Crime scene tape and Haleigh's house

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because in both cases there was no testimony, direct evidence or claims that the crime occured within the home. Everyone may suspect it, but LE would have to have some degree of proof to declare it an official crime scene,and take control.

This is similar to the Caylee Anthony case, where since the initial assumption was the crime had occured after the daughter and grandaughter had departed the grandparents home, that house was not considered an official "crime scene" just a source of evidence, until much later.

In the case of Hayleigh, the claim from the begining is that the home was broken into and the girl abducted from her bed. That makes the house the scene of a crime from the word go, and the initial scene of a crime in progress (if it is an abduction). And LE can act as they have.

I was just wondering about the Elizabeth Smart case. Did they keep the Smart family out of their home for so long? I can't remember.

I was just wondering about the Elizabeth Smart case. Did they keep the Smart family out of their home for so long? I can't remember.

I would like to know the answer to that as well as to know about the Jessica Lunsford case, I tried to research it yesterday but came up empty.

<<Meanwhile, authorities late Thursday released the blue-and-white doublewide mobile home where Haleigh was last seen. It had been surrounded with crime-scene tape and repeatedly searched since Feb. 10.>>

<<Meanwhile, authorities late Thursday released the blue-and-white doublewide mobile home where Haleigh was last seen. It had been surrounded with crime-scene tape and repeatedly searched since Feb. 10.>>

Thanks, Capri! I wonder what this means in relation to the recent searches, etc.

Thanks, Capri! I wonder what this means in relation to the recent searches, etc.
It feels like one big Rubiks cube to me....Could we get the link to the article, looked on todays news and didnt see it. Thanks Capri!

It feels like one big Rubiks cube to me....Could we get the link to the article, looked on todays news and didnt see it. Thanks Capri!

I said the exact thing to DH yesterdy! A Rubik's cube--all of the pieces are there--they just need to be lined up in the right order.

Okay so if in fact the home has been released do we know if Ron and family are back inside using it?

Ron has no rights. He's a renter. The owner can say who comes and goes unless LE has taken over the crime scene, which is what I suspect has happened.

ETA: Why does Ron and Misty choose to live in a tent, when friends and neighbors would surely open their homes to them?
Because if they stay isolated, then the chance that they will accidentally slip and reveal their involvement is reduced, IMO.

So....Ron and Misty and JR can move back in, Ron can go back to work and life can go on as before....except...Haleigh won't be there. And, Ron said he won't live there anymore. He can't stay in his tent, forever.

I still wonder why they held it so long! It will be interesting to find out just how long it takes RC and MC to move back in! I wouldn't definitely want back in my home. I know RC said he didn't want to go back in there but I'm sure in some way he does, just because it would help him with memories of Haleigh and to be able to see her stuff. Not to mention to feel half normal again...if that is possible!

I kind of hope he changes his mind in one way about moving back in the trailer. Or at least considers renting something else. I hate to see Jr. living in a tent or camper for any extended period of time.

I realize this is very traumtic for all the family members, and that Jr. will more than likely not get over the shock of his entire life turned upside down, and his sissy gone.

But I think that's it's also important to give Jr. as much structure and what is considered normal day to day activities to give him some sense of security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth