Coronavirus - Global Health Emergency, 2019-nCoV #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re comments that he "just somehow failed to follow his own medicine" as to getting infected and died..

Yeah, it does happen that medical folks get blamed for infecting themselves. So sad. Reminds me of Ebola docs that got infected and when that was said.

So sad that he passed and will forever be the man known as to his vocal spoken words through social media. A martyr.

I wish he was like one of the four that were treated for Ebola and had to be flown to Atlanta to save the Three docs from West Africa and nurse from Texas....Much resources and knowledge to save them which would never have happened where the outbreak was.

Resources lacking for such high numbers in China/Wuhan. MOO and that is primarily the reason (well one of many) to evacuate to homelands?

God speed to all affected.

Twitter

Guo Wengui, 73rd richest man in China: The Chinese regime has hidden the facts about the #coronavirus. More than 50 thousand corpses were burned in 49 crematoriums in the city of Hubei alone and said that the number of people infected with the virus in the country is 1.5 million.

Twitter

“49 crematories have been burning corpses 24/7 for at least 17 days, each day, 1,200 bodies burnt. ...”

eta: my deepest respect to those willing to risk their freedom and lives to shine the light of truth

we always knew the numbers were bulls*** but this is staggering if true.

IMO

A second Qantas flight to rescue Australians stranded in Wuhan, China amid the coronavirus outbreak is now en route to Darwin.

The next group of coronavirus evacuees expected from Wuhan will be quarantined at an old mining camp near Darwin.

Passengers will be sent to the Manigurr-ma Village at Howard Springs, 30km from Darwin, with Christmas Island currently unable to house another couple of hundred evacuees.
Second Qantas rescue flight from Wuhan en route to Australia

DBM. I'd rather re-write what I wrote and say it in a different way.

If we're going to look at claims, do we not need some evidence that the person making the claim can reasonably have information to back up their claim, and that they are an unbiased source if the claim runs counter to other information?

Carl Sagan said: “extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence”.

So, does the evidence match the claim? I can't say that the evidence we're getting so far matches a claim of 200 million cases in China. Surely with those numbers we'd have had far more exported cases than we have?

There's about a billion people in China. To my knowledge that billion is not the UK billion (one million million) but the US billion (one thousand million, or 1 with 9 zeroes)

So 200 million cases would be one in five people in the whole of China. If those numbers were correct they would have exported far more cases in plane travel to other nations. So, what would that say about all the other countries in the world and their claimed figures? Japan, Russia, the US, Europe...wouldn't they all have to be in on the conspiracy to make it work?

And then, does the media coming out match? At the moment it matches what numbers we have, albeit that the Hubei figures are definitely under-counted, mostly because it's been predominantly the sickest people getting tested and admitted to hospitals.

Last edited:
Report: Wuhan Coronavirus Patients Left to Die Without Medical Care (SNIP) A report at the Epoch Times on Thursday found appalling conditions at the hotels in Wuhan, China, where coronavirus patients have been quarantined. Whistleblowing family members of the quarantined patients said they have been left to die without medical care.
Report: Wuhan Coronavirus Patients Left to Die Without Medical Care

Dr. Li died 29 days after first showing symptoms and one week after an interview with The NY Times. He believed it would be 15 days to recover. Instead he suddenly died after continuing to give interviews criticizing the government’s response.

Wuhan hospital announces death of whistleblower doctor Li Wenliang - CNN

I don’t trust those *******
giphy.gif

It's a difficult decision. As long as they're treating people humanely and giving them adequate protection from catching it, it may be the only way to slow the spread.

Well we already know they aren't doing that. Proper protocol is to isolate patients in special isolation units. They are putting them all together in giant rooms with no way to prevent spread. They don't have running water and are using porta potties outside if they can make it out.

Twitter

Guo Wengui, 73rd richest man in China: The Chinese regime has hidden the facts about the #coronavirus. More than 50 thousand corpses were burned in 49 crematoriums in the city of Hubei alone and said that the number of people infected with the virus in the country is 1.5 million.

Twitter

“49 crematories have been burning corpses 24/7 for at least 17 days, each day, 1,200 bodies burnt. ...”

eta: my deepest respect to those willing to risk their freedom and lives to shine the light of truth
A Coronavirus isolation facility coming my way.......... I am appalled, this is 25 minutes from where I live and has caused an uproar within the small local rural community. Located approx 1 hour south of Brisbane Queensland, in a quiet area with many young families, the decision was made between our state government and Ramada Resorts. There has been no community consultation or involvement in this decision. We are just coming out of a severe drought and massive bushfire season and it’s most distressing that our local community is now faced with this.:( IMO totally unsuitable.

“The resort in Kooralbyn was approached by the State Government to act as a temporary isolation facility for travellers who are at low risk of Coronavirus but still need to be quarantined.

The Packer Lodge at Ramada Resort Kooralbyn Valley will be used as a confinement area if the need arises. It stands about 300 metres away from the main building at the resort,

The Resort management was adamant in saying the people isolated there would not be confirmed Coronavirus patients, instead it would be a place for people to wait out 14 days to get the all clear.

“After much consideration and deliberation by the Resort management team, we are satisfied that the safety measures presented to us by Queensland Health and Queensland Police were thorough, detailed and meet all possible safety criteria,” management said in a press release.”
Scenic Rim resort to be used as low-risk Coronavirus facility

I so much appreciate this website as to so many various opinions and beliefs respectful comments.

While I was taking over a care package and visiting the front doorstep of people from China that were isolated in my neighborhood from China on self quarantine, others in the thread are scared of folks quarantined being in their City.

Just so very interesting to read other people's thoughts and discussions.

God speed to all.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/coronavirus-china-quarantine-endemic-1.5456641
Adam Miller · CBC News · Posted: Feb 08, 2020 rbbm

''China's efforts to contain the coronavirus outbreak by quarantining millions are unprecedented. But experts say if they fail, the global ramifications could be catastrophic.

An estimated 50 million people are under quarantine in China's central Hubei province. While there is hope for a downward trend in the number of cases, the unforeseen consequences of the quarantines have called their effectiveness into question.

"I don't think the quarantine was warranted in China," said Dr. Amesh Adalja, an infectious disease physician and a senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security.

"It probably is going to end up having a paradoxical negative impact, as it isolated the outbreak zone and made the situation worse there while sowing distrust among public health authorities and making it more logistically hard to get supplies there."

Adalja said the fact that quarantines were put in place weeks after the outbreak began is another reason why he believes they are ineffective in slowing the spread of the coronavirus.

Adalja said the fact that quarantines were put in place weeks after the outbreak began is another reason why he believes they are ineffective in slowing the spread of the coronavirus.

The first patient to develop symptoms of coronavirus fell ill in early December and had no contact with the seafood market in Wuhan where the outbreak is thought to have begun, according to a study of cases published in The Lancet late last month.''

It just seems odd that he was healthy enough to give a comprehensive interview, about 20 days after showing symptoms but a week later he’s suddenly dead?

Whats the progression of this disease? This article states that “some patients who at first appeared mildly or moderately ill then took a turn for the worse several days or even a week into their illness. The median time from their first symptoms to when they became short of breath was five days; to hospitalization, seven days; and to severe breathing trouble, eight days. Experts say that pattern means patients must be carefully monitored, and it is not safe to assume that someone who seems to be doing well early on is out of the woods.”

إخطار إعادة التوجيه

So he was 20 days into his illness when he gave that NY Times interview. Not 8 days. And then he died a week later.

He had it for almost a month. Isn’t it true that they die within the first 10-15 days if they’re going to die?

Those numbers do sound crazy inflated. It's very possible or even likely they aren't accurate. I'm also super confident the numbers coming from the CCP aren't accurate either. I'm afraid we will probably never know. How can we when they admit they are cremating everyone who dies? No one ever sees them again. There are no remains. How will anyone track numbers down in China under that regime and total lack of even graves?

There still doesn't seem to be a lot of diagnosis outside China but it does have the potential to explode in number. I guess we'll see over the next couple of weeks. The numbers everywhere else are suspiciously low compared to the official numbers. How is it even possible almost no one outside China is catching it or it's being admitted?

An evacuation flight carrying more than 150 British passengers has left Wuhan for the UK.

The Britons were airlifted from the Hubei province in what will be the second and final flight to be chartered from the region by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

They will be quarantined for 14 days in a Milton Keynes isolation compound.

South Central Ambulance Service said that Kents Hill Park, a conference centre and hotel, will be used to house the returning citizens after they land at RAF Brize Norton.

A Foreign Office spokesman said: 'Our final flight from Wuhan took off at 03.20AM (local time) with over 200 passengers on board, including our staff who have facilitated the flight and medics.

Evacuation flight carrying 150 Britons leaves coronavirus-hit Wuhan | Daily Mail Online

by my calculations, that means they are due into Brize Norton around 7am Sunday morning, UK time.
I hope they manage it with Storm Ciara hitting us tonight and tomorrow

Those numbers do sound crazy inflated. It's very possible or even likely they aren't accurate. I'm also super confident the numbers coming from the CCP aren't accurate either. I'm afraid we will probably never know. How can we when they admit they are cremating everyone who dies? No one ever sees them again. There are no remains. How will anyone track numbers down in China under that regime and total lack of even graves?

There still doesn't seem to be a lot of diagnosis outside China but it does have the potential to explode in number. I guess we'll see over the next couple of weeks. The numbers everywhere else are suspiciously low compared to the official numbers. How is it even possible almost no one outside China is catching it or it's being admitted?
BBM

I can’t get my head around this either.

Maybe it’s as simple as the virus had actually been in Wuhan for multiple weeks before they had any inkling about it. So it had multiple weeks to spread like the common cold before it was noticed- hence an enormous population of “infectees” by that point. Couldn’t be contained and only snowballed. Whereas here in US and elsewhere, we had a heads up. Can get on top of it sooner.

Although...... one would think that in those beginning undetected weeks of infections in Wuhan that people would have been traveling and infecting others elsewhere. And again, what about those 5 million people who evacuated before the lockdown?

Yep, I’m back to not finding an explanation of why no higher numbers of infection outside of China!

MOO

A Coronavirus isolation facility coming my way.......... I am appalled, this is 25 minutes from where I live and has caused an uproar within the small local rural community. Located approx 1 hour south of Brisbane Queensland, in a quiet area with many young families, the decision was made between our state government and Ramada Resorts. There has been no community consultation or involvement in this decision. We are just coming out of a severe drought and massive bushfire season and it’s most distressing that our local community is now faced with this.:( IMO totally unsuitable.

“The resort in Kooralbyn was approached by the State Government to act as a temporary isolation facility for travellers who are at low risk of Coronavirus but still need to be quarantined.

The Packer Lodge at Ramada Resort Kooralbyn Valley will be used as a confinement area if the need arises. It stands about 300 metres away from the main building at the resort,

The Resort management was adamant in saying the people isolated there would not be confirmed Coronavirus patients, instead it would be a place for people to wait out 14 days to get the all clear.

“After much consideration and deliberation by the Resort management team, we are satisfied that the safety measures presented to us by Queensland Health and Queensland Police were thorough, detailed and meet all possible safety criteria,” management said in a press release.”
Scenic Rim resort to be used as low-risk Coronavirus facility

I have no idea how I'd feel about this. It seems like it's basically the safest possible exposure. Everyone is accounted for, quarantined, monitored and only released after repeat negative tests. And there is no mingling with the population. I'm more concerned about people who are possible unknown carriers. At the same time I can imagine it's still a stressful situation. I wonder just how many of these are going to pop up unawares to the local populace.

Twitter
“Within the next 24 hours the number of people killed by novel coronavirus in 6 weeks will exceed the number killed during the 9-month SARS outbreak. Pausing to mourn and commemorate the lives of those lost and re-dedicate to reducing future losses as effectively as possible.“

It just seems odd that he was healthy enough to give a comprehensive interview, about 20 days after showing symptoms but a week later he’s suddenly dead?

Whats the progression of this disease? This article states that “some patients who at first appeared mildly or moderately ill then took a turn for the worse several days or even a week into their illness. The median time from their first symptoms to when they became short of breath was five days; to hospitalization, seven days; and to severe breathing trouble, eight days. Experts say that pattern means patients must be carefully monitored, and it is not safe to assume that someone who seems to be doing well early on is out of the woods.”

إخطار إعادة التوجيه

So he was 20 days into his illness when he gave that NY Times interview. Not 8 days. And then he died a week later.

He had it for almost a month. Isn’t it true that they die within the first 10-15 days if they’re going to die?
If comparing with the common flu, it's often not the flu itself that kills the patients, it's the complications following the flu, for example pneumonia, or a person may get a myocarditis or pericarditis (inflammation of the heart) which can kill after the flu is over. https://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/flu-complications

So the number of new cases has gone down a bit- but does that really tell us it’s “stabilizing”?? Wouldn’t we assume the number of new cases would go down since they are locking people in their apartments, fumigating the streets, and hauling the sick to mass quarantine?

I anticipate some news outlets/governments to claim how it’s good news that the new cases are decreasing so “Phwew, looks like they’ve reached a peak“, but I’m not finding the new cases number to be at all reassuring.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member