Crimewatch Reconstruction 14.10.13 2100GMT

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it wouldnt have to be that big , any bar or restuarant would likely have one and can we rule out that they didnt have help from someone else ? I thought the theory was based on some evidence found in the car ? Was that evidence wrong ? .
The police here definatly seem to be focussing on the abduction theory , yet lots of people on here seem to feel that in one way or another her parents are responsable . Its very confusing how after all this time people still seem divided over this major detail . Id like to see 2 threads one detailing the evidence for the abduction theory and one for the parents being responsable theory.

yes I agree - but the problem is that even if it is written in black and white about what DNA was found - people wont accept it.

There has been so much myths over the years that even doing two lists would lead to disagreement

no I know - without doing an in-depth study I am surmising

But just of the top of my head the last few high profile murders in the UK the body has been hidden and then discovered -

I read a lot of mob/mafia / crime books - one of the reason I post on crime sites - and getting rid of the body without a trace is always the hard part,.- sometime the killing is easy - or it is a crime where someone looses it and then boom you wake up with a body to hide

In this case Gerry would have had so little time - and not even just the disposal - the covering up of forensics etc

I'm from NJ. Seen the mobs handiwork played out on the news all my life. New York and well as Philly. Typically, they weren't very concerned about getting rid of bodies.

Whoever did hide Jimmy Hoffa did a great job though huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Milly dowler

Tia sharp

the soham murders

Leanne Tiernan

Lindsay Jo Rimmer all off the top of head where the murderer had time to dispose - transport - but in every case the body was discovered eventually

I don't say it is impossible but disposing of a body is not easy even with loads of time

That is why I think Maddy was taken - amongst other reasons as well

It was a theory by Amaral - but no freezer was ever found or even pointed out - so theory at best

I mean this was a holiday resort where would you get a freezer big enough that they had access to ??

IIRC wasn't it alleged Gerry blogged about having to replace one in their rental? Then he deleted it.
IIRC screen shots of his blog were archived and posted online by someone following the case. Kinda like acandyrose did for the JonBenet case.

Milly dowler

Tia sharp

the soham murders

Leanne Tiernan

Lindsay Jo Rimmer all off the top of head where the murderer had time to dispose - transport - but in every case the body was discovered eventually

I don't say it is impossible but disposing of a body is not easy even with loads of time

Sometimes people (killers) just get very lucky .... Look at little Caylee Anthony... Right down the street from her own house.

IIRC wasn't it alleged Gerry blogged about having to replace one in their rental? Then he deleted it.
IIRC screen shots of his blog were archived and posted online by someone following the case. Kinda like acandyrose did for the JonBenet case.

I remember that too - I have never ever seen a screen shot of that post and believe me if it was out there then someone would have found it

Blogs can get deleted 0 but they still remain in cyber space - also if Gerry had stashed maddie in a freezer why on earth we he blog about getting rid of one ??

Until I see said post and screen shot for me it goes down as internet myth and there are plenty of them since the beginning

Milly dowler

Left in the forest, unburied. The murderer did not really try to hide her.

Tia sharp

Left in the loft of her grandma's home. Not very well hidden.

the soham murders

Jessica and Holly were dumped in a ditch. Not hidden at all.

Leanne Tiernan

Though she was wrapped in some items, the murderer left her body in the open, not hidden at all.

all off the top of head where the murderer had time to dispose - transport - but in every case the body was discovered eventually

Because in all these cases the murderers did not try to hide the bodies, they just dumped them. Tia is an exception here, but her murderers were not the sharpest tools in the shed.
l[/QUOTE]

Left in the forest, unburied. The murderer did not really try to hide her.

Left in the loft of her grandma's home. Not very well hidden.

Jessica and Holly were dumped in a ditch. Not hidden at all.

Though she was wrapped in some items, the murderer left her body in the open, not hidden at all.

Because in all these cases the murderers did not try to hide the bodies, they just dumped them. Tia is an exception here, but her murderers were not the sharpest tools in the shed.
l
[/quote]

they were off the top of my head - Huntley drove to a remote area and tried to burn the bodies but gave up - Jo Rimmer was weighted down in a canal - but eventually - found .

yes sure sometime the bodies are dumped as you say - even April Jones trace remain s were found in the stove of that evil bstrtd bridger

again it is not a scientific study - interpret how you wish

Milly dowler

Tia sharp

the soham murders

Leanne Tiernan

The only case I know is Tia Sharp, wasn't she the one who was hidden in the attic of the house she disappeared from? That was not a very good hiding place imo. I'm sure they would have found a better one quite easily.

I am not sure what the point of this exercise is. You and I can both list a number of cases where the bodies were found. We can also list a number of cases in which the bodies were not found. Where is Susan Powell? Jacob Wetterling? Ayla Reynolds? Jhessye Shockley? The missing forums and Charley Project are full of people gone without a trace. Some cases get solved eventually, some have been unsolved for half a century or more. It is clear that bodies can be found or they can be not found. So that proves exactly nothing to me.

But perhaps Madeleine is not dead, or her remains could be found ten years from now. .

The only case I know is Tia Sharp, wasn't she the one who was hidden in the attic of the house she disappeared from? That was not a very good hiding place imo. I'm sure they would have found a better one quite easily.

I am not sure what the point of this exercise is. You and I can both list a number of cases where the bodies were found. We can also list a number of cases in which the bodies were not found. Where is Susan Powell? Jacob Wetterling? Ayla Reynolds? Jhessye Shockley? The missing forums and Charley Project are full of people gone without a trace. Some cases get solved eventually, some have been unsolved for half a century or more. It is clear that bodies can be found or they can be not found. So that proves exactly nothing to me.

But perhaps Madeleine is not dead, or her remains could be found ten years from now. .

I just made a point about several high profile cases that happened here lately - more often than not the body were found - I don't know too many here where there was a chief suspect of murder and the body was not recovered ( in the uk ) - some were saying how easy it is to hide a body

but as I said it is a non scientific study and interpret as you wish

On contrary, Joana Yeates murder was solved using the mobile phone mapping techniques, where the suspect was caught after his mobile phone pinged two different mobile towers which made him 'present' at the place where the body was disposed.

If there are at least two mobile phone towers in PDL, Madeleine's case can be solved in a similar way

On contrary, Joana Yeates murder was solved using the mobile phone mapping techniques, where the suspect was caught after his mobile phone pinged two different mobile towers which made him 'present' at the place where the body was disposed.

If there are at least two mobile phone towers in PDL, Madeleine's case can be solved in a similar way

That would require that someone find her first or find the suspect and then follow his pings to find Madeleine.

That would require that someone find her first or find the suspect and then follow his pings to find Madeleine.

Not really. That would request the list of mobile phones pinging the nearest tower near apartment at the time Madeleine disappeared.
And if there is a different tower connecting near the beach where the Martin Smirh's sighting was that would be great, in this case they can compare the numbers and find out which number was in both places.
This is for the case if there are for example two towers but in fact there might be only one tower in PDL, in which case it is left to the police just to check the list of all numbers which were pinging the tower at the time of Madeleine's disappearance.

Not really. That would request the list of mobile phones pinging the nearest tower near apartment at the time Madeleine disappeared.
And if there is a different tower connecting near the beach where the Martin Smirh's sighting was that would be great, in this case they can compare the numbers and find out which number was in both places.
This is for the case if there are for example two towers but in fact there might be only one tower in PDL, in which case it is left to the police just to check the list of all numbers which were pinging the tower at the time of Madeleine's disappearance.

I believe they did check the phone pings but getting a list of all the cell phone numbers that were in the area is still really a long way from solving the case as you don't even have an exact time for Madeleine's disappearance and no guarantee that the abductor had a cell phone with him at the time. It was reported that there were thousands of cell phones in the area.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24386130

I believe that the once the complete analysis of the phone records has been done and the numbers and patterns begin to be revealed there might be a break

There is complex software out there that can examine groups of no's and see who called who who called that = it is exactly how anti terrorism cases are broken - someone somewhere might have been carless and called a no

Its why drug dealers use a sim once then throw it - even use a phone once then chuck it

I believe they did check the phone pings but getting a list of all the cell phone numbers that were in the area is still really a long way from solving the case as you don't even have an exact time for Madeleine's disappearance and no guarantee that the abductor had a cell phone with him at the time. It was reported that there were thousands of cell phones in the area.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24386130

Thank you for this article! I read the files, I know a lot details back from the 2007 but the fresh news I wasn't really following.

41 people of interest, seems they got them through the phone data manipulation.. it is not many people.. I think they got somewhere and it is promising.

One of my ex long term jobs was the data search and I loved it, it is amazing what info you can get if you pay enough attention..

I believe that the once the complete analysis of the phone records has been done and the numbers and patterns begin to be revealed there might be a break

There is complex software out there that can examine groups of no's and see who called who who called that = it is exactly how anti terrorism cases are broken - someone somewhere might have been carless and called a no

Its why drug dealers use a sim once then throw it - even use a phone once then chuck it

If I remember well, Scotland Yard also has a system where they input the data they have about a certain case and the computer gives them some kind of outcome on which route to follow. Not sure about the system name but it was mentioned back in 2007-2008

If I remember well, Scotland Yard also has a system where they input the data they have about a certain case and the computer gives them some kind of outcome on which route to follow. Not sure about the system name but it was mentioned back in 2007-2008

people think that if they use a throw away phone they are anonymous

they are not all phones leave a footprint and it is the patterns that arise and who gets connected to the footprint that reveal leads

Isn't that Dr. Watson?

At about 13:12 in the reconstruction there's a "Jane Tanner" looking at the man she saw carrying a child. If this reconstruction happens to be in any way accurate she was too far and it was too dark and the lights distorted the colors too much that she had no way of taking in all the liney bits and the decorative detail of the pajamas imo. Oh well, it doesn't matter any more.

But she does not pass Gerry and Jez in the recon.
:waitasec:

I don't really understand why both Gerry and Kate were so obsessive about the door. They both notice how much it was open and close it again. Why? What does it matter whether the door to the children's bedroom is open two inches or ten if everyone inside is fast asleep and couldn't care less?

I think the reason it was noted that the door was opened wider than when they had left it, is because they had deliberately left it slightly ajar to let the light from the living-room shine in to the children's room. I don't see anything unusual about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper