Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #99

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The same is happening in many small towns in Virginia. My grandson had to quarantine for 8 days , it was 6 days before the school notified the parents and required the entire 6th grade to quarantine. The parent notified the school the first day, provided a POSITIVE test. We know the parents, they personally notified many, due tolack of urgency at the school. No calls just a letter in the book bag.
In Virginia the schools do the notification not the health dept. Over the weekend, cleaning out"other" grandsons book bag was a notice 2 kids had tested positive in his 2st grade class. Our school system does NOT quarantine k-4th grade, just 6-12th. Insane He's now sick, Covid test negative. He sounds like whooping cough or severe bronchitis.

Moo...
Geez, that’s a heck of a way to get news of Covid classroom contacts out to parents.
I hope he feels better soon, that cough sounds scary. Can’t remember if they are wearing masks in your schools?

Last edited:
She can always, always go back to nursing. I too know several healthcare workers who are planning a break or have quit (one is working as a teacher at a private PreK-1 school, he was a nurse in the COVID ward for 9 months, couldn't take it any more). He had to live in a trailer in his backyard to avoid infecting his own wife and kids.

My own daughter (nurse), who probably won't actually quit, is tearfully considering it and none of us knows what to do about it (long story, but the only other doctor in the specialty where she works up and quit and has left his patients without anyone to renew prescriptions, so her own clinic is beseiged and the doctor she works for was already thinking about pre-retirement slow-down, and she already manages his caseload of more than 300 patients. Most of them need monthly bloodwork and appointments of some kind. My good friend who is a nurse (in AZ) has retired.

So we need nurses, and there aren't enough, and the ones we have are not inexhaustible, superhuman beings. Working in fast food or Target seems like an actual vacation to many of them.

I think we need new top officials at the FDA, so I think it's overall good that they resigned.

I don't know who Biden is listening to or wants in their place, but if scientists were in charge, those boosters would be available (and people can choose whether to do them - hopefully realizing that another shot of what they already had is not going to harm them. Perhaps he's relying on the Israeli research, which is wonderfully conducted and shows the need for the booster (for Israel, it's all 60+, it's broader).

I agree with all of this... And I don't think anyone can argue about the stellar research done in Isreal. We are all fortunate to be getting their fact based results.

Oh, well done! I know you have worked hard to help get your community vaccinated.

87% is a great achievement. I look at our vaccination rate too much, I think. It seems to go at a snail's pace as well.

But considering where we were just a short time ago, the country is now at 35.7% fully vaccinated, 59.6% with at least one dose. I keep my eye on the 'one dose' number because I know that will soon translate to fully-vaccinated.

There are so many issues going on in Florida right now--hard to even keep up. Covering up Data, School closures-->back to remote, Governor fining schools for masks, governor fining businesses for "asking if vaccinated".... No end to controversy.

but just showing you how vaccinations are going in Florida... ONLY 50% for the whole state...but look at these statistics!!
Lowest rates in these five counties

Holmes County (23%)
Washington County (25%)
Calhoun County (26%)
Union County (26%)
Dixie County (26%)

COVID-19 vaccinations in Florida rising amid outbreak, delta variant

Test him for covid again. Initial tests could be negative then they turn positive. But there are also other respiratory viruses going around.
We plan to over the weekend. This is not the first time he's been tested. He was tested before summer camp in June. He was a camp with 1000 other kids from around the US and internationaly, NOT one kid got sick. My older grandson was a same camp for a MONTH, again NOT one kid sick with Covid.He washes his hands frequently, wears a mask with no problem. Its got to be school related, no one in the family or extended family is sick.

He seems better today, I am baby sitting, wearing a mask and spending time outside while he sleeps.

The will be 7 in Jan, this is the second time in his life he's been sick.

Moo

Last edited:
Geez, that’s a heck of a way to get news of Covid classroom contacts out to parents.
I hope he feels better soon, that cough sounds scary. Can’t remember if they are wearing masks in your schools?

Governor of Virginia finally mandated mask in school but many have exemptions. School Superintendent refuses to give a count or percentage of vaccinated staff. It's just a big mess in Virginia many schools have shut down for a week or more,due to outbreaks. Add in the lack of bus drivers for the entire state, schools are struggling to even get the kids to school. One system is offering a weekly per diem if you drop off and pick up. Thank goodness we don't have that nightmare. We drive ours to and from.

Israel is also testing a lot.
Our covid rates in US are clearly under estimated (likely by a lot) since we are not testing that much. We mostly testing people symptomatic enough to want to get tested.
No kidding. My anti-vax sister and her entire family were sick, but only one got tested, so five positives weren't counted. And I'm embarrassed to tell you all this, but I will . . .
My niece had a babysitting job the day before she had symptoms. She told the family that everybody in her family had symptoms, and they told her to wear a mask and come anyway. I literally yelled at my sister for not making her stay home. The entire family she babysat - two kids and both adults got sick. My sister says it was their choice and not her or her daughter's fault.

Yes, please ask. I would be interested to know if your doctor is made aware of your vaccination.

We don't have a centralized system that has our medical information. Rather, any medical provider has a mandatory obligation to inform our personal doctor of any medical treatment so that there is a continuity of care. If I had been vaccinated by a pharmacist, that person would have been obligated to forward the information to my doctor. That way, my doctor has a thorough record of my health care.

Incidentally, the same applies for veterinary care for our pets.

So 2nd shot. Nope they do not notify the Doctor. You tell your Doctor yourself and my Doctor didn't even ask.

Got both shots without:

1.) ID identification
2.) Insurance information
3.) Doctor information

Basically I was Jane Doe just me myself and I

Anyone in this Country can find a place to get a vaccine without these things. Illegal aliens could get vaccinated here with zero papers.

Well, they wanted the white vaccination card they gave me the 1st time I was there for my 1st shot, that is a must.

ed481972bb9ce4735ee5a3ffc8815ec2

Experts Explain Why You Shouldn’t Laminate Your COVID-19 Vaccine Card

Reason is because you may need to add booster information to it later on.

Last edited:
I just had my first ever covid test
No symptoms but since I’m seeing my gbaby this weekend and the testing site was open and a block away from work I figured Why not :D
Missed the crowd so it took about 15 minutes total - halfway up the nostril swab only - easy peasy
Theres vaxing at the same site and ratio of testing to vax looked at least 20 to 1. Hoping to get the results back by Saturday.

Last edited:
Here is the article I was speaking of. It is a pretty long article, but quite interesting, I think. I've snipped a few things and put them here .....

A series of new studies, including two led by Ellebedy, suggests that mRNA vaccines like those from Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna trigger the immune system to establish long-term protection against severe COVID-19 — protection that likely will last several years or even longer, Ellebedy says.

To understand what he's talking about, let's say you received the second Moderna or Pfizer vaccine six months ago. Right away, your immune system got to work and began making antibodies.

"In every single immune response, there is a sharp rise in antibodies, a period of sharp decline, and then it starts to settle into a more stable nadir."

The media has largely focused on this decline of antibodies as the cause of "waning immunity." And it's true, Bhattacharya says, that this decline in antibodies, combined with the high potency of the delta variant, which began dominating many countries this year, is likely increasing the rate of infection in fully vaccinated people.

"If you get a big dose of delta, as the variant often gives, the virus can slip past the initial wall of antibodies," he says. "So I think we may be seeing some signs of that. But the [level of breakthrough infections] is probably not as dramatic as I think it's being made out to be."

Why? Because the media has largely overlooked several key facts about the antibodies present eight months after the vaccine. For starters, they're more powerful than the original ones triggered by the vaccine, Bhattacharya says.

"The quality of the antibody improves over time. It takes far fewer of those new antibodies to protect you," Bhattacharya says. "So I think that worrying about antibody decline is not something that's productive," he adds.

At the same time, the cells that make these souped-up antibodies become souped up themselves, he adds.
"They're estimated to spit out something like 10,000 antibody molecules per second." So you don't need many of these cells to protect you against a future infection.

On top of that, these cells learn something remarkable in the training center: how to persist.

Immunity To COVID-19 Could Last Longer Than You'd Think

I posted about this article earlier this week and included this cartoon from the article:
covid-vaccine-what-happens1_sq-1eef9ff7ea152c31a5870186ec8a8262eb729846-s1100-c50.jpg

This fake ‘Maderna’ vaccine card sees woman facing a year in prison and $5,000 fine in Hawaii

upload_2021-9-2_12-26-24.png

Chloe Mrozak, 24, was arrested at Oahu’s Daniel K. Inouy International Airport on Sunday, and is being held on $2,000 bail.

State investigators were tipped off that she may have uploaded false documents under the state’s Safe Travels Program in order to skip traveler quarantine rules, which require unvaccinated visitors to self-quarantine for 10 days upon arrival.

Mrozak arrived in Oahu a week ago Monday on a Southwest flight, according to court documents, and left the airport before screeners could confirm her hotel reservations. She listed a Waikiki Holiday Inn Express as her local accommodations, but when investigators checked with the hotel, they found no reservations under her name.

What’s more, her handwritten COVID vaccine card also claimed she was vaccinated in Delaware by members of the National Guard, but when the authorities checked with the state, there was no record of her vaccination.

The state investigators found Mrozak at the airport as she was preparing to leave Hawaii at the end of her trip. She told the arresting officer that she got her vaccination from her doctor at her doctor’s office, documents say, and that she paid for the shot. (In fact, vaccines are being distributed for free).

Mrozak is being held at the Oahu Community Correctional Center, accused of falsifying vaccination documents, which is a misdemeanor. If convicted, she faces up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $5,000.

A Florida couple was also arrested early last month on suspicion that they used fake vaccine cards to travel to Hawaii with their two children.
And two more travelers were arrested at Daniel K. Inouye Airport last month for allegedly using fake vaccination cards to come to the Hawaiian islands.

Last edited:
betcha she thought she was sooooo smort :rolleyes:
This is what we’re dealing with. Heaven help us.

This fake ‘Maderna’ vaccine card sees woman facing a year in prison and $5,000 fine in Hawaii

View attachment 311057

Chloe Mrozak, 24, was arrested at Oahu’s Daniel K. Inouy International Airport on Sunday, and is being held on $2,000 bail.

State investigators were tipped off that she may have uploaded false documents under the state’s Safe Travels Program in order to skip traveler quarantine rules, which require unvaccinated visitors to self-quarantine for 10 days upon arrival.

Mrozak arrived in Oahu a week ago Monday on a Southwest flight, according to court documents, and left the airport before screeners could confirm her hotel reservations. She listed a Waikiki Holiday Inn Express as her local accommodations, but when investigators checked with the hotel, they found no reservations under her name.

What’s more, her handwritten COVID vaccine card also claimed she was vaccinated in Delaware by members of the National Guard, but when the authorities checked with the state, there was no record of her vaccination.

The state investigators found Mrozak at the airport as she was preparing to leave Hawaii at the end of her trip. She told the arresting officer that she got her vaccination from her doctor at her doctor’s office, documents say, and that she paid for the shot. (In fact, vaccines are being distributed for free).

Mrozak is being held at the Oahu Community Correctional Center, accused of falsifying vaccination documents, which is a misdemeanor. If convicted, she faces up to a year in jail and a fine of up to $5,000.

A Florida couple was also arrested early last month on suspicion that they used fake vaccine cards to travel to Hawaii with their two children.
And two more travelers were arrested at Daniel K. Inouye Airport last month for allegedly using fake vaccination cards to come to the Hawaiian islands.

View attachment 311057

Whether or not she ends up with a criminal record, her name and face are now all over the internet for forging an official document, I'd say her future job prospects just got a whole lot dimmer.

On the other hand, she'll probably get lots of romantic interest from ex-cons, so that might cheer her up.

Secret vaxxers: These Americans are getting COVID vaccinations but not telling anyone

They're getting COVID-19 vaccinations but not telling their anti-vaxxer friends, family or colleagues, fearing alienation from the people around them.

About 1 in 6 vaccinated Americans say they're keeping it a secret from at least some people, while more than 1 in 17 aren't telling anyone, according to a Harris Poll survey conducted exclusively for USA TODAY.

In many cases, vaccinated people hide it because they know people in their life wouldn't approve.

Such is the case for William, a manufacturing employee in Maine who got vaccinated but isn't revealing it at work. His boss has argued, falsely, that the COVID vaccines were "experimental," claimed incorrectly that they were "rushed" and mentioned bogus conspiracy theories that the shots were being used to install tracking chips in people.

William scheduled his shots during off-hours to avoid suspicion from his boss. He requested that this last name not be used in this story out of fear of losing his job if his supervisor reads it. His boss, he said, has ranted about COVID-related restrictions and intimidated workers who expressed opposing views.

“I was very uncomfortable with the idea of letting the supervisor know that I was going out to get a COVID shot,” William said. “It does feel quite hostile.”

While people who don’t want to tell others about their vaccination status are naturally reticent to be interviewed for a story like this, the evidence suggests that William is not alone in hiding his inoculation for fear of social consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha