Coronavirus - Global Health Emergency, 2019-nCoV #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chinese citizen journalist who has brought the world the truth on coronavirus emergency disappears | Daily Mail Online

• Chen Qiushi reported on incidents including a woman sitting by her dead relative slumped in a wheelchair as she frantically made calls
  • He has not been heard from since 7pm local time Thursday, his family said
  • Fellow citizen journalist Fang Bin was arrested before being released last week
  • Doctor Li Wenliang, who raised the alarm over the disease, died on Friday

This is China. Silence and obedience people!

Thank you and the Daily Mail for posting this information.

If you want to see raw video of him and another journalist check out the “Insider Info” channel on YouTube.

Just want to add something to my earlier post about precautions that DH and I take to avoid illness on cruise ships. Our days of sunning and hanging out by the pool are long gone, but DH likes to swim laps, and I might take a quick dip in a shallow pool to cool off. No more lounging in the sun, though. One thing that we avoid at all costs is getting into hot tubs. Some folks tend to plant themselves in hot tubs and stay there for hours, consuming multiple drinks and never exiting to use the bathroom :oops: Scary to think what germs might be lurking in shipboard hot tubs :eek:

'We're definitely not prepared': Africa braces for new virus
February 8, 2020 8:01AM EST
LUSAKA, Zambia -- At a Chinese-run hospital in Zambia, some employees watched as people who recently returned from China showed up with coughs but were not placed in isolation. A doctor tending to those patients has stopped coming to work, and health workers have been ordered not to speak publicly about the new virus that has killed hundreds around the world.

The virus that has spread through much of China has yet to be confirmed in Africa, but global health authorities are increasingly worried about the threat to the continent where an estimated 1 million Chinese now live, as some health workers on the ground warn they are not ready to handle an outbreak.

Countries are racing to take precautions as hundreds of travellers arrive from China every day. Safeguards include stronger surveillance at ports of entry and improved quarantine and testing measures across Africa, home to 1.2 billion people and some of the world's weakest systems for detecting and treating disease.

But the effort has been complicated by a critical shortage of testing kits and numerous illnesses that display symptoms similar to the flu-like virus.
"The problem is, even if it's mild, it can paralyze the whole community," said Dr. Michel Yao, emergency operations manager in Africa for the World Health Organization''
giphy.gif

Yea... about the : is this really a big deal... or “seasonal flu is worse”?

Chinese citizen journalist who has brought the world the truth on coronavirus emergency disappears | Daily Mail Online

• Chen Qiushi reported on incidents including a woman sitting by her dead relative slumped in a wheelchair as she frantically made calls
  • Fellow citizen journalist Fang Bin was arrested before being released last week

And the rest of the world sits idly by with seldom more than a thought for the Chinese people because it benefits our economy to do that. What happened to "Never Again"? It doesn't apply to all the Chinese people hauled off every year to detention camps never to be heard from again it seems.

when I think about it...

He first encountered it in early December. If he were going to get sick and die, I would have expected him to have been a much earlier fatality. He, of all people, was one who would have been hyper aware, who would have followed strict universal precautions.

.... Yep, I think someone deliberately exposed him as an act of retribution . They killed him and spared the bullet. - just my opinion.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...ang-doctor-who-sounded-coronavirus-alarm/amp/

“Investigators are launching a probe into the death of Li Wenliang, the Chinese doctor who sounded the alarm on the spread of coronavirus in Wuhan — as the global death toll from the illness rose to 638.”

S/BBM

“Investigators are launching a probe into the death of Li Wenliang
, the Chinese doctor who sounded the alarm on the spread of coronavirus in Wuhan — as the global death toll from the illness rose to 638.”

MOO ~ “NEVER TRUST A FOX TO WATCH OVER THE HEN HOUSE !!”

I would venture to guess that the outcome of this investigation was determined before it ever began...

Government agendas and methods are generally like zebra stripes and leopard spots - they never really change.... (IMOO)

I was following him. I wondered what was going to happen to him. :( I hope public pressure causes him to be released if he's being held against his will.

And on the subject of Chinese government secrecy, I’ll mention
Xinjiang
the government established re-education camps by rounding up ethnic muslins.

Coronavirus: China's Xinjiang camps are a neglected high-risk area and should be closed | Hong Kong Free Press HKFP

Estimates from the UN and US sources suggest China has detained more than one million and possibly as many as three million Uyghurs and other indigenous peoples in internment camps, forced labour factories and other detention facilities. Uyghurs in the diaspora fear the actual number may be much higher, especially considering the number of Uyghur children who have been separated from their families and detained in state orphanages and kindergartens.

Reports of overcrowding, malnutrition, physical and sexual abuse, organ harvesting and other grave human rights abuses in the camps suggest the region could become a breeding ground for the coronavirus. But China doesn’t seem to be allocating adequate resources to screen, diagnose and treat potential victims in East Turkestan, and has instead focused nearly all resources to combat the virus in Wuhan. Left ignored, the region could face mass outbreaks and much higher mortality rates than reported in Wuhan.”

Targeted population reduction through complacency??

I really hope not, but have to say the thought crossed my mind when reading this.

I first read this when it contained the name Boris and was very confused. lol

Sorry typos lol.

Seriously, this has me wondering all kinds of things now.

So, does this mean if someone gives off an “aerosol virus-laden plume” in the stall next to you, you can breathe it in? I’m not sure this refers strictly to surface contamination or touching it?

Rsbm / BBM

On a different note, another article which I found interesting related to a potential hidden source of the spread, being diarrhea.

"Doctors have reported diarrhea infrequently in 2019-nCoV patients admitted to Wuhan hospitals, though it’s been more prominent among reported cases outside the city, including members of a Shenzhen family infected in Wuhan, and more recently in the first U.S. case in Washington state. That patient experienced a two-day bout of diarrhea from which a sample tested positive."

Squat latrines, common in China, lacking covers and hands that aren’t washed thoroughly with soap and water after visiting the bathroom could be a source of virus transmission, said Nicholls, who was part of the research team that isolated and characterized the SARS virus.

A virus-laden aerosol plume emanating from a SARS patient with diarrhea was implicated in possibly hundreds of cases at Hong Kong’s Amoy Gardens housing complex in 2003. That led the city’s researchers to understand the importance of the virus’s spread through the gastrointestinal tract, and to recognize both the limitation of face masks and importance of cleanliness and hygiene, Nicholls said in an interview.

“I think in Wuhan, that would be a very likely place where you might get the transmission” from fecal material, he said. “If it’s using the same receptor as for SARS, I can’t see why it shouldn’t be replicating in the gut.”

Coronavirus Lurking in Feces May Reveal Hidden Risk of Spread

Citizen reporter,
I was following him. I wondered what was going to happen to him. :( I hope public pressure causes him to be released if he's being held against his will.

Where is Chen Qiushi?
Just watched the video of his Mom searching for information about his whereabouts.
Watched a video of a women in tears translating in English wrt to
Chen Qiushi.
It has been said that the authorities apprehended him because of his multiple visits to hospitals, he was a risk.
But his mom says he had been monitoring his temperature regularly, and had no fever or symptoms.

CHINA
WHERE IS CHEN QIUSHI?

Citizen reporter,

Where is Chen Qiushi?
Just watched the video of his Mom searching for information about his whereabouts.
Watched a video of a women in tears translating in English wrt to
Chen Qiushi.
It has been said that the authorities apprehended him because of his multiple visits to hospitals, he was a risk.
But his mom says he had been monitoring his temperature, and had no fever or symptoms.

CHINA
WHERE IS CHEN QIUSHI?

Yes, he'd mentioned earlier a law being made that if you were exposed to those sick then you could be taken away being seen as at risk for having it. His friend who was arrested briefly was worried about that. And of course now if he's locked up with the sick he's very high risk of getting it. :/ Of course this was done just to shut him up. MOO

I don't see how we can rapidly start manufacturing and producing what we currently get from China. Almost everything we get in the stores is manufactured in China. However if it moved a lot of production back here in the long term I think that would be one plus for the U.S.

However regardless of the previous recession starting with mostly subprime loans it literally spiraled and affected the rest of the world and certainly not even remotely just those involved in that sector. This has only been going on for a couple of weeks and will almost certainly worsen. We aren't out of the woods yet economy wise. The market really isn't stable. It's going to be "fine" only so long as it's actually contained and seen as containable. Do you think that's likely? I don't. Not at this rate. "After heavy selling last week, share prices have been rebounding because investors think coronavirus is containable. " This article has a ton of information on various risk factors and current optimism just shows the lack of stability. It's really all about governments trying to keep people from freaking out. There's nothing stable about that. MOO

"So could coronavirus prove to be the equivalent of the collapse of the US sub-prime mortgage market: a black swan? Those of a cautious bent, like El-Erian, think it could.

A black swan event has a number of characteristics. It has to come as a complete surprise. It has to have profound consequences. And, once the dust has settled, people who never saw the crisis coming say that it was glaringly obvious that there was trouble ahead.

The coronavirus outbreak would seem to tick all three boxes."
Will coronavirus make markets take a 'black swan' dive?

They're panicked at having to bring their supply chain source back to the US as it will erode some of their record-high profits, so they're engaging in a little scare-mongering, JMO. Can the US ramp up its own production of essentials in short order? Yes, we did it during WWII. I live in a state full of manufacturing facilities, many abandoned just in the last decade. Investors are sitting around on piles of cash with few new places to invest, so this can be an opportunity for them. We'll be fine.

Sorry typos lol.

So, does this mean if someone gives off an “aerosol virus-laden plume” in the stall next to you, you can breathe it in? I’m not sure this refers strictly to surface contamination or touching it?

I'm slow. LOL I thought it was some slam against Boris Johnson at first. :D

Sorry typos lol.

Ya, remember what latrines and porta pottys smell like,
sometimes, the plume surrounds them?

CHINA
WHERE IS CHEN QIUSHI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors