Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a little tidbit of info for those of you who think this is strickly a gossip site - it is a well known fact that LE from all over frequently read here and have deducted useful information that have helped them in many cases. If you don't believe it, just PM the owner of the site and she will back it up. This is very reputable site and Tricia does not allow bogus info, however we are allowed to speculate.

WHY would two teams of men dressed in black converge upon this home during daylight hours? Just before 7:30 PM- still light outside.

How many other home invasions do we know of which were not " up close and personally motivated" which occurred at this early hour? I've never heard of any.

I understand now more why the utility room door was unlocked. I read the 7:40 ish time frame but it really didn't sink in until just now. MAYBE this was some kind of rage kill ( overkill) for a motive other than strictly robbery?
We think a certain family has no enemies, and maybe THEY don't think they do either.. But all people in the business world and also in the foster care to adoption process probably have created some unknowing grudges.

IMO, Capote's " In Cold Blood" was so significant in literature because the criminology and criminal psychology was so absolutely unusual. It was also set in a time period at least 60 years ago with a down-home Kansas farmer and his innocent family who had never interacted with the killers Smith or Hickock.

What's the chance that this is a random home invasion done in a total clown vehicle with Chuck Norris wannabes before it was even freaking dark outdoors?
The psychological aspects of the known facts point to rage.
Now I wonder where the rage came from, whether totally unwarranted or with a precipitating factor of some sort... which the Billings' may have been totally unaware of.

JMO.. I know motive doesn't have to be established, but I am a behaviorist first and foremost.

Maria

LET?? a 13 year old... be for real. Helping the case?? I didn't realize you people were licensed detectives.
Do you think for a moment that the victims family would find the speculations you've posted here "uplifting"? do you think those children would read all this and Say Yeah! I mean ... gee that baby favors this guy and wow, her last name is byrd and his first name is byrd and gee maybe they were adopted..
I believe in freedom of speech, but don't kid yourself that this is anything other than a big huge gossip site.
helping the case...give me a break.

I have been a lurker here for a long time and a member for a while,the people here are mostly here because we have been victims or our loved ones were.This site is far from a gossip site, many leads that some have found on cases posted has helped LE in the past.The members here are very kind to give up time away from their own life and family to try to piece together events to try to help.If God Forbid I was murdered I would be one happy angel if they sleuthed what happened to me.

WHY would two teams of men dressed in black converge upon this home during daylight hours? Just before 7:30 PM- still light outside.

How many other home invasions do we know of which were not " up close and personally motivated" which occurred at this early hour? I've never heard of any.

I understand now more why the utility room door was unlocked. I read the 7:40 ish time frame but it really didn't sink in until just now. MAYBE this was some kind of rage kill ( overkill) for a motive other than strictly robbery?
We think a certain family has no enemies, and maybe THEY don't think they do either.. But all people in the business world and also in the foster care to adoption process probably have created some unknowing grudges.

IMO, Capote's " In Cold Blood" was so significant in literature because the criminology and criminal psychology was so absolutely unusual. It was also set in a time period at least 60 years ago with a down-home Kansas farmer and his innocent family who had never interacted with the killers Smith or Hickock.

What's the chance that this is a random home invasion done in a total clown vehicle with Chuck Norris wannabes before it was even freaking dark outdoors?
Now I wonder where the rage came from, whether totally unwarranted or with a precipitating factor of some sort... which the Billings' may have been totally unaware of.

JMO.. I know motive doesn't have to be established, but I am a behaviorist first and foremost.

Maria

While Lpatrick probably didn't mastermind it, he could have very well choreographed it. It really does sound like a b-movie. I wonder if they were going into Walmart to buy their ninja-wear? LE knows (or will) they'll get the receipts.

All of these sick and twisted minds, each with their own proclivities. It sounds like a Stephen King plot (who is Randall Flagg?)

I have been a lurker here for a long time and a member for a while,the people here are mostly here because we have been victims or our loved ones were.This site is far from a gossip site, many leads that some have found on cases posted has helped LE in the past.The members here are very kind to give up time away from their own life and family to try to piece together events to try to help.If God Forbid I was murdered I would be one happy angel if they sleuthed what happened to me.

:blowkiss:

Maria

ITA Rage was a part of this, I think patrick is a psycho who was over flowing with rage and IMO it would not take a lot for an innocent party to become his target or targets.

Hi
I am new here. I stumbled across this site reading a comment someone left at pnj.com
When I first started reading all the post I admit to thinking how broad the speculation was but then I started seeing some really, really helpful info. I am a family member and I know how much her father loved his daughter and was proud of the women she had become. This is an extremely emotional time for them all. And while some may see this as total speculation , I say if a group of caring and obviously smart people can come together and gather info that can get all the people involved in this murder put behind bars then please get to work. And I thank you. But I do understand how a family member could read this and take it personal. Don't! If you were at the police station I am sure they are speculating too and that may possibly be what gets the rest of these people behind bars.Forgive me for not rechecking my post for errors but I was in a hurry.

Hi
I am new here. I stumbled across this site reading a comment someone left at pnj.com
When I first started reading all the post I admit to thinking how broad the speculation was but then I started seeing some really, really helpful info. I am a family member and I know how much her father loved his daughter and was proud of the women she had become. This is an extremely emotional time for them all. And while some may see this as total speculation , I say if a group of caring and obviously smart people can come together and gather info that can get all the people involved in this murder put behind bars then please get to work. And I thank you. But I do understand how a family member could read this and take it personal. Don't! If you were at the police station I am sure they are speculating too and that may possibly be what gets the rest of these people behind bars.Forgive me for not rechecking my post for errors but I was in a hurry.

:Welcome-12-june: To Websleuths and thank You.

I meant every word,I firmly believe some here have really missed their calling but where led here by a higher power.I am learning a lot from you and others.Please read this document and tell me if your meter is going off or am I fishing in the wrong pond LOL.

http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/admin/ig/publications/investigations/2008-0017.pdf

I found the court document this just seems to much of a coincidence to me What DO YOU ALL THINK?SHE HAS A 50 MILLION DOLLAR LIEN against her from the billings and she also worked for DCF hinky meter screaming to me.

I'm not sure how it's all connected, but it's weird in anycase. I wish we knew the reason behind the lien. I was even thinking would a cruise ship injury warrant a lien like that? But she'd have to own a ship and I doubt she does. lol. I'm completely befuddled about the lien.

I keep meaning to ask a question and keep forgetting. How and when did the Billings little girl pass away?

I'm not sure how it's all connected, but it's weird in anycase. I wish we knew the reason behind the lien. I was even thinking would a cruise ship injury warrant a lien like that? But she'd have to own a ship and I doubt she does. lol. I'm completely befuddled about the lien.

That lien is driving me crazy lol, I have even been checking out Fla ship wrecks where silver coins where found lol.I have not found a connection but find it to strange not to be connected somewhere.

http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/admin/ig/publications/investigations/2008-0017.pdf

I found the court document this just seems to much of a coincidence to me What DO YOU ALL THINK?SHE HAS A 50 MILLION DOLLAR LIEN against her from the billings and she also worked for DCF hinky meter screaming to me.

Not only did she have to deal with the consequences of her DCF screw up, her house was foreclosed on the next month and she has filed bankruptcy! So HOW could she have come to sign over something that she didn't even have? It's SO hinky. . . . .

Not only did she have to deal with the consequences of her DCF screw up, her house was foreclosed on the next month and she has filed bankruptcy! So HOW could she have come to sign over something that she didn't even have? It's SO hinky. . . . .

Thank You I have been waiting for my new meter to explode. It would be great to find the rest of the dots.She had a heck of a lot of bad luck hmmmmm now I wish I knew the families last name darn blackout.What are the chances somehow she blamed the Billings for her horrendous streak of luck .

I keep meaning to ask a question and keep forgetting. How and when did the Billings little girl pass away?

I believe she had cerebral palsy. I think that's what the local news reported this evening when talking about the Billings 17 children.

While I know you intend no harm and certainly this crime is horrible beyond words, much of your speculation and certainly your digging into myspace & facebook links and posting links of other family members -is very hurtful. Its unfortunate, but the persons being charged in these crimes also had innocent family associations and with this being all over the media, friends and others are doing web searches that are turning up speculation and pictures of those that are innocent and grieving and scared. I understand sleuthing, but I have spent the last day consoling family members who happened upon this web site and your speculations. It has done a lot of damage. Much of what you posted may have been "public" but it wasn't something a 13 year old knew until you blasted it here. Take a care. Many are being hurt.
I am so sorry for your pain. There are threads here that provide support to family members that may help at this time. It's terrible that a child so young should be a victim of this tragedy. There are too many children here that have now become victims of this senseless crime.

I read and re-read it and it sound like Billings gave her money or another type of security for something and wanted to make sure she knew that she owed him her life.

It basically says that she is in debt to him for every last penny she ever earns - and this was filed on January 26, 2006 - a year before the DCF investigation.

She refinanced her house earlier in 2006 and the amount was for less than 50,000.

ITA Rage was a part of this, I think patrick is a psycho who was over flowing with rage and IMO it would not take a lot for an innocent party to become his target or targets.

I think rage had to be a part of this as well, and it blows my mind that there were possibly 7 other participants! How did the mastermind convince 6 or 7 other people to go along with this, and did they all know it would end in the murder of two beautiful parents whose children needed them? I wonder if he tried to unsuccessfully recruit others in the crime and if those people will come forward and talk?

I read and re-read it and it sound like Billings gave her money or another type of security for something and wanted to make sure she knew that she owed him her life.

It basically says that she is in debt to him for every last penny she ever earns - and this was filed on January 26, 2006 - a year before the DCF investigation.

She refinanced her house earlier in 2006 and the amount was for less than 50,000.

Can someone just go out and put a lien like that on someone? I know I've heard of domestic terror groups putting liens against people they hate and target...like the town mayor, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper