Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, from my understanding, the donations are to help her with her daily expenses. Daily expenses can mean new clothing for tv appearances. If the foundation is non-profit, she has to keep receipts and records for whatever that money gets spent on. It's not a case of someone donating 500$ and her just debiting the money for a new bag or taking her kids to Disney World for the day.

With all that said, I think people kinda just assume that the money that gets donated is going to be used as the donatee (is that a word?) sees fit. If they are worried that it's being misappropriated, they should refrain from donating.
But I totally get what you're saying. Thanks for posting that and getting my mind working tonight. It needed a bit of a jump start!

(snipped)

Just one little thing, which really isn't a big deal but I just wanted to point it out if anyone is interested -- I'm not sure if the Haleighbug Foundation is non-profit or not, but it isn't tax-deductible. I don't know why they would set it up that way, but when I went to the site, I did notice that.

Anyhow, I don't really see a problem with Crystal looking presentable for national tv appearances. When we were originally seeing her, she was mulling around in jeans and a t-shirt. And that is perfectly normal when she is in Satsuma looking for Haleigh. But, when she is going on a national tv appearance, there really is nothing wrong with putting on a decent outfit and brushing her hair.

I don't know if she got paid or not -- GR said no (quite emphatically also). Chances are the show did NOT cut her a check for her appearance. I do know there are ways around appearance fees such as "selling photos". That said, I haven't seen any new pictures of Haleigh on tv lately (other than the ones that Ron's attorneys have released to fight the allegations of abuse, so obviously Crystal didn't sell those). Besides, Crystal was only on GR's show last night for a total of probably 4 minutes. If I were her and Ron, I'd be begging every show in the world to put my face on so I could get my child's story out there -- no appearance fee necessary!

Great point! Rj could not SEE the couch from where he was sleeping!!! This would mean that his story is either made up or fed to him via CS! Has to be!!

There's always the possibility that he woke up and peeked out the bedroom door to see where Misty was...right?

Is there a way to check whether it is non profit? And if there are guidelines they will follow for use of donations?

(snipped)

Just one little thing, which really isn't a big deal but I just wanted to point it out if anyone is interested -- I'm not sure if the Haleighbug Foundation is non-profit or not, but it isn't tax-deductible. I don't know why they would set it up that way, but when I went to the site, I did notice that.

Anyhow, I don't really see a problem with Crystal looking presentable for national tv appearances. When we were originally seeing her, she was mulling around in jeans and a t-shirt. And that is perfectly normal when she is in Satsuma looking for Haleigh. But, when she is going on a national tv appearance, there really is nothing wrong with putting on a decent outfit and brushing her hair.

I don't know if she got paid or not -- GR said no (quite emphatically also). Chances are the show did NOT cut her a check for her appearance. I do know there are ways around appearance fees such as "selling photos". That said, I haven't seen any new pictures of Haleigh on tv lately (other than the ones that Ron's attorneys have released to fight the allegations of abuse, so obviously Crystal didn't sell those). Besides, Crystal was only on GR's show last night for a total of probably 4 minutes. If I were her and Ron, I'd be begging every show in the world to put my face on so I could get my child's story out there -- no appearance fee necessary!

The copy of the Geraldo show had Crystal looking like maybe someone is working with her about makeup and stuff. She has looked better the last 2 times I have seen her on tv.

I'm not sure if you meant this as a good thing but to me it is sad!
If my child was missing I don't think I would be in the mood for a makeover.
Infact I would probably not even be able to shower or do my hair!
JMO
:sick:

JMO

no but if she is trying to get custody of rj then she doesnt want to
appear a bum or druggie either...this could be under her lawyers advisement or her families we dont know what she is being told she should and shouldnt do jmho she has two kids to think about haliegh is missing yes but rj is just as important to her .. my mom told me that when my sister died .if it hadnt been for us other kids she couldnt have gone on .my sisters death was sudden and unexpected she died on my moms birthday and was buried on my stepdads (julies real dad)she was 6 weeks old

JMO

I don't know though...when my son died, I got dressed.. (in a new dress) that someone bought me because I had nothing presentable. I have no clue who bought it and don't even remember putting it on. I had make up on and my hair was fixed and to this day, I have no recollection of it. Somehow it just gets done. I see her as looking presentable, not all 'gussied up', lol!

If she really wanted to 'dress up', she could have just worn a black tank top :D

JMO

I meant I think it is a good thing. This girl needs help. Ronald also needs help and I hope someone will take an interest in helping him as well. Both could use some assistance with behavior, habits, etc... along those lines. They are young and have been raised a certain way.

Is there a way to check whether it is non profit? And if there are guidelines they will follow for use of donations?

I would imagine non-profit organizations have to register as such. There are forms online to register a business as a non-profit.

Here is what it says on the Haleighbug website:

"If you would like to purchase a Haleighbug bracelet and/or make a non-tax deductible donation to Haleigh’s mother, Crystal Sheffield, please call 866.999.0192. All donations will go directly toward helping Haleigh’s mother and family meet their basic and immediate needs while they temporarily reside near the investigation and ongoing search for little Haleigh."

I'm sure there is a way to check -- it would probably involve making some phone calls. Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure who you would need to call. Maybe someone local would know the proper agency to register a non-profit agency. (Or just do some google work). :)

Wouldn't it also make sense for CS to coach Jr on saying that RC or MC did something to Haleigh? I mean if she were trying to make up some story and get custody wouldn't that be a better way to go at it? To me what CS is saying Jr said is sounding like a stranger. And that wouldn't help her agenda that alot of people seem to think that she has.

There's always the possibility that he woke up and peeked out the bedroom door to see where Misty was...right?

If Jr. wasn't actually on that couch he could have gotten up and peeked into the living room then went back to sleep after Haleigh was taken. He could have been roused from a sleep more than once. Even Misti placed him up and walking around long before the man in black story was told on tv.

Wouldn't it also make sense for CS to coach Jr on saying that RC or MC did something to Haleigh? I mean if she were trying to make up some story and get custody wouldn't that be a better way to go at it? To me what CS is saying Jr said is sounding like a stranger. And that wouldn't help her agenda that alot of people seem to think that she has.

I have no idea if CS coached Jr. or not. However, I think it would be a lot harder to "coach" a 4 year old child to say his father or a loved female in his life "did something" to Haleigh would be pretty difficult. He loves both of them and would question why he was being asked to say something about loved ones. That would also be mentally abusive and would more likely than not cause him trauma if he were forced to say things like that -- especially given the fact that his sister is actually gone! Chances are that Jr. would be exhibiting signs of distress. *IF* CS has coached him in any way, using a stranger is a much "cleaner" way to go, IMO.

I have no idea if CS coached Jr. or not. However, I think it would be a lot harder to "coach" a 4 year old child to say his father or a loved female in his life "did something" to Haleigh would be pretty difficult. He loves both of them and would question why he was being asked to say something about loved ones. That would also be mentally abusive and would more likely than not cause him trauma if he were forced to say things like that -- especially given the fact that his sister is actually gone! Chances are that Jr. would be exhibiting signs of distress. *IF* CS has coached him in any way, using a stranger is a much "cleaner" way to go, IMO.

I think she has asked him leading questions, and quite possibly other adults in his life have as well. I'm sure they're all frantic to get the truth and as far as I know none of them are experts interrogating children. JR has also heard adult conversations and TV reports unless they're shielding him and might have picked things up.

But I don't really see the point if Crystal is coaching JR. intentionally unless she knows who took her and wants just to point away from whoever it was.
How would having JR tell a story about a stranger coming to kidnap sissy help Crystal achieve anything else? If it's not the real story it won't help her find Haleigh and it won't help her get the custody of JR. either unless the stranger abduction can somehow be blamed on the caretaker and the father, but the description she gave out was so generic it could point anywhere. There are plenty of men in black to go around the block.

Here's my question. Can Crystal tell the truth? She came out of the box swinging. In her first interview with her mother, they both started out by trashing Ron and Misty. Crrystal claims fear of Ron in court. Ron has NEVER been arrested for any kind of abuse and having read the custody heraing, Crysal is not afraid of opening her mouth in court and does just what she and HER ATTORNEY are doing - they "know" people who "know" things about Ron. Now they have a PI, whose credentials I have yet to see, spreading rumor and innuendo about Ron and Miisty.

The FACTS are that a judge decided that Ron was a better parent than Crystal. She has yet to prove to me that she's any kind of a parent at all. She can't support herself, and she is a gossip. She has a msyterious make-over. Who paid for that?

I do NOT trust her. She has not been forthcoming with anything, other than to change what she said her four-year-old son said. She said (originally) that his EXACT words were "a man dressed black took Sissy" Then it was a BLACK man in black, and ndow he saw the couch rocking? In the tour of the hosue, you cannot see the couch from the bed.a She is coaching that poor child and she is using him as a pawn to get even with Ron. I'd like to see LE put the heat to her like they are doing to Misty. She may have beeen at home, but she still has enough contacts in Satsuma to report to her on Ron's every move.

Yes. And now she's more interested in framing RC for child abuse than finding her daughter. Why is she and her attorney on TV talking about abuse? Kind of odd, considering CS' daughter has been missing for almost two months. Guess we know where her priorities are.

Great point! Rj could not SEE the couch from where he was sleeping!!! This would mean that his story is either made up or fed to him via CS! Has to be!!

I don't believe the couch bouncing story for a second, but... it was my impression that he heard it bouncing rather than saw it...

Did ya notice that he said Crystal was not paid for any interview with him like Ron's lawyers are claiming? I believe it too.

IMO, no matter how you feel about Crystal...she's the only one who is keeping Haleigh's name out there. If it wasn't for her trying to get custody of Jr, we really wouldn't be hearing anything about Haleigh on the news. Where's Ron and the kids "new Mommy"? Oh yea, they refuse to talk to the media about anything...including their missing little girl. MOO

I have to disagree. RC spoke to many many reporters about the night Haleigh was abducted, going over and over the events until CS took this to a custody issue and GR attacked him out of nowhere. If this turn of events hadn't happened RC would still be doing that. He is probably emotionally tormented about his missing daughter, and just trying to deal with that. I seem to remember him pleading for Haleigh to be returned, and him telling Haleigh how much he loves her and that he will find her. CS on the other hand was throwing out accusations of abuse while her daughter remained missing.

I have to say I do not care for CS with make up on. It makes her look hard. IMO she has a softer look with no make up. jmo

Yes. And now she's more interested in framing RC for child abuse than finding her daughter. Why is she and her attorney on TV talking about abuse? Kind of odd, considering CS' daughter has been missing for almost two months. Guess we know where her priorities are.

This is just my :twocents: (and let me preface that by saying I am not on one side of the other...I frankly wouldn't ask any of these people to babysit my spiderplant...and none of them are cleared)...

I think the alleged abuse of Crystal first came forth to the cameras on Geraldo. I don't think CS knew what was going to be asked...neither did RC...as Geraldo loves the blindside and the resulting drama from it.

That being said, once those allegations were out there I believe it had a kind of snowball like effect. The only media coverage seems to focus on this nasty ole snowball because that is all there is out there at the moment due to LE's silence since basically around the time Geraldo came to town.

That does not make either of them 'right' in my mind....in perpetuating the marital discord...and sinking into a "war of the roses" kind of game. Once this snowball started to roll, tho, there is no going back. I think the only thing that could start to melt this rolling monolith at this point is LE making some damm statements on where they are at in this investigation. If their complete silence is a tactic I hope it works for them sooner than later in finding Haleigh.

Good morning WSer's, I hope everyone is hanging in there. IMOO Ron was always suspisious of Crystal and Marie's intentions and past actions in regards to the children.
After 3 1/2 yrs he was still not allowing her or family to pick up the children at his home. He has also stated that he was concerned for his family when he moved into new trailer and that is why he changed the locks. Ron's statements have indicated he knows who stole his daughter, ..."she is not property".......IMOO he has from the beginning believed that Crystal and her family has a hand in this. This is a ongoing custody feud between these two families. Ron's, Misty's and TN action and words have been subtle, but spoke loudly. The Cummings family are the victim of a child abduction that has turned into a National televised and World Wide Web mission of slander of the families character. IMOO it is clear the media and public have become bias because of the unfounded allegations that are being provided by Crystal, family, K.P. & Cobra. IMOO Crystal has took advantage of the medias intrest to slander instead of pleading for Haleigh's return. Why? Is it because she knows Haleigh is safe. I find it hard to believe she would be so active, Haleigh Bug Headquarters, participating in handing out fliers, selling T-shirts and bracelets at the races but gets in front of a camera and spouts allegations, rumors, and lies instead of pleading for Haleigh's safe return. I wonder now if all that has came to light in the past few days will not be the break that LE has been waiting for to find the truth. The continued statements and actions of this side have clouded the clear truth of the events prior to and after the fact of Haleigh being abducted. The intrusion and directing of Forums on the Internet are a big red flag. The PI's actions and statements have discredited his original statements in regards to his original purpose in this sidelined attorney's (K.P.) investigation. How does helping to find Haleigh have to do with all that has been rumored of Cobras actions and decisions to do other wise? IMOO the investigation is needing to focus and clear the smoke to see the truth.
THIS IS JUST MY OPINION I mean no offence or attack of any that see it in any other light.

I think the only thing that could start to melt this rolling monolith at this point is LE making some damm statements on where they are at in this investigation. If their complete silence is a tactic I hope it works for them sooner than later in finding Haleigh.

snipped, bolded

Unfortunately, I'd bet a million bucks that's not the case.

I know nat! I am starting to feel the same way! If they do not need the pulic's help to find Haleigh what are they thinking/feeling/investigating at this time... sigh.... I hope she is found soon!

I don't believe the couch bouncing story for a second, but... it was my impression that he heard it bouncing rather than saw it...
I am not sure a child of 3 almost 4 years old could distinguish sound enough to articulate it to "couch bouncing". At that age, a young child may have said jumping, but even the wording here is suspect in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member