Could Lee Anthony face charges for obstruction of justice? PART TWO

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if LA has ever been in trouble with the law before?
Has anyone looked for LE called to HIS home after he moved out of family house?
Just wondering........

It's so highly unusual for a lawyer to announce charges "might" be laid, because that leads us to believe his client is guilty of something though doesn't it? Luka acted as though he would welcome the charges. Most odd.

That tells me this is nothing about Lee and everything about rattling someone else out there. Maybe the defense team? Time will tell.

It's all about Lee, Mr.Slick....not as slick as he thinks.
Cindy and George's attorney basically said the same thing about possible charges. No one else has mentioned anything about any other persons that could have pending charges except some inept "writer", "blogger" that was once the Anthonys spokesperson. She is a known liar. And that can be backed up.

Too bad. I just noticed that the myspace page with the link to the portion of the CNN interview with Luka and the reporter who questioned him is no longer open without a membership.

I couldn’t find the original interview on CNNs website/videos at all, don’t know why.......?

I sure hope he faces some charges.

I have always thought he was involved.

Always all up in it... wanting info, doing "investigating".. then he disappears for a while....

mmm hmmm.

I knew it.

CHARGE IT PLEASE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Do you hope he faces charges based on speculation and rumor? Or only if he actually did something illegal?

If Lee did something to intentionally obstruct, well he has to face the music just like anyone else. If he did something unintentionally, I hope LE who knows the big picture would take into account motive and all circumstances and go from there.

Personally I hope no charges are brought against him, because I hope he's done nothing wrong. Why would anyone wish this family anymore ill will than they already have?

I didn't see it that way at all. To me, it seemed like someone speaking to a child, leading her down a path of realization, trying to make KC understand what the logical result of her ridiculous story was going to be. Instead of saying, "KC, that's bs and you know it", (and starting an argument that would result in KC shutting down)he's trying to make her come to her own logical conclusion that nobody was going to believe her, and she needed to tell the whole truth.

JMHO

Thank you for this Marple, I was beginning to think I must be very naive. Now at least I know if I am, I'm in good company!

I have posted before that I do think that La knows everthing the Ca knows. And yes he should be charge with OJ if proven. I think in the visit between La and Ca (the coded) that he was walking on eggs shells, has all Anthonys that talk with her. They did not want her to shut down. Why would LA lawyer comes out and tell the world that LA could be facing charges at the same time PI came out with the video? Someone is going down in Anthonys.(beside casey). Also Ca tells her parents that she told LA this and that. (more than once) LA knows everything.

A = Casey's house
B = Lee's house
C = Caylee's remains found

2rzqg5w.jpg

this a great map thanks! can you show how far the dead end is on Subrban dr.
How far from the back of school where they were to party

Does anyone know if LA has ever been in trouble with the law before?
Has anyone looked for LE called to HIS home after he moved out of family house?
Just wondering........

I've never looked to see if there were any calls to service to his house, but as far as other, he has a few traffic violations, that was it. If he has a juv. record., of course that would be sealed.

this a great map thanks! can you show how far the dead end is on Subrban dr.
How far from the back of school where they were to party

You can see on this map how far the dead end is. The school is situated at the end of Suburban, north of the road. The arch of Breckenwood Dr constitutes the woods behind the school where they used to party....according to no one with any real authority to figure out what area Kio was talking about but assumed by many to be the place.

It's so highly unusual for a lawyer to announce charges "might" be laid, because that leads us to believe his client is guilty of something though doesn't it? Luka acted as though he would welcome the charges. Most odd.

That tells me this is nothing about Lee and everything about rattling someone else out there. Maybe the defense team? Time will tell.

Does anyone think LE is taking seriously Casey's claim that Lee made a move on her (she was a minor and the other taboo?) and that might explain any of the current craziness surrounding him and his lawyer's odd strategy/statements? They are diversions?

I hope this possibility hasn't already been talked about.

ar.
Rough transcript of CNN video (see link)

Reporter: I’m trying to make some sense and figure out what you are saying. His sister asked him to do something that he thought was an innocent request and maybe it wasn’t so innocent? That he threw something out and.......? Am I getting warmer?

Luka: Well actually you’re not. You’re very cold.

Reporter: Really???

Luka: ....He had talked to Casey several times in jail at law enforcements request. He has fully cooperated with police......

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=49276953

Wouldn't it be illegal for Lee to do this - act as an agent of the police - without informing Casey - she was by that time represented by JB? Or for that matter, being represented doesnt' matter, but wouldn't he have to Mirandize her?

Wouldn't it be illegal for Lee to do this - act as an agent of the police - without informing Casey - she was by that time represented by JB? Or for that matter, being represented doesnt' matter, but wouldn't he have to Mirandize her?

No, if Lee is acting as an agent of the police and is not in any way deputized but offers to see if he can ferret out information, he is nothing more than an informant and does not need to tell anyone of that fact. That's why attorney's tell their clients not to talk to ANYONE without the attorney being present.

No, if Lee is acting as an agent of the police and is not in any way deputized but offers to see if he can ferret out information, he is nothing more than an informant and does not need to tell anyone of that fact. That's why attorney's tell their clients not to talk to ANYONE without the attorney being present.

If Lee is acting as an agent of the police, after, a suspect has been arrested, charged and Mirandized, I think it is a bit different than just anyone talking to a suspect, without LE's prior knowledge, or, prior to an arrest.

It will be interesting to see what results from this, and, why his attorney is blabbing about this now.

If Lee is acting as an agent of the police, after, a suspect has been arrested, charged and Mirandized, I think it is a bit different than just anyone talking to a suspect, without LE's prior knowledge, or, prior to an arrest.

It will be interesting to see what results from this, and, why his attorney is blabbing about this now.

Anyone can talk to anyone else they want to. If someone is represented by an attorney and they choose to talk to another person against the advice of that attorney, that is their right. A police officer sitting in a bar talking to a perp does not have to inform the perp that they are a police officer, even if the perp is represented by an attorney. The perp is given strict warnings not to talk to anyone, and this is the reason why. In an interrogation room, the perp cannot be questioned after invoking the attorney. However, a citizen acting as spy for the cops is still just a citizen, regardless of where the information they gather might go. The perp with the lawyer is warned to keep quiet.

GA knew the smell in the car was decomp.He continued to tell CA [according to his LE interview] that the smell was pizza. Does anyone think GA and LA had a conversation about what the smell really was in the first couple of days? Or did he continue with the smelly food story with LA ,also?
I haven't figured out the family dynamics yet.I'm wondering at what point LA would logically have concluded something happened to Caylee.

Or did he continue with the smelly food story with LA ,also?
I haven't figured out the family dynamics yet.I'm wondering at what point LA would logically have concluded something happened to Caylee.

It sure would be interesting to know what was said privately between GA and LA during all of this.

Personally I think LA figured it out fairly early on. IIRC, there was a period of time when he dropped out of sight and I believe it was probably around that time frame. It's like he was suddenly avoiding the family.

The following is the Florida stature regarding obstruction of justice:
http://www.rpfoley.com/lawyer-attorney-1170536.html

The only ones I can think of as being a possibility for Lee are the ones I bolded. This is the definition of those are:

........snipped....

Quote:
843.14 Compounding felony.--Whoever, having knowledge of the commission of an offense punishable with death or by imprisonment in the state prison, takes money or a gratuity or reward, or an engagement therefor, upon an agreement or understanding, expressed or implied, to compound or conceal such offense, or not to prosecute therefor, or not to give evidence thereof, shall when such offense of which he or she has knowledge is punishable with death or imprisonment in the state prison for life, be guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084; and where the offense of which he or she so had knowledge was punishable in any other manner, he or she shall be guilty of a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

History.--s. 20, ch. 1637, 1868; RS 259

Do you have a link showing that Lee accepted a bribe?

Does anyone think LE is taking seriously Casey's claim that Lee made a move on her (she was a minor and the other taboo?) and that might explain any of the current craziness surrounding him and his lawyer's odd strategy/statements? They are diversions?

I hope this possibility hasn't already been talked about.

Frankly speaking, think LE is really past considering KC a credible source of information.
IMO this sounds more like an attorney doing some "pre-damage" control to win sympathy for his client "should" anything arise. Lee may have learned things in conducting his own "investigation" that he withheld that could have really advanced the case. I think back to the 7/25/08 conversation where he tells Casey he had learned some things. Then he tells her "The Truth Does Not Hurt" and goes on basically to encourage her to speak with LE on her own, with or without Jose.
He told her that what he had learned he had given to Mom who would turn it over to Jose.

Could also be a ploy that LE wants him to think they're coming for him to pressure the family to get back in and address the matters they had left pending with LE.

I think once the proper respect has been given to them for a grieving period, LE is coming and coming strong for what they knew and when. JMO

Frankly speaking, think LE is really past considering KC a credible source of information.
IMO this sounds more like an attorney doing some "pre-damage" control to win sympathy for his client "should" anything arise. Lee may have learned things in conducting his own "investigation" that he withheld that could have really advanced the case. I think back to the 7/25/08 conversation where he tells Casey he had learned some things. Then he tells her "The Truth Does Not Hurt" and goes on basically to encourage her to speak with LE on her own, with or without Jose.
He told her that what he had learned he had given to Mom who would turn it over to Jose.

Could also be a ploy that LE wants him to think they're coming for him to pressure the family to get back in and address the matters they had left pending with LE.

I think once the proper respect has been given to them for a grieving period, LE is coming and coming strong for what they knew and when. JMO

I totally agree!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

Anyone can talk to anyone else they want to. If someone is represented by an attorney and they choose to talk to another person against the advice of that attorney, that is their right. A police officer sitting in a bar talking to a perp does not have to inform the perp that they are a police officer, even if the perp is represented by an attorney. The perp is given strict warnings not to talk to anyone, and this is the reason why. In an interrogation room, the perp cannot be questioned after invoking the attorney. However, a citizen acting as spy for the cops is still just a citizen, regardless of where the information they gather might go. The perp with the lawyer is warned to keep quiet.

If he is an agent of the police he cannot talk to her then without her attorney being present, since she has counsel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl