Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously, there are a few loose ends in this case. One thing that I haven't resolved is the identity of the Staff on duty. I thought I had heard, early in the case, that the Billings Estate included Staff quarters. Was that April Spencer (from the arrest docs listed as Rep Person)? I'm just trying to check that off my list.

The PNJ is reporting the following today:
http://www.pnj.com/article/20090718/NEWS01/907180322/1006/RSS01

"Defendants get attorneys

-- Assistant Public Defender Tony Henderson said Friday that he will likely be one of a team of attorneys representing Leonard Patrick Gonzalez Sr.

-- Sharon Wilson will represent Wayne Coldiron.

-- Clinton Couch will represent Gary Lamont Sumner.

-- Cheryl Ann Alverson will represent Frederick Lee Thornton Jr.

-- As of Friday, Leonard Patrick Gonzalez Jr. and Pamela Wiggins did not have attorneys. Gonzalez Jr. is expected to have an attorney from the Office of Regional Conflict Council, which represents co-defendants of suspects represented by the Public Defender's Office. Wiggins was accompanied by attorney Charlie Wiggins to the Escambia County Sheriff's Office earlier this week.

-- Information was unavailable for Donald Ray Stallworth and Rakeem Chaney Florence."

Based on experience from living in Pensacola, sometimes the PNJ doesn't get it right.

This may have been answered since I was on here last night, but there were questions about an attorney, BM, being in pictures with PLW; I used to work in the building where his office is/was and have exchanged pleasantries with him a few times. BM is in none of the pictures of or associated with PLW.
This story says PLW was accompanied by an attorney with the same last name as hers, does anyone know if there is a connection?

Given that the Billings had drawn up docs proclaiming themselves Sovereign Citizens (those docs have been produced in these threads, so we know it's true), I wonder if the perps expected there to be a large cache of guns in the home? They could have reasoned that people associated with this group might stockpile weapons, fearing like many do that Obama will "take away their guns." The perps may have imagined that people subscribing to this political philosophy would hoard gold and guns. Then they may have become enraged if they found out there were no such stockpiles there.
It would explain why they thought they needed five people to go inside.

Has anyone found anything on Hugh Gregory Wiggins?

Yes. I posted it about here yesterday, but haven't seen anything else posted about in this thread. (Then again, my eyes are going fuzzy from all the info.)

According to this article from CCN....

The husband of Pamela Long Wiggins faces a charge of accessory to felony murder after the fact.

Snipped from the article:
"The husband of Pamela Long Wiggins, who faces a charge of accessory to felony murder after the fact, told authorities the safe was in the backyard of a home she owned, an arrest report said."

Anybody have more information about this? This would be Hugh, right?

I haven't found anything else significant. Nor has anyone posted about it here. Very surprising... because have been suspicious of Hugh since he made the statement that he knew where the safe was buried and it was in the backyard at Pam Wiggins' home.

Why hasn't HE been arrested yet??

Also in this article from ABC news:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=8096669&page=1

Two men claim to Pam Wiggens' current hsuband. Hugh Wiggens and Jim Malden, Jr.

Snipped from the article:

"Jimmy Malden Jr., another man besides Hugh Wiggins who claims that he is married to Pamela Long Wiggins, told "Good Morning America" today that his wife liked to brag about her wealth.

'She likes to boast a lot about her position in society," said Malden, who has been trying to divorce Wiggins for years.'"

IF this is true and can be verified, I wonder if polygamy charges against Pam Wiggens in the near future. :confused: Datz one klassy lady. :doh:

"As of Friday, Leonard Patrick Gonzalez Jr. and Pamela Wiggins did not have attorneys. Gonzalez Jr. is expected to have an attorney from the Office of Regional Conflict Council, which represents co-defendants of suspects represented by the Public Defender's Office. Wiggins was accompanied by attorney Charlie Wiggins to the Escambia County Sheriff's Office earlier this week."

Can someone explain this please? What exactly is the Office of Regional Conflict Council?

I just wanted to comment on Stallworth - From all of my reserach on him - he was more of a follower and a wannbe - My guess is he was recruited by Gary Sumner, who Stallworth had "stars in his eyes" (my own quote for) -- I believe he had quite a few kids to feed and IMO, military families can have a VERY hard time with money -- OT: IMO, they underpaird. I think he was an easy target to be recruited on this crime if he was in need of money and my guess that is likely - not that robbery is acceptable, IT IS NOT - but I believe in my hearts of heart this person likely did not know a murder was going to be commited -- I also think with the right representatin, if this really is the case that this could be proved in a court of law - being that he is in the military will be able to show a schedule of where this person was and when, I have a hard time believing someone with a military career and a family would be able to practive for such a crime for 30 days prior ---they will also be able to line up cell pings on these guys for last however many days to be able todetermine when and how they were together- I truly believe there are innocent families with children of the perps being affected by this and for them I am sorry too as they prob victims in this as well.

I am not a perp sympathizer, please don't take it this way - I just think there are a few "naive" ones on this team - and IF there were supposed to be multiple safes removed this would explain why SO MANY of them!!!

Also, I just wanted to mention something. I am using full names of the arrested suspects. It's my understanding from a few post from the mods (in the other thread)... that it's A OK to use the real names of the SUSPECTS ARRESTED and the victims, but you are supposed to use INITIALS of parties not otherwise mentioned as officially associated in the case. (Attorneys are ok, though.)

For example - Pam Wiggens, L.Patrick Jr, Gary Sumner, etc.
But BM, CS, AS, and the like should remain using initials. That includes the juvenile, RF. Additionally, an accompanying official media outlet link would be ok, too. For example, PNJ, NWF, CBS, CNN, etc.

Mods, do I have that right? :o

If so - can we please use the names of the perps and not their initials. It's really confusing at times, especially for us noooooobs.

Call me crazy but maybe this was a "dryrun" for bigger things to come.

Given that the Billings had drawn up docs proclaiming themselves Sovereign Citizens (those docs have been produced in these threads, so we know it's true), I wonder if the perps expected there to be a large cache of guns in the home? They could have reasoned that people associated with this group might stockpile weapons, fearing like many do that Obama will "take away their guns." The perps may have imagined that people subscribing to this political philosophy would hoard gold and guns. Then they may have become enraged if they found out there were no such stockpiles there.
It would explain why they thought they needed five people to go inside.

Sovereign Citizens? Does that status make any difference in regard to the Billings Rights under the law, in regards to prosecuting LPG jr and the rest of the who done it clan?

"As of Friday, Leonard Patrick Gonzalez Jr. and Pamela Wiggins did not have attorneys. Gonzalez Jr. is expected to have an attorney from the Office of Regional Conflict Council, which represents co-defendants of suspects represented by the Public Defender's Office. Wiggins was accompanied by attorney Charlie Wiggins to the Escambia County Sheriff's Office earlier this week."

Can someone explain this please? What exactly is the Office of Regional Conflict Council?

"Effective October 1, 2007, when the Office of the Public Defender, at any time during the representation of two or more defendants, determines that the interests of those accused are so adverse or hostile that they cannot all be counseled by the public defender or his or her staff without a conflict of interest, or that none can be counseled by the public defender or his or
her staff because of a conflict of interest, and the court grants the public defender’s motion to withdraw, the office of criminal conflict and civil regional counsel shall be appointed and shall provide legal services, without additional compensation, to any person determined to be indigent under s. 27.52"
http://www.floridabar.org/TFB/TFBPu...37A7944BC6D97429852572F80055FE76?OpenDocument

Sovereign Citizens? Does that status make any difference in regard to the Billings Rights under the law, in regards to prosecuting LPG jr and the rest of the who done it clan?

No. People can declare themselves sovereign citizens all they want, but it doesn't affect their legal rights, duties, etc. (Even though they seem to think it does.)

For those of you that have just very recently joined, it would be to your benefit if you could find the time to read the previous two sections of this WebSleuth. I am new too and I made myself go back to the very first post to read everything. I have read every post at least two times. There is so much information and there is a lot of information that in my opinion is very pertintent to this crime that the local media and the LE has not even mentioned. You can connect/link a lot of things. It will also help you to understand all of the players.

No. People can declare themselves sovereign citizens all they want, but it doesn't affect their legal rights, duties, etc. (Even though they seem to think it does.)

I'm wondering though, as kooky as ALL these folks seem to be (from my perspective anyway), is there any precedence set in Federal Court for prosecuting murders on behalf of victims who claimed the status of Sovereign Citizens?

I'm wondering though, as kooky as ALL these folks seem to be (from my perspective anyway), is there any precedence set in Federal Court for prosecuting murders on behalf of victims who claimed the status of Sovereign Citizens?

Federal Courts prosecute murders on behalf of the United States, not on behalf of the victims.

For those of you interested in checking out the P. Wiggens story, there is an interestin comment in Ricks Blog. Check out what "Kathy" has to say about PW:

http://ricksblog.biz/?p=6873

Did anyone else see see myspace accounts?

About the adoption that keeps coming up that Byrd and Cyndi did. If you read the link to USA today and Cindy quoted "the adoption got blown out of porportion." Then read the article link referenced today in the PNJ. The older sister met the brother. This Mom adopted her 3 other children to another family. I agree, "blown out of porportion."

IMO - Leave this alone. This has nothing to do with why the were murdered.

It may have nothing to do with why they were murdered, but it certainly demonstrates that they were willing to break the law to get what they wanted..

And I think buying a kid, is a little too significant to just leave it alone.

It may have nothing to do with why they were murdered, but it certainly demonstrates that they were willing to break the law to get what they wanted..

And I think buying a kid, is a little too significant to just leave it alone.

Becareful, THEY is Byrd and his previous wife, NOT Melanie. Also, remember, they later did a legal adoption of the child and raised him to adulthood. From what I have seen he seems to be a good kid.

Also, remember that the Billings are the victims here and this is something that happened 20 years ago. I see no connection with their murder.

I agree with Sam Jones. Leave it alone.

I am impressed!! I have had time to only read of fraction of the information posted on here. How do all of you find the time to do this?? Does the sheriff's office or Nancy Grace ever come here and see what you have found out? I am just curious. There is no way I could put it all together unless I read all of the posts. I am far too busy to do that. Good Luck. I don't know where it will take you but it certainly is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jadea02