Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS. Wow. What a nightmare.
The video follows reports that China’s communist regime is rounding up the infected in Wuhan and taking them to internment camps to keep the virus from spreading. So far, the virus has killed 722 people in China, including one American, and two in other countries; the number of infected stands at nearly 35,000 in China and 330 in other countries, according to Worldometers.info, which compiles data from the World Health Organization and other agencies.

In Hangzhou, a city of nearly 10 million about 475 miles from Wuhan, authorities banned the sale of flu and cough medicine at pharmacies to force the sick to see a doctor and get tested for the virus, the New York Times reported.

The policy, which went into effect midnight Friday, was created to “strengthen the supervision of those with fevers and coughs,” the local government said in a statement.

Coronavirus crisis: Video allegedly shows Chinese officials removing people from homes

Well I’m hoping Dr. Maria can address this “aerosol plumes of virus-laden diarrhea” (and really anything to do with fecal matter as related to this) in an upcoming WHO conference.

Last edited:
Hero Chinese doctor who first warned of coronavirus outbreak before it killed him was warned by police: 'If you refuse to repent you will be punished'

Doctor Li Wenliang, 34, died on Friday but previously shared the note on his Weibo social media account revealing Wuhan police had accused him of 'disrupting order' and asked him to stop his 'illegal behavior'.

It included two sections which Li had to answer, in which officials told him he was receiving a 'reprimand for illegally spreading untruthful information online' and that police wanted him to 'reflect on his actions'.

Doctor who warned of coronavirus was told by police: 'If you refuse to repent you will be punished' | Daily Mail Online

Well I’m hoping Dr. Maria can address this “aerosol plumes of virus-laden diarrhea” (and really anything to do with fecal matter as related to this) in an upcoming WHO conference.

I viewed some interesting stuff about "squat toilets" which are in China widespread on google images and youtube last night. Ummm, imagine squatting with diarrhea or constipation through just a small hole in the floor and putting your feet on where others stood. augh.

I viewed some interesting stuff about "squat toilets" which are in China widespread on google images and youtube last night. Ummm, imagine squatting with diarrhea or constipation through just a small hole in the floor and putting your feet on where others stood. augh.

These toilets should be banned as well. I can’t imagine going to the toilet with an audience able to watch me.

And the rest of the world sits idly by with seldom more than a thought for the Chinese people because it benefits our economy to do that. What happened to "Never Again"? It doesn't apply to all the Chinese people hauled off every year to detention camps never to be heard from again it seems.

exactly. I guess this is why I choose not to get bent at libs/conservatives. I don’t want to silence anyone’s beliefs/opinions.

We (global consumers) failed to protest with our wallets when factories moved overseas and to Mexico (hey Nike, Apple, GM). We should have demanded the shareholders take a little less or get nothing. Ignoring the conditions the abused (“the cheap labor”) are subjugated to. (Dangled that preposition!) Money is god to the shareholders,
and they don’t care to what end they go to, to increase profits...
Apple, Google, Microsoft, Tesla and Dell sued over child-mined cobalt from Africa

Remember amnesty international? I was active for years, then they kinda lost me when they seemed more concerned with money grabbing than actually doing... :(

Last edited:
Surprised there has not been a huge demand for high (washable!) rubber boots, imo.

Post by MJPeony from the last thread:

“A couple of articles were posted upthread about some studies showing Asian males are much more likely to get this CV. I really feel like there must be some truth in this. Otherwise I feel we’d be seeing far higher numbers at this point in non-Asian countries. MOO.”

Somehow I’ve missed these articles. Can @MJPeony, or someone else, please provide a link? Tia.
SBM

I think @dixiegirl got to reposting some before me (thank you!), but yes I’d seen a couple of articles stating that some research was showing a potentially higher risk for Asian males (involving more lung receptors).

But there apparently have been some rebuttals to those studies that dixie just posted, which I hadn’t read yet, so that’s some new interesting info. So we should probably take those earlier claims with a big grain of salt, if not believed debunked at this point.

So much info coming out so quickly. And yet not enough info! :confused:

MOO

Last edited:
A few years back, went to Cuba, for holiday and my husband and my darlin'
black lab stayed at home.
My little lady, Midnite, passed away while I was gone.

My husband returned from work, and she was dead.
He was devastated, even though, she was an old dog.
He wrapped her up in her favorite blanket and put her in the garage to take to the vet for cremation, the following day

So ya, he took a day off.
And when he returned to work, his boss, who is of Chinese ethnicity,
gave him so much grief and humiliated him because he took the day off, just because of a dead dog.
My husband was demoralized.

Last edited:
S/BBM

“Investigators are launching a probe into the death of Li Wenliang
, the Chinese doctor who sounded the alarm on the spread of coronavirus in Wuhan — as the global death toll from the illness rose to 638.”

MOO ~ “NEVER TRUST A FOX TO WATCH OVER THE HEN HOUSE !!”

I would venture to guess that the outcome of this investigation was determined before it ever began...

Government agendas and methods are generally like zebra stripes and leopard spots - they never really change.... (IMOO)

right?! Akin to letting any criminal defendant, present the prosecution, and serve judge and jury. (all innocent of course!)

It must be a very frightening time in China worrying about the virus and the government’s handling of it. I can’t imagine living in a society where you cannot be critical of the government without consequences. The video of citizens being forcibly removed from their homes on the Daily Mail website was very concerning.

Citizen reporter,

Where is Chen Qiushi?
Just watched the video of his Mom searching for information about his whereabouts.
Watched a video of a women in tears translating in English wrt to
Chen Qiushi.
It has been said that the authorities apprehended him because of his multiple visits to hospitals, he was a risk.
But his mom says he had been monitoring his temperature regularly, and had no fever or symptoms.

CHINA
WHERE IS CHEN QIUSHI?
Citizen Journalist Covering Virus Outbreak From Wuhan Goes Missing
By
Lulu Yilun Chen
February 7, 2020 rbbm.
''Over the past couple of weeks, Chinese citizen journalists Chen Qiushi and Fang Bin have served as the world’s eyes and ears inside the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak, the city of Wuhan. Broadcasting via their mobile phones, they’ve offered a glimpse of how dire things have been. Many of those videos have been posted to Twitter and reposted on YouTube.

Now one of them is missing.

Chen has been out of reach for more than 20 hours. Fang, who was silent much of Friday until a video posted in the evening, was previously detained briefly by authorities for his video of corpses in a hospital. When he filmed the dramatic moment people in hazmat suits broke down his apartment door to take him into quarantine, it sparked hundreds of comments urging the authorities to release him.

It’s no accident that their posts grew viral on American platforms. China’s internet watchdog has stepped up its policing efforts, announcing on Wednesday it would conduct “targeted supervision” on the largest social media platforms including Weibo, Tencent’s WeChat and ByteDance’s Douyin. The regulator has already frozen a raft of social media accounts, then stepped up online scrubbing to quiet a wave of confused outrage over the death of the doctor that first raised red flags about the disease.

In this environment, U.S.-based Twitter has emerged as the destination for locals seeking information about the spread of the virus. It’s officially banned in the country, but many people hop the Great Firewall and access the platform via virtual private networks.''

Chen has been out of contact for a prolonged period of time. His friends posted a message on his Twitter account saying he has been unreachable since 7 p.m. local time on Thursday. In a texted interview, Bloomberg News’s last question to Chen was whether he was concerned about his safety as he’s among the few people reporting the situation on the front lines.

His response has yet to come back.''

Ya, remember what latrines and porta pottys smell like,
sometimes, the plume surrounds them?

CHINA
WHERE IS CHEN QIUSHI?

giphy.gif

SBM

I think @dixiegirl got to reposting some before me (thank you!), but yes I’d seen a couple of articles stating that some research was showing a potentially higher risk for Asian males (involving more lung receptors).

But there apparently have been some rebuttals to those studies that dixie just posted, which I hadn’t read yet, so that’s some new interesting info. So we should probably take those earlier claims with a big grain of salt, if not believed debunked at this point.

So much info coming out so quickly. And yet not enough info! :confused:

MOO

Yeah, the danger of some discussions is bringing up articles that can be viewed before they are peer reviewed as scientists put them on the net and media gets a hold of them. Some stuff gets out that other scientists cringe at the media talking about and try to put out more info to whack a mole and debunk (e.g. the sample size of 8 people and one asian and making inferences of races affected in the media). Going with peer reviewed Lancet and AMJH and AMJV etc publications is good MOO

Citizen Journalist Covering Virus Outbreak From Wuhan Goes Missing
By
Lulu Yilun Chen
February 7, 2020 rbbm.
''Over the past couple of weeks, Chinese citizen journalists Chen Qiushi and Fang Bin have served as the world’s eyes and ears inside the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak, the city of Wuhan. Broadcasting via their mobile phones, they’ve offered a glimpse of how dire things have been. Many of those videos have been posted to Twitter and reposted on YouTube.

Now one of them is missing.

Chen has been out of reach for more than 20 hours. Fang, who was silent much of Friday until a video posted in the evening, was previously detained briefly by authorities for his video of corpses in a hospital. When he filmed the dramatic moment people in hazmat suits broke down his apartment door to take him into quarantine, it sparked hundreds of comments urging the authorities to release him.

It’s no accident that their posts grew viral on American platforms. China’s internet watchdog has stepped up its policing efforts, announcing on Wednesday it would conduct “targeted supervision” on the largest social media platforms including Weibo, Tencent’s WeChat and ByteDance’s Douyin. The regulator has already frozen a raft of social media accounts, then stepped up online scrubbing to quiet a wave of confused outrage over the death of the doctor that first raised red flags about the disease.

In this environment, U.S.-based Twitter has emerged as the destination for locals seeking information about the spread of the virus. It’s officially banned in the country, but many people hop the Great Firewall and access the platform via virtual private networks.''

Chen has been out of contact for a prolonged period of time. His friends posted a message on his Twitter account saying he has been unreachable since 7 p.m. local time on Thursday. In a texted interview, Bloomberg News’s last question to Chen was whether he was concerned about his safety as he’s among the few people reporting the situation on the front lines.

His response has yet to come back.''

Yeah, it was interesting today when the WHO director said they are working with FB, twitter, wiebo, youtube etc. to have monitoring and/or pulling of misinformation. :eek:

I guess it's like WS in that they have TOS, and that they are asking them to enforce their TOS's.

Yeah, it was interesting today when the WHO director said they are working with FB, twitter, wiebo, youtube etc. to have monitoring and/or pulling of misinformation. :eek:

I guess it's like WS in that they have TOS, and that they are asking them to enforce their TOS's.

I appreciate the TOS rules here. The veracity of the info - and the permitted opinions.

But gotta love that Mark Z is okay with fake ads... Defiant Mark Zuckerberg defends Facebook policy to allow false ads
:rolleyes:

Surprised there has not been a huge demand for high (washable!) rubber boots, imo.

If you need any items made from China, now is the time to buy them. I see that we may see some major shifts in consumer goods in about 4 to 6 months. Maybe higher prices, and it may not be readily apparent, maybe a component only made in an area affected.

I think that we need to look at this in a longitudinal context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member