Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and several other things can happen as well:

Florida Child Support Enforcement Measures If a non-custodial parent does not pay child support, he or she is subject to enforcement measures in accordance with Federal and Florida child support law to collect regular and past-due payments.
• Interception of IRS tax refunds
• Interception of Lottery winnings
• Interception of Workers' compensation benefits
• Interception of Unemployment benefits
• Interception of Insurance settlements
• Freezing and/or seizure of financial accounts
• Liens against property such as personal property, vehicles, boats mobile homes and real property
• Support delinquencies are reported to credit agencies
• Licenses/documents that can be suspended include: Driver licenses, Passports, Professional licenses, Vessel registrations, Recreational licenses
• Jail time for up to 179 days for contempt of court • Full or partial payment to purge contempt

Yes you can have your DL suspended in Florida for not paying child support

But, does the person owed the child support have to file with the courts? If so, obviously over all this time she has been behind Ron has not filed.
And she has continued to see the children and if I am not mistaken she is still getting Junior. Also the night Haleigh disappeared TN called her immediately to tell her about it. Does not sound like the typical "bad" relationship between an estranged couple to me. IMO And I know that something has been filed by Ron that was to be in court right before Haleigh went missing.

The person owed the child support does have to file and pay the fee to have them served even though it is on record at the clerk's office. It is crazy.

Great point! Rj could not SEE the couch from where he was sleeping!!! This would mean that his story is either made up or fed to him via CS! Has to be!!

The copy of the Geraldo show had Crystal looking like maybe someone is working with her about makeup and stuff. She has looked better the last 2 times I have seen her on tv.

Great point! Rj could not SEE the couch from where he was sleeping!!! This would mean that his story is either made up or fed to him via CS! Has to be!!

After the last time Misty spoke and then with her mother speaking ... I'm not even sure those children were put to bed. There is mention of Junior watching his movie out on the sofa. I wouldn't bank on any of the stories anymore!

Yes, and several other things can happen as well:

Florida Child Support Enforcement Measures If a non-custodial parent does not pay child support, he or she is subject to enforcement measures in accordance with Federal and Florida child support law to collect regular and past-due payments.
• Interception of IRS tax refunds
• Interception of Lottery winnings
• Interception of Workers' compensation benefits
• Interception of Unemployment benefits
• Interception of Insurance settlements
• Freezing and/or seizure of financial accounts
• Liens against property such as personal property, vehicles, boats mobile homes and real property
• Support delinquencies are reported to credit agencies
• Licenses/documents that can be suspended include: Driver licenses, Passports, Professional licenses, Vessel registrations, Recreational licenses
• Jail time for up to 179 days for contempt of court • Full or partial payment to purge contempt

It depends on the amount though. If there's ANY arrearage, the tax refunds automatically get intercepted and sent to the state or the custodial parent.
However, if the amount goes above 5k, then it becomes Federal and out of state hands and then all those things happen. But until then, its just no tax refunds or drivers license.

Also, if you are 1500$ behind, you are not allowed to carry or obtain a passport....just another little tid-bit.

Thanks, the link someone posted here before indicated 4100 or so was owed.

Her license was suspended because she had speeding tickets that she neglected to pay the fines on.

Could somebody tell what the difference is of RC: paying for a tattoo (which he didn't but for argument sake) Buying a engagement ring (which he didn't but for argument sake) What is the difference him doing this and CS out buying brand new clothes, New hair do's, New make-up?? I'm a woman and the last time i checked a straight iron used to straighten her hair is $120.00 even if she hasn't bought one it is $20.00 to $30.00 to go to a salon and get your hair done..Make-up nor new clothes is cheap....Why does everyone have a problem with what RC is doing with the donations but not CS? I haven't seen RC in any new clothes....CS might be keeping Haleigh's face out there but at the same time she is steady collecting donations the whole time.....JMO

Could somebody tell what the difference is of RC: paying for a tattoo (which he didn't but for argument sake) Buying a engagement ring (which he didn't but for argument sake) What is the difference him doing this and CS out buying brand new clothes, New hair do's, New make-up?? I'm a woman and the last time i checked a straight iron used to straighten her hair is $120.00 even if she hasn't bought one it is $20.00 to $30.00 to go to a salon and get your hair done..Make-up nor new clothes is cheap....Why does everyone have a problem with what RC is doing with the donations but not CS? I haven't seen RC in any new clothes....CS might be keeping Haleigh's face out there but at the same time she is steady collecting donations the whole time.....JMO
chances are geraldo is providing all of that for her so she appears on
the show i still think there should be a video of those two together pleading for haleighs return and it should be played at every newscast and that is all the media they should be doing ..

chances are geraldo is providing all of that for her so she appears on
the show i still think there should be a video of those two together pleading for haleighs return and it should be played at every newscast and that is all the media they should be doing ..

Geraldo said she was not being paid for interviews...New clothes make-up and getting her hair done wouldn't that be the same as getting paid???

Geraldo said she was not being paid for interviews...New clothes make-up and getting her hair done wouldn't that be the same as getting paid???

Of course - but it's customary. He is trying to answer the question of did she get a big fat wad of cash stuffed in her pocket or a big fat check cut in her name. She didn't per his statement.

im not sure

Well, here's my thing: I am almost willing to bet that the area she lives in probably doesn't have stores like Sak's or Coach. So, if she goes to Wal-Mart and spends 100$ of the donation money on a few pairs of jeans and tops and some Revlon make-up, I don't really care. At this point, I think that she needs to keep up appearance. I mean, she can't plead her case for custody if she can't manage to dress herself somewhat nicely. If she can look better put together, then people will see that maybe she isn't so awful afterall.
I am sure that now she has some support behind her and she feels empowered, she probably has the desire to look nicer. Another thing is that she's probably seen herself on tv and thought "OMG I should NOT wear that eyeshadow again!" or "I can't do my hair like that next time I go on tv, it looks like I stuck my finger in a light socket!".

Also, from my understanding, the donations are to help her with her daily expenses. Daily expenses can mean new clothing for tv appearances. If the foundation is non-profit, she has to keep receipts and records for whatever that money gets spent on. It's not a case of someone donating 500$ and her just debiting the money for a new bag or taking her kids to Disney World for the day.

With all that said, I think people kinda just assume that the money that gets donated is going to be used as the donatee (is that a word?) sees fit. If they are worried that it's being misappropriated, they should refrain from donating.
But I totally get what you're saying. Thanks for posting that and getting my mind working tonight. It needed a bit of a jump start!

Jmo, I don't think we know if those things were paid for by the show or whether they were covered by another type of donation.

Jmo, I don't think we know if those things were paid for by the show or whether they were covered by another type of donation.

No money was paid to CS for the show. I understand she looks different than she did during the days she was at the tent site. But now she can try and represent herself better when on TV. I would. These clothes she is wearing are probably her clothes she had at home. We don't know ...

What is important her is to find Haleigh

We all have opinions, I wish facts were available.

Of course finding Haleigh is what is most important, and I think questions about all of the parties is reasonable, and may lead somewhere that hopefully will lead to Haleigh.

No money was paid to CS for the show. I understand she looks different than she did during the days she was at the tent site. But now she can try and represent herself better when on TV. I would. These clothes she is wearing are probably her clothes she had at home. We don't know ...

What is important her is to find Haleigh

Hmmm.... could be an interesting argument if not for Haley's family but others in the Orlando area (perhaps)... I can think of two areas where "gifts" are considered income by the IRS:

1.) gift bags given to celebrities as taxable income and as such "the fair market value of the bag and its contents must be reported on his or her federal income tax return." The reason it is considered income is that the organizations do not provide the gifts "solely out of affection, respect, or similar impulses for the recipients." (I could see the media giving clothes & services to CS out of respect for her appearance on their show as it has not been taken into excess).

2.) Sarah Palin had to report $300 in clothing that was given to her by CNBC that she wore during an interview with them (snicker, snicker)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theresa06