Corrections Dept on BAEZ's comments!!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wish they would plea also.... just to avoid this horrid horrid story being on tv everyday.:bang:

BUT .. as one of the experts said on LKL last night .... Casey is very adamant she did not do this..... Hopefully the right evidence could change her mind.:raincloud:

Unfortunately, I think she's convinced that she can bat her eyes, dab a few tears, and walk away from this. I looking forward to her being bitterly disappointed.

I disagree. I don't think she's capable of emotional discomfort. For her, the funeral would be "lights, camera, action". She gets to be a star, again. I can't imagine the perp passing that up!

And for the rest of the world to see her attending.... how dark and anguishing that day will be. There is nothing good that could come from it, IMO.

For what its worth, Elementary, I have to agree with you - I dont really think KC will feel emotional discomfort either. She is going to be more worried about how SHE appears to the world, and sure while she may feel sort of SHRINK around her friends and family, a sad droopy face and some tears might make them all feel sympathy for her once again.

I have to agree with you DianeB...I believe Casey should attend the funeral...I believe it may at least make her face the reality of Caylee being dead. Well, if anything could do that....a funeral might.....Although I do agree that she may not be safe with all the people out there who are ready to lynch her..JMO

I would like to know if she would cry at Caylee's funeral or not. Or would she still have that same smirk she's had all along.

Quite frankly, I don't know how I could even stand up at my child's funeral. I"m not sure I could even make the arrangements, though I suppose I would.

So it could look "motherly" if KC is "too distraught" to go.

Unfortunately, I think she's convinced that she can bat her eyes, dab a few tears, and walk away from this. I looking forward to her being bitterly disappointed.

I believe that too and I believe JB has fed into her delusions also.

I have no sound on my pc, can someone tell me what this dispute is about? What was Baez complaining about and what was DOC's response?

For Doteyes ... DOC's response...

Alan Moore, corrections department:

"I can understand Mr. Baez maybe being agitated, but we have in every case followed policy and protocol with Casey Anthony. We've given her no special treatment beyond what is required from a security or treatment standpoint and for Mr. Baez to say it's unprofessional we find that very offensive."

I continue to wonder how all these people found each other.Jose' says and does things that are unbelievable and tic people off.The Anthoney's say and do things that are unbelievable and tic people off. The Kid Finders say and do things......blah blah blah.
Thank goodness LE and Corrections continue to act professionally and appropriately.

good post....also remember sp wanted to go to Lacy's funeral--DENIED--even his parents weren't allowed....

WOW! Really? we didnt get too much coverage of that case here, so even his parents were denied?? Oh well then maybe it is correct that KC will not get within cooee of the funeral.
Would the same go for the remaining A's if they were on remand for any reason?

A bit harsh, Onelost, given the larger context of the "game" at foot.

Agreed that Jose seems to be a somewhat ineffective counsel, given Judge Strickland's (sp) latest rulings. I don't know why JB does these things that seem not only to waste his time, but also to piddle away the time of the court and resources of LE. Hmm. Makes one think.

But I think that for a while--a long while--he bought KC's stories. I think he is used to a lower denominator offender (marijuana, car wreck whiplash, lead poisoning, etc). So please don't say that JB is stupid or a moron or an idiot or buffoon or other terribly hurtful words when he is just trying his best as a defense attorney. When I read accounts of the motions or see tapes, it is painful at times. MOOO.

Plus side: he is just, perhaps, "ept" enough to not to have the case overturned on appeal regarding sufficiency of counsel.

PS: me 3, u 1

OK so you know bigger words than I do :p

ETA- although I do recognize defense attorney, marijuana, counseling- oops I mean counsel. things like that lol

:waitasec:The state has to keep her from harm until the gavil smacks guilty as charged. Too bad for us that we won't be able to watch KC squirm when she is confronted by all her friends showing a united front for Caylee. All of her hip swishing ways will not keep her from the lions who want to put her to the task of truth. I firmly believe that if LE could use KC's past friends, boyfriends, ect... as, "Scared Straight," type of confrontation she might cave. As a immature sociopath she would try and think up more excuses in the form of lies to explain to friends the why & how of Caylees demise & why she fells she is not responsible. I feel (because sociopaths become elated when they think they have connected with someone,) that she may have given us more verbal clues had she been able to make a written or verbal connection to TL. The act of connecting to Tony was her first and formost thought, before Caylees demise, after Caylees demise, & her first incarceration. I don't feel TL was any more important than other males in her life but he has the distinction of being the last male invloved with KC. Had KC not have given birth to Caylee, was out on her own as a sociopath trying to blend into society by working or going to school Tl's placement would validate her as someone who is loved & appreciated. She has been looking for not love in all the wrong places but a place that looks and feels like love. I can't say enough how the presence of all the young adults involved in this case, surrounding KC at a funeral, without JB silencing, restraining her in some way, could make her brake. She doesn't appear to be a skilled long term sociopath.

Frankly, I hope the trial will be televised---for all of us who have hung on for so long it would be cathartic.

I think your assessment of the "public" and "male relationship" aspects of KC makes sense. But I think that no "love" would be enough for KC unless it was CA's love, no matter what, and that love would have to have no questions or quibbles until the end of time. Romantic, unrealistic, childish, perhaps.

Ask Baez, her sole visitor, with whom--aside from jailors--is her only "love" now. No questions or challenges from a parson, family, psych counselor, girl or boy friend. Damned lonely. Oops. Started to feel sorry. Not. Love means *never* saying you are sorry....(older person's reference), it's someone else's fault. Fairly immature and novice level for what KC did according to her google searches for neck breaking, chloroform, missing children, and ZFG....

One poster (another site) noted that for all our notions about what KC did and how and why, it was pretty simple. She is, most probably, not as clever or as deep or interesting as we give her credit for. Enigma.

Why is this even being debated - you are in jail without bond - you dont get out
Every inmate has the potential to have a family death - Reason 123 for not
committing crime - you miss family funerals wakes memorials and
celebrations and gatherings .

Sp parents were not disallowed from going - they chose not to since the rochas
werent doing it the P way. Jackie wanted to wait until Scott was free ...... They did threaten to disown one son who was planning to attend . He didnt go but hasnt
been seen or heard from since.

Mrs. Peel, Love you profile name She is my hero!!! Don't you think it is alittle brainwashing to only speak to your counsel except for the niceities to inmates & jail staff? JB wants to keep someone who is known to be a flagrant chatterbox very silensed. I'm sure it bothers KC to not be able to ramble on to someone. JB knows her actions and speech do not memick a true grieving mother and he certainly doesn't want that to be known.

For Doteyes ... DOC's response...

Alan Moore, corrections department:

"I can understand Mr. Baez maybe being agitated, but we have in every case followed policy and protocol with Casey Anthony. We've given her no special treatment beyond what is required from a security or treatment standpoint and for Mr. Baez to say it's unprofessional we find that very offensive."

I thought I heard B. say at his pc he had an agreement with them he'd be the one to tell KC & when the chaplain did instead they had gone back on their word..IOW..They were liars!

Did I imagine that? :confused:

A bit harsh, Onelost, given the larger context of the "game" at foot.

Agreed that Jose seems to be a somewhat ineffective counsel, given Judge Strickland's (sp) latest rulings. I don't know why JB does these things that seem not only to waste his time, but also to piddle away the time of the court and resources of LE. Hmm. Makes one think.

But I think that for a while--a long while--he bought KC's stories. I think he is used to a lower denominator offender (marijuana, car wreck whiplash, lead poisoning, etc). So please don't say that JB is stupid or a moron or an idiot or buffoon or other terribly hurtful words when he is just trying his best as a defense attorney. When I read accounts of the motions or see tapes, it is painful at times. MOOO.

Plus side: he is just, perhaps, "ept" enough to not to have the case overturned on appeal regarding sufficiency of counsel.

PS: me 3, u 1

I gotta' say, this guy has known from the beginning that his client is guilty. Lawyers are trained to sift throught the b.s.. He knows what's up. He also knows what he is doing. Don't think for a second that this guy is making all these decisions on his own. He is getting excellent advice from other attorneys with more experience. Look, he has no case. So, he is doing every little thing he can to try to create a chance for his client. For example, half the motions he filed he did not think would be granted. He's just trying to create smoke and mirrors to dazzle the two or three naive people that will likely get on the jury, and/or, try to set up for appeal by saying his team was not allowed to be part of the process of examining the remains.
I know lawyers like JB. As someone said above, they repulse me. They are not motivated by any sense of decency, or sympathy/empathy for their clients, or by any lofty sense of trying to uphold the tenets of the constitution by affording the accused a fair trial. If that was the case, he would have had "his girl" plead out awhile ago.
What his ilk are motivated by is fame, money and power. They want to win as much as possible and make as much as they can and hob nob with other soulless creatures, showing off their boats and McMansions and jewels and clothes and cars. They will die prematurely of health problems due to their virulent ambition which keeps them working ridiculous hours and away from the things that matter like family, health and beauty.
He was absolutely stoked to get this case. It's a dream to a third year lawyer with his desires. Because it has just guaranteed him an unending client base for the rest of his career.
His cocky arrogance, his condescencion and scolding as if he is an authority who has the right to tell the public how to act and what to think, all of it sickens me. But, he could care less. He is right where he wants to be.
Just don't think he gives a rats azz about his little client. She is just a rung in the ladder of suce$$ to him. And don't underestimate the guy. As I said above, he knows exactly what he is doing.

the worst part is that I don't think that he believes he should...he just wants the public to think he is been mistreated and handled unprofessionally although he knows he is not...does that make sense?
He is playing mind games on the possible jury pool. the problem is that he's a terrible poker player because he is showing all of his cards.

That was my first thought as well. That he was just using this as another opportunity to say that Casey has been treated unfairly by the system.

"That courtesy was not given to us," he said. "That lack of professionalism, I'm really at a loss for words ... She's innocent and we are moving forward and again you really don't know half of the story," said Baez.

oye! Then tell us Mr. Baez...caylee's gone now, there's no "i'm worried they'll kill my baby" crap to pull, so let it all out! It's time, and we are all ears to hear not only HALF, but the ENTIRE WHOLE story from your client.

sheesh.

Will it be KC or her parents? If her parents are responsible, I believe KC has to agree to assign that responsibility to them.

If KC is not allowed to attend the funeral, will the spiteful one be inclined to assign the arrangements over to her parents? Will KC want to prevent a public memorial? Or even a private family burial?

I am predicting that the fight over funeral arrangements will be the next heart-wrenching twist in this saga.

According to my hubby the funeral director her parents would be able to sign the funeral arrangements as "next of kin" seeing as how her mom is unavailable at the moment and they would be able to do so without her oral or written permission.

I thought I heard B. say at his pc he had an agreement with them he'd be the one to tell KC & when the chaplain did instead they had gone back on their word..IOW..They were liars!

Did I imagine that? :confused:

No, Baez requested to to be the one to tell Casey if they remains were confirmed to be Caylee's but the Jail denied that request because it is Jail Policy that only the Chaplain at the Jail inform the inmates of death notices.

Baez spun it into "Casey Truth" and accused the Jail of going back on an agreement they never made in the first place. :rolleyes:

Typical.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties