Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweden confirms first case of coronavirus

Sweden has confirmed its first case of coronavirus, a woman in Jönköping county who had visited the Wuhan area of China.

When the woman landed in Sweden on January 24, she was free of symptoms of the infection, but later developed a cough and contacted a local hospital. She was isolated in the hospital's infection clinic, but is not seriously ill.

Coronavirus news and live updates: UK confirms first cases as outbreak spreads - CNN

CDC has investigated 241 US patients for coronavirus

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has listed 241 patients under investigation for the novel coronavirus in 36 states.

Of them, six have tested positive, 114 negative, and 121 are still pending.

There is one case is in Arizona, one in Washington state, two in California and two in Illinois.

CDC is the only lab in the US that can conduct diagnostic testing for the virus, but it is developing coronavirus testing kits to share with "domestic and international partners."

Interesting as it was 165 cumulative as of 2 days ago prior to arrival of the group from China. Now it is 241. Wish I understood their stats as I would have expected all the folks from the trip to be included. I guess it's just folks that fit the criteria of having symptoms for their definition of patients under investigation. Here are previous screenshots from 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)

jan27.JPG Jan29.JPG Jan31.JPG

www.statista.com/chart/20634/confirmed-coronavirus-cases-timeline

Re: Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Jan 30, 2020

If confirmed cases in China seem to double every 2 days,
when was patient zero?
Jan 6?

As far as prep,
it doesn't hurt to consider
what size jug might accommodate one's head?

As to your question of patient zero, don't know if just one as that has not been determined, but it has been widespread said by all that it was first found in December 2019, ergo the name of the virus 2019-nCoV.

Soooo they are not liking U.S. etc. recommending no travel???? Soooo glad your article mentions the Canada/China tension. Citizens kill your pet but world come on over and enjoy yourself :mad: Did I really expect anything else. It's just tough to actually read it. China has never been on my bucket list and never will be. Isn't it wonderful I can say that without fear.

Coronavirus scare for NYC, but Health Department says no confirmed patient anywhere in five boroughs

Eight NYPD precincts in Queens were warned early Friday to be careful if visiting Elmhurst Hospital over a possible coronavirus patient. “Make sure the officer has proper gear (mask) to protect themselves," the message said.

The message, sent at 1:56 a.m., said an Asian male in his 50s was admitted to Elmhurst with the illness. But the city’s Department of Health said it has no information about a confirmed case anywhere in the five boroughs.

The FDNY and the NYPD also could not immediately confirm a coronavirus patient in New York.

www.statista.com/chart/20634/confirmed-coronavirus-cases-timeline

Re: Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Jan 30, 2020

If confirmed cases in China seem to double every 2 days,
when was patient zero?
Jan 6?

As far as prep,
it doesn't hurt to consider
what size jug might accommodate one's head?
Sadly, it’s coming down to that. (Desperate times. Desperate measures)

I suppose for the wealthy they can get in line to retrofit their various homes : Filtration Systems, Air Filters, MN WI HVAC, HEPA, Camfil, UVC, FSIMN | Isolation Room Filtration

Two flights chartered by the Chinese government have brought stranded travelers from Hubei Province back home from Thailand and Malaysia.

The Xiamen Airlines-operated flights landed at the international airport of Wuhan, the provincial capital of Hubei.

The flight from Bangkok, Thailand, carried 76 passengers. It is unclear how many people were aboard the flight from Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia; authorities had earlier said that the two flights were expected to bring back more than 200 Hubei residents.

Arranged by the government, two Boeing 737-800 jets took off from the southeastern Chinese city of Xiamen on Friday afternoon.

The statement added that passengers would be billed for their flight.

Coronavirus news and live updates: UK confirms first cases as outbreak spreads - CNN

China is a mess. :(
Sad but true...
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics