Crystal S., Haleigh's mother #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: the photos Ron has of his daughter's marks on her body.Okay So his daughter falls at school and gets bruises---I just thought it was odd that if it were an accident,why did he keep taking photos of her face AFTER it happened? Anyone else think that's odd? Why would you take pictures of boo boo's if they were were an accident?

I suppose they figured they'd better, in case it comes back to haunt them some day. And it did. It's the smart thing to do if you have already been in trouble with the DCF.

RE: the photos Ron has of his daughter's marks on her body.Okay So his daughter falls at school and gets bruises---I just thought it was odd that if it were an accident,why did he keep taking photos of her face AFTER it happened? Anyone else think that's odd? Why would you take pictures of boo boo's if they were were an accident?

My guess is that they wanted to document it in case they needed the
pictures down the road for anything.
I'm glad they did!
It made CS and her attorney look stupid for going on tv and claiming that
these were NOT the same marks that she had due to the fall!
LOL!
Gotta love it!

;)

With the custody issues that have gone on between RC and CS this doesn't seem odd to me at all. I am sure RC was advised by his lawyer and maybe even DCFS to document any accidents/falls etc for either child long ago. Well they both were probably advised of that to protect themselves and the kids. jmho

My guess is that they wanted to document it in case they needed the
pictures down the road for anything.
I'm glad they did!
It made CS and her attorney look stupid for going on tv and claiming that
these were NOT the same marks that she had due to the fall!
LOL!
Gotta love it!

;)

They sure do look foolish. Crystal and her attorney telling anyone who would listen that it was abuse and now they have to do a lot of back peddling. The attorney already tried on NG show last night to say that SHE never said it, but was on national TV.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. For being an "expert" on family law, this lawyer has no idea what she is doing or talking about..

:banghead:

(bold mine, from previous Crystal #3) Hi txmommy :wave: ...and we were doing so well yesterday... lolol!

1. "Crystal admits doing cocaine while pregnant, this is not a try during pregnancy kind of drug it is a habitual habit at this point and is sometimes in need of intervention."

What Crystal admits to is STOPPING use of cocaine as soon as she learned she was pregnant--unlike dad, who continued using drugs in the home they shared.

2. "Those who don't want to quit drugs while pregnant are in need of someone else caring for the child after delivery."

Those who don't want to quit drugs while PARENTING are in need of someone else to care for their child/ren!

3. "I firmly feel that Ron has demonstrated repeatedly his ability to address ASAP his concerns in regards to the children."

Ron is the one who did not want Crystal to learn to drive; and insisted instead he would be responsible for arranging alternate transportation by his mother to and from Haleigh's doctor appts. during the time they were living together and beyond, yet failed to follow through. Crystal is not the one in whose care Haleigh was when the 22 absences from school occurred during her first few months in school. And Crystal is also not the one who, w/out warning failed to return and kidnapped their two children in violation of the court ordered schedule. It would seem when dad takes the children--nevermind whether there was just cause, whether court sanctioned nor even if legally entitled--he has only altruistic motives... Yet when Mom, in response to now grave and justifiable concern is in a position to seek LEGAL remedies, to rightfully pursue due parental recourse in the prescribed manner, her motives are selfish, sinister and suspect...?

4. "...we (do) not need to speculate the mothers motives for not pursuing child support to establish said paternity."

While attributing the worst most selfish possible motives to mom, for me to say there is a ton of speculating and assigning of benevolent motives re dad going on in your own post would be a gross understatement. And plez, don't even get me started on this doing comparisons of these three women's characters on the basis of looks, mannerisms or vocal tone, I will have cardiac arrest or a stroke... lol. This will have to do for now as it needs to be addressed further in Ron Thread, but w/e we saw eye to eye yesterday, well it was nice while it lasted LOL!!
:parrot:

:angel:I have not been posting responses to your posts. I agree we Do Not see things the same way. I will not argue about these (hearsay or rumors) points. I am not on your's or any other members side I AM ON HALEIGHS. I did not come here to judge members or be judged, argue over opinions or to be rude just to be helpfull, and I do believe I have. I will be here having my morning coffee with all of you when this sad case is blown open and the truth is revealed. :D

you know i agree with that and i was wondering the very same thing ... i mean how many of us take photos of our kids when they get hurt ? were they planning to sue the school or ? i do find this kind of odd .. i mean if no one did anything why would ron be worried about it im not being snarky to ron im just really wondering why ? and crystal was supposedly praising how misty and he take good care of the kids .. so at that point why would they be worried she would pull anything ? but who knows with all of em

http://www.cbs47.com/media/news/e/4/.../cummings1.pdf

Page 5 - Ron says he kept the kids because he heard she was using cocaine

Missed hearing - page 21 - Crystal states lived in Glen St Marys for 3 months, therefore when she was served papers October 3rd, and answered them October 18th she would of been living at the same residence at the time of the hearing in December. If she did move between October and December by chance it would of been her responsibility to inform the court - she was full well of the proceedings as she had answered the original petition.

Cocaine use - page 23 - she admits not using cocaine for a year - RJ is 9 months old at time of hearing - therefore she used while preg with RJ.

Criminal records - page 39 Marie brings records up - later Ron brings Maries records up

False police report - cannot link direct but go here http://www.bakercountyfl.org/clerk/
hit search criminal dockets type in sheffield and scroll thru - they are not in order some of her charges are up top some at bottom you will find filing false police report (which was also addressed on NG today.

Hope this helps.

ETA - also if you scroll to the end of the documents the judge says he will review the violence file and dcf file and if he finds anything in there to change his ruling he will do so. I do not have page number because already closed out and takes forever to load.

he actually didn't even say HE HEARD it. His proof was a statement that "it was said she had a bad cocaine habit". Nothing about who said it or who it was said to. The phrasing makes it obvious that it could have been HE HIMSELF who had said it. That would pretty much fit in with the rest of the set up.

I don't have the patience to go into whose address was what when and who told who what it was whenever. The court clearly states that "there was a communicaiton from the mother that the address was incorrect. That motion had merit. So we are here for reconsideration."

In terms of cocaine use. She said it had been ABOUT a year. She never said she did it while pregnant. I believe BOTH parents used drugs and only one has been honest about it. Just looking at the criminal records seems to support RC's failure to be honest about his drug invovlement. CS also says RC used drugs at the hearing but gets sidetracked into the accident discussion where because she was not present it was hearsay. So RC won on that point because he lied about his record.

Not sure what the point about criminal records is. The only one's present were the one's Ron brought about MC. On page 45 the Magistrate says he "does not have the arrest records of the parties" before him and he goes on to make his decision.

< Snipped by me >
Because it bears repeating... :applause::applause::applause:

Originally Posted by kiki the parrot
Scathing references to "rampant misinformation" and blistering accusations of lies aside, I can only defer and pay homage to our fellow member boytwnmom--whom we've all been privileged to have on these boards--and who "couldn't help but feel the need herself to patiently point out a few of the mistruths about Crystal" earlier on this thread. Shelby I assure you, you are not the only one waxing patient in disagreement w info being repeatedly put out here as "fact" yet merely adding to the confusion. Yes here we go again, but I will spare her the trouble of having to repeat herself:

Originally Posted by boytwnmom
"I did an analysis of the custody hearing the other day. I'm an attorney, although a corporate not a domestic relations one, but I do know rules of evidence and standards of proof and so I feel confident in saying that the hearing was handled in an appalling and unfair manner and presents numerous grounds for appeal.

Some of what I said the other day:

"Especially as I went back and read the custody rehearing where he made sure every statement he made was spun to make himself look good and Crystal look bad. Anything that had gone wrong was Crystal's fault. Even when asked about day care he said he wanted to get Haleigh in but he left some papers in Crystals car and she didn't give them back so he couldn't get her in day care.

I see a consistent pattern of deflecting any personal responsibility for anything that happens which to me ties in with his every ready response that "I was at work". I also highly doubt he has been truthful about things like his invovlement with drugs unlike Crystal who was, if anything, too truthful about everything. By that I mean she seemed completely unprepared in that custody hearing and Ron was clearly loaded for bear knowing exactly how to spin everything.

He was a great provider even though he had only just gotten a job and was living with his mother. He didn't bring Haleigh back to Crystal after the Mexican vacation but it was Crystal's fault because she had "problems" and a cocaine habit and she never really asked him to. I also saw that Crystal testified that Ron wanted her to quit her job as he didn't want his children left with a babysitter-kind of ironic and also devious as he knew then that would make her look less eligible at the custody hearing. Crystal sure isn't any brain surgeon and I don't know if she is just simple and trusting or beaten down and sort of afraid of Ron or still in love with him or what. I didn't see any evidence of her being less than truthful or else she would have dissembled about obvious negatives the way Ron did.

I noticed that Ron said he passed a drug test but the results were not there or available and the Magistrate simply took his word for it and it wasn't like he later checked because he made the decision immediately. When Ron's criminal history came up Ron immediately changed the subject to Crystals mother's criminal history and his was never discussed or put in the record but the Magistrate did take Crystals mothers records that Ron convieniently brought. This hearing is a textbook example of why someone needs a lawyer as the Magistrate did not follow normal rules of evidence nor apply his rules equally to both sides nor ensure that he had a complete record prior to making his decision."

So, I have to disagree with your comments. I also don't think you should accuse her of cocaine use while pregnant unless you lhave a firm basis to do so. At least she was honest concerning her past transgressions. Given Ron's criminal record I would be more concerned with his history. It is simply not credible that anyone with the number of drug related charges he has has never been invovled in anyw ay with drugs. He is simply not truthful about it.

In any fair hearing the fact that he absconded with the children and refused to return them would have been an extremely important factor but it was completely ignored. HIs representations regarding his living with his mother and her caring for the children soon become him living in a felonious relationship with a minor from whose presence the child was stolen and who can't tell a consistent story as to the timeline leading up to the disappearance of the child.

I am just glad that Crystal has attorney now to protect herself and her children and she seems to have escaped from Ron's influecne and control.

And I have never seen any evidence of her filing false charges. I really don't think you should be throwing accusations around that are completely unsubstantiated as accusing people of a crime without any basis can get one in trouble."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...23#post3475523

Originally Posted by boytwnmom
"On page 45 of the transcript the Magistrate clearly says that he does not have the arrest records of the parties before him. The only records that were produced were those of Crystals mother and these were brought by RC.

Yes, it is highly unusual to not have records prior to making a decision like this. That was kind of my point. This hearing was a travesty.

Ron also admits he did not return the children when he came back. He had not been awarded custody and he did not return them as agreed. Just because Crystal didn't know how to properly articulate that doesn't mean it's not the truth. On page 5 Ron says he just kept them with him. On page 18 Crystal talks about going to court and attempting to get an injunction. She is terrible at communicating but the gist of it seems to be that Ron kept the kids, stopped answering his phone or comunicating with her and wouldn't let her see or talk to them. Once she tried to get an injunction he would only let her see and talk to them if she dropped the injunction which she says she did so he would let here see the kids. This obviously makes little sense from a legal perspective but I don't get the sense she has a very keen awareness of domestic relations law. So, I'm not sure whether she is seriously misinformed about the law or just was cowed by Ron or whatever but he clearly took advantage of the situaiton and was awarded custody when, apparently, she did not receive notice of the first hearing. On page 19 she also says she asked him to bring the children back but that she couldn't make him do it.

I still do not see where Crystal admitted to doing cocaine while pregnant as you say she did so perhaps you can point that out.

Although you say all your claims are backed up by proof you do not point to any sources to substantiate that Crystal has made false reports to LE. Again, that is a serious matter and I think when referenced the source should be linked to.

As far as what Crystals attorney alleges I have no idea about that. I was only speaking for myself and do not feel responsible for the allegations of another person who I clearly don't know and have never spoken to. I was referring to allegations you have made here, on this site which are not linked to sources. You say your info can be verified and so I would like to review that verification as so far I have found Crystals statemments and behavior both at the custody hearing and in regard to this situation to be consistent and truthful. If that is not the case I would like to know that so I can revise my opinion accordingly.

In general I look at these things with a bias towards facts. Facts can be inconvienient things but also tend to be a useful tool for getting at the truth, which is the only thing most of us are interested in so that Haleigh can be found. The truth seems to be one things sorely lacking in this investigation and ferreting it out seems to be the key."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...85#post3476185

Originally Posted by kiki the parrot:
Yes it IS frustrating to have facts presented in earlier posts both ignored and distorted. Altho I've worked for two attorneys (and consider myself fairly articulate) I, no doubt like Crystal, am w/out question not nearly as equipped to assess nor to argue the legal ramifications as succinctly and clearly as boytwnmom--who, like myself, has no dog in this race. I'm just grateful that a disinterested person in this field has taken time out to do an analysis in order to shed light on this for the rest of us--of which any of us who are not attorneys might do well to heed and take note. And thankful that Crystal has an advocate of her own now. You are not the only poster who's grown weary of hearing what they feel is a mischaracterization. As you said, repeatedly misstating something does not make it true. So it's all "one way," and we "don't see posters stating falsehoods when it comes to Crystal?" Perhaps there is more than "one way" to interpret the alleged "facts" but boytwnmom is certain to enjoy a raucous laugh over that one... Props BTM for your posts. JMO

you know i agree with that and i was wondering the very same thing ... i mean how many of us take photos of our kids when they get hurt ? were they planning to sue the school or ? i do find this kind of odd .. i mean if no one did anything why would ron be worried about it im not being snarky to ron im just really wondering why ? and crystal was supposedly praising how misty and he take good care of the kids .. so at that point why would they be worried she would pull anything ? but who knows with all of em

Seems to me one would be very unlikely to document an injury if he caused it.

Scathing references to "rampant misinformation" and blistering accusations of lies aside, I can only defer and pay homage to our fellow member boytwnmom--whom we've all been privileged to have on these boards--and who "couldn't help but feel the need herself to patiently point out a few of the mistruths about Crystal" earlier on this thread. Shelby I assure you, you are not the only one waxing patient in disagreement w info being repeatedly put out here as "fact" yet merely adding to the confusion. Yes here we go again, but I will spare her the trouble of having to repeat herself:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3475523#post3475523

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3476185#post3476185

Yes it IS frustrating to have facts presented in earlier posts both ignored and distorted. Altho I've worked for two attorneys (and consider myself fairly articulate) I, no doubt like Crystal, am w/out question not nearly as equipped to assess nor to argue the legal ramifications as succinctly and clearly as boytwnmom--who, like myself, has no dog in this race. I'm just grateful that a disinterested person in this field has taken time out to do an analysis in order to shed light on this for the rest of us--of which any of us who are not attorneys might do well to heed and take note. And thankful that Crystal has an advocate of her own now. You are not the only poster who's grown weary of hearing what they feel is a mischaracterization. As you said, repeatedly misstating something does not make it true. So it's all "one way," and we "don't see posters stating falsehoods when it comes to Crystal?" Perhaps there is more than "one way" to interpret the alleged "facts" but boytwnmom is certain to enjoy a raucous laugh over that one... Props BTM for your posts. JMO

Ironically, it was the post you reposted to me in your reply that I had in mind when I said here we go again LOL.
All of the inaccuracies were pointed out, the facts I used came from court docs, not media or downstairs "rumors". Busylady kindly backed up my statements with links (IIRC on pg1 of CS thread #3) a few days ago for boytwnmom. Busylady has done it again today.
My concern was people would see that post, and not having been here since the beginning doing the full research as many of us have here have done and take it for truth, when there our docs that dispute that info. Apparently my concern was well-founded. So we can go round and round arguing until we're blue in the face, but I for one, will stick with the facts as I know them and leave all the twisting of it to other posters.
I'm NOT looking to take anybody's side here but Haleigh's. I am looking at this as objectively as I can and trying to keep the facts in mind and the rumor and innuendo aside. This case is not about Crystal, and she is not the victim, so I just don't understand why some take it so personal when her faults are brought up. Even she has admitted to things that people here still won't believe. I give up.

The way I see it both parents have enough faults that we don't need to be adding to their lists with mis-truths.

As for the custody stuff, I'm with Busylady and am now done with this discussion. So far 2 judges, LE and DCF have all decided Ron should have custody, so unless I'm ready to believe there is a Putnam County conspiracy against Crystal, I am satisfied.

Happy Friday everyone :D

he actually didn't even say HE HEARD it. His proof was a statement that "it was said she had a bad cocaine habit". Nothing about who said it or who it was said to. The phrasing makes it obvious that it could have been HE HIMSELF who had said it. That would pretty much fit in with the rest of the set up.

I don't have the patience to go into whose address was what when and who told who what it was whenever. The court clearly states that "there was a communicaiton from the mother that the address was incorrect. That motion had merit. So we are here for reconsideration."

In terms of cocaine use. She said it had been ABOUT a year. She never said she did it while pregnant. I believe BOTH parents used drugs and only one has been honest about it. Just looking at the criminal records seems to support RC's failure to be honest about his drug invovlement. CS also says RC used drugs at the hearing but gets sidetracked into the accident discussion where because she was not present it was hearsay. So RC won on that point because he lied about his record.

Not sure what the point about criminal records is. The only one's present were the one's Ron brought about MC. On page 45 the Magistrate says he "does not have the arrest records of the parties" before him and he goes on to make his decision.

Would you be surprised if I told you this was a typical scenario in family court ? I lived through it with my teenager and have since joined several support groups and this is how it worked with everybody I've talked to. I think it was pre-determined that Crystal would lose.

Seems to me one would be very unlikely to document an injury if he caused it.
they are doing alot of things that would seem unlikely that a person would do in this situation ..so with these people you just dont know ..

If one of my kids or grandkids ever got hurt as bad as Haleigh was at school I would be taking pictures and demanding to know from someone how it happened and if there was an adult watching the kids. I don't know how the accident happened but it looked pretty severe for a fall. If Haleigh was on top of the monkey bars and fell to the bottom then the school might not have been properly watching the kids.

If one of my kids or grandkids ever got hurt as bad as Haleigh was at school I would be taking pictures and demanding to know from someone how it happened and if there was an adult watching the kids. I don't know how the accident happened but it looked pretty severe for a fall. If Haleigh was on top of the monkey bars and fell to the bottom then the school might not have been properly watching the kids.

I agree.There better be a real good reason why my child looked like this from an accident at school.Did she have any other injuries on her?

I think the reason both sides seem to have documented Haleigh's bruises is because there is such a "back and forth" history in this case and both camps wanted their proofs handy for the next cause of action.

Ironically, it was the post you reposted to me in your reply that I had in mind when I said here we go again LOL.
All of the inaccuracies were pointed out, the facts I used came from court docs, not media or downstairs "rumors". Busylady kindly backed up my statements with links (IIRC on pg1 of CS thread #3) a few days ago for boytwnmom. Busylady has done it again today.
My concern was people would see that post, and not having been here since the beginning doing the full research as many of us have here have done and take it for truth, when there our docs that dispute that info. Apparently my concern was well-founded. So we can go round and round arguing until we're blue in the face, but I for one, will stick with the facts as I know them and leave all the twisting of it to other posters.
I'm NOT looking to take anybody's side here but Haleigh's. I am looking at this as objectively as I can and trying to keep the facts in mind and the rumor and innuendo aside. This case is not about Crystal, and she is not the victim, so I just don't understand why some take it so personal when her faults are brought up. Even she has admitted to things that people here still won't believe. I give up.

The way I see it both parents have enough faults that we don't need to be adding to their lists with mis-truths.

As for the custody stuff, I'm with Busylady and am now done with this discussion. So far 2 judges, LE and DCF have all decided Ron should have custody, so unless I'm ready to believe there is a Putnam County conspiracy against Crystal, I am satisfied.

Happy Friday everyone :D

(bold mine)

To demean another opinion by any who reject our interpretation of the facts as "twisting" them isn't arguing the facts themselves--it is invalidating another person and attacking their integrity because one disagrees w other points of view. Plenty have, and will continue to, see this very differently.

To diminish another person's interpretation of those very same documents--including time spent by a skilled, qualified attorney--dismissing it as "based upon rumor" downstairs also isn't arguing the facts it is invalidating another person's integrity, and the quality of their own assessment, simply because another disagrees w one's point of view. Boytwnmom did not do a lengthy, time consuming analysis of local gossip--but stated rather she had painstakingly reviewed the custody hearing documents.

To discount other's opinions in this case--who have also been here from the very outset and waded at least as doggedly thru at least as many documents, delved equally into researching legal proceedings, case histories, poured over extensive arrest records, maps etc and w respect and consideration for the time and input by those w greater qualifications, legal and other areas of expertise--as all superfluous or inferior merely because it conflicts w one's own view also isn't arguing facts fairly. It's again slurring a poster and their efforts for simply disagreeing.

The awarding of custody--in Crystal's and in every case--is determined upon an ongoing, fluid, and weighted decision by courts, based upon ever changing circumstances of either parent. Thus far it was 'judges' who decided to dismiss every one in a long series of drug charges against one parent; LE who did nothing about an underaged child living there w dad; and we all know DCF never makes any mistakes. But none of it made it one ounce safer for any of the children involved. Which is why anyone on Haleigh's OR Junior's "side" supports a thorough investigation of any concerns which may exist now in their environment--in which Haleigh was last seen alive and from which she inexplicably disappeared to ensure all present risk factors are identified and in turn addressed. W/e the court decided in the past does not determine what is in the current best interest of Junior--or his sissy if Lord willing she's possibly survived. In that event everyone should be relieved and assured the children are returning to the healthiest environment wherever that's determined to be. On one thing we can agree, this case is not about Crystal and never has been. It is, however, the topic of this thread--including all those who view her as peripheral, a scapegoat and a sideshow; but who understand allegations, by her and by others, warrant a closer look, therefore choose to support her, for the sake of the children, in those efforts. JMO

(bold mine)

To demean another opinion by any who reject our interpretation of the facts as "twisting" them isn't arguing the facts themselves--it is invalidating another person and attacking their integrity because one disagrees w other points of view. Plenty have, and will continue to, see this very differently.

To diminish another person's interpretation of those same documents--including time spent by a skilled, qualified attorney--dismissing it as "based upon rumor" downstairs also isn't arguing the facts it is invalidating another person's integrity, and the quality of their own assessment, simply because another disagrees w one's point of view. Boytwnmom did not do a lengthy, time consuming analysis of local gossip--she stated she painstakingly reviewed the custody hearing documents.

To discount other's opinions in this case--who have also been here from the very outset and waded at least as doggedly thru documents, having delved equally into researching the legal proceedings, case histories, poured over extensive arrest records, maps etc and consiering the input by those who possess far more qualifications, legal and other areas of expertise--as all superfluous or inferior merely because it conflicts w one's own view also isn't arguing facts fairly. It's again slurring a poster and their efforts for simply disagreeing.

The awarding of custody--in Crystal's and in every case--is determined upon an ongoing fluid decision by courts based upon ever changing circumstances of either parent. So far 'judges' decided to dismiss every one in a long series of drug charges against one parent, LE did nothing about an underaged child living there w dad and we all know DCF never makes any mistakes either but none of it makes it an ounce safer for the children. Which is why anyone on Haleigh's OR Junior's "side" supports a thorough investigation of any concerns that exist now in their environment--in which Haleigh was last seen alive and from which she inexplicably disappeared to ensure all present risk factors are identified and in turn addressed. W/e the court decided in the past does not determine what is in the current best interest of Junior--or his sissy if Lord willing she's possibly survived. In that event everyone should be relieved and assured the children are returning to the healthiest environment wherever that is determined to be. On one thing we can agree, this case is not about Crystal and never has been. It is, however, the topic of this thread--including for all those who view her as peripheral, a scapegoat and a sideshow; but who understand allegations, by her and by others, warrant a closer look, therefore choose to support her in that effort. JMO

Yes, the case is about Haleigh.

Throwing darts at the wall, but...

1. Maybe RC had a gut feeling CS would try to pin the bruises on him. (How does his taking pics of the bruises clear him anyway? Just curious.)

2. Maybe Haleigh said "take pictures of my boo boos". Kids are fascinated by weird things. You never know.

(bold mine)

To diminish another person's interpretation of those very same documents--including time spent by a skilled, qualified attorney--dismissing it as "based upon rumor" downstairs also isn't arguing the facts it is invalidating another person's integrity, and the quality of their own assessment, simply because another disagrees w one's point of view. Boytwnmom did not do a lengthy, time consuming analysis of local gossip--but stated rather she had painstakingly reviewed the custody hearing documents.

To discount other's opinions in this case--who have also been here from the very outset and waded at least as doggedly thru at least as many documents, delved equally into researching legal proceedings, case histories, poured over extensive arrest records, maps etc and w respect and consideration for the time and input by those w greater qualifications, legal and other areas of expertise--as all superfluous or inferior merely because it conflicts w one's own view also isn't arguing facts fairly. It's again slurring a poster and their efforts for simply disagreeing.

The awarding of custody--in Crystal's and in every case--is determined upon an ongoing, fluid, and weighted decision by courts, based upon ever changing circumstances of either parent. So far 'judges' decided to dismiss every one in a long series of drug charges against one parent, LE did nothing about an underaged child living there w dad and we all know DCF never makes any mistakes either but none of it makes it an ounce safer for the children. Which is why anyone on Haleigh's OR Junior's "side" supports a thorough investigation of any concerns which may exist now in their environment--in which Haleigh was last seen alive and from which she inexplicably disappeared to ensure all present risk factors are identified and in turn addressed. W/e the court decided in the past does not determine what is in the current best interest of Junior--or his sissy if Lord willing she's possibly survived. In that event everyone should be relieved and assured the children are returning to the healthiest environment wherever that is determined to be. On one thing we can agree, this case is not about Crystal and never has been. It is, however, the topic of this thread--including for all those who view her as peripheral, a scapegoat and a sideshow; but who understand allegations, by her and by others, warrant a closer look, therefore choose to support her in that effort. JMO

am quite used to people who mistake opinion for fact. I am also quite familiar with the legal system making, dare I say, mistakes. There are places where magistrates, and even judges, don't even have to be lawyers or skilled in the law. I practice in NY and there, for example, small claims court judges are elected and not required to have any legal qualifications. They make lots of bad decision. So, like all systems devised by man, the legal system can and does make mistakes. It's especially unfortunate when those mistakes result in tragedy as when the guilty go free and thus are at liberty to commit further crimes.

As I have said more than once, I have no dog in this fight insofar as being part of the Cummings or Sheffield admiration society. There is plenty to criticize on both sides. For me, my interest is in sleuthing, i.e. evaluating what is known and crafting theories as a result of those evaluations. Here we have a missing child. There are several players. It's important to evaluate each in terms of whether they had/have anything to do with the child's disappearance. My evaluation of Crystal leads me to conclude she had nothing to do with Haleigh's being missing.

Her history, demeanor, and actions show a rather passive person who came under the sway of RC while she was young. It is apparent to me that he was the controller in the relationship. I saw that continuing by her failure to ever make a serious effort to confront him. She also seems to be an honest person especially in the context of the judicial hearing where she did not make any attempt to dissemble or mislead the court. She also made no effort to make a case for herself but that goes along with my assessment of her basic personality. In fact, it is only subsequent to Haleigh's disappearance that she seems to have developed her own voice. She seem to have suddenly become more alive and more proactive which explains her much more serious attempts now to deal with Junior and his situation, perhaps in order to make sure he does not suffer the saame fate.

None of this means that I thnk Crystal was some kind of steller parent or that she does not have further growth to achieve before she can become one. She does seem to have some of the self awareness that seems absent from others who insist they have never done any wrong despite a court record that proves otherwise.

My husband used to run a large social service agency. One of the programs was a Parenting Education class. There were many women there who had been abused. At first I often didn't believe they were abused. Why, becasue they didn't seem angry enough or even angry at all. They seemed so passive, so accepting of whatever happened to them. Over time I came to realize that was not the case. That abuse steals your personhood and demolishes the ego to a point where they almost feel they have no right to have feelings. They have been deemed worthless by the man who was supposed to love and protect them and their chjildren. It's a phenomenon that I don't totally understand and, for that, I am grateful but also cognizant that many women do understand. Consequently I really, really hate bullies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelikaBor