Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the math....she was called by TN at 3:40...she arrived in Satsuma between 10 and 11. That is between 6 and 7 hours. I just dont see a plausable explanation on Crystal taking that long to get to Satsuma knowing her daughter was missing. It makes no sense.

It seems to me that Crystal and her family's first instinct was that Ron was playing a cruel joke on them, since they had to send Crystal's father over there to verify it. That says to me that it wasn't outside the realm of possibility that they were used to him doing hurtful things. Sometime after 5:00 when Marie made the call to Johnny, he gets up, gets dressed, drives the approx. 13 miles from his house to Ron's to see what's going on. Once there, he calls Marie back and lets her know Haleigh is indeed missing. Allowing for the time it takes a guy to put on a pair of pants, shirt shoes and go.....You have to allow that it's easily 5:30 before he even gets there.

So now, Marie and Crystal, sitting 2 hours away and now they know for certain it isn't a hoax. I don't know what preparations they needed to make with regard to the baby, whether jobs needed to be made aware of an emergency situation, whether they had to fill up before they took off. What I do know is that Crystal was herself not called by Ron. He delayed her knowing by calling her mother first. They then have to get into their car, drive 2 hours, hitting traffic in Jacksonville on the way. The earliest they could have possibly gotten there is around 7:30, and I don't know whether they stopped at Johnny's place before going over to Ron's.

Also, mid-morning for me is around 9:00 or so. Since I have been quite unsuccessful in finding anything that states Crystal didn't arrive until 10 or 11, I sure would like a link. All I've found is the mid-morning comment, and well, obviously that is variable by people's habits.

Per Crystal:

GRACE: Ms. Sheffield, where were you at the time little Haleigh went missing?

SHEFFIELD: I was in Baker County, at my house.

GRACE: How did you learn she was gone?

SHEFFIELD: Ronald`s mother, Teresa Nieves (ph), called me at 3:49 AM in the morning and told me that Haleigh was gone.

GRACE: And what did you do?

SHEFFIELD: At first, I thought it was a prank, kind of. And then she was, like, The police are there, and I heard them in the background and then it hit me that it was not a prank.

GRACE: OK. Now, what time did you say they called you?

SHEFFIELD: It was 3:49 AM.

GRACE: And who called you?

SHEFFIELD: Teresa Nieves, Ronald`s mother.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/12/ng.01.html

Until we hear a definitive answer pertaining to what time Crystal left her home- and arrived in Putnam County, it's impossible to say exactly what happened or why.

Media reported that she arrived mid morning- which is an ambiguous time frame. Like others have said, mid morning to some people is 9AM- to others it's different.

We don't know if she went straight to Green Lane or if she stopped at her father's house or at the Sheriff's Office. We don't know if LE sent someone to her home to check for evidence that Crystal may have taken Haleigh.

We don't know anything.

The bottom line is this- she has been in Satsuma since day 1. Her daughter is missing. She has not been arrested for taking her.

Per Crystal:

SHEFFIELD: Ronald`s mother, Teresa Nieves (ph), called me at 3:49 AM in the morning and told me that Haleigh was gone.

SHEFFIELD: At first, I thought it was a prank, kind of. And then she was, like, The police are there, and I heard them in the background and then it hit me that it was not a prank.

I went by Inana's post in the Case Timeline thread:
February 10, 2009:

3:00am Misty wakes and finds out Haleigh’s gone.

3:00 - 3:25am Misty calls Ron on his cell—he says call 911.

3:25ish Misty meets Ron at front door. Has not called police.

3:27am called 911

3:49am Marie Sheffield, Haleigh’s maternal grandmother received call from Ron.

3:50ish Marie calls her daughter, Haleigh’s mother, Crystal Sheffield who lives in Glen St. Mary Florida.

5:00ish Marie calls Crystal’s father who lives in Satsuma or close—he drives over to Cummings house, call’s his ex-wife back and verifies that Haleigh is missing, that police and search dogs are at the scene. Marie and Crystal head for Satsuma.

Until we hear a definitive answer pertaining to what time Crystal left her home- and arrived in Putnam County, it's impossible to say exactly what happened or why.

Media reported that she arrived mid morning- which is an ambiguous time frame. Like others have said, mid morning to some people is 9AM- to others it's different.

We don't know if she went straight to Green Lane or if she stopped at her father's house or at the Sheriff's Office. We don't know if LE sent someone to her home to check for evidence that Crystal may have taken Haleigh.

We don't know anything.

The bottom line is this- she has been in Satsuma since day 1. Her daughter is missing. She has not been arrested for taking her.

Not only has she been there, she's been constantly trying to get any information about her daughter and having to go through all sorts of loops to do it. She always seems to be the last to know. On top of everything else, she has to endure that.

I think since nobody has been cleared it is important to know why it took Crystal so long to get to Satsuma.

Her father was on scene already, doubtful that a grandfather would leave the place his granddaughter is missing from and go home. I dont see a mother going anywhere else except straight to where her child is missing from. Remember she has another child there. It doesn't make sense that she would go anyplace else first.

I really think that everybody's timeline is important in this case. JMO

I think since nobody has been cleared it is important to know why it took Crystal so long to get to Satsuma.

Her father was on scene already, doubtful that a grandfather would leave the place his granddaughter is missing from and go home. I dont see a mother going anywhere else except straight to where her child is missing from. Remember she has another child there. It doesn't make sense that she would go anyplace else first.

I guess I just think it would take a little time to get things together. Pirate is right. She has been there since "midmorning" the day her daughter was discovered missing and she's been there ever since.

Per Crystal:

so she did indeed know at 3.49 that cops were there. thanks!

Lakelandladi- we don't know for sure how long it took Crystal to get there- or why. You cannot state as fact what time she arrived or what she did on the way to Satsuma.

Lakelandladi I say you are 100% on the money with the very last line of your post! I think this will be how LE will eventually solve this and find Haleigh one way or another. I hope and pray alive! I just have a sinking suspicion that this is an insider abduction. While Crystal herself may not have done it, or RC, MC it is my thinking that someone within the extended familt has committed this crime!

I was about Crystal's age when I got a call at 2 am that my mom was seriously ill and in the hospital. I grabbed a few things and was out of the house in 15 min, making the long drive in 2 hours flat. The point is that if you are an adult and there is a family emergency, you rise to the occasion and everything else is secondary. There is a consistant dynamic between CS and her family that gives the impression that she is easily manipulated by her mother, father, and stepfather. At the end of the custody information is an affadavit of counter-information, written by, not CS, but her father. In her initial interviews on NG, CS answered in monosyllables and didn't seem to know anything. There were long awkward pause with NG attempting to supply the answers herself. Finally, CS's mother stepped in and took over answering the questions for her. She now states the same accusatory things towards RC every chance she gets, as if she has been coached by her parents. IMO it was not a CS decision to appear on the GR show, it was her parents' decision, as well as exactly what she was to say and that RJ would appear on camera. When she got the call that her daughter was missing, did she charge right over like a normal mother? No, she let her daddy check out the situation and then took her time to arrive.
I don't mean to paint CS as a bad person. I actually think she is a very kindhearted and sweet individual and she cares about her children. But after having three kids, she still acts as if she is still a child herself. When is she going to become a mature and responsible adult? IMO, this was a factor in the custody dispute. I also don't think she had any role in her daughter's disappearance because she is too subservient to have come up with a plan. However, the rest of her family has shown a disturbingly vindictive and manipulative side.

Lakelandladi I say you are 100% on the money with the very last line of your post! I think this will be how LE will eventually solve this and find Haleigh one way or another. I hope and pray alive! I just have a sinking suspicion that this is an insider abduction. While Crystal herself may not have done it, or RC, MC it is my thinking that someone within the extended familt has committed this crime!

Does her dad still live in the area ?
Maybe she didn't have transportation and had to wait for somebody to take her.
It might be hard to find somebody to make an hour drive at 4 AM.
If that's the case, it was probably driving her crazy that she couldn't just up & go.

Does her dad still live in the area ?
Maybe she didn't have transportation and had to wait for somebody to take her.
It might be hard to find somebody to make an hour drive at 4 AM.
If that's the case, it was probably driving her crazy that she couldn't just up & go.

Yes, Crystal's father does live in the area, down where the abandoned bldg was found. Welaka or Georgetown. [I can't find the thread w/names in it now.]

Her paternal uncle is also in the area. He works at Putnam Correctional Institute. The officers there were called out on the search before daylight when Haleigh went missing, I believe. [Based on a media acct; I don't personally know any of the main players.]

We don't know anything.

I will have to find the reports, but she has left Satsuma on a number of occasions.

If my daughter was missing, I would have packed up the baby and bolted to the scene no matter the time. It was said she arrived with her mother so she did have a ride. Why would you stop anywhere along that route other than perhaps to get gasoline or go to the restroom? Makes no sense to take any longer than 2 hours maximum. If she got the call at 3:49 am...her arrival time should have been more along the lines of 6:00 - 7:00 am instead of "mid-morning". This would leave hours of unaccounted for time, imo.

I believe it is important to know everyone's timeline, too. They are suspects in this case.

ETA: I fixed my typo and my mistake on the arrival times!! Sorry! (Aren't we allowed two typos per year or something around here?! LOL)

maybe they had to find money for gas to go? maybe they had to wait for a babysitter? We can maybe maybe maybe all day long the fact is I see nothing that points to Crystal hurting her daughter.

I will have to find the reports, but she has left Satsuma on a number of occasions.

If my daughter was missing, I would have packed up the baby and bolted to the scene no matter the time. It was said she arrived with her mother so she did have a ride. Why would you stop anywhere along that route other than perhaps to get gasoline or go to the restroom? Makes no sense to take any longer than 2 hours maximum. If she got the call at 2:49 am...her arrival time should have been more along the lines of 5:00 - 6:00 am instead of "mid-morning". This would leave hours of unaccounted for time, imo.

I believe it is important to know everyone's timeline, too. They are suspects in this case.

My point, SS was that we don't know if LE requested that she remain at home so she could be questioned there- and so they could see if there was any evidence that she had Haleigh at her home after she went missing.

We also don't know if LE requested or demanded that she go to the Sheriff's office on the way to the scene. And if she did, how long that would have taken.

But again, we don't know for sure what time she arrived. For all we know she was in putnam by 5:30 AM and the media has it wrong.

If the kidnappers wanted Jr. they would have taken him when they took Haleigh. If, indeed there were kidnappers.

I still believe all signs point to Misty. And I agree she does not deserve a pass.

I agree. Someone she was partying with left the house where she was partying and took this child.
Has she named all of the people at the party or is she denying she was even there ? She may have even told Police she was at a party but not to tell Ron as he would hurt her and I think they would be very closed mouth about this.
In my opininon Misty and maybe even Ron knows what happened to this little girl.
Somewhere on here I read Ron makes $1,500.00 a week. That is $6,000.00 a month! Where is all of the money going ? Matresses on the floor, no pillow cases, etc. I believe drugs are involved here.

My point, SS was that we don't know if LE requested that she remain at home so she could be questioned there- and so they could see if there was any evidence that she had Haleigh at her home after she went missing.

We also don't know if LE requested or demanded that she go to the Sheriff's office on the way to the scene. And if she did, how long that would have taken.

But again, we don't know for sure what time she arrived. For all we know she was in putnam by 5:30 AM and the media has it wrong.

I agree Pirate. To me this timeline has become a diversion. If law enforcement was asking the public for input on where Crystal was between such and such a time, I think this line of questioning would be valid. But I imagine LE has the timeline down and is satisfied it checks out.

I agree. Someone she was partying with left the house where she was partying and took this child.
Has she named all of the people at the party or is she denying she was even there ? She may have even told Police she was at a party but not to tell Ron as he would hurt her and I think they would be very closed mouth about this.
In my opininon Misty and maybe even Ron knows what happened to this little girl.
Somewhere on here I read Ron makes $1,500.00 a week. That is $6,000.00 a month! Where is all of the money going ? Matresses on the floor, no pillow cases, etc. I believe drugs are involved here.
I read where he makes $500 a week before taxes etc. Not sure where you are getting the $1,500.00 quote from so could you point me to that post as I have missed it! There is NO WAY I would believe Ronald is making $6,000.00 a month!!

I also do not see where a mattress on the floor for a child and no pillowcase equates to drugs being involved!! GMAB! :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay