Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.pnj.com/article/20090710/NEWS01/907100342
snipped
For extra protection, the driveway has a sensor and the house is fully alarmed. When a door is opened, a beep is sounded and an adult checks to make sure a child has not stepped out.

The house also has a camera in every room. Thirty days of footage from each camera is constantly retained.

I wonder if they had some warning from the driveway sensor.If the criminal read this they would have know about the safety features makes you wonder why the RED VAN was used.

You are correct the surveillance had a 3 second delay the sheriff said.

Just FYI, the local news interviewed the bro and sis of LPG sr just now. She said that they weren't crazy or in need of mental help that they were both simply mean and evil and needed to be removed from society. She also said that everything was all about money to them (LPG sr & jr).

Do you have the station call letters or a link? The station might put up a video. I would love to see that.

That's a name I haven't heard before. And Welcome to ws!

Thank you for the welcome.

Gwen Echo is mentioned in this re-print of the article from 2005 in PNJ
http://www.pnj.com/article/20090710/NEWS01/907100342

If I'm not mistaken, she was the one who called 911 after being contacted by one of the children. The sheriff said they would be releasing the 911 tape at some point. I guess we'll find out if it was her who called then.

Some hits show that "name" being associated with a local church. An email address (that I saw associated with that name) matches a hit in Facebook, but that brings up a "Jenn Castor" and then nothing else I could find. I have no idea if it's related in any way to the caretaker's name, as the name is unusual, but not that uncommon.

No, I don't think she's a suspect, but these guys were such criminals. Who knows what lengths they went to extract information from innocent people.

It is such a sad, sad story. :(

The Billings had a good sized property. How many maintenance people did they have or did they manage the groundskeeping and housekeeping on their own?

About the van: I'm beginning to think it was used because it would take 4 people in it AND be able to stash large items that may have been taken (or they planned to take) from the residence.

At the same time, it simply may have been the only other vehicle they had that they could use.

I wonder if some or one of the suspects did some handy work or worked with a contractor in the home. IE: Elisabeth Smart case.

I'm sorry I can not possibly suspect Gwen. I can't believe she would do something like that. She loved them and the kids as much as we all did.

You have to understand you could not know these people and NOT love them. It was simply impossible. They were generous to friends and family to a fault. If you needed anything from them all you had to do was ask.

Thank you for this information!!! My gut has been telling me these people were "good" people who did not have any dealings and were just plain victims of a senseless crime motivated by some money. I posted earlier about this.

Do you have the station call letters or a link? The station might put up a video. I would love to see that.

www.pnj.com - Pensacola News Journal
www.northescambia.com - a smaller news site for communities in the Northern part of the county
www.wkrg.com - CBS affiliate for Pensacola, based in Mobile, AL
www.nbc15online.com - NBC affiliate for Pensacola, based in Mobile, AL
www.weartv.com - ABC affiliate for Pensacola, based in Pensacola, FL
www.fox10tv.com - FOX affiliate for Pensacola, based in Mobile, AL
www.nwfdailynews.com - Newspaper for Ft. Walton Beach, FL and Destin, FL areas (Okaloosa and Walton counties are 2 and 3 counties East of Escambia, respectively)

I was gone for a bit and missed the presser. I did watch part of the presser video. So am I to understand that LE has LPG Jr and two black guys on video at Walmart buying the ninja clothing?

BTW, there is a pic frozen on the top story video showing them at Walmart, or wherever they were at. Looks like LPG Jr took one of his boys along....nice dad.
http://www.weartv.com/

I wonder if some or one of the suspects did some handy work or worked with a contractor in the home. IE: Elisabeth Smart case.

Coldiron step daughter said he had worked there helping with landscaping in the past.

Coldiron step daughter said he had worked there helping with landscaping in the past.

WearTV said one of the three suspects in custody is the "mastermind." Could be LPatrick Sr or Jr or.. Coldiron. I'm thinking Coldiron was the 'mastermind' at this point.

Does anyone have the Billings address on hand??

Not absolutely positive yet 9717 Mobile Highway Pensacola, Fl is listed on many of their docs with escambia clerk of courts

Thank you for this information!!! My gut has been telling me these people were "good" people who did not have any dealings and were just plain victims of a senseless crime motivated by some money. I posted earlier about this.

Hi everyone! I agree wholeheartedly - thanks for the imput, and please don't be offended as we dig for info. . . it's a process and not meant to disparage anyone!!!! I have a question that Mom23 might be able to answer. When checking Melanie Billlings in Escambia records last night, there were a couple cases that "stuck out". It looks like she had to fight for childrens rights in court - God Love Her. The first case that bugs me is regrading the estate if Arnold Sorrells and the respondents are James and Dwight Sorrells. Was there another estate issue here? These guys appear to be the same kind of low life criminals that Lpatrick associated with - could there be a grudge motive as well as robbery?

The other one is "Michael S Billings" in regard to the custody of "Byrd Starling" (What a beautiful name!). Did Melanie take custody of her own son's child? Are any of her children (or Byrd's) estranged from the family?

I can't imagine that's the case - but could there be an angry biological parent involved?

Thanks again - You guys ROCK!!!! There is so much info being found!

WearTV said one of the three suspects in custody is the "mastermind." Could be LPatrick Sr or Jr or.. Coldiron. I'm thinking Coldiron was the 'mastermind' at this point.

They now say 3 of the kids may have seen some of the killers upclose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper