Coronavirus Global Health Emergency, 2019-nCoV

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here we go... not me. I'm not doing what's required...

An American who flew out of China on a chartered flight tried to leave a Southern California military base where authorities have been monitoring nearly 200 people for coronavirus symptoms, health officials said.

US coronavirus: An American who was evacuated from Wuhan tried to leave base - CNN
I hope they consider that some of these people may have anxiety issues that will cause them to act out of the ordinary for them. They should have doctors on hand, not only monitoring the coronavirus situation, but who are also able to help with the anxiety that some will have. A little extra help with mild anxiety meds is probably called for.

An American who flew out of China on a chartered flight tried to leave a Southern California military base where authorities have been monitoring nearly 200 people for coronavirus symptoms, health officials said.

US coronavirus: An American who was evacuated from Wuhan tried to leave base - CNN

Well, of course, he doesn't want to be locked up with a bunch of folks who have an illness! He is perfectly fine, doncha know. o_O

Google eating bats in India medicinal bats

Sold in these markets include Seba's short tailed -bats,
mouse-eared bats, and common vampire bats.
Flying foxes are killed for use in traditional medicine.
... Tribes in the Attappadi region of India eat the cooked flesh
of the Indian flying fox to treat asthma and chest pain.

From link, thanks.rbbm. Like a real life last man on earth type film, imo.

''Jarred Evans is one of the evacuated Americans staying at the California base for at least 72 hours.
Before landing in the US on the chartered flight, he spent more than a week holed up in his apartment in Wuhan as coronavirus raced through the city. During that time, he said, residents sent panicked messages, warning others to take precaution.''

"It hit fast and ... it just was very hectic for, like, three days straight," he said. "I got the news from my Chinese friends saying, 'Hey, stay inside. Wear a mask. Don't go outside, stock up on some food 'cause this is going to get serious.' And as you can see, it's very serious."
And through it all, it felt surreal, like a bad dream as the city got cut off from the rest of the nation.
"When you're there and there's no transportation, no trains, no subways, no planes, the military is blocking off each and every aspect of the road. No Ubers, nothing. Mom and pop stores are closed. You think to yourself, like, is this real? Is this a movie? Is this a nightmare?" he said.

From link, thanks.rbbm. Like a real life last man on earth type film, imo.

''Jarred Evans is one of the evacuated Americans staying at the California base for at least 72 hours.
Before landing in the US on the chartered flight, he spent more than a week holed up in his apartment in Wuhan as coronavirus raced through the city. During that time, he said, residents sent panicked messages, warning others to take precaution.''

"It hit fast and ... it just was very hectic for, like, three days straight," he said. "I got the news from my Chinese friends saying, 'Hey, stay inside. Wear a mask. Don't go outside, stock up on some food 'cause this is going to get serious.' And as you can see, it's very serious."
And through it all, it felt surreal, like a bad dream as the city got cut off from the rest of the nation.
"When you're there and there's no transportation, no trains, no subways, no planes, the military is blocking off each and every aspect of the road. No Ubers, nothing. Mom and pop stores are closed. You think to yourself, like, is this real? Is this a movie? Is this a nightmare?" he said.

It kind of makes it seem like the Preppers had the right idea all along.

One thing that I think is important to keep in mind when we start thinking about mortality rates is that, just like other respiratory illnesses such as the flu, there are doubtless more (likely many more) cases of mild illness in Wuhan that haven’t been tested or officially confirmed and aren’t included in the tally of those infected.

I bet that the guy who is quarantined has contacted a lawyer, to file suit on the inhumane treatment, detention without justification, lack of prior notification that he would be detained, and so on...

Our main concern from fellow Australians today is the total amount of people flying into Australia each day from China..........

“Australia was still allowing up to 49,000 people from arrive from China each week, including nine flights to Sydney on Friday alone.”

“A workers union warns airport security staff may walk off the job if Australia’s airports don’t do more to protect them from the deadly coronavirus.

The United Workers Union has accused airports of telling staff, including security officers, they can’t wear protective gear at work as it would make passengers feel “uncomfortable”.

It comes amid growing calls for Australia to ban flights from China in the wake of the coronavirus global emergency.

A poll by news.com.au found nine out of 10 people favoured suspending flights to and from the country.”
Growing calls for Australia to ban flights from China
BBM

Our main concern from fellow Australians today is the total amount of people flying into Australia each day from China..........

“Australia was still allowing up to 49,000 people from arrive from China each week, including nine flights to Sydney on Friday alone.”

“A workers union warns airport security staff may walk off the job if Australia’s airports don’t do more to protect them from the deadly coronavirus.

The United Workers Union has accused airports of telling staff, including security officers, they can’t wear protective gear at work as it would make passengers feel “uncomfortable”.

It comes amid growing calls for Australia to ban flights from China in the wake of the coronavirus global emergency.

A poll by news.com.au found nine out of 10 people favoured suspending flights to and from the country.”
Growing calls for Australia to ban flights from China
BBM

I just noticed there's a poll calling on the Government to suspend flights from China, might be worth signing:

Sign the Petition

Another one about the first two cases diagnosed in the UK

Prof Chris Whitty, chief medical officer for England said: "The NHS is extremely well-prepared and used to managing infections and we are already working rapidly to identify any contacts the patients had, to prevent further spread.

"We have been preparing for UK cases of novel coronavirus and we have robust infection control measures in place to respond immediately," he added.

Two coronavirus cases confirmed in UK

Have they specified the city or region does anyone know? TIA

ETA DM article above says Newcastle

The official statement was that the location wasn't currently being released, but I did see the DM put out a request for the public to let them know.

I would be interested in knowing if either or both of these cases have traveled abroad recently and, if so, to/from where and how long ago they returned.

Qantas will reportedly be sending a crew to Hong Kong tonight in the first step of the plan to evacuate Australians from Wuhan, China.

The plane is expected to stop in Hong Kong before continuing on to Wuhan on Sunday, according to Nine News.

Up to 600 people are expected to be evacuated from the city, with the flight expected to arrive in Darwin at 2.30am on Monday.
Qantas sending crew to Hong Kong in first step of Wuhan evacuation

some headlines overnight:

Japan now has 17 confirmed coronavirus cases

Japan confirmed three new cases of the novel coronavirus on Friday, bringing the total number of cases to 17.

Italy declares state of emergency
Italy declared a state of emergency, a day after two Chinese tourists were the nation’s first confirmed cases of Wuhan coronavirus. The two tourists had arrived in Rome a few days earlier. Italy has also suspended flights to and from China.

Thailand confirms five additional cases of coronavirus, bringing total to 19
Four out of the five new cases are Chinese citizens from Wuhan. The fifth case is a Thai taxi driver. He is the first Thai citizen infected with the virus who has no record of traveling to China, but was exposed to individuals who had traveled from China. Two of the 19 cases are Thai citizens.

South Korea to send another charter flight to Wuhan Friday night to repatriate citizens
The flight is expected to depart Wuhan early Saturday morning. About 700 South Koreans in Wuhan registered to return. South Korea’s first charter flight repatriated 368 of these citizens; 350 have been sent to quarantine facilities, while 18 others exhibiting symptoms on arrival are being tested.

Israel to quarantine all airline passengers from China at home for 14 days
Israel’s Ministry of Health is requiring all airline passengers returning to the country from mainland China to self-quarantine for two weeks, instructing passengers to stay home for 14 days and not go to public places. The government also suspended all direct flights from mainland China to Israel. The quarantine order applies to passengers flying on indirect flights from China to Israel.

https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-01-31-20-intl-hnk/index.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member