Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #99

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do so many unvaccinated people think they will be able to "manage the virus just fine" if infected?

Perhaps because they managed the flu "just fine" or managed chicken pox "just fine."

Or managed "just fine" a whole host of other ailments and infections.

Unvaccinated I never was arrogant enough to think I could sail through a case of Covid.

Why do people think the deaths and ventilators only happen to others?

Why do so many unvaccinated people think they will be able to "manage the virus just fine" if infected?

Perhaps because they managed the flu "just fine" or managed chicken pox "just fine."

Unvaccinated I never was arrogant enough to think I could sail through a case of Covid.

I have no idea why people think they can handle Covid just fine. I think a lot of those people believe that it really is "just like the flu""-- or they believe they are young and healthy and their immune systems work just fine--- Before I got vaccinated I was truly terrified of contracting Covid- and with good reason- many people in my age range (70's) died at alarming rates at the beginning of the pandemic. All people should fear this virus-

I talk to a lot of folks where I live, who believe that it is healthier to catch a disease and build natural immunity than to put chemicals in your body.

There really isn't any good argument against this line of thought, because these people have already made up their minds. It is a "logical belief" to them.

Even in this century, there are still children in the United States, who go deaf, blind, a myriad of severe disabilities from measles, because parents refuse to believe a vaccine is healthier than getting a disease.

Breakthrough COVID Infections Add Even More Chaos To School's Start In 2021
"We were so careful," says Alysha Johnson, a resident of Discovery Bay, east of San Francisco. "I'm a germaphobe. When this whole thing happened, we didn't leave the house for six months."

Johnson was crushed when her toddler caught COVID-19 at a summer play group recently.

"It was a pretty big deal how sick he got," says Johnson. "It wasn't just a little sniffle."

Her 2-year-old suffered a sore throat, a cough and a 104-degree fever. The bout lasted more than a week and sickened Alysha Johnson, her boyfriend and her sister — all of whom had been vaccinated against COVID-19.

More at link above

i, truly am soooo glad I am not a parent of young children.... Not out of refusal to believe the science, but having to live with such divisive rhetoric that is raising our children... all our poor little children.
I so agree nhmemorymaker. It's been a rough 18 months but I don't have school aged children. I know if I did, I would have lots of sleepless nights. I feel so badly for parents of school aged children and all of our first responders, nurses, doctors etc.
MOO but school beginning across the country is going to get ugly. I would love to be wrong.

Data breach exposes Cal State Chico students who requested religious exemptions from COVID vaccine | KTLA
The records from about 130 students at California State University, Chico were dumped on an anonymous internet message board, the Sacramento Bee reported Monday.
Most of the exemption requests were filed by students citing their Christian beliefs — some of them quoting Biblical scripture. Another student who was approved called the vaccine “unclean” and analogous to what non-kosher food is to Orthodox Jews.

Students who asked for a religious exemption included several NCAA athletes, incoming students, and residents of university dorms, the newspaper said. Students who stated they believed in healing through prayer were approved for exemption, and many referred to their bodies as a temple.

“My religious beliefs follow natural healing through God’s divine power and faith healing,” read one NCAA athlete’s exemption request that was approved. “My beliefs question the necessity of modern medicine including vaccinations.”

21 stories of people who regret not getting a COVID-19 vaccine

1200x0.jpg

News outlets have recently covered heartbreaking stories of people who refused to get vaccinated and later got COVID-19 and regretted their decision.

Each of these stories is unique, but they also have many things in common: They’re filled with regret, death and acceptance. And they’re all centered around people who didn’t get vaccinated for some reason or another.

An unvaccinated California father of nine children got COVID-19 and landed in the hospital, and while he recovers, he remains dependent on oxygen and unable to do most daily activities. Jonathan Weltsch of Humboldt County told the Times-Standard he regretted not getting inoculated.

“I was told my whole life not to take experimental drugs and I was 100% against an experimental vaccine,” Weltsch said. “I was so strong-willed against it. … Then I lost my breath and I wished I was vaccinated.”
______________________________________________________________________________________

That's one story. A Missouri mother of an unvaccinated 37-year-old who died of COVID-19 shared another: Kimberle Jones told the New York Times she got the jab as soon as she was able to, but she said her daughter believed that the government-run campaign was a plot against Black people like her.

“I want to be a voice for her,” Jones said. “I really think my daughter would want me to say, ‘Go get vaccinated.’”
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Another mother shared with KHTV that her 13-year-old got coronavirus and was fighting for his life. Angela Morris of Arkansas said the hardest part about watching her son suffer is it could have been preventable if he were vnated.

"It's very hard to see him in this situation. It's very hard not knowing if he's really going to come home anymore or not," Morris said. "It's heartbreaking. I wish I would've made better choices for him."

They’re not the only stories. Here are 18 more, from all over the country, stories of real people who were stridently anti-vaccine who changed their minds when the virus almost killed them or someone they love.

Last edited:
Data breach exposes Cal State Chico students who requested religious exemptions from COVID vaccine | KTLA
The records from about 130 students at California State University, Chico were dumped on an anonymous internet message board, the Sacramento Bee reported Monday.
Most of the exemption requests were filed by students citing their Christian beliefs — some of them quoting Biblical scripture. Another student who was approved called the vaccine “unclean” and analogous to what non-kosher food is to Orthodox Jews.

Students who asked for a religious exemption included several NCAA athletes, incoming students, and residents of university dorms, the newspaper said. Students who stated they believed in healing through prayer were approved for exemption, and many referred to their bodies as a temple.

“My religious beliefs follow natural healing through God’s divine power and faith healing,” read one NCAA athlete’s exemption request that was approved. “My beliefs question the necessity of modern medicine including vaccinations.”

How did this happen and who was responsible? Heads need to roll at Chico State.

So if the athlete breaks a bone, no need to set it or see an orthopedic doctor. Healing through prayer and faith alone - modern medicine is not needed.
Perhaps give them medical alert bracelets.
Do not treat, transport or resuscitate.
JMO

NSW Premier flags new freedoms for vaccinated residents

Fully-vaccinated New South Wales residents are set to enjoy new freedoms in September, Premier Gladys Berejiklian has flagged.

It comes after the state has hit a milestone of six million COVID-19 vaccine doses administered.

The Premier will make a formal announcement on Thursday or Friday.

NSW Premier flags new freedoms for vaccinated residents

Fully-vaccinated New South Wales residents are set to enjoy new freedoms in September, Premier Gladys Berejiklian has flagged.

It comes after the state has hit a milestone of six million COVID-19 vaccine doses administered.

The Premier will make a formal announcement on Thursday or Friday.
You would think they would have allowed these shelter dogs to be rescued. They shot them instead. Absolutely sickening.

15 rescue dogs, including 10 puppies, killed by council in Australia over COVID-19 concerns

A local government in the state of New South Wales in Australia faced criticism after reports surfaced they ordered 15 dogs killed to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among shelter workers.

On Sunday, The Sydney Morning Herald reported the Bourke Shire Council, located in the northern part of New South Wales, shot and killed 15 impounded dogs so volunteers at another shelter wouldn't travel to pick up the animals. Of the 15 dogs, 10 were puppies, and one had just given birth to a litter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member