Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mistaken identity

The Pamela Long sought in the Byrd and Melanie Billings murder case is not the only Pamela Long in Gulf Breeze.

Pamela Marie Long, who owns the real estate development company PMG Group, was being confused Wednesday with Pamela Laverne Long, who was sought by the Escambia County Sheriff's Office.

She said she received a slew of phone calls from friends and media from across the country minutes after Sheriff David Morgan announced the search for a woman named Pamela Long, but gave few other details. Reporters also gathered in her yard. The sheriff later announced that Long's married name is now Wiggins.

"I just got off the phone with someone from 'Inside Edition' and they asked me, 'Do you know police are looking for you?' " Pamela Marie Long said. "I am not that Pamela Long. Please let people know that."

(snipped)

http://pnj.com/article/20090716/NEWS01/907160312

OMG, I am so sorry for the links I posted regarding that. Dang, it is a dangerous biz with so many similar names, esp with a person using a ton of aliases, and many arrests, issues, etc.

I feel so bad that an innocent got drug into this amazingly evil whirlpool.

I intend to be particularly careful to make sure it is clear what I know from what I am speculating.

:doh:

Whomever said that Pamela Wiggins is now out on bond, do you have a link to this info? If it was on the news, did they mention how much her bond was? Thank you.

With 3 children dying......1 OD, 1 choking, 1 of cpalsy
how much life insurance did the Billings get?[/QUOTE

The number of people who have life insurance policies on their children in the USA is extremely small. For parents of disabled children, getting even HEALTH insurance for children with pre-existing conditions often proves nearly impossible. If they can get it at all, it is quite expensive. It is quite unlikely that they could GET life insurance on these kids, or that they would WANT it, or that they would have the extra funds to PAY for it ! Any implication that they would actually be hurting their children in order to profit from it in some way is about as unjustified as one could get in this case. These people are VICTIMS, why would anyone accuse them of such evil with no knowledge that they got any insurance money at all?!!!!

Someone used the word snarky in an earlier post. I think it applies here as well:

http://pnj.com/article/20090716/NEWS01/907160315/-1/special

Crime Stoppers director Jeff Van Camp said that because Kathryn Colbert's tip came through the Sheriff's Office, she is not eligible for the $3,000 reward. He also claimed that someone else might have given the Sheriff's Office the same tip.

"We're taking her word for it, but all I know is you've got to call Crime Stoppers to get a reward," Van Camp said. "She should have had a little patience."

Poor Grammy "Drew" (Kathryn Colbert), fellow sleuth, just trying to be a good citizen.

I don't think this is quite accurate. Some of the financial stuff is weird. People can't understand it. I have repeatedly read posters saying... THESE PEOPLE DIDN"T DESERVE TO BE MURDERED.

As for the drug smugglers... that could have happened through the dealership and when Byrd found out was going to turn evidence in. There was a post that some cars he purchased didn't have titles.

Just because people speculate that drugs etc are involved does not mean that they think the BILLINGS were involved in them.

I think the vast majority of this board is sympathetic and upset about this senseless tragedy.

If you have an issue with a few specific posters...then I think it might be helpful to report the post. If it violates the guidelines of the board - which is a board that very clearly supports respect to victims - then it'll be addressed. Or PM the person individually. I just think that might be more effective and a little more appropriate.

I was refering to DIRECT posts (not speculation)that indeed STATE or infer the Billings were involved in criminal activity,anti government activity AND "child stealing"-not once,not twice but NUMEROUS times these statements have been made & gone unchallenged. I have been a member of W/S since 2004-I know full well the intention s of this board as a whole which is why Im so shocked & dismayed enough to post a few times regarding the bashing that started fairly soon after this case broke & has garnered steam nearly unquestioned on here.VERY out of character for W/S!!!!!!!!

I dont see how,if its "appropriate" for those statements to be made than my questioning it/calling it out is "inappropriate"! Of course I have reported the posts but as for contacting the poster directly? Ignored as theres an obvious agenda or just a blantant disregard involved SO its,imo,appropriate to put it out so EVERYONE can see..........I know Im not the only one who has expressed frustration & upset at how the Billings are being presented............we all want to see justice served in this case but blaming the victims ISNT the way to go about it!!!!!!!!

Its DISGUSTING...........The Billings were drug smugglers,militia members,tax evaders oh & apparently they stole children! Ive never seen such wild conjecture & bashing about victims & its just going on & on.Its like some people want to "justify"their murders............:furious:

I don't recall anyone saying that the Billings were drug smugglers or militia members or tax protesters, or that they stole children. What I see is people from the OUTSIDE of this case trying to make sense of the OVERWHELMING elements of the case.

If you think that the sheriff investigators never probed the same information we have here and looked at ALL angles then you are seriously misguided.

I am new here myself, but can see that the seasoned members here conduct thereselves with the utmost respect and care for ALL the victims of this crime.

Speculation is the start of investigation...

This St. Mary address is the same address Ashley (Billings) Markham uses in the 2009 Corp Report for Worldco Finance:

http://sunbiz.org/pdf/40339444.pdf

So, who owns it?

I notice her husband James Markham lists a different address on the same filing.

I am just starting to dig in to the docs some more, I didn't want to leave you hanging.

The above doc- worldcom with Ashley Markham place of business DATED Jan 12, 2009 is after the phillips foreclosure. So I will need to find the docs on them purchasing the property from the Citimortgage. Purchasing can be done after the forclosure or before the foreclosure in a short Sale (short sale is negotiating with the bank before a foreclosure to purchase the property at a lesser value)

NOTE: there are other docs missing that I can put the pieces together, however with the docs I have viewed so far, nothing is showing red flags.

The links NO LONGER work...???

Can someone refresh my memory on the Markhams? Ashley is the billings daughter, married to James? who is Blue?

Thanks for this info, I was curious as well about the time. What's weird to me is that it is still very light at 7:30 p.m. around here, and doesn't start getting dark til well after 8. That is an extremely early bedtime IMO but I guess with that many children, it may be reasonable. It looked light in the surveillance tape to me, but maybe that was just the lighting on my TV? Regardless, it is not dark at 7:30. Not even close.

I know when my children were young and I had been with them all day and needed a break, I would put them to bed early. I can remember them telling me, it's not dark yet. I told them it's dark somewhere.

and your OPINION is helpful to this case...how????

That particular post was indeed an indulgence, and I made that clear at the start. You will find most of my other posts contain links, analysis, data, etc.

If you want to further discuss your views (or mine) on the FREAKIN IDIOCY of this whole tax protester movement stuff, I'd be happy to entertain the dialog via PM, but that is the last I'll mention it here. Does that satisfy you?

:)

I am just starting to dig in to the docs some more, I didn't want to leave you hanging.

Can someone refresh my memory on the Markhams? Ashley is the billings daughter, married to James? who is Blue?

Yes, Ashley is their daughter. I think Blue is her husband, though I'm not 100% sure on that. I look around on www.pnj.com

It may be that they still aren't sure where she fits into this whole thing, so arresting her likely gives them some control on keeping her from leaving town.

They let Casey Anthony out on bond too! just saying

I know when my children were young and I had been with them all day and needed a break, I would put them to bed early. I can remember them telling me, it's not dark yet. I told them it's dark somewhere.

I used to put my children to bed early too. It must have taken quite some time for getting so many children ready for bed. I wonder if the perps had taken that into consideration when plotting to rob/murder this couple.

At least the children remained safe, despite this horrific crime.

Something big is going to be announced I bet with all the delays it seems somethings going on IMO Heard a reporter talking to court guy he asked I bet it something good, c guy said I would think thats what it means.I love a live feed!

BOLDED BY ME..........TAKE KIDS FROM OTHERS????? WTH???????

The subtle victim bashing on this thread is making me sick...........these people opened their home & hearts to (mainly)special needs & disabled kids & now,due to some legal documents NOBODY understands everyone is branching out,with ZERO PROOF,that these were zealous anti government /anti tax activitists (MILITA MEMBERS have been bandied about)& apparently "TAKE KIDS FROM OTHERS"...........adoption is stealing now??????????????????????:mad:

The tone of this thread has such wild conjecture & with some of our newer posters displaying some obvious (unexplained) personal bias..........I cant believe Im seeing it on my beloved websleuths...........THE BILLINGS FAMILY ARE VICTIMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your zest to 'convict' them or somehow justify their murder alot of you seem to have forgotten that!!!

I understand and sympathize with your emotion. However, I think people are following what little data can be found, and are indeed extrapolating or speculating, t and that leads to the next step... which, so far keeps leading to some very peculiar things in their business and legal filings.

Now, I don't doubt for a minute they were fine people with the kids and family, and all, but the reality is that no one (IMHO) is on here with an agenda to tar innocents or turn the victims into the culprits, but are trying to follow legitimate leads and routes of inquiry that might shed light on what otherwise appears to be a senseless crime, and a sensational one at that.

It is hard to do that and uncover what appears to be potentially unsavory facts about otherwise wonderful appearing people, who were clearly wrongfully murdered in cold blood, without raising some sensitivities. I thnik the mods and regulars here are doing a terrific job of making sure the atmosphere is personable and driving to the point.

I hope you will consider that, even though it is clear you are genuinely and understandably upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess9976