DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post, and alcohol withdrawal also can cause seizures
Varous types of seizures associated with drug abuse and withdrawal

Amphetamine-induced seizures including withdrawal symtoms:

The features of the stimulant-induced seizures were distinct and included the following: (1) the duration of convulsive activity was shortest for cocaine and longest for methamphetamine...
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10456426 (Bolded by me)

Amphetamines stimulate both the body and mind, resulting in feelings of increased confidence, talkativeness, increased energy, rapid breathing and heart rate, and sleeplessness. An overdose of the drugs may cause seizures. Most people who become addicted begin taking the drugs because they enjoy the effects of the drugs. However, as dependence sets in, feelings of withdrawal become more painful and ongoing use of the drugs reduces or eliminates those uncomfortable side effects. Symptoms of amphetamine withdrawal can include sweating, rapid pulse, shakiness, anxiety, hallucinations, nausea, seizures, and increased cravings for the drugs.

http://therapistunlimited.com/index...ance-Related+Disorders/Amphetamine+Dependence (Bolded by me)

Benzo's - reducing them too quickly or stopping them cold turkey can also result in seizures. I've assumed Crystal and Ronald were both getting anxiety/sleep/whatever assistance from a Dr. - don't know, but figure they needed it. No idea what caused her seizure or even what kind it was.
But she had her first one 2 days before Haleigh went missing:)

It could be stress. The only problem with that is she had it before Haleigh went missing so she would of had to have some kind of stress before that.
Yes. It could be stress related and since it happened for the first time only 2 days before Haleigh went missing...it has me wondering what could cause that much stress?! Did she find out that day that she was being charged with Contempt Of Court for the back child support she owed? Was it something to do with Haleigh? :waitasec: It would have to be VERY stressful I would assume to cause a seizure.

Varous types of seizures associated with drug abuse and withdrawal

Amphetamine-induced seizures including withdrawal symtoms:

The features of the stimulant-induced seizures were distinct and included the following: (1) the duration of convulsive activity was shortest for cocaine and longest for methamphetamine...
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10456426 (Bolded by me)

Amphetamines stimulate both the body and mind, resulting in feelings of increased confidence, talkativeness, increased energy, rapid breathing and heart rate, and sleeplessness. An overdose of the drugs may cause seizures. Most people who become addicted begin taking the drugs because they enjoy the effects of the drugs. However, as dependence sets in, feelings of withdrawal become more painful and ongoing use of the drugs reduces or eliminates those uncomfortable side effects. Symptoms of amphetamine withdrawal can include sweating, rapid pulse, shakiness, anxiety, hallucinations, nausea, seizures, and increased cravings for the drugs.

http://therapistunlimited.com/index...ance-Related+Disorders/Amphetamine+Dependence (Bolded by me)
Physical risks associated with using any amount of cocaine and crack:
increases in blood pressure, heart rate, breathing rate, and body temperature
heart attacks, strokes, and respiratory failure
hepatitis or AIDS through shared needles
Brain Seizure. So you dont have to overdose to have one. Over time of just using cocaine can trigger a brain seizure.

It could be stress. The only problem with that is she had it before Haleigh went missing so she would of had to have some kind of stress before that.

Exactly, what stress would even compare to what she is now under?
HMMMMMM. Makes ya think.

It was obviously a miscommunication by the *media. LE met up with Crystal at her appointment and did the DNA swab there. So she wasn't refusing and she wasn't missing either. *The same media that others here have claimed has made mistakes, distorted facts...pertaining to others involved in this case. (i.e, Ron, Misty, Theresa,....)

If anyone still believes otherwise - would you please submit a valid news source link that includes the "rest of the story" please (outcome following initial report)...TIA

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=132277&catid=3

Knowledge is some times a massive burden to carry.

I hope it does not ruin her custody case because having a seizure doesnt mean your an unfit parent :( millions of people suffer from them and are able to raise families. I hope she is ok.

I hope it does not ruin her custody case because having a seizure doesnt mean your an unfit parent :( millions of people suffer from them and are able to raise families. I hope she is ok.
It wouldnt. Unless it was proven to be drug related then it might but then again it might not.

I honestly don't care about the DNA issue with Crystal and LE. She did enough yelling about it when they were looking through the dumpster for Haleigh to set us all straight as far as I am concerned. It was very odd to see.

His testimony was part of an ongoing police investigation and Crystal herself said LE asked her not to question Rj. Also, by questioning him in this manner would taint his testimony in a trial which could result in the only known possible eyewitness testimony being tossed out. She did this in spite of what LE had directed her to do. This was her first mistake.

The second mistake was putting her son on national tv if he did see a man take Haleigh because it meant she put him in immediate danger being he could possibly identify the man.

The third mistake was made by exploiting him by having him go on national tv only to serve as a prop to make herself look better to the public.

I find no fault in Crystal anywhere.My heart really goes out to her and ron to find thier little girl.

But she had her first one 2 days before Haleigh went missing:)

Thats sad, I guess.

I don't think it's a stretch for anyone to assume that drugs or effects of drug use could contribute to this, whether recent or lingering effects. Like Ronald's speech impediment that has been discussed so much, etc.. I don't know how any of these kids who heavily use drugs get away without something being damaged.

I don't think that others are saying it should affect the custody because
they think that just because she had a seizure it makes her unable to raise
her kids.
I think it's due to the fact that she had one before but she still chose to
drive with her child in the car before she found out what was causing them.

It would not mean she is an unfit parent unless they can prove she was told not to drive and she went against Doctor's orders plus had a child in her vehicle while doing it. I would say it could be counted a strike against her, imo.

No, you weren't as I commented on it because I mentioned at the time it reminded me of a "tweaker". (I was chastized for it, too! :rolleyes:) Now...I have to wonder if we weren't onto something.

IMO it reminded me of a mother who was sick with worry over her missing 5 year old daughter!

Haleigh Cummings is still missing! Haleigh Cummings is still missing! Haleigh Cummings is still missing! Haleigh Cummings is still missing!

I am just throwing this out there because I do not know much about drug addiction and withdrawal. In the first week, Crystal looked awful sunken eyes, rocking in chair, shaking, staring off, alot of us comment she did not show much emotion at all. As weeks went by she started looking better, she now looks well rested does not rock back and forth during interviews, does not stare off into space as much. If she was going thru withdrawals and the day she collapsed and was taken to the hospital would they have given her something to help with withdrawals for a period of time? Then if by chance she drank or used drugs again then suddenly stopped would that prompt a seizure?

I am not sure about the size of Juniors vocabulary, but remember he was only 3 when Haleigh was taken and just turned 4. So, I don't know. All children are different. IMO

Grandson Bobby is a few days older than Junior, and he's likely to tell me anything. It would not surprise me in the least if he said anything was bouncing.

Agree children are different but it's possible the Junior knows exactly what he's saying.

IMO it reminded me of a mother who was sick with worry over her missing 5 year old daughter!

Haleigh Cummings is still missing! Haleigh Cummings is still missing! Haleigh Cummings is still missing! Haleigh Cummings is still missing!
I have seen many, many women sick with worry over their missing child or children. I have yet to see one rocking back and forth to the point where I thought the chair was going to careen over backwards and also it was happening on national television. Very strange to me. It certainly did NOT remind me of a mother upset with worry at the time.

WE know that is why we are still here. It's OK....... we all don't see things the same way.

I am just throwing this out there because I do not know much about drug addiction and withdrawal. In the first week, Crystal looked awful sunken eyes, rocking in chair, shaking, staring off, alot of us comment she did not show much emotion at all. As weeks went by she started looking better, she now looks well rested does not rock back and forth during interviews, does not stare off into space as much. If she was going thru withdrawals and the day she collapsed and was taken to the hospital would they have given her something to help with withdrawals for a period of time? Then if by chance she drank or used drugs again then suddenly stopped would that prompt a seizure?
Possible. You do raise very good points about her overall condition tho. She did look really out of it and bad during the first week or so, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV