Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the author "Melanie Billings" is different: http://www.atlanticbridge.net/publishing/otherresources/editors.htm

Thanks for that link, and welcome to WS's!!! I just find it fascinating that a woman named Melanie AnnE Billings went thru the process of establishing a trademark/copyright under "Maritime Claims Rules C(6)" on 12/12/2005 where her name could not be used by anyone else. Then, the very month that Melanie AnnE Billings was murdered, someone published a book under the name of Melanie Ann Billings. Life truly is stranger than fiction, huh?? Sadly, this tragedy is a horrible example of how much more tragic real life can be than anything Hollywood can dream up.

wow! That's so confusing to me. How can someone end up owing someone anything and everything?

Momma, Read this statement here. I think showed owed him everything until her debt was cleared.

Attachments

• annsimmons.jpg
    annsimmons.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 35

-------------------------

Vessel
Name Registered To Registered
Address Hailing
Port Ship Builder Build
Year Vessel Type Gross Tons Length
(in ft)
LOUD ANN OBNOXIOUS ANN SIMMONS * * PORTER, INC/THUNDERBIRD 1993 Recreational 11.00 41.70

Looks like about a $150-200K boat.

Porter bought Thunderbird, rolled into Formula brand.

Momma, Read this statement here. I think showed owed him everything until her debt was cleared.

I should've worded that differently. I guess I just never knew that you could do that to someone. I'd always thought that if you were to be brought to court that they would have to leave you some money to survive with. I just didn't know that they could say everything you make for the rest of your life is mine now.

Gonzalez Jr. disputes case against him

Gonzalez spoke at his court appearance this afternoon, saying sheriff’s investigators are relying on the confession of a mentally ill man -- his father, Leonard Patrick Gonzalez Sr. -- with a history of giving false confessions. He also asked to be released on his own recognizance, which Escambia County Judge Thomas Johnson denied.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090714/NEWS01/90714017

Well, if that isn't a case of the pot calling the kettle black! :croc::Benny_monkeysmilies

Same person as buyer hmmmm now thats is interesting!!!Great find.

The address listed for the notary "Patricia Phillips" on the documents comes back to:

10. Beach Auto's Incorporated - (Map It)
5331 N Palafox St
Pensacola, FL 32504
(850) 437-0090

wow! That's so confusing to me. How can someone end up owing someone anything and everything?

IANAL, but those unilateral filings likely aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

To me, the wording is much like the tax-protesters use, BUT it simply does not work, it is gobbldy-gook.

My best guess is that these unilateral "liens" were filed as an attempt to document a debt, but one whose specific details were not intended to see the light of day.

A true Maritime Admiralty lien does not even have to be recorded, as pointed out here:

http://www.duhaime.org/LegalResources/MaritimeLaw/LawArticle-430/Maritime-Liens-A-Primer.aspx

Do we even know Melanie's maiden name? We know she had biological children before being married to Byrd but was she married to their father?

Her name used to be Melanie Brock-Billings, according to that legal doc posted a short time ago.

Chuck

Well, if that isn't a case of the pot calling the kettle black! :croc::Benny_monkeysmilies

IMHO,

This is actually a terrific sign. The more dissent and backbiting and dealmaking they have among the eight, the better off we are.

The fact these two "royalty bearing DNA" (!) father and son, one who changes his name to be closer to paw, has now shown how thick their relationship really is when the pressure is on (it crumbles immediately), the more we see the TRUE character of junior, who, from what I see, has been a snake in the grass for a long, long time.

I must've missed something...I've gone back and looked and can't find the gap. Where is the link to Ann Simmons owing them everything? Was there another lien?

I think Melanie was referring to herself being part of the twins. The caption on the picture of the babies says "my twin". In another slideshow on her myspace there is a picture of her and another woman that looks like it was taken recently and the caption says "my twin". MOO

Earlier I referred to the Christmas Day story, that pnj ran in 2005, Melanie talks about adopting one son, from a set of twins. The other twin was "normal" and not adopted out, and stayed with the bio mom. Melanie adopted the other twin....

Now the pics of the infant twins, could be the children she was referring too (in her slide show), however, the other picture is of her and someone she is referring to as HER twin. The one infant clearly has Downs, the other doesn't...

IANAL, but those unilateral filings likely aren't worth the paper they are printed on.

To me, the wording is much like the tax-protesters use, BUT it simply does not work, it is gobbldy-gook.

My best guess is that these unilateral "liens" were filed as an attempt to document a debt, but one whose specific details were not intended to see the light of day.

A true Maritime Admiralty lien does not even have to be recorded, as pointed out here:

http://www.duhaime.org/LegalResources/MaritimeLaw/LawArticle-430/Maritime-Liens-A-Primer.aspx

On #3 These maritime liens can rank ahead of even mortgages, so you can imagine the bank’s surprise if you buy a vessel with borrowed money and the bank later learns there is a maritime lien on the vessel for more than the vessel is worth!

Could this be a spin off of mortgage fraud but boats instead of homes?

Do you remember the Petit-Hawke home invasion? That was a brutal and torturous killing (including two of the females being raped... one was only 12).

The family was targeted because the monsters saw them buying groceries and followed them.

To us the level of violence may seem personal... but in that case it wasn't.... and I believe past behavioral issues and drugs were involved then.

in this case... drugs were mentioned during the presser .. and then they moved on seemingly unwilling to clarify. I wouldn't be surprised to see drugs involved here... and the murders to have been calculated and cold blooded without having a close personal tie.

JMHO

Yup, here is some info on a site that seems to indicate a group of people trying to use "Admiralty Law" in er... ah... "novel" ways:

* The UNITED STATES is the only government that enforces admiralty law inland.

* since there are no requirements for filing a maritime lien, and no proof required, one can provide the public a Notice of Claim of Maritime Lien by recording it with the county or with the Secretary of State or recording it on a UCC1. (which is what Byrd did)

* "defines a vessel as a person and it is also common language in the dictionary and the Bible. " (so, this lays the groundwork to extent to people and not just boats in their minds?)

* a recorded maritime lien would be a valid counterclaim as an affirmative defense against those "notices of interest" (i.e. a traffic ticket! So I claim I am a maritime 'vessel' , not a US Citizen, thus immunizing me from any proecution? C'mon. but that is what I think I read from Melanie's rather odd filing...)

etc.
http://www.loveforlife.com.au/book/export/html/4652

It all looks very cheesy to me, IMHO. The seeds of madness.

I must've missed something...I've gone back and looked and can't find the gap. Where is the link to Ann Simmons owing them everything? Was there another lien?

Chuck, I just re-read the doc. Yes, her house was leined. She owed 32,000 something to Byrd. Her home located in Jay, FL on Highway 182.

Wait a sec though, isn't there some type of FL law that protects people with judgements against them. Isn't this how OJ gets away with not footing his settlement bill???

A woman I worked with got in bad financial shape... REALLY bad.

A man we worked with helped her but she had to sign over everything to him, but she was given a living allowance (very generous) until things were settled. They had some paperwork done... to outsiders it probably seemed bizarre, but he loved her like a daughter... wanted to help her but teach her too.

Chuck, I just re-read the doc. Yes, her house was leined. She owed 32,000 something to Byrd. Her home located in Jay, FL on Highway 182.

Wait a sec though, isn't there some type of FL law that protects people with judgements against them. Isn't this how OJ gets away with not footing his settlement bill???

Well with OJ... part of it is retirement and pension accounts... those can't be touched.... don't know the rest of it

Okay the twin situation. Melanie and Bud adopted one of a set of twins. However it is a really messed up story. I'll tell you what I remember of it. The mother was pg with twins, one with Down's the other (normal). The child with DS, Jake, was put up for adoption and was adopted by a couple in or around tallahassee. Years later that mother got liver cancer I believe it was. The adoptive father had never had much to do with him. The adoptive mother was convinced she was going to die. So Jake was put up for adoption again. Mel and Bud got him when he was 4. He was actually placed into my classroom along with another of the BIllings children at that time. He is an absolute doll. I believe Jake was originally from MId-north of the country, can't remember exactly which state. I do not know that Melanie has ever had contact with the bio parents at all.

story of the twins

Did Patricia Phillips have a middle initital or middle name? There are about 50 Millions "Patricia Phillips" on the sunbiz.org website... Trying to narrow it down!

did patricia phillips have a middle initital or middle name? There are about 50 millions "patricia phillips" on the sunbiz.org website... Trying to narrow it down!

phillips patricia ann;
phillips ronald l

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members