planned for. It was quite common for many people over 60+. On the vaccination thread, many of us reported our experiences.

None of my close friends had significant problems after being vaccinated. My DIL was pretty sick for 36 hours, though.

Monoclonal antibody treatment orders rapidly increasing in COVID surge states

Federal health officials have seen a "significant increase" in the ordering of monoclonal antibodies in recent weeks with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services telling ABC News orders have increased by more than 1,200%.

More than three-quarters of those orders are going to the regions in the country with low vaccination rates and states currently getting clobbered hardest by COVID's surge -- and where intensive care unit capacities are most strained. Sick COVID patients lie on floor at antibody treatment site in Florida :eek:

*Something good out of Florida*
AANzSN3.img
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis held a press conference announcing a monoclonal antibody site at the old Bonita Springs Library, Aug. 20, 2021.

Last edited:
It would be good to see the information on how volunteers experienced the third booster shots so we know more about the side-effects. I don't have a link, but a few weeks ago I saw someone on MSM who had been involved in these clinical trials and he said that he had really strong side-effects with the third booster shoot in the trials, and that he pulled out just before the trial for a fourth booster shot. This is just one person so is anecdotal, but it would be good to see the literature on the clinical trials of the third booster shots.

I wonder if the huge number of older adults who have retired to Florida might play a part in the large number of those hospitalized, along with the behavior of the citizens of course. ?

From what I have heard the people who are hospitalized are younger and un-vaccinated. Of course we don't know for sure.

Opinion | Dying in the Name of Vaccine Freedom

The video was made in Mountain Home, Arkansas, and "explores one of the main reasons the number of Covid cases is soaring once again in the United States: vaccine hesitancy and refusal."

"Mountain Home — like the United States as a whole — is caught in a tug of war between private liberty and public health. But Mr. Stockton suggests that unless government upholds its duty to protect Americans, keeping the common good in mind, this may be a battle with no end."

Hospitals fear becoming overwhelmed again as Utah COVID-19 cases continue to surge

This article finally has a beginning of the statistics I have been looking for, how many vaccinated people are hospitalized, and how many vaccinated people died.

"Of the cases confirmed Friday, 265 were confirmed breakthrough cases, meaning the person had been fully vaccinated. Four additional hospitalizations were among breakthrough patients, and three of the newly confirmed coronavirus fatalities were also fully vaccinated, according to health department.".

Gamechanger.

5 good reasons for the FDA to give full approval to COVID-19 vaccines: Analysis

• The approval will empower health care professionals to address the myth of "experimental vaccines."
• Approval of the vaccines will get more kids vaccinated.
• Approval will provide us with longer-term safety data.
• Approval will provide employers with greater authority to mandate vaccines.
• Approval will allow the prescribing of vaccines for "off-label" use.

* I want to add that I believe approval will encourage many vaccine doubters to go ahead and get the vaccine.

* It takes the bite out of employee lawsuits, those who sue their employers for mandating the vaccine.

*** When physicians talk about using drugs "off label," they mean using them for purposes other than those for which they were initially approved. For example, Metformin, which is approved for the treatment of type 2 diabetes, reduces appetite -- so it's often used to help patients who are trying to lose weight.

Last edited:
Hospitals fear becoming overwhelmed again as Utah COVID-19 cases continue to surge

This article finally has a beginning of the statistics I have been looking for, how many vaccinated people are hospitalized, and how many vaccinated people died.

"Of the cases confirmed Friday, 265 were confirmed breakthrough cases, meaning the person had been fully vaccinated. Four additional hospitalizations were among breakthrough patients, and three of the newly confirmed coronavirus fatalities were also fully vaccinated, according to health department.".

Gamechanger.

Also from that article:

In the last 28 days, people who are unvaccinated have been at 5.8 times greater risk of dying from COVID-19, 6.4 times greater risk of being hospitalized due to COVID-19, and 4.9 times greater risk of testing positive for COVID-19 than vaccinated people, health department officials said.

Also from that article:

In the last 28 days, people who are unvaccinated have been at 5.8 times greater risk of dying from COVID-19, 6.4 times greater risk of being hospitalized due to COVID-19, and 4.9 times greater risk of testing positive for COVID-19 than vaccinated people, health department officials said.

It's these types of statistics that scared me into getting the vaccine recently.

Especially unvaccinated people in hospitals begging others to get the vaccine. Saying "This is real take it seriously."

Though young and healthy, unvaccinated father dies of COVID (clickondetroit.com)

MONTGOMERY, Ala. – Healthy and in their 30s, Christina and Josh Tidmore figured they were low-risk for COVID-19. With conflicting viewpoints about whether to get vaccinated against the virus filling their social media feeds and social circles, they decided to wait.

On July 20, Josh came home from work with a slight cough initially thought to be sinus trouble. On Aug. 11, he died of COVID-19 at a north Alabama hospital as Christina Tidmore witnessed a doctor and her team frantically try to resuscitate her husband.

“She would say, ’I need a pulse. ’I would hear, ‘no pulse,’ "Christina Tidmore said through tears. “They were trying so hard.”

“Nobody should go through this. He was only 36 and I’m 35 and we have three kids.”

She is now imploring young adults not to dismiss the risk and to consider getting vaccinated.

“Josh was completely healthy, active, not a smoker.” He would have turned 37 on Saturday...

Baptist Health of South Florida, the region’s largest healthcare organization, announced Monday that all employees, medical staff and volunteers will need to get the COVID-19 vaccine by Oct. 31.

Baptist has 11 hospitals, including the flagship in Kendall, and nearly 24,000 employees, including 4,000 physicians. The healthcare giant also has 100 outpatient centers, urgent care facilities and physician practices across South Florida, and runs two hospitals in the Florida Keys.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article253523139.html

Baptist Health of South Florida, the region’s largest healthcare organization, announced Monday that all employees, medical staff and volunteers will need to get the COVID-19 vaccine by Oct. 31.

Baptist has 11 hospitals, including the flagship in Kendall, and nearly 24,000 employees, including 4,000 physicians. The healthcare giant also has 100 outpatient centers, urgent care facilities and physician practices across South Florida, and runs two hospitals in the Florida Keys.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article253523139.html

Well, another good thing out of Florida.

D - stupid conspiracy theory not worth posting about

Last edited:
My sentiments, as well. DH and I had Pfizer vaccine in early and late March. This would make us eligible for boosters in late November. By that time, there should be data available indicating the safety and efficacy of a third dose.
Israel is already giving out Pfizer boosters and appear to be getting good results.

"TEL AVIV, Aug 18 (Reuters) - A third dose of Pfizer (PFE.N)/BioNTech's (22UAy.DE) COVID-19 vaccine was found to be 86% effective in people aged over 60, an Israeli healthcare provider said on Wednesday, citing initial results from a study of thousands of members."

Third Pfizer dose 86% effective in over 60s, Israeli HMO says | Reuters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members