Coronavirus Global Health Emergency, 2019-nCoV

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As to your question of patient zero, don't know if just one as that has not been determined, but it has been widespread said by all that it was first found in December 2019, ergo the name of the virus 2019-nCoV.

Right, first cases reported Dec 31, 2019.

From the DailyMail
Communities around China order residents to get rid of their pets ....

"The first human cases were publically reported from the Chinese city of Wuhan, where approximately 11 million people live,
after medics first started seeing infections December 31.

By January 8, 59 suspected cases had been reported and seven people were in critical condition. Tests were developed for the new virus and recorded cases started to surge.

The first person died that week and, by January 16 two were dead
and 41 cases were confirmed."

So the Chinese data is valid?

Last edited:
Finally! I thought 3 days was not near enough when all other countries were on a 14-day quarantine.

US orders 14-day quarantine for Americans evacuated from Wuhan

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is ordering a 14-day quarantine for nearly 200 Americans who recently returned from Wuhan, China. They’ve been staying at March Air Reserve Base in California since then under a three-day voluntary quarantine.

Coronavirus news and live updates: UK confirms first cases as outbreak spreads - CNN

Australian researchers are tasked with forming a clearer picture of the deadly new coronavirus in order to pave the way for testing potential vaccines.

The CSIRO has been asked by a global group that aims to derail epidemics to help determine the key characteristics of the virus.

The Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations wants to know how long the virus takes to develop and replicate, how it affects the respiratory system and how it is transmitted.
Contained CSIRO lab to tackle coronavirus - 9News

Finally! I thought 3 days was not near enough when all other countries were on a 14-day quarantine.

US orders 14-day quarantine for Americans evacuated from Wuhan

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is ordering a 14-day quarantine for nearly 200 Americans who recently returned from Wuhan, China. They’ve been staying at March Air Reserve Base in California since then under a three-day voluntary quarantine.

Coronavirus news and live updates: UK confirms first cases as outbreak spreads - CNN
Thank you Jesus...Or whoever made the decision. Edit:and I hope they keep the person who tried to walk away yesterday, an extra day. Just. Because...

From the DailyMail
Commuities around China order residents to get rid of their pets ....

"The first human cases were publically reported from the Chinese city of Wuhan, where approximately 11 million people live,

By January 8, 59 suspected cases had been reported and seven people were in critical condition. Tests were developed for the new virus and recorded cases started to surge.

This makes me wonder what the medics were seeing so early on that made them realize it was something beyond a bad strand of flu ?

And, my opinion only, I’m not yet convinced that the data coming from China is accurate. Whether or not China is purposely underreporting is another conversation altogether, but with the pure volume they are dealing with, coupled with space restraints and understaffing for an event of this magnitude, I’m sure there is a fair amount of inaccurate data being provided.

Beijing says US response to coronavirus, 'inappropriate' as American and Delta ban flights to China | Daily Mail Online

• American Airlines cancelled US flights to China on Friday, and was to impose the ban until March 27
  • Delta will stop all US flights to China by next Wednesday, and will keep the ban going till at least April 30
  • Both bans come after the World Health Organization said the rapidly spreading outbreak constitutes a 'Public Health Emergency of International Concern'
  • The US State Department also issued its highest-level warning against travel to China on Thursday

Carrying permits demanding "fast passage", truck drivers rushed a 560-tonne shipment of disinfectant from eastern China to Wuhan, the locked-down city of 11 million people at the centre of a vast effort to contain the new coronavirus disease.
Outside the metropolis in central China, the cargo was shifted to local trucks with drivers in masks and protective suits, part of a tightly controlled flow of food and other supplies through checkpoints that have blocked most access to Wuhan since January 23.
As global anxiety about the new virus rises, authorities have blocked 50 million people from leaving Wuhan and nearby cities at the centre of the outbreak. That in turn requires a massive effort to keep them supplied with food and other necessities.
China locks down 50 million people amid coronavirus outbreak
BBM

First case in Sweden confirmed.

Folkhälsomyndighetens besked: Bör klassas som en samhällsfarlig sjukdom

The first confirmed case of coronavirus in Sweden, a woman in her 20s, has been discovered in Jönköping, according to the Public Health Authority.

The 15 Swedes who are in the Chinese 11-million city of Wuhan, where the infection was first discovered, will be helped to get home.

From the DailyMail

BBM
I'd get rid of my pets (FAMILY) over my cold dead coronavirus ridden body.....JUST SAYIN!!

From the DailyMail

BBM
I'd get rid of my pets (FAMILY) over my cold dead coronavirus ridden body.....JUST SAYIN!!

ETA : I wouldnt be eating them in the first place (yes I know)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member