Crime Scene Photos #3 ***WARNING - GRAPHIC DISCUSSION***

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What? Would you prefer that I call it the Swamp Fart Theory? The theory is so simple and elegant that it's almost entirely contained in the name itself. Swamp Gas Eruption Theory (SGET).... ok you don't need to say any more. The theory's name brings dynamic mental images that don't require any further verbal explanation.

I don't think the CSIs were working with the SGET because they didn't look for any evidence stuck up in the trees.

Did you stop to think that those kittens might feed on dead rattlesnakes? Those meter readers took away a tender vittle.

Well, it seems to have a round wire opening like a Whitney laundry bag. It also appears to be a single color without graphics.

I'm curious if the blanket thing that DC was seen lifting with his poker was actually the pink blanket now in evidence.

I believe there was also a "pink misc. blanket" that was found. I believe that's what DC was seen lifting in the video -- but it's just a guess. He was awfully close to the body if that is the case.

I vote for laundry bag with part of the wire rim laying on top of bag. JMO

BTW-poor horse

Now that this has been brought up, I looked closer, and considering the narrative in the LE reports, I believe it is possible that BOTH the WTP blanket and the canvas laundry bag are in this photo! The canvas bag was ON TOP of the WTP blanket. I believe I see the edge of a blanket with prints of WTP under the canvas laundry bag with the wire rim.

pg 3465 (pg 2 of 122)
At 1436 hours I assisted Inv. Hanson with collection of the black plastic bag and canvas bag together with a suspected towel (observed to be a small blanket at the morgue) that was located beneath them. Due to small root growth and time since deposition the items were matted together and were collected as one mass along with the roots holding the items together.

Observed underneath of the striped shorts, ... was what appeared to be a white towel with roots growing through the towel. It was later advised at the morgue that the towel was a blanket. ... roots in the item ....pulling it up off of the ground breaking the roots... the item was underneath of the black plastic bag, at the east side. ...... the canvas bag was observed to be attached to the black plastic bag and .... was not yet collected.

The off-white canvas bag was noted to be open, with the opening facing up.

.....log was moved back, yellow handles that were tied were observed on the top of the black, plastic garbage bag as it was positioned on scene. The tied yellow handles faced upward.

.... items collected on scene
- blanket that appeared to have the classic “Winnie the Pooh” design with “Piglet”

I believe there was also a "pink misc. blanket" that was found. I believe that's what DC was seen lifting in the video -- but it's just a guess. He was awfully close to the body if that is the case.

Miscellaneous Blanket
"A pink blanket (item # 32, H-60493) was observed in the woods directly east of the main scene area from which the skull had been collected, west of the baseline in the area of 18 to 21 feet south along the baseline". There was ample leaf litter on top of the blanket. Dr. Schultz rolled over the blanket to fold it, and this Investigator then collected the blanket. (p.3421) (pg 80 of 122)

Now that this has been brought up, I looked closer, and considering the narrative in the LE reports, I believe it is possible that BOTH the WTP blanket and the canvas laundry bag are in this photo! The canvas bag was ON TOP of the WTP blanket. I believe I see the edge of a blanket with prints of WTP under the canvas laundry bag with the wire rim.

pg 3465 (pg 2 of 122)
At 1436 hours I assisted Inv. Hanson with collection of the black plastic bag and canvas bag together with a suspected towel (observed to be a small blanket at the morgue) that was located beneath them. Due to small root growth and time since deposition the items were matted together and were collected as one mass along with the roots holding the items together.

Observed underneath of the striped shorts, ... was what appeared to be a white towel with roots growing through the towel. It was later advised at the morgue that the towel was a blanket. ... roots in the item ....pulling it up off of the ground breaking the roots... the item was underneath of the black plastic bag, at the east side. ...... the canvas bag was observed to be attached to the black plastic bag and .... was not yet collected.

The off-white canvas bag was noted to be open, with the opening facing up.

.....log was moved back, yellow handles that were tied were observed on the top of the black, plastic garbage bag as it was positioned on scene. The tied yellow handles faced upward.

.... items collected on scene
- blanket that appeared to have the classic “Winnie the Pooh” design with “Piglet”

Thanks for doing all the look-up work, ThinkTank!

I believe we are seeing this the same way. What catches my eye first is what appears to be faint coloring, consistent w/ WTP theme, which is (a) bleached to near white by the environment, (b) seeing the reverse side of the WTP blanket, or both (a) & (b).

Miscellaneous Blanket
"A pink blanket (item # 32, H-60493) was observed in the woods directly east of the main scene area from which the skull had been collected, west of the baseline in the area of 18 to 21 feet south along the baseline". There was ample leaf litter on top of the blanket. Dr. Schultz rolled over the blanket to fold it, and this Investigator then collected the blanket. (p.3421) (pg 80 of 122)

This may be the miscellaneous pink blanket shown at below link.
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/021809remainsfoundOCSOpictures_set4/1/lg/196692.htm

Pink item/fabric? bottom right corner of this photo - WTP blanket?
http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/021809remainsfoundOCSOpictures_set2/1/lg/195951.htm

In the picture of the laundry bag and the garbage bag you can see the wire ring around the top of the canvas bag. It appears to me that there is a white something (pooh blanket perhaps?) coming from inside of the canvas bag and then going underneath the black garbage bag. Since the garbage bag is tied then it stands to reason that the BOTTOM must have come out of this particular bag and allowed the contents to come out. This would fit with the blanket still being INSIDE of the canvas laundry bag-if the bag burst from the bottom, then as the bag made its way out of the canvas bag the contents would have come out-thus the pooh blanket still being somewhat inside the canvas bag and also under the garbage bag.

If I read the previous posts correctly and the reports, one winnie the pooh blanket was found UNDER the laundry bag and another misc. pink blanket found in another area. So there were actually 2 blankets found at the Suburban Drive scene?

196281-1.jpg

Bond, I'm using your upload.

I think we can see in this photo that possibly the volatile fatty acids have begun to kill the vegetation in the immediate area of the bag/s. See how the very invasive weeds are growing AWAY from the dumped bags?

This adds yet another reason to make me think the bag/s had been there quite a long time.

I vote for laundry bag with part of the wire rim laying on top of bag. JMO

BTW-poor horse

Looks like the wire rim of the laundry bag is bent over from right to left.

Would wind do that like it can do to an umbrella?

If I read the previous posts correctly and the reports, one winnie the pooh blanket was found UNDER the laundry bag and another misc. pink blanket found in another area. So there were actually 2 blankets found at the Suburban Drive scene?
Yes. Two blankets.

GROSS Discussion so if you're faint of heart don't read...

I find it fascinating (with the discuss of whether the weather/water played a part in the scattering of the bones) to discover that scavengers or predators generally will WAIT until the maggots leave the area before they do their business. We know there was maggot activity going on at some time in Casey's trunk so I assume that Caylee got some flies on her pre-bagging. The blowflies are attracted to a dead body within MINUTES of death. Once the body was infested with maggots (I'm assuming the flies laid eggs on her, perhaps in the backyard, and then the maggot activity started on Caylee when she was in the trunk hereby speeding UP decomposition). The two most important factors for decomp are TEMPERATURE and HUMIDITY. In a Florida trunk you have the most rapid rate of decomp imaginable. Add to that the fact that a fly had previously laid an egg on Caylee and you have a very rapid state of decomp.

Once Caylee was dumped (approximately 3 days later, give or take) the scavengers likely were not going to start on any exposed areas until the maggot activity had ceased. Crows and birds will hover by and eat the maggots leaving the body. Apparently the maggot activity tends to last less than a week. I'm assuming that once the bag was exposed to the open air out in that wooded area there was not a whole lot for a scavenger to consume.

fortytwo was talking about the large rocks being partially buried.

Oh sorry ft and HP.

How bout this idea - Fay, that caused some tornados (don't know exactly where), caused the wire rim to bend and open up the bag. Water filled the area. Then, animals had access:furious:. Over the next few months much of the relocation occurred.

Comments Scientists?

Oh sorry ft and HP.

How bout this idea - Fay, that caused some tornados (don't know exactly where), caused the wire rim to bend and open up the bag. Water filled the area. Then, animals had access:furious:. Over the next few months much of the relocation occurred.

Comments Scientists?
The first thought that comes to mind is that the wire rim (better described as a metal strap reinforced rim) is there expressly to keep the laundry bag open. Any distortion would probably serve to make the bag less accessible.

Oh sorry ft and HP.

Comments Scientists?
The second thought that comes to mind is that a cloth bag isn't going to stop critters, whether the top of the bag is closed or open.

1) I know I am (still) seeing things that aren't there, but, just to the left of the upper-left-hand corner of the bag/blanket (direct horizontal line across from the brightest little yellow leaf) I'm imagining two bottles...slightly different sizes...look like wine bottles. The larger one is laying horizontal on the ground with the still-black-aluminum wrapped neck pointing toward the bag. The smaller one is laying essentially upright against the larger one where the neck widens to the bottle. IIRC, there was a liquor-type bottle found @ the scene shown in the photos. I don't recall if its location was given. I'm 98% these are figments of my imagination, but, my therapists says its best to go ahead and "talk it out" :bang:

2) The egg-shaped thingee (sorry for the technical jargon) located adjacent to the bag/blanket immediately to the left, about center of it...just has me wrapped around the axle. It kinda looks like it has a bottom similar to 2liter soft drink bottles that enable them to stand up...sort has a cow's udder appearance IYKWIM. IIRC, there was a plastic easter egg identified @ the scene...is this it? :bang:

3) Anyone have an image of what the same laundry bag looks like new?

4) I need a new therapist. Any recommendations?

The first thought that comes to mind is that the wire rim (better described as a metal strap reinforced rim) is there expressly to keep the laundry bag open. Any distortion would probably serve to make the bag less accessible.

Not if it tore away from the stitching. It doesn't matter how it is supposed to function. Trying to figure out how it broke.

GROSS Discussion so if you're faint of heart don't read...

I find it fascinating (with the discuss of whether the weather/water played a part in the scattering of the bones) to discover that scavengers or predators generally will WAIT until the maggots leave the area before they do their business. We know there was maggot activity going on at some time in Casey's trunk so I assume that Caylee got some flies on her pre-bagging. The blowflies are attracted to a dead body within MINUTES of death. Once the body was infested with maggots (I'm assuming the flies laid eggs on her, perhaps in the backyard, and then the maggot activity started on Caylee when she was in the trunk hereby speeding UP decomposition). The two most important factors for decomp are TEMPERATURE and HUMIDITY. In a Florida trunk you have the most rapid rate of decomp imaginable. Add to that the fact that a fly had previously laid an egg on Caylee and you have a very rapid state of decomp.

Once Caylee was dumped (approximately 3 days later, give or take) the scavengers likely were not going to start on any exposed areas until the maggot activity had ceased. Crows and birds will hover by and eat the maggots leaving the body. Apparently the maggot activity tends to last less than a week. I'm assuming that once the bag was exposed to the open air out in that wooded area there was not a whole lot for a scavenger to consume.

I think this is a pretty accurate account of what happened to the body. Good job!:)

The second thought that comes to mind is that a cloth bag isn't going to stop critters, whether the top of the bag is closed or open.

Originally there was the canvas/vinyl bag intact which had two black plastic bags within it. I have no idea how or if they were tied.

I don't know if animals would dig through that or not (prior to Fay lets say).

I don't know.

1) I know I am (still) seeing things that aren't there, but, just to the left of the upper-left-hand corner of the bag/blanket (direct horizontal line across from the brightest little yellow leaf) I'm imagining two bottles...slightly different sizes...look like wine bottles. The larger one is laying horizontal on the ground with the still-black-aluminum wrapped neck pointing toward the bag. The smaller one is laying essentially upright against the larger one where the neck widens to the bottle. IIRC, there was a liquor-type bottle found @ the scene shown in the photos. I don't recall if its location was given. I'm 98% these are figments of my imagination, but, my therapists says its best to go ahead and "talk it out" :bang:

2) The egg-shaped thingee (sorry for the technical jargon) located adjacent to the bag/blanket immediately to the left, about center of it...just has me wrapped around the axle. It kinda looks like it has a bottom similar to 2liter soft drink bottles that enable them to stand up...sort has a cow's udder appearance IYKWIM. IIRC, there was a plastic easter egg identified @ the scene...is this it? :bang:

3) Anyone have an image of what the same laundry bag looks like new?

4) I need a new therapist. Any recommendations?

Bond that's a lot of questions. There is a picture of the laundry bag somewhere. I'd be happy to look.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwen
Back